Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Colour Custom Gear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Colour Custom Gear
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/26/2012 20:56:04   
UnderSoul

All I ask for is some colour custom gear, preferably credits. It's just so annoying to be trying to have this particular look, but as you require higher level gear, it's destroyed. My idea is a shop of colour custom gear of varying levels. It should have wrist blades, staves, and clubs. Swords would be nice, but not required at all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/26/2012 21:33:38   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i do not support, because when you make something color custom you will need to create many layers for each color. the armor is color custom but it always has the super light greyish shading. if you want weapons to not look cool then you will support, but if you want your weapon or gear to look realistic and awesome as possible then you will not support.

to support my argument, i got a color custom and non color custom gear comparison: clicky

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/26/2012 22:06:29 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/26/2012 22:34:43   
Vypie

I hope that someday, the light/ shading on the color custom armors have different, gradient opacity levels, to make them look cooler. It should increase quality of armours and headstyles a bit.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/26/2012 22:39:03   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@vypie yes that what i would want
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/27/2012 17:21:12   
UnderSoul

Vypie and triz, I realize there would be some issues with quality, but it's not like i'm saying to make every single item colour custom. Just perhaps a few specially made colour custom weapons.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 11/27/2012 17:22:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/27/2012 17:54:47   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you saw my example, and im not going to battle if i am to see people use low quality color customizable gears, it will hurt my high graphical demanding eyes, i like ED to look its best at all times. so not supported
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/27/2012 20:59:00   
UnderSoul

While I respect your taste in quality, I feel you may not be thinking fully. If you truly oppose this idea 100%, then I understand, but if you could think of a way for it not to be such low-quality I would really appreciate that. But either way I must admit you make a point.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 11/27/2012 21:09:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/27/2012 21:09:29   
One Winged Angel1357

Look at Dillbagel's latest weapon it could easily be a color custom type weapon and it would barely affect the over all concept, this is possibly because he made the weapon as such and has many different colored versions on twitter, so having a CC weapon doesn't have to mean low quality it means a simply set up instead of these complex highly detailed works of art.

Simple works too ya know
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/27/2012 21:20:10   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above really? this is epicduel and not AQW, mosty of AQW color custom weapons don't even have animation on them, i have asked nightwraith earlier on twitter and he said that color custom items with animations happening on them doesn't go well together and using gradients on them would just make the game lag, you can have color custom weapons but there will not be any gradients or animations on them. and that would just make battles boring.

quote by nightwraith:
quote:

Unfortunately, color custom items like armor and gradients don't mix. Plus gradients hurt file size and performance (more animation lag)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/27/2012 21:23:59   
One Winged Angel1357

@Trizz that would be the trade off for CC gear then. If you want CC then you don't get any complex gear you just get a simple weapon with no animation.

Sometimes you just have to make the people choose which they want, a piece of art with a set style and animation or a simple CC weapon
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/27/2012 21:26:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above right........then it would make everything boring if i meet one of those people in battle, the gear has to be super simple like a huge butter knife.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/27/2012 21:32:49   
UnderSoul

Look, if people don't want simple art they can buy a non-CC weapon. If they're willing to put up with simplicity they can buy it if they want. I personally am not a fan of super simple gear, but I would take it if it was CC depending on how low the quality is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/27/2012 21:33:20   
One Winged Angel1357

Like I said before when DillBagel made this weapon to him it was CC just to figure out what he liked.
DillBagel's Version
NW's Version

Switch the blade from Red/Blue back to white and this could easily be a CC weapon and before you say anything clearly it was interesting enough for the Dev's to put it in the game
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/27/2012 21:42:08   
UnderSoul

I'm glad someone likes the idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/27/2012 21:53:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@OWA that weapon is simple enough to be CC, but like i said before, i feel that ED should have more detailed and graphical gears, it just doesnt match when simple gears get together with a awesome gear. if that sword was for low level(lvl 20-30) then i would agree, in my logic the higher the level the more detailed it should be.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
11/27/2012 21:57:52   
UnderSoul

I f you want it higher quality AND higher levels, how about for higher levels there are other weapons that are only partly CC. The qualty's integrity remains, but it adds that artistic touch that makes more desired than regular weapons.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/27/2012 22:02:28   
TRizZzCENTRINO

the point is that each weapon have their own color scheme and color combination is that it reflects the theme of the weapon, you wouldn't want to make a a energy weapon have a red glow or make the the weapon look physical, it would just confuse people, and you wouldnt want a winter weapon look like a halloween weapon because you changed its color combination to orange and black.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/27/2012 22:10:29   
UnderSoul

Well the energy weapon problem I don't see as a valid point, energy could have a red glow. As for the winter weapon, they simply shouldn't add seasonal weapons to the CC shop. Again, I'm not saying to make everything CC, just a little shop with CC weapons for each class.

Signature removed. In accordance to the ED Suggestions Forum Rules, the use of signatures is prohibited, as they are considered as clutter when used with suggestions. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 11/27/2012 23:27:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/27/2012 22:12:03   
One Winged Angel1357

With Omega just around the bend weapon level is having less and less of a meaning from the way that weapon scaling system seems to be explained.
I can agree some weapons should follow a color scheme like the holiday weapons but others can be CC because they are simple enough in design for a CC set up to work.

And just being it is CC doesn't mean that the design cannot be detailed it is rather impressive what you can do with a six color limit if you set your mind to it, all it means is no animations, which I tend to avoid on my weapons, and no gradients which can be worked around
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/27/2012 22:15:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above well that sounds boring, we should have a poll ingame. then we will know who will want it ingame
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/27/2012 22:22:24   
Vypie

Actually, I find it fun to try and match the existing colors of the weapons :)

I dont support color custom weapons. We already have the same weapon with different color versions, which with it's own use, energy or physical, etc. Changing their colors would confuse people, like Trizz said.

But Im not totally aganist the idea of some weapons designed with color customization in consideration, which would have to look good and fit any flavour or theme of choice. But in those cases we shouldnt have physical/energy weapons sharing a design.
Epic  Post #: 21
11/27/2012 22:24:22   
DillBagel

quote:

@OWA that weapon is simple enough to be CC, but like i said before, i feel that ED should have more detailed and graphical gears, it just doesnt match when simple gears get together with a awesome gear. if that sword was for low level(lvl 20-30) then i would agree, in my logic the higher the level the more detailed it should be.

I certainly hope you aren't implying millions of items with hilts too large to actually use the weapon. And simplistic sometimes is better, as I said before, weapons that are overly intricate don't work overly well. For an example of powerful weapons being simple, I give you the Rune Cleaver. For a rather large period of time, this was about the most powerful weapon you could have, and it is rather simplistic, albeit actually useful for combat. And all weapons are made from symbols. Animations COULD still work if color changes were applied to a specific color palette at a time (you don't exactly code a weapon without converting to symbols), and Gradients can be worked around with multiple shaded areas of a slightly varying color. In conclusion, color custom weapons could look just like some of the older ED weapons, which in the opinion of a player that played at the time of all these weapons, is just fine by me.

< Message edited by DillBagel -- 11/27/2012 23:23:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
11/27/2012 22:24:34   
UnderSoul

I like the idea of a poll, but I don't know what you were expecting when you say boring. I also prefer no animations for my weapons, though leveling has required me to currently use an animated weapon. It's not like I'm asking that everything have no animations and be low qualtiy gradient free gear. Certainly some people would be willing to make the sacrifice. Also, glad you're with me Dillbagel.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 11/27/2012 22:25:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
11/27/2012 22:31:26   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above as nightwraith stated color customizable weapons with gradients cause lag, and rune cleaver is a energy weapon, it would cause chaos if someone liked red but also likes to use the rune cleaver. color custom items should not be applied with much animation since it can also create lag. so if it were to have a shop with CC gears the only animation that should be on them is alpha and brightness and maybe some minor movements.

i said boring because it would be boring to fight a battle with no animation on the weapon or gradients to make it seem realistic

and dillbagel when i say detailed gear i dont mean it has to be powerful, but as the level get higher the graphics of the gear should also improve and CC gear just doesnt help.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/27/2012 22:36:44 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/27/2012 22:37:26   
UnderSoul

I still don't get why you're so against red energy weapons. It might look a little bit more like a physical weapon, but it wouldn't cause much, if any, chaos.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Colour Custom Gear
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition