Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Completely Disable PVP Chat

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Completely Disable PVP Chat
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2012 18:42:58   
RagerzX

Yes there is the option to block pvp chat displayed in the centre, but it still appears as a bubble. Getting a lil sick of players trash talking, sore losing nonsense. Yes there is a report button but thats for serious stuff not annoying players who like to discourage new players from playing the game just because they are weak...
Post #: 1
11/5/2012 18:47:29   
xGreen Warriorx

^ IMO chatting in battle adds to the fun, and if someone "trash talks" me, I usually report them and then just ignore them. They stop talking to me once they realize I'm not going to answer them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/5/2012 18:49:38   
Bunshichi

Then you get the ones who do no stop talking period. Supported.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/6/2012 0:25:33   
.Soul Void.

I don't like this idea at all.... Chatting is the fun of the game, In my opinion there is no point in playing if you can't chat and have fun. Just ignore people!! I don't think this is a bid deal at all.
Trash talkers are annoying granted, but look how many there are!! When You get to lvl 30 all the trash talkers have already quitted. Besides only about 1/20 players is a trash talker. If you do this you'd just be ruining the game.
Epic  Post #: 4
11/6/2012 0:29:22   
Crimson Eagle

@.Soul Void. He doesnt mean disable chat completely just in a PvP match.

But yeah, just report and ignore, no need to disable a good feature. What about in 2vs2? You HAVE to communicate with your partner
to win the match! Imagine not being able to ask for a heal... :O

< Message edited by Mr. Clean XD -- 11/6/2012 0:30:08 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/6/2012 0:42:28   
RagerzX

My apologies for my wording or confusion. Im not asking for chat to be gone but more like an option to turn it off or on (excluding allie chat)
Post #: 6
11/6/2012 11:40:44   
Keanman

/signed even though this isn't a petition lol. It doesn't matter if I win or lose, somebody always manages to throw the noob bomb. The funny thing is most of the people throwing the word around are the ones that don't know the basics of the game. ie how to focus one target or when to heal/not heal.

It's not really cool to just up and report somebody because they said noob. Some people honestly don't know that it's a derogatory term. I always explain to them that they can be reported for calling people names like that. The vast majority will apologize and refrain from saying it again. It's the others that don't listen that I report.
AQW  Post #: 7
11/7/2012 0:28:14   
XapApp

Supported
I actually support it the way Blaze Wing suggested it in his thread, Ignore feature in Game mode. We should be able ignore other users in battle, IMO. Your suggestions says we should be able turn chat on or off causing us not to be able to see anyone's chat messages in battle, from what I understood. Blaze Wing's one would make better sense. So yeah, I support this idea.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/7/2012 3:45:02   
Mysterion.

Supported

As a Click button next to 'chat log' and 'ally chat'.
So you can turn it on and off whenever you like

And the 'talkers' among us can stil blabla whatever they want.

It would be great for jugging, because your opponents always cry about to much juggers.
And healing is a big reason to offend you for them apparently
Epic  Post #: 9
11/7/2012 6:37:44   
Unknown Menace

quote:

He doesnt mean disable chat completely just in a PvP match.

This trash talking does also happen when you are not in battle, so where is this going to end?

I had people address me about others trash talking me behind my back, but when i met these people in a battle they acted totally nice. I just let them be for what they are and that speaks for itself.
These are the real trash talkers, not the people that just call you a noob because they feel like being superior in a match responding with 'die noob' or just feel like they should have won responding with 'you lucky noob'. This is also annoying, but just like any other game it's the amateur that is using this word. Ironic. You know better.

It would be great if you could just could ignore a certain person instead of the entire chat, just like you can block the person on the forums. Because even despite these people you still can have a good laugh with others every once in a while in 2vs2.
Epic  Post #: 10
11/7/2012 23:27:33   
arthropleura

Smile when they insult you. Get better if they beat you.
Not Supported
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/8/2012 0:08:45   
Bunshichi

^ Their is no getting better if a person a designed build to counter yours or when luck is in their favor.

If it was that easy what is the use in the report option
quote:

Offenses that you should use the Ingame Report Feature for:

Mild Language ie "dam","noob" etc.

Spamming/Flooding

Users that try to disconnect you by saying "press f5" or "press alt + f4".

Having this option to ignore chat will solve this.

< Message edited by Bunshichi -- 11/8/2012 0:10:43 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Completely Disable PVP Chat
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition