Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2012 21:41:37   
Glais

quote:

Drageth's involvement in Luminovia is significant and more will be learned but it is intimately tied to Erebus and he is presently in exile.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear this :v
DF MQ  Post #: 51
12/24/2012 22:48:46   
Shadow

What about the OverSoul and AdventureQuest3D Timelines?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
12/24/2012 23:18:25   
Glais

AQ3D happens on a different Planet. Wouldn't make any sense for Slugwraths to be there.
DF MQ  Post #: 53
12/24/2012 23:51:24   
  Grixus Faldor

And Oversoul operates in the same universe but on an altogether different timeline, it's the darker version of the traditional AE universe, I believe.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
12/25/2012 0:10:42   
Baron Dante

Lu: Wouldn't OverSoul be a separate dimension on the same timeline of AQW though? That's how I understood it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
12/25/2012 1:30:44   
  Grixus Faldor

That's a possibility, but it'd complicate things a lot. I mean, some players find difficulty in grasping the nature of AQW and that whilst it was the result of Galanoth's slaying the Eternal Dragon of Time, the original timelines still exist parallel to AQW.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
12/25/2012 5:58:18   
Vagaran

Pretty sure Oversoul is another dimension on the same timeline as AQW. (Just a little after the Dage vs Nulgath war)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 57
12/25/2012 6:30:42   
  Grixus Faldor

Ah, you're probably right. I wouldn't call it another dimension, then, but rather another planet operating within the same universe and timeline as AQW. It could be another dimension, but from what I can remember of the pre-test design notes, the war carried some weight in establishing the story behind Oversoul.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
12/25/2012 7:53:59   
Baron Dante

James: I went through the Design Notes, and couldn't find anything about this setting there. What I find interesting though is that despite this being something Nulgath didn't expect, there's still plenty of Nulgath's minions here. (At least if Fiends of Suinotlim and whatnot are looked at)

But yes, the War basically existed just to create the setting for the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
12/25/2012 9:56:15   
Vagaran

Baron Dante: Are you talking about in Fiends in Oversoul? Nulgath can make people sign under a contract, and promise them endless power.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 60
12/25/2012 15:53:58   
  Grixus Faldor

@Baron Dante: Ah, interesting. Yes, there are quite a few fiends! :P

If this is set on the same universe as AQW, perhaps we might see Drakath and his kith and kin?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
12/25/2012 16:02:09   
kors

@James Lu: I doubt that the Slugwraths would show up anywhere other than Lore. They are consistently an important force in the politics of Lore, but are rarely talked about in non-Lore settings. If it is a parallel Lore than we just may see another Slugwrath.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
12/25/2012 16:57:31   
Baron Dante

While it would be possible, I doubt it'll be the case. Granted, there is literally no story within OverSoul itself right now, so it's simply too early to think about.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
12/25/2012 17:00:26   
Vagaran

Oversoul is more another world, that is existing alongside the timeline of AQW. (can't tell for sure, but I think so considering Dage locked Nulgath there) so I don't think Slugwrath will make his appearance there.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 64
12/25/2012 21:06:45   
lordkaho
Creative!

I find this thread EXTREMELY relevant to my interests. Now if only we have a proper slugwrath family tree.
DF MQ  Post #: 65
12/26/2012 0:50:18   
  Grixus Faldor

@Vagaran: But isn't Dage a lesser being and Nulgath a greater being? That said, all the background info behind the war precludes me lol.

@lordkaho: Well, we know Dinkelheim is an antecedent to Drakath and his father. anything between, before and after, we are unsure of. So it'd be very hard to draw one up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
12/26/2012 1:13:04   
Baron Dante

@James: From what I recall, Nulgath had access to the Oblivion Gate, and in the end of the war, Dage did SOMETHING to it, and Nulgath basically slipped on a banana peel and fell through it, thus reaching OverSoul. It's implied in time he could return, but he stopped caring about AQW when he saw the OverSoul world.

Don't go quoting me on details, but I think that's how it went.

Why don't I recall this Dinkelheim at all?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
12/26/2012 1:32:27   
  Grixus Faldor

Oh I see. So essentially, Nulgath is taking over the world of Oversoul, hence the "great and powerful evil" the Archangel mentions?

Dinkelheim was the first name of the deposed Kingadent in MechQuest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
12/26/2012 2:10:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

Was drakath's father's name ever mentioned?
DF MQ  Post #: 69
12/26/2012 2:11:40   
  Grixus Faldor

I'm not quite certain, but I think it was.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
12/26/2012 4:59:42   
Vagaran

I'm pretty sure Kingadent Slugwrath is Drakath father....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 71
12/26/2012 5:17:43   
  Grixus Faldor

No, the Kingadent doesn't have any children, plus his head gets sliced off and he becomes a head-in-a-jar. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
12/26/2012 5:25:07   
Vagaran

Well....that's a creepy think btw....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 73
12/26/2012 5:30:11   
  Grixus Faldor

When it is found out that the Kingadent is a Shadowscythe agent, the hero verses his mecha and defeats him. He then ejects and upon learning of his defeat, Lord Valoth has him beheaded and put in a jar, I think Zorbak owns that jar.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
12/26/2012 5:37:44   
Vagaran

I know the part with Kingadent as part of the ShS, but didn't know about the part with his head....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition