Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is 2v2 Balanced?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Is 2v2 Balanced?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/21/2012 18:42:20   
Luna_moonraider

quote:

Dude. U can win if your partner is 31 lvl and u 35 lvl but only if u both full variums against 2 35s which arent vars or in case 35 n 31 lvl can rare win. That question is also inside my post. And yeah again strategy. LOOK down there is a more .
You can answer ur self.

super not true. what ya think a varium player can carry the whole battle. wat if the 2 non variums are well fully enhed and have the best non varium gear available. yes it might be hard to beat 2 varium lvl 35 if you get a lvl 31 partner but it is still possible to do so if you outsmart them and use boosters.

@mother1

hmm true 3 week+ of 2v2 npc during infernal wars almost forgot bout it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 101
11/22/2012 22:06:42   
legion of souls

Personally, i use a juggernaut build in 2vs2 in case my partner aint that great.

Prepare yourself for the worst.
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
11/22/2012 23:42:28   
SouL Prisoner

^ i don't do much of 2v2, but when i do, i do what you said :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
11/23/2012 2:29:08   
Luna_moonraider

5 focus build is the safest build for all battle modes and yes i use a 5 focus build right now as, well i dont trust my partners in 2v2 sometimes and well anything can happen in 2v2. dc,afk, partner skip turn cause partner had to go to the washroom ect ect the list goes on.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 11/23/2012 2:30:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
11/23/2012 4:52:06   
Warmaker04

We are talking about 2vs2 battle.
and also i told u to read down but none did it :O just first part of the post.
Jugg can... depends on lvl range.

This part u didnt saw :
agree there are some players without gears but they atleast help. Cause there is some like THEM, But they dont help or concentrating in fight.
so this can be true

on other jugg/ 35,31 lvl part/ lets start with jugg : i dont agree much cause i meant for varium jugg i think u didnt saw {unfair part} : 35 and 31 can win only if they are full vars vs two 35 lvls which are non vars , or with luck, or with bad stuffs , Or they just did their best and played good. but thats 5% change to win with that kind of unfairness, if we except if 35 lvls two have bad stuff and 31/35 got good.
100 tech but 30 def? 37-45 res but 20-24 def? he can have good res but if hes smoked hes totally pwned in the battle. so unagreeded
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
11/24/2012 13:23:10   
King Helios

Or if 35 and 31 complement each other.

EX: A STR Merc with P sword and a 5 Focus BH.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
11/29/2012 0:08:32   
Vegafire

Theres nothing wrong with the pairing system after all any player is just as good as another depending on their level of skill, there has been plenty of times when i have got a non var level 31 teamate against two full varium 35's and we still win, ally chat is there to share statagies and get the advantage, and its not like when a 35 is getting a 29 as a teamate its unbalanced as the other side is normally 32-33 making the level range even.
AQW Epic  Post #: 107
11/29/2012 0:31:38   
Hard boy

people just use the word strategy to try to convince u that something isnt broken, str bounties u need strategy, str focus bm u need strategy, lvl31 and u vs 2 35's u need strategy, for god sakes tell me what type of strategy ur talking about cuz these words are driving me insane.
Epic  Post #: 108
11/29/2012 0:43:29   
Vegafire

Either you or they Nurf either your apponements defences or str and then you team the weaker apponement first, meaning the second apponement is less of a chalenge. i mean every class has the potential to do so and still inflict mass damage right? then use your own and your teamates build to your advantage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
11/29/2012 0:55:03   
Hard boy

when there are 35's on the other team, there is never a "weaker opponent" they will both use their heals, and their boosters, they have no consideration, even if they are battling 2 lvl 1's
whether u malf,smoke, or intimidate u gets countered, i can safely say that in a situation like this ur 110% with no chance. let alone Strategies.
Epic  Post #: 110
12/1/2012 13:26:53   
King Helios

^ Boosters do make it hard. You have to do 50+ in 1 attack.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
12/1/2012 13:34:16   
Vegafire

If your smoked decently and left with about 10 - defence my bludge alone does about 50 damage+ and thats not maxed and im not a str build, if your malfed due to deadly aim my sidearm does 25-25 normally aswell as my infernal android, currently my build does 19-23 base damage and sidearm 20-24 + 10 base damage, primary 20-24 base damage, robot 21-25 + 30 base damage with the ever increasing special attack, defences are both still 21-25 + 5 and My Intimidate (Not maxed) does -43 strenght, aslong as i get a apponement that can debuff defences and knows how to listen (any level) we can still win against two 35's if there healing and using boosters there litterally wasting turns and energy if they are not a loop build.

And also having 70+ support i do crit quiet often which is extra damage, full frontal attacking combined with my support gives me my rage in 3-4 turns 2-3 if the apponement blocks or deflects once or is a tank

< Message edited by deathshadowslayer -- 12/1/2012 13:35:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 112
12/2/2012 2:06:53   
Hard boy

surely u can bludgeon 50+ ur a Bm...
and about raging in 3-4 turns, ever battled a merc with 7 adrenaline who raged twice in 5 turns and before u even had 1 rage yet?
I really dont get what mercs are complaining about, they have all they want, but thats besides the point, no normal build can hit 50+ without a giant crit.
Epic  Post #: 113
12/2/2012 2:58:16   
theholyfighter

2vs2 is more than being balanced or not; it's complicated. You can't just say whether it is balanced. many factors influence the decision of the battle.
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
12/2/2012 14:29:21   
Metallico

The problem is not the partner lvl, the problem are the out dated gear high lvl players who decide to go 2 vs 2 expecting that a lvl 35 varium with full enhancement can win the battle for them, trust me i have seen lvl 31`s stronger than some lvl 34`s it also depends on the gear... 2 vs 2 should be decided by gear and not by the lvl in itself

< Message edited by Metallico -- 12/2/2012 14:30:01 >
Epic  Post #: 115
12/3/2012 0:20:35   
Hard boy

just the fact that they made low levels have the same items as high level blows the purpose..
like come on i see a lvl 30 with delta knight, dragon buster 2, caterpillar zooka, and dages boomstick.
these days u can just buy urself into epic duel, and guess what, the forums are open for u to get a free build :D
Epic  Post #: 116
12/3/2012 0:23:58   
goldslayer1

alot of the issues here are just team tactics in general.

like ur partner being a CH, but he goes and malfs the guy with the high resistance and HP. instead of the low hp low resistance opponent.

or how i can use smokescreen but my partner keeps using energy weapons instead of taking advantage of smokescreen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
12/4/2012 10:22:18   
Tri Phoenix

its completely op i want this to be normal now i never have good partners
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
12/4/2012 10:36:43   
Mother1

Two vs two isn't as unbalanced as you think. Just because you get a 'bad partner' doesn't mean they are really bad. Your opponent may get a worse partner, or someone who doesn't know how to use this build. Plus in this game depending on the order the flow of the match can go for or against you.
Epic  Post #: 119
12/4/2012 18:21:00   
Nub Apocalypse

I don't even know how you can consider a battle mode to be unbalanced. All battle modes are neutral. Treat the 3 battle modes of EpicDuel as 3 different games. How can a game itself be unbalanced. If one person faces a disadvantage in a battle mode, others in this battle mode suffer from the exact same, so all things are equal. You find 2v2 people hard? Well so does everyone else. People are actually subconsciously deeming 2v2 as "unbalanced" due to the fact it is harder to win. 1v1, 2v2 and Juggernaut are all completely different. Try to think of them as 3 different games under 3 different companies even. They are completely unrelated. Everyone faces equal difficulties, and don't blame luck please, luck is an excuse for either little rascals or those high lvls who believe they are good when in truth they suck, and they just need something to back themselves up with. I managed a very high % in 2v2 through my skill, and I am able to shamelessly admit that I am proud of it, you might call be arrogant for it, but I have nothing to say against that. All of a sudden 2v2 becomes all easy because of all these complaints from ignorant players, what has my hard work become? Everyone will have high %s, my proud record would just fall to dust, despite the fact that I have skill, and others don't.

Kids and the few adults here alike need to just face the facts: they aren't as good as they think. It's funny how people think they're so good just because they npc the heck out of ED, and they do little to no 2v2s because they know they'll lose. Then they wait for the right opportunity, like an easier 2v2 battle mode for example, then also abuse the heck out of them, and show off their undeserved pride to other members of the community. This is not right, leave 2v2 as it is. Everyone has the same difficulties in this battle mode, 2v2 is really the only battle mode that I enjoy because it is the most strategic, and it does not have npcs, and unlike Juggernaut, you do not win 99% of the time. If the %s are relatively low it does not matter, because a lower % relative to a decent 1v1 record does not say at all that you are a bad player. People need to relax when they get bad partners, you might get angry at the fact you lose, but so does every other single player in the game. What goes around comes around, luck works with a cyclical nature, think of it this way, you constantly get bad partners in ED, but to balance that bad luck out, you get good luck in the real life world. And kids, trust me, one day, you will find that the real life world is much more important than the virtual world you spend the majority of your day on, and you would much prefer for the good luck to be within the world which you can actually find true fun and happiness.

< Message edited by Nub Apocalypse -- 12/4/2012 18:23:35 >
Post #: 120
12/4/2012 18:25:00   
goldslayer1

heres my solution to fix the match up problems.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20915142

it stops players from getting partners with weak items or no items at all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
12/4/2012 18:33:38   
Nub Apocalypse

Nty, just leave 2v2 as it is. Gold, you are just exactly the type of person i'm talking about, high amount and % of 1v1 battles and a low amount and low % of 2v2 battles. You just want things the easy way out, after all, isn't that why you stopped playing 2v2 at a mere 2k wins? To wait until you can come abuse it? You're just another npcer who is able to fool the several oblivious players in the community. Don't say you don't npc, cause your 2v2 reflects your skill in a hilariously different way than your 1v1 gives you. Balance ideas here are so hard to get across because the community is strewn with kids who don't know what they're talking about yet dying to impress and sound like a professional.
Post #: 122
12/4/2012 19:13:08   
goldslayer1

@nub
so ur saying its better to have bad partners?

for the record, i was a 2 vs 2 player before i became a 1 vs 1 player.
most of my lvling up was done thru 2 vs 2.

and in beta i use to have a 80% winrate on 2 vs 2 with mage without heal loop. (ask rogue ninja)
back in beta when i went for team daily i had gotten 280 wins at 80%.
i was not able to play the last 3 hours of the day, and lost it te a lower lvl merc (lvl 22 i think) who had gotten 6 more wins than me at the end.

later in gamma i tried team daily again, and had gotten 78% with 230 wins as str merc and won the daily.
now i have a 72% 2 vs 2 record. (would be much better if i wasn't a non var merc most of the time)
im not gonna say im an expert in team battles. but im far from a noob.
and i guarantee u, pro or not, no one likes being stuck with a newbie.

and what does NPCing have to do with balancing 2 vs 2?
yeah i do NPC, thats because its much faster than 1 vs 1 battles, and relieve some of the battle that i've lost due to extreme bad luck.

and i agree, they are strewn with kids. dont mistake me for one though since u dont know me.

u might like the way it is now, i just dont like the fact that my 2 vs 2 "pro-ness" has to be in the hands of person 5 lvls lower than me with default gear, half the time.

and if it makes u feel better, i didn't do team NPCs on the infernal war.

Ps. only about 12k of my solo wins are from NPC.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/4/2012 22:19:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
12/4/2012 23:18:24   
Mother1

@ nub

Don't forget there was the infernal war were you could get NPC for 2 vs 2. But on another note I do agree with you on this. Even when I get a bad partner I still work with the person and as I have been saying several times in this thread we can still come out on top. You never know who you will get, what kind of build they will be using, or what they have to offer period.

I remember many times I gotten a person with no gear, and only the apprentice staff yet I was able to win with this person when fighting against 2 fully equipped players. While I enjoy 1 vs 1 I enjoy 2 vs 2 more since as you said it require more planning since unlike in 1 vs 1 and in jug fights you are only depending on yourself and not an unknown factor.

@ Everyone who wants to limit 2 vs 2 for whatever reasons

2 vs 2 isn't unbalanced. As Nub and a few others said everyone has to go through the same problems in 2 vs 2 not just you. Adapting to the situation and making the best out of the duel is the best thing. Adding these things to 'balance' the mode isn't balancing it but taking some of the planning out of the battle. Also adding restrictions just because you don't want your record messed up in all honestly is completely selfish. I know we want to win, and I know it is bad to get a partner without gear or a lower level partner, but forcing them to do 1 vs 1 because they can't afford gear isn't the way to go.

Epic  Post #: 124
12/5/2012 0:16:26   
goldslayer1

@nub
after doing a couple of matches in team again after a really long time, ur right. leave it the way it is.
this way only pros would succeed in this system :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Is 2v2 Balanced?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition