Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

tac mercs Blood shield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> tac mercs Blood shield
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2012 5:37:53   
gangster a

i see no reason in needing this it sacrifices health and wastes a turn when the person could still kill you with rage the next turn also i think it either needs to be replaced with another form of resistence perhaps plasma armor or put technition back in.

< Message edited by gangster a -- 11/16/2012 3:52:06 >

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/13/2012 5:40:55   
Mysterion.

I have too disagree.

In a jugg battle its the best energy shield of all. If you use it first turn.
ok its 10 health but it holds in total 50 energy dmg, so no dont replace it with energy shield.

In jugg or 2vs2 this can be a total of 100 energy dmg

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 11/13/2012 5:41:31 >
Epic  Post #: 2
11/13/2012 5:46:54   
gangster a

^ i have been through a lot of 2v2 battles and i havent seen a tac merc use it yet in jug you have to conserve energy for 2 people and the enrgy shield would be a waste of a turn but in 1v1 and 2v2 its just again a waste of a turn considering they could rage and crit and you wouldnt be able to heal next turn
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/13/2012 5:58:05   
Mysterion.

Well, you havent battled good juggs then i guess?

Because all TLM juggs with a more then 90% win ratio have blood shield.
I also use it and i love the shield, it lasts for 5 turns, longer then malf.

And if you have health boosters you will be fine as a tank jugg.

and no, im not a bad jugg, i have a 94% win ratio ;).

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 11/13/2012 5:59:18 >
Epic  Post #: 4
11/13/2012 6:58:04   
gangster a

^ im talking mainly for 2v2 and 1v1 just cause its good in one mode doesnt mean its good in the others.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/13/2012 7:15:02   
Mysterion.

In 1vs1, who even uses shields?

The only prob is on 2vs2, i have too agree.
But not all skills fit into all mode's so because it not fits in 2vs2 does not mean you have to replace it
Epic  Post #: 6
11/13/2012 7:49:42   
PivotalDisorder

<3 Blood Shield. TLMs will suck without it. you can put more points into strength and support, knowing you can cover your resistance with
Blood Shield if need be, and that is pretty much the only way you can get a decent offence as a TLM and not be super squishy.
Post #: 7
11/13/2012 7:51:22   
gangster a

^ i would prefer replacing it with one that doesnt take health points away if you mistunderstood me thanks for replying
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/13/2012 8:03:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Energy Shield would overpower them a lot. Blood Shield lasts for 5 turns as well as opposed to 3. If Technician was bad enough, this will be worse. Good to overpower them if you want to abuse items like heck and then people would request lots of nerfs. No. Never.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
11/13/2012 9:23:43   
PivotalDisorder

@gangster a: I don't mind taking 7-10 damage from Blood Shield when I know its gonna pay for itself anyway.
even if it just forces them to use phys attacks, your defence is usually high due to mineral armour and the 43 dex requirement on it.

also in many cases, it's a better counter to malfunction than the assault bot special. If I can see I am gonna be malfed and smoked I
play Blood Shield and then use assault bot special after they have applied both debuffs and just tank it out.
Post #: 10
11/13/2012 10:35:27   
Bunshichi

Anytime in juggs I see that I will get malfed I pretty much throw it up ahead of time +9. Once all their energy skills are gone I go back on offense.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/15/2012 16:41:00   
Warmaker04

Adrenaline is better than Blood shield.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/15/2012 17:39:27   
Luna_moonraider

energy shield hmmm well i would certainly love having es but problem here is support tlms are gonna be uber. y because es improves with support, fc improves with support,zooka and multi also improves with support so many things improving with support thus making support a VERY attractive stat for tlm if bs changes to es.

AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/16/2012 3:51:45   
gangster a

^ i think you mistunderstood the question i was talking about removing blood shield had forgot the name sorry about that i will change it.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/18/2012 1:03:52   
Banir

I really don't like Blood Shield too much. It's useful in the fact that it lasts so long but it doesn't have enough added resistance. With all the cyber hunters and tech mages in 2v2, malfunction comes up a lot. And Blood Shield just isn't powerful enough to cover it even at level 10. I don't see why they don't bring back Technician. The main problem with overpowered TLMs was Smokescreen anyway.
Epic  Post #: 15
11/18/2012 1:07:26   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Banir
Malf also helps weaken their bot, which is usually their main weapon
If you gave them technician, they would never be punished by Malf's, making the annoying tank 5-focus build even stronger
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/18/2012 1:09:00   
RageSoul

Simple : 5 Focus High - TECH Robot + Surgical benefited from it and OFC , better RES + Mineral Armor compliment .

And no , it's not Smoke Screen , it's both Atom Smasher and Technician that's the problem .
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/18/2012 1:15:52   
Banir

^
How is Atom smasher a problem? Most classes have some way of removing energy. Plus it can be blocked.

In any event, all I'm trying to say is that the fact that Blood Shield has such low static stats makes it a bad counter to malfunction. If they gave it more points though, you would die trying to protect yourself. It's a bad system.
Epic  Post #: 18
11/18/2012 1:30:37   
RageSoul

^Atom - Robot - Gun / Aux / Heal - Atom

Rinse and repeat

And please , stating one skill is blockable doesn't sum it all up . It costs at least 6 EP , powered by a stat which 4 of 6 can't reduce , and Reroute gives you back that amount easily . Plus , Block Chance =/= 100% . It can be blocked true , but unfortunately , it's a poor excuse

quote:

In any event, all I'm trying to say is that the fact that Blood Shield has such low static stats makes it a bad counter to malfunction. If they gave it more points though, you would die trying to protect yourself. It's a bad system.

Hello , ever heard of "spending points to HP and TECH" ? Yes , there's a possibility that you can die when you use it , yes it seems weak , but why would they need that ? It already has 2 stat-saving skills already , no need to give them more !

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 11/18/2012 1:35:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/18/2012 1:48:53   
Banir

quote:

^Atom - Robot - Gun / Aux / Heal - Atom

Rinse and repeat

Any hunter can do the same thing with EMP if they wanted to. And it isn't blockable. I don't see the problem here.

quote:

Hello , ever heard of "spending points to HP and TECH" ? Yes , there's a possibility that you can die when you use it , yes it seems weak , but why would they need that ? It already has 2 stat-saving skills already , no need to give them more !

Think about it like this: someone malfunctions and you will have 2 choices for defense. Assault bot or your class's res shield. Assault bot fixes it fixes it fine enough. A technician will make your tech go neutral or even over normal for little energy. Energy shield gives a lot of res for a little as well. But when you use blood shield, you're aiding your opponent by hurting your health to make the shield.
Say the malf attack itself does 15ish damage. My shield does 12 to me. That's 27 damage done to the merc and the hunter/mage has the advantage with another attack. And of course they could always just use physical attacks afterward even if the shield was enough to cover the malf.
Epic  Post #: 20
11/18/2012 2:29:04   
RageSoul

quote:

Any hunter can do the same thing with EMP if they wanted to. And it isn't blockable. I don't see the problem here.

The question is , how many Hunters do you see doing that? I'm not saying it's weak because it's not common , what i'm saying is that chances are you would barely see any of those doing it . And the most common ? CH . But still ....

quote:

Think about it like this: someone malfunctions and you will have 2 choices for defense. Assault bot or your class's res shield. Assault bot fixes it fixes it fine enough. A technician will make your tech go neutral or even over normal for little energy. Energy shield gives a lot of res for a little as well. But when you use blood shield, you're aiding your opponent by hurting your health to make the shield.
Say the malf attack itself does 15ish damage. My shield does 12 to me. That's 27 damage done to the merc and the hunter/mage has the advantage with another attack. And of course they could always just use physical attacks afterward even if the shield was enough to cover the malf.

But if you prefer more defenses and longevity , Blood Shield's better . And that's the point of it : it doesn't cost any EP and costs HP instead for FREE (amount of HP paid) RES for , wait for it .... 5 TURNS?! Plus , not all the times you will get Malfed . You might run into a Caster TM instead .

Technicians buffs up your TECH when Malf expires so you already know what it means ....

AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/18/2012 3:00:24   
Banir

Longevity doesn't matter when you die after using it. Even casters that don't have malfunction will still do a considerable chunk of damage to you if you have a weak shield up. Also, a free shield was fine when it was on Mercenaries, but TLMs don't need it. They have reroute for a reason.
It really annoys me to see myself use blood shield, be hit by a malf-deadly aim and having to heal immediately after. A good part of my health would be saved if I could use technician or energy shield because all the energy used by those skills would be recovered by the time I had to heal. And I would take less damage from the gun because either skill would give me more res as well.
Epic  Post #: 22
11/18/2012 3:06:21   
Mother1

@ banir

Giving technician back to TLM? No this would serve to Overpower those level 5 focus Tanks who use the infernal android. It is bad enough when you have A tank TLM with 40+ resist and you want to give them technician because you don't want to give up health? Also Technician would also serve to power up their surgical strike.

Besides just because you don't like blood shield doesn't mean that they should get rid of it for a skill that will OP TLM like Technician would.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/18/2012 3:08:13 >
Epic  Post #: 23
11/18/2012 3:10:08   
RageSoul

quote:

Longevity doesn't matter when you die after using it. Even casters that don't have malfunction will still do a considerable chunk of damage to you if you have a weak shield up. Also, a free shield was fine when it was on Mercenaries, but TLMs don't need it. They have reroute for a reason.

Er , no , it was practically useless on Mercs simply because them not having BL or other quick HP-regain skill . TLMs have Frenzy , so you can regain some Health back too . And that's the reason why Technician was changed to Blood Shield .

quote:

It really annoys me to see myself use blood shield, be hit by a malf-deadly aim and having to heal immediately after. A good part of my health would be saved if I could use technician or energy shield because all the energy used by those skills would be recovered by the time I had to heal. And I would take less damage from the gun because either skill would give me more res as well

So you would apparently make a even more OPed version of Heal Looping if it was implemented .
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/18/2012 3:49:44   
Banir

@Mother1 I'm not saying that TLMs should have technician. I could care less, but bloodshield as it is is terrible and should either be replaced or be modified to be more useful and less debilitating to yourself.
As for powering up surgical strike, why not? Its not that great of a skill. The best use of it now is an expensive rage steal. Alternatively, some useless builds that use massive amounts of energy to do maybe 50 damage that something like 2 plasma bolts would have a much easier time doing.

@Aegis I thought blood shield was great when I was a Merc. The main point was the flexibility it allowed in builds because it didn't use energy.
As for your other point, there is no heal loop involved. I'm trying to explain the potential for TLMs to have a much better skill when blood shield wastes health. Having skill that drains your health and a skill that adds extra health doesn't mean the two balance each other out. You just get a skill that isn't used (blood shield) and one that is preferable to use. Imagine the devs adding a skill that removes your health to do some damage to your opponent on Bounty Hunters. You wouldn't use that skill because Bloodlust gains your health back, you would ignore it because it is a waste of your health.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> tac mercs Blood shield
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition