Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Lottery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Lottery
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2012 18:25:34   
Baydraze

Guys I got a idea.
Each level segment (like 30-35) can participate to a random lottery.
10 people will win, 1 will win the grand prize. This will be each week. Participating is possible in the whole week till friday. You only need to hit one button.
People can win random stuff, like a bike or credits or even a bit var or you name it!

This idea came in my head cause I sometimes have random ideas XD

What do you guys think of this? Plz support this if you like it.
Epic  Post #: 1
10/22/2012 18:34:11   
The Slayerrr.

Maybe not 10 people and we wouldn't win varium but wouldnt hurt to try.
Supported
Post #: 2
10/22/2012 18:49:10   
8x

One In a Million achievement and The Arcade were kinda like lottery and both are gone now (that tells me that luck related things don't work well for ED).

The lottery is not a bad idea, but I'm sure that people would flame and complain if the reward was anything else than credits.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/22/2012 19:03:53   
classifiedname

it wouldn't hurt to bring back some crdits prizes.
people would probably wine and complain , but they should get over themselves....
supported
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/22/2012 19:12:57   
laguna blade

Hmm idk to support or not
Epic  Post #: 5
10/23/2012 8:26:01   
doomturtle

I think each week you they should have a lottery but you are entered one time for every 10 or so wins you have that week so it encourages players to play more
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/23/2012 8:58:22   
Stabilis

If we do not pay for lottery numbers and the prizes are only valued in credits then I can support this.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
10/23/2012 11:09:36   
Baydraze

Maybe you guys are right. Only credits would be nice too
Like: 1st Price 20k-50k (for lvl 30-35) as example
Epic  Post #: 8
10/23/2012 20:21:24   
LegitKillz

I like it, so supported!
Epic  Post #: 9
10/23/2012 21:49:27   
Metallico

Supported man, but they should only let the first 5 winners get a bit of varium like a 200 amount, it is good for enhance weapons
Epic  Post #: 10
10/23/2012 22:38:59   
f4tal1tY

Supported, although the varium given out would have to be a very small amount, enough to purchase a hair style/boost idk. Also don't talk about bikes D: i'm still getting over the fact that everyone has bikes now -.-
Epic  Post #: 11
10/24/2012 1:01:54   
Blaze The Aion Ender

How about theres 10 winners
1st place-
2nd-
3rd-
then the others would win 10k

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/24/2012 14:56:13   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I think it would be more effective to have in-game lottery systems reflect the ones in the real world (i.e. Mega Millions, but with 4 numbers instead of 6). Players can go to lottery machines across Fortune City(pun intended) and purchase up to 10 tickets with their selected numbers each day for 50 Credits per ticket. All ticket costs are accumulated into some sort of Vault. Each day, at reset, there will be an automatic "drawing" (a simple number generator does the trick) and the player(s) who has the winning ticket (with all matching numbers) would win the entire amount in the Vault. If multiple players have winning tickets, the reward is split evenly between them. No taxes please. :) If no one wins that day, the vault amount is carried over to the next day. Also, there should be a leaderboard for this and/or an achievement for winners.

If 1,000 players participate, buying the maximum number of tickets each day, then the daily Jackpot amount would be +500,000 Credits. Enough to almost fully enhance three 10-slot items and make someone very happy.

In addition to this, it would be fun to have a scratch-off mini game with simple rewards like 1k Credits, 100 Tokens, 5 Varium, etc.
Epic  Post #: 13
10/24/2012 15:37:25   
8x

^I love that idea, but without a leaderboard and an achievement for lottery.
Epic  Post #: 14
10/24/2012 15:42:15   
Zean Zapple

Lots of love for this new idea. A lottery would be awesome
Epic  Post #: 15
10/24/2012 16:42:23   
NinjaAmin

I agree, there should be a lottery or the arcade should come back. It'll make it more fun for people in Epic Duel.

But I don't think it should only be for lvl30-35, because that is just not fair. Maybe Epic Duel could change the prize rarity(for example, a lvl 31 got 10k credits, and the lvl25 got 5k).

I think that way is better.

I SUPPORT IT! :)
Epic  Post #: 16
10/24/2012 16:55:16   
Vypie

@ Drekon
At first I wasn't very fond of a lottery idea, but your suggestion seems perfect. You could even get your ticket numbers randomized when you buy one, just to save some time.

I would discard the leaderboards, but a small achievement would be nice! Maybe 500 rating points only, so it wouldn't make a big difference. But having it featured on the achievement page would be very gratifying.
Epic  Post #: 17
10/25/2012 15:28:59   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Thanks guys. I should have explained it better, but the leaderboard wouldn't be the same as the ones we have now. It would be a form of record keeping log that displays all past winners, the date they won, and amount. If such a log is deemed unnecessary, then at least a small achievement, showing that a player won the jackpot, would be enough.
Epic  Post #: 18
10/25/2012 17:10:34   
DestruRaGe

Oh yea any kind of lottery would be welcome. I think that there should be a lottery with 1 free try every 24h and if you want more tries
you must pay in varium or credits. There would be several prizes. Most people likes to gamble and it would be beneficial for devs too ;)
Epic  Post #: 19
10/25/2012 17:19:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Gambling and kids game (aimed at kids)? That's a no as it is. Kids game that promotes gambling isn't really right, no matter how it can benefit Devs apparently, it's still a big no if it comes to promoting gambling.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
10/25/2012 17:30:27   
DestruRaGe

^sorry but other MMOs are also for ppl aged under 18 and a lottery system isnt a problem there. Btw in ED you must kill your opponent to win so thats ok but lottery not?
Epic  Post #: 21
10/25/2012 17:57:17   
Ranloth
Banned

Sorry but "other MMOs" =/= AE. AE caters for kids below 13 as well who should have parent's permission to register and it isn't always the case and promoting gambling is really not a way to go, especially when you involve 2nd currency for which you pay real money. There's a reason why gambling is not allowed unless 18 or over in most countries.

Also death is nowhere near being illegal in terms of using the context of it. It's commonly used in kids' movies that can be watched by small kids and since AE is aimed at players of age 13+, they can expect some maturity. They don't include blood since they aren't allowed or at least not to a major extent and death can be experienced at any point in life. Also to your example of killing the opponent, if I was to take the literal meaning of it then it says that they were defeated not killed. You can get defeated but have your life spared. But AE games already included deaths in their games as it is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
10/25/2012 18:23:26   
alt stink

rememberme, isnt when you create an acount you have to put your age?, or im in other mmo?
Post #: 23
10/25/2012 18:24:52   
DestruRaGe

^alright I wonder what ED staff thinks about it. Maybe we will find out.
Epic  Post #: 24
10/25/2012 20:06:32   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

@Trans, I think you took DestruRaGe's use of the term "gamble" out of context. Yes, the term itself tends to have a negative connotation, but it's also used to describe a person's risky actions when the outcome is uncertain. "You took a gamble on today's test by not studying for it"... something to that effect.

Also, remember that Epic Duel used to have a feature that could be seen as gambling. Players used to wager 5 Battle Tokens in an effort to win prizes. The only reason this feature is no longer around is because ED came up with the Battle Drops. They never once described it as gambling.

Now, that being said, I don't think players should be able to wager Varium in any form of a lottery system. Since varium is acquired through transactions with REAL money, such a feature will most certainly be viewed as gambling in the real world and could land AE in some legal troubles. Credits, on the other hand, are easily acquired without financial transactions, so there's no reason why it couldn't be used to wager in a game of luck as was Battle Tokens in the past.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Lottery
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition