Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Estari Gateway Discussion thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: The Estari Gateway Discussion thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/15/2012 1:42:59   
Legendium

quote:

I believe you wanted to say something here. (his senses?)

I don't think that sentence needs correction. To come to is pretty much a shortening of to come to his senses.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 26
11/15/2012 18:18:49   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Ok, now I need two things involving my writing.

1) I have an idea for a new story, mainly focused around Grimlon, as a Soulweaver, would you like me to start to write that along with the Estari Gateway? Or keep on the Estari Gateway with no interruptions.

2) I am in need of characters! Certain new NPCs came to mind such as the newest M.O.P members...but I thought I should ask for newer ones with brand new backstories. If you would like to suggest a character please PM me with a name, age, race(as in species), class, and brief backstory, and I will decide a minimum of 3 characters to include in The Estari Gateway.

Hope that sounds good to you guys

-Amon

EDIT: And please remember, if your character is in fact included in the story, I will not copy him/her word for word so I do not want any complaints. I will make it so it is YOUR character, but fit it into MY story.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:41:17 >
DF  Post #: 27
11/16/2012 12:12:06   
Legendium

quote:

2) I am in need of characters! Certain new NPCs came to mind such as the newest M.O.P members...but I thought I should ask for newer ones with brand new backstories. If you would like to suggest a character please PM me with a name, age, race(as in species), class, and brief backstory, and I will decide a minimum of 3 characters to include in The Estari Gateway.

Can do.

And I'd suggest concentrating on one story at a time.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
11/18/2012 5:40:57   
Glais

quote:

but not too good tasting to gorge yourself on

Good enough
Also you don't need to do all those asterisks, you can just do
[hr]
and get this as a result

Anyhow caught up. Last chapter felt like a big jump, as well as the ending to the chapter before it. Needed a bridge or...something.
DF MQ  Post #: 29
11/18/2012 11:33:58   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

How do you mean a big jump? As if I was sort of rushing through it? Or there wasn't any connection between the chapters? And which two chapters?

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:41:27 >
DF  Post #: 30
11/18/2012 12:27:06   
Glais

The end of chapter three and four I think (four is the newest one right?). It just sort of felt like something got skipped.
DF MQ  Post #: 31
11/19/2012 14:05:35   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well...I don't know what else I would fill in there...the Oaklore bit is coming to an end...the hero will be introduced in two or three chapters! And I am still looking for new characters people! So far I have only had one character suggested from legendium...I thought you guys would actually like to play a part in my story :'( I'm working on chapter...7(?) And the main subject of the story should be understandable by around chapters 9 or 10.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:41:38 >
DF  Post #: 32
11/23/2012 14:08:10   
deatharrows

Awesome. I still wish I knew how to write dialogue like you do
Also why is this boy basically chuknorris?
DF AQW  Post #: 33
11/23/2012 14:31:31   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

lol, what do you mean he's like Chuck Norris? He isn't Baron Dante or anything...0.0... definitively not... what are you talking about of course he isnt hehe...oh is that the time? Well...er, see you after the next chapter! *runs away*

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:41:50 >
DF  Post #: 34
11/30/2012 18:13:10   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Ok guys, I can't make the next chapter until I have at least two more suggested characters! Oh, and deatharrows, ISeeWhatYouDidThere

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:41:59 >
DF  Post #: 35
12/1/2012 8:33:55   
Glais

quote:

"It has come to my attention that there is a young boy here. By the name of 'Jack Slugwrath' I would like to know where to find him in the keep, and if I could speak with his caretaker or caretakers?"

This time it was Rolith's turn to laugh. "I'm afraid you must be mistaken, there are no children here, there is nobody to take care of any."

Achrion blinked. "If that is so, then who is that behind you?" He said nodding over Rolith's shoulder.

As he turned, Rolith was shocked to see a boy of maybe fourteen, with hair darker than night that went down to the bottom of his neck, with a long nose, and keen eyes of gold gazing up at them.

Wh-what.

Well, seems the plot's picking up at least.
DF MQ  Post #: 36
12/1/2012 10:02:02   
Legendium

quote:

He had no recollection of what had happened the knight he bashed his head.

Night, not knight, unless it was a knight that bashed him on the head.

All in all a nice chapter.
So this is before Slugwrath was king? Or is the boy Drakath?

< Message edited by Legendium -- 12/1/2012 10:05:37 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 37
12/1/2012 14:18:25   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well...I'll just let you know this is before King Slugwrath, no he definitively is NOT Drakath, he is x10000000000000 more awesome, and I STILL NEED MORE CHARACTERS PEOPLE!

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:42:10 >
DF  Post #: 38
12/1/2012 14:22:45   
Legendium

Maybe you could use some of the MOP?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 39
12/1/2012 14:51:28   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Rolith felt pleased to be back in his position stationed outside of the mess hall, in the enter of the keep ready to give orders. He had no recollection of what had happened the knight he bashed his head.

First up, the mess hall is to the right. The building you look at when you enter the keep is the tower ... treetower?

night

quote:

There hasn't been a mage alive besides Warlic in decades!

This story plays in the past? Mages weren't that uncommon back in the days, you know. Xan and Balaur are living examples of that.

quote:

Before Rolith could say anything, the massive Oak doors slowly opened to reveal a tall, old man, wearing a long white robe decorated with golden runes, with a staff in his right hand, about seven feet tall, and just as white as the robes the man bore. His long, white beard tossed slightly in the wind, along with his hair, which was also long, and white.

For a minute I thought Elucidas was described here.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 12/1/2012 14:52:29 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
12/1/2012 14:52:54   
Glais

quote:

Maybe you could use some of the MOP?

Wrong time period though. Plus they'd be a bit too random, as well as before MOP even formed.
DF MQ  Post #: 41
12/1/2012 15:03:49   
Legendium

@Glai

Oh right!
*faceslaps*

@Dwelling

For all we know, maybe that is Elucidas.

@Amon

Well, I guess I could whip out a couple more characters, but I think some other people should get the chance. Or, you could always make a character based on a Forumite's personality.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 42
12/1/2012 20:12:45   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

No it isn't Elucidas, I believe I already said his name in the chapter >.< and maybe I could use the M.O.P, and I believe this is even before Alexander, this is even before king slugwrath, the tyrant. And I don't think it was specified when the M.O.P was started.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:42:28 >
DF  Post #: 43
12/1/2012 21:08:54   
Glais

Pretty sure MOP was started by that original group in first Zardbie war, considering...they were the original and it would make no sense that what started as a group of mercenaries has existed for decades.
DF MQ  Post #: 44
12/2/2012 6:03:06   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

I believe this is even before Alexander, this is even before king slugwrath, the tyrant.

@Chaosweaver: By that notion Warlic isn't even around yet, nor is Rolith or Oaklore Keep for that matter.

You see, Alexander was born prior to Drakath's father and prior to Alexander there was no Warlic on the world of Lore.
spoiler:

He first came to Lore reincarnated as a human baby around the same time Alexander was born.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 45
12/3/2012 9:36:51   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Yes I know how Warlic was created, and now I am at a crossroads, the story HAS to take place in the past, due to my characters storyline which is told through this story, but it will cross in DF events, I like writing this story and don't want to give it up, WHAT AM I GUNNA DOOOOOOOOO?!

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:42:39 >
DF  Post #: 46
12/3/2012 11:24:59   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Should this be your DF character's background story then there's really only one thing you can do and that is looking things over and rewriting certain parts to make them match the canon of DragonFable. It is really the only way to make it work, but if you don't care about it being canon to DF then just say the words and I'll move this to "Other Creative Prose" as it'll no longer be a DF fanfic.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
12/3/2012 11:40:55   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Alright DD, I guess that's the only way, thank you...

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:42:50 >
DF  Post #: 48
12/5/2012 20:57:52   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

New idea! Should I, instead of naming the chapters separately, due to the fact that none of the chapter names really are linked to the chapters. Anyway, should I label the chapters just by the character whose perspective the chapter is from. (Those reading this post who have read the Game of Thrones series know what I mean) Thoughts? Yes? No? I am about to put chapter 9 up, this is where you finally learn the plot of the story. Sorta. You may be able to figure this out, but it will be definite in chapter 10.

EDIT: I am trying the new chapter style, to give you a sample.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 2/25/2013 15:43:00 >
DF  Post #: 49
12/6/2012 5:41:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

There was no way he could sneak by them.

past

quote:

The second thrust it's spear out, and he caught it, wrenched it from it's grasp, then impaled the minion through the head, shattering the skull.

its

quote:

He turned to face the last two, as was greeted my the spear missing his face by inches, slicing the top of his ear open in a savage split.

by

quote:

He dared not scream, so he swung the butt of the spear under it's legs, causing it to crash to the ground, stunning it.

its

DoomKnights are generals of the Shadowscythe, puppets of the Stranger.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: The Estari Gateway Discussion thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition