Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Ironic Truth?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Ironic Truth?
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2012 15:20:23   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@above
1)Encumberance is fine. You still get a huge advantage over level 30 players since they only can use lvl 34 weapons.
2)Buffing seasonal rares gives an unfair advantage to new players as well you know. If someone joins right after Independence Cleaver goes rare then they have to wait a whole year for it and then have to pay to buy the now buffed version while the player who joined before it went rare the first time would only have to pay for the not as expensive and not buffed weapon.
3)If anything credit enhancements need lowered way more than varium.
4)They're working on factions, tournaments aren't going to happen until things are more balanced(unless you want to fight Caster Mages or Str BM each round[which would make people say they implemented Tournaments just to force people into class changing to stand a chance])
5)This is already planned to happen eventually.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/5/2012 16:25:10   
Lord Machaar

It's the ugly truth!
If a non-varuim player, in this period of time, have got school or work, he will be busy most of the time which means he won't be able to farm 200k credits just to buy and enhance one item.
while a varuim player, in 20 minutes, can get that item, enhance it and play with it.
you got money = you are good
you don't have money = you're not good
that's common sense, we don't see it just in Epicduel or video games in general, we see it in our society, in our world, it's unfair, every single one of us knows that, so why we should whine about it?
but the problem is, most of those players are kids, they don't get that... which is hard for them to understand, but there is always a first time, they should know that not everything is fair, even video games... simple as that!

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 10/5/2012 16:32:08 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 52
10/5/2012 16:31:23   
Bunshichi

^ well in the majority of shooting games I've played money will not help you.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
10/5/2012 17:48:14   
Joe10112

@^: But...TF2 Unusual Hats! The ones that cost over a thousand dollars each! What about those? Or even ones that cost only $100 each? You look good while playing!

Anyway, just want to say that this is a pretty interesting thread. I feel the devs are releasing more and more content for the Non-Vars, but still favoring the Vars, which is fine. For instance, the Charbringer items were very nice for non-vars I felt.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
10/5/2012 17:56:50   
nico0las

Although we can observe that the majority of the players above level 32 are in fact varium players, this is not where the majority of the population is, although it would be a safe guess to say the average level of the active player in ED is above level 30. When we look at the amount of characters and accounts in ED, we forget that the majority of players that play ED quit out before level 30, simply because the current 34s and 35s are simply too powerful to be beaten, and losing over and over isn't exactly fun. These high levels are loaded on varium because they were crushed by the early Delta 33s and 34s. These were crushed by the Gammas, and them by the Betas, and betas were crushed by founders. It's not hard to tell that the majority of the populous would either be level 30+ or done playing this. As already stated, if everyone had varium, there would be no point in buying it seeing as it's only purpose is to have an advantage. Eventually there are going to be no more low leveled players, and the only ones left are going to be us, overloading on varium, buying new gear every week to gain an advantage over the others. Does this game ride on non-variums? Of course. However, we will eventually reach either of two outcomes: Either this game dies out absolutely because there are no more non-variums to keep this game going, seeing as they all quit because the varium players are too strong, or that this game rides on because a pocket of it's players continually invest money into the game on a regular basis (every few weeks) to gain an advantage on the ever decreasing player population.

@Lord Machaar Although that makes sense, it's not justified, as there are always reasonably large exceptions. Take a game like Halo or Call of Duty for example. So you invested 80+ dollars into the game, well that's sad for you, seeing as what's measured is skill. In Halo (and I use this example because I play roughly two hours a day of Halo), everyone is equal. The gap is made by those who are good, and those who are not. We could take an example out of ED, even. Players like JaritheMighty and Doctus are outstanding players without investing a single penny into the game. If you time your shots, you will get the kill more times than someone who rushes for a power weapon (one hit kill weapons) and randomly open fire, which is how I see the 90% of the vairum players in ED. Are they skilled? Absolutely not. They are terrible. They recycle builds to gain an advantage. What separates the players on the leaderboards and the recognized players from others? Ingenuity, battle strategy, and understanding.

(Edit)On a side note: This game is ironic. A blood mage who uses intimidate. It's almost funny to think that a class that mindlessly buffs it's strength would bother having a skill to lower his opponents'.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 10/5/2012 17:59:40 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
10/5/2012 23:38:09   
midnight assassin

They make significant equips for non-varium in higher levels limited just like the charbringer. And your reply will be mostly the war weapons. The stat placement was worse. Also I agree that it will take weeks or more than 1,500 wins to fully enhance an item. That's why I temporarily quit.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
10/6/2012 0:27:00   
sky222

Whether the other players are varium or not, paying will increase your power.
So nonvar are not the lifeline of this game. The only thing that will change if everyone is var is the reason to pay: paying to not get owned instead of paying to own
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
10/7/2012 19:58:00   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@sky It would be much more sensible to make varium into an easier to access items currency so you're not forced to buy it to stay competitive assuming you have the time to farm the credits for the free versions. I hope they keep the new system they're trying because my non varium is able to compete with varium users his own level much better now. And if more non variums can win then more will stay in-game so varium buyers can have their varium to get an advantage over the free players rather than needing it to compete with the large number of varium users.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/9/2012 16:39:48   
ur going to fail

I think a good example of what ND is saying is the slayer armor. It was released and like what, 3 weeks later? the Plat. pride armor is released and its the same thing but with a special.

Same thing is gonna happen to dragon buster 2 and inferior sword.
Epic  Post #: 59
10/11/2012 10:01:14   
Clavier

Great thread. Non vars are indeed the game's life.
Epic  Post #: 60
10/11/2012 14:30:03   
Drianx

quote:

@sky It would be much more sensible to make varium into an easier to access items currency so you're not forced to buy it to stay competitive assuming you have the time to farm the credits for the free versions. I hope they keep the new system they're trying because my non varium is able to compete with varium users his own level much better now. And if more non variums can win then more will stay in-game so varium buyers can have their varium to get an advantage over the free players rather than needing it to compete with the large number of varium users.

The only issue with this system - purchasing everything either with hard-earned credits or with lazy varium - is that varium will become a shameful investment - something like the lazy man's currency. Somewhat like AC versions of reputation classes in AQW. Buying an AC class instead of farming for it is considered somewhat lame, although you're in fact supporting the game for those so-called 'brave farmers'.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
10/11/2012 14:33:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@drian Is it shameful to have a full time job preventing you from farming for hours? Is it shameful to have a job that leaves you so tired at the end of the day that you can hardly make dinner before collapsing into bed? Is it shameful to have an educational life so chock full that you must spend until the wee hours in the morning studying and doing homework?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Ironic Truth?
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition