Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Weekly suggestion meeting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Weekly suggestion meeting
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2012 18:49:32   
Baydraze

New suggestion:
A meeting, only for lvl 34/35 at a new location on the map which will be held every week. Instead of only watch on the forum people can tell their ideas to everyone.
And people will only be able to send a message once a minute so nobody could spam.
Maybe by this idea people can discuss new suggestions and then post on the forum.

Mayby this meeting can be held with 1 ED-team member/or someone else, who posts the suggestions which are made on the meeting on the forum after that day.

What do you guys think?

< Message edited by Baydraze -- 10/22/2012 18:50:07 >
Epic  Post #: 1
10/22/2012 18:55:22   
8x

This is what would happen: http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1328/omgjm.png
Now just imagine that half of those people are suggesting something.

Btw, suggestion forums were made just so that we could discuss suggestions on here, why would we do that in game?
Epic  Post #: 2
10/22/2012 19:00:07   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I'm 100% certain that those meetings would turn into a "f4f" trolling party. I don't see the point in this, since we already have the forum.
Epic  Post #: 3
10/22/2012 19:18:12   
laguna blade

Not supported.
Epic  Post #: 4
10/22/2012 19:21:50   
classifiedname

id have to disagree on the count of trolling, flaming, f4fing , and overall lag..

not supported

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/22/2012 21:52:37   
SMGS

While on paper, it does seem like a good suggestion, there are a few issues I can see with it. I don't feel that, if a suggestion such as this would go through, 'shunning' people below the level cap is right. There are definitely aspects in the game that really, only new players can give feedback on. I've recently tried playing on a couple of alts lately, and the new player experience has definitely changed over the years, for example. Another thing I've observed is that the staff have expanded their methods of getting your suggestions. I've personally seen some people take their suggestions over to Twitter, for example. We definitely try to open new avenues for you and others to express your ideas, and we do constantly take a look at what you have to say.

Having the meeting ingame does have it's cons though. As you said in the first post - people can send messages every minute. Multiply that by the amount of people in the meeting (trust me, there will be a lot) and the result would be a chat box exploding. There are certain suggestions that go directly to the point, although there are some suggestions that require more explanation. For example, you would probably type "We should have weekly suggestion meetings ingame." on the chatbox, but would people be aware that what you have in mind is a level cap restricted meeting? It would and up requiring you to type multiple messages, and once again, coupled with the few dozen people in the room who have their own unique ideas, getting them through would be very difficult and tedious for that staff member you want watching the meeting. Generally, when going through suggestions, I do end up reading and re-reading threads more than once, usually to make sure that I'm interpreting the idea correctly. Having a ton of people sending messages simultaneously gives limited time for others to make sure they do understand your suggestion, or even have time to 'record' it for the hypothetical forum thread. Something like this would be really difficult to do in a crowded zone with many other ideas wanting to go through all at once.

All that being said, there is nothing stopping you from having a discussion with someone who doesn't use the forums and has an awesome idea, and throwing it out for others here to see (with proper credit to them). At the same time, I know a LOT of staff devote a lot of their time into going to high traffic areas to speak with players, to speak to you directly about this type of topic (and I have seen this first hand) when time persists for them. The issue for me here is more of the 'scheduled' aspect, where more people are likely to show up (which is both a good and bad thing) and a lot more work and pressure is placed on a couple of staff members. Staff do make random visits to places like Oz when they have the spare time to do so, and that generally would keep it at an ideal level of chat if you wish to speak to them on a suggestion you have in mind.

If the issue here is the worry that staff don't read forum suggestions, definitely their presence in terms of posting would be limited (since they do have other responsibilities, such as developing the game), but they do read what you have to say. I've been going through a lot of the old forum threads (for example - http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18217268 ) and I was quite surprised to see a lot of suggestions that were already in-game. We do read your suggestions, discussion about them does happen and a magical list of amazing (...and rejected) suggestions appears for you to see once those are said and done. The AKs also do regular 'sweeps' to these forums to take revisit old threads and pass up good suggestions to the devs.
Post #: 6
10/22/2012 22:16:34   
Reki

^ Nuff' said.lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Weekly suggestion meeting
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition