Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Equipment Skins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Equipment Skins
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2012 17:26:23   
JDM

So, after reading what Nightwraith said on his twitter

quote:

A lot a awesome weapons get overlooked simply for having low stats, or the "wrong stats". We would really like to fix that

I was thinking for a bit, and came up with the idea of Equipment Merging.. (edit: or skins, read the rest of the thread to see what i mean..)

What if we could choose two pieces of equipment that are both in the same category (armor, wrist blade, staff, club, gun, and auxiliary), and be able to choose if you wanna use the art of one piece of equipment then use the other one as stats..

For example, what if i liked the look of the Advanced Electro SMG but i liked the stats of the ACRP 45 better. With equipment merging, i could merge the two together and come up with a gun that looks like the Advanced Electro SMG but has stats of the ACRP 45 too (or vice versa).

What are your guy's thoughts on this?

< Message edited by JDM -- 11/4/2012 0:43:32 >
Epic  Post #: 1
11/1/2012 17:40:08   
Cyber Dream

Thats just simply to much work for the developers, they would have to create and draw alot of combinations of the weapons considering they are MILLIONS of weapons you can choose from, so there for NOT SUPPORTED. sorry
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/1/2012 17:45:27   
Rayman
Banned

Isn't this the same as The SKINS Suggestion?
That if u love one wep stats but it's ugly, then u just equip the skin of the cool wep on the ugly wep with good stats.
So its like using infernal slayer with frostbane skin, it will have infernal slayer stat's and dmg but with the look of frostbane.

But i only support to have the skin if lets say, u want Bunnyzooka skin on Eggzooka, U gotta have on you'r inv the bunnyzooka and buy the bunnyzooka skin for 500 varium and then you will be able to equip it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/1/2012 17:55:02   
Cyber Dream

I agree rayman, a much easier way would to do this is just add a slot called style and you can change ur wep but keep the same stats, but i see this only for looks so i think this has a low chance of being noted down.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/1/2012 18:17:40   
Vypie

well, that's what he was saying.
quote:

able to choose if you wanna use the art of one piece of equipment then use the other one as stats..

I kind of agree, it's always cool, but during battles, how would we know what weapons they had? Specially if they were low level weapons in look.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/1/2012 18:49:36   
Sympleton

I like this idea, but not knowing the type of damage their weapons do would be bad me thinks

Btw, there are no where near close to a million weapons in ED... one thousand would be pushing it, Let alone millions...
Epic  Post #: 6
11/1/2012 18:54:53   
King Helios

1,021 weapons, so using adding factorial (my method for pairing # combinations), then 521,731 combinations.

When you add their actual color schemes, that's 522,752 possible combinations...Not supported.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/1/2012 19:24:50   
Cyber Dream

ever heard of extreme exaggeration sympleton?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/1/2012 19:37:32   
JDM

Wouldn't this work kind of similarly to enhancements slots in a way..?

< Message edited by JDM -- 11/1/2012 19:39:38 >
Epic  Post #: 9
11/1/2012 20:18:14   
Cyber Dream

yea but i think wht he is saying is that we should be able to use a weapon is place in another weapon but keeping the same stats in the process....
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/1/2012 21:30:54   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I don't like it, because I don't know which weapon my opponent is actually using, and with specials like Massive Strike or the Bio borg's special, it can be very pesky

Not supported
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/1/2012 22:53:46   
JDM

@Cyber Dream
Yeah, pretty much...

@Blaze The Aion Ender
True.. But maybe they can make it so you can see your opponents specials and such..

< Message edited by JDM -- 11/1/2012 22:54:01 >
Epic  Post #: 12
11/1/2012 23:02:17   
Rayman
Banned

King Helios: you can leave these combinations alone since they're not needed, My method is like this:
You have for example; Frostbane Sword on you'r Inv, then you can click on it and have an option to buy the sword skin for 500 varium and then you equip the skin on the wep you want, for example infernal slayer, so infernal slayer will have the looks of frostbane but with the stats of infernal slayer and DMG(Only the apparance of it will change), then you will be able to remove it when u want and apply the frostbane skin to another sword. Daggers skin to dagger, staff skins to staff and mauls skin to mauls etc.
You have to own the wep to use the skin of it and pay 500 var to unlock the skin of each wep.

Blaze: they can add an option that says he's using a Skin on the wep, Ex: you'r Lvl Bubble will have a diferent color like blue, that mean's that hes using a Skin on a wep and to know which wep hes using you will be able to click on your opponent wep and it will turn for 10 seconds to the original one.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 11/1/2012 23:12:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/1/2012 23:07:44   
JDM

^Yeah..
Epic  Post #: 14
11/1/2012 23:18:13   
Rayman
Banned

^
Yeh, There might be a way to this to work and this have been suggested since beta lol.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
11/2/2012 0:31:23   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yeah this is great! that means the if players have rare promos that are too weak for example frostbane, azrael's bane or celtic cleaver but they still like their designs alot it can actually work great. so that will stop people from buying rare weapon skins if they don't have that weapon in their inventory.
and when your opponent gets into battle and both you and him have these weapon skins on, then a notification will show up in your chat that only you can see, and it tells you that your opponent has the infernal slayer equipped but with frostbane skin, or we could use rayman's idea and make the skin reveal the actual item below for a certain amount of time. this system would be great for everyone then.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/2/2012 0:38:53   
veneeria

Really debatable
In a way i would like this too, but then again, appearance also is used to acknowledge what the items does and then make a counter-attack based upon it.
So, make it visible to see if the weapon's stats via character page/ window-in-game. (this also might make a change into retrain system, maybe more useful? maybe not just weapon but also all items stats without the enchantments ofc. )
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/2/2012 8:09:08   
Stabilis

How would this work if for example 1 item has 10 enhancements and the other with 9?
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
11/2/2012 8:17:25   
Drianx

quote:

I don't like it, because I don't know which weapon my opponent is actually using, and with specials like Massive Strike or the Bio borg's special, it can be very pesky

False.
In character window you can see actual damage type and stats, regardles of the weapon looks.
Or you're guessing builds only by looking at the weapons?

Basically, although your opponent will look like wearing Default Staff, in his character screen - click the bubble displaying the level - you will still see 20-24 +35 Physical Damage just like his actual weapon has.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 11/2/2012 8:21:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/2/2012 8:43:07   
gangster a

this will confuse people and i dont support this because its too much work anyways
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/2/2012 18:37:12   
JDM

@Drianx

Yeah, people could just look at the weapon type and damage it can do by looking at the players character screen and also, they can make it show all the specials the player has on the character screen too so you can see what specials your opponent has..

So, i really dont see a problem...
Epic  Post #: 21
11/2/2012 21:47:57   
Unknown Menace

Funny thing.. i suggested the exact same idea with a partial exact same title some time ago. So yes Supported

I really hope at some point this will make it in the game. The fact that once you exceed a certain level alot of items are becoming useless stat wise but art wise they don't fail to appeal. For example the suggestion shop items are not level capped. It's good that there are weapons made availeble for lower levels also, but think about the players that suggested the items and want to use them but wrong stats/lower stats are holding them back.

So why not make it that once you reach the level requirement of the item it's art can be made availeble for usage for any level on and above that level. So this way you can still bring out level 30 gear, but it's art can be made availeble for 30 and above (not to mention the obvious, you have to own the item in order to have acces to the art)

I'm always looking for the positives and negatives in idea's and in this one i can't spot a single negative.
It's not a buff for old items, it's not OP and to avoid cofusion in fights have a little note showing right behind the merged item like: Primary 18-22 + 35 Merged
You are already checking out a players stats in a fight so you will see this as it is also written with a marked colour.
Epic  Post #: 22
11/2/2012 22:31:26   
Vypie

I like the idea of using a weapon art/visual on top of our normal equipped weapon. Old weapons would still have their use, and many are so awesome! We could customize our looks based on our personal taste, and favorite weapons, etc.

Some limitations would have to apply:
-You would need to have the weapon/armor in your inventory;
-Wrist blades would only transform into other wrist blades. Swords to swords, etc.
-Robots should not be eligible to morphs.
-No armors from other classes, of course.
-It would look weird to strike with a physical weapon while dealing energy damage, so I think weapons should be limited to their damage type.

quote:

I'm always looking for the positives and negatives in idea's and in this one i can't spot a single negative.
It's not a buff for old items, it's not OP and to avoid cofusion in fights have a little note showing right behind the merged item like: Primary 18-22 + 35 Merged
You are already checking out a players stats in a fight so you will see this as it is also written with a marked colour.

I dont see issues with this suggestion as well. Butt can still see some confusion, because in your solution the name of the weapon would still not be showing.
But i thought about something different which could work very well! :)

[X-ray unmorphing detector]
A Small button/icon near the character health bar. You could hover your mouse on top of it, and it would show the true equipment the player was using.
(it would basically show the real weapons/armor while you were hovering the icon with your mouse).

I have no clues about how hard this would be to implement, but hey, it's an idea! :)
Epic  Post #: 23
11/3/2012 1:27:06   
Metallico

IŽd like to choose from diferent weapon parts with diferent stats and merge them by yourself with gotten by npc materials
Epic  Post #: 24
11/3/2012 5:53:03   
Unknown Menace

@Vypie

Agreed on all limitations. They make sense and of course the idea to avoid confusion can be worked out more.
I can imagine how this will be a challenge to implement, maybe it's not even possible to do so right now. All we can hope for is that there is a possibility some time later, when Titan and Rabble teared down en retooled the battle engine (taking this from old DN posts) I have no problems with it taking a year, 2 years or longer. Better late than never.

Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Equipment Skins
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition