Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/26/2012 6:01:07   
  Grixus Faldor

Well, the more you know! :P I think it was a spoof of Futurama, but I'm not sure.

I do, however, wonder if the Slugwraths will feature more in MQ than they have or if it's the end of the line for them...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
12/26/2012 6:09:38   
Vagaran

Well the "Great Reset" is just round' the corner, maybe we will se a little more to Slugwrath there.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 77
12/26/2012 6:48:35   
  Grixus Faldor

Indeed, I haven't played much MechQuest, so it'll be interesting to see what happens!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
12/29/2012 4:13:09   
megakyle777

So, In AQ, after the Frigidare War

spoiler:

Drakath is no longer a dragon, and thanks to The Cold and Divaria, has (presumably) let go of all his hate and bile.

So, what does this mean for AQ? Are we possibly going to see the only good version of Drakath Slugwrath?
DF  Post #: 79
12/29/2012 5:14:32   
  Grixus Faldor

@megakyle777: It is possible that Drakath will become of great assistance to the player in the future, however, he is not the only good version in existence. His analogue in the mirror Battleon in AdventureQuest Worlds is Good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
12/29/2012 20:02:47   
Red Komet

Coul you show me

spoiler:

The Human Drakath of AdventureQuest
Post #: 81
12/29/2012 21:51:12   
  Grixus Faldor

@Red Komet:
spoiler:

You can find him at the start of the Gift Delivery War cutscene, Diviara uses the Cold and undoes the necromancy used on him to revert him to his human-self. That said, he uses the same artwork as his DF version.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
12/30/2012 19:31:15   
Red Komet

spoiler:

They could have given Drakath New Art although This Pretty Much shows players that Drakath The Darkness is Prince Drakath Slugwrath and yeah Drakath is pretty hard as a Dragon
Post #: 83
12/30/2012 20:17:35   
  Grixus Faldor

spoiler:

True, but familiar art does indeed help establish and reinforce the union, as you say.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
1/2/2013 15:25:43   
Darquess

I...cannot answer this question honestly without going into paragraphs.
Basicly, they are this family that are in every AE universe.
They seek power, they get it, they make deals with very powerful forces then are shown as heros to most people.
Dhows is interested in them because he knows they seek what he seeks, on a smaller level. He also enjoys manipulating not only their enemies but the family themselves.
I cannot realy say more without blowing some massive spoilers into the forums...so, basicly the family is icredibly important and is usualy evil behind a good facade.

IN DARKNESS TAKEN
AS I WILL
SO MOTE IT BE!!!
Post #: 85
1/6/2013 15:29:31   
megakyle777

Hey guys, remember when I said that Drakath has let go of his anger and hatred because of The Cold?

spoiler:

Yeah, no. Turns out Erebus of AQ has aided Drakath in faking The Cold!
DF  Post #: 86
1/6/2013 17:35:54   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

spoiler:

Faking susceptibility to the Cold maybe. It is more accurate to say that what Erebus does is show Drakath how the Cold may be resisted. Drakath is very like Myr in a critically important way that makes this possible.
Post #: 87
1/9/2013 9:41:04   
ArchMagus Orodalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erebus

It is after Frostval where you will have yours -- if you can pull off the deception. Only one has done so before.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Myr

“But I NEVER ACCEPTED HIS SERVICE. YOU SOUGHT TO USE ME, TO STEAL ME FROM MY GOD, MY FRIENDS, MY FAMILY!” Myr raged. “There was NOTHING I would not do to resist The’Galin, so when the Traveller came to me and suggested that I pretend that you had succeeded in your original attempt and that it was just slow to take, I agreed. I knew I would have to betray my friends in order to SAVE them… so yes, I watched you kill them; I marched along side you silently. I spoke to your wicked God and nodded as he spoke his lies… and when that creature came into me to transform me and augment me, I was quite unique in the fact that I KNEW it was happening due to the Traveller’s intervention. Yet the creature did not wish to serve your dark lord either, so he HELPED me with my deception. We are one being now and I am honored to be that creature. Both of my RACES will defy you… We will DESTROY you. You will regret ever betraying your original lord. But you, Diviara, I will kill myself for what you have done….. What you did to Jano in K’eld Ner, what you did to Draynor in Stone Deep, and what you have done to countless others.”

Like Myr in a critically important way...? Would that be harboring a symbiote, having an entire being dedicated to contradicting the effects of the Cold, or just because a deity-like being told him he could?

Oh, re-reading what Fal just said, I assume it's a combination of the latter two rather than the first.

< Message edited by ArchMagus Orodalf -- 1/9/2013 9:42:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
1/9/2013 15:16:11   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

Though the second is likely the most important:

quote:

spoiler:

Drakath: Anything to resist. ANYTHING to get vengeance. I invite you....
AQ DF  Post #: 89
1/10/2013 13:28:56   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

As interesting as this thread is (and it's extraordinarily interesting) I see that we haven't even ventured a guess in regard towards what is for me the MOST interesting aspect as presented in this most cryptic comment:

quote:

The Slugwrath name
This is not actually the correct surname... the actual name is never allowed to be spoken. The real name is a secret and merely speaking the word would bring about unended horrors. As a venomous joke, a word that is similar to the actual name, "Slugwrath" is used throughout the games.

What sort of word/name could it possibly be? Does it rhyme with "Slugwrath" or is "Slugwrath" an interpretation of the actual name? For the former, and unsurprising that I would think this, perhaps it's a reference to the work of H.P. Lovecraft. A phonetic homage to his outer monstrosity "Shub Niggurath, The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young". Or perhaps as the latter option may suggest it's a translation of sorts of something like Draconis Vrede(Dragon's Wrath), a possible incantation?

I have no idea as to the truth but I can't wait to find out. I never really cared for the character of Drakath but he seems to be getting far more interesting.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 90
1/12/2013 2:50:10   
BJEBLE

Well, OS just got its first Dungeon, which involves saving a person, perhaps this is kickstarting the storyline, or it's just a dungeon that we're going to have more of.What if Nulgath gets introduced into AQ somehow?
DF  Post #: 91
1/12/2013 8:02:18   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

Wait a second
quote:

The Slugwrath name
This is not actually the correct surname... the actual name is never allowed to be spoken. The real name is a secret and merely speaking the word would bring about unended horrors. As a venomous joke, a word that is similar to the actual name, "Slugwrath" is used throughout the games.
could also have a different explanation . It is said that Slugwrath is not the original surname and he said it is similar so I have come to the conclusion the name is DoomSlug and in MQ too I think he looked like a slug and was called the doom harvester so thats what I think .
Post #: 92
1/14/2013 17:51:16   
shimamura

wow. Drakath's Story by Artix really does give depth to his character.
quote:

Sepulchure used Drakath as a tool to recruit a cast of villains who previously served Drakath's Father (Xan, Sekduat, the Ospray Cove Pirates, etc.)

I do remember Xan serving Slugwrath was implied in DF, but only in a single sentence by Drakath & no further detail beyond that.
But Sekduat & the pirates? That's new info. Which game would that be explored in?

quote:

There is no small irony that if Drakath had followed his heart, and it had lead to marriage... he would have likely ended up as King due to Robina's secret double identity as the Princess Victoria. (I do not think this story has ever been told... if not, I hope it is one day.)

I hope for DF. Its the most relevant =D Also want to see Drakath in DF again.

quote:

The horrifying sequence of events that followed turned Drakath into Dragon of Darkness (which was supposed to line up with his role as the Darkness Dragon in the classic AdventureQuest) Drakath was killed. Well... he should have died. Something else happened. You will not find out exactly what until the end of AQWorld's overarching storyline. But he was "chosen" and became the Champion of Chaos.

I understand the merging of 3 timelines into AQW does not destroy the original 3 timelines. What I'm not so sure about is, outside AQW, does the chronology of DF-AQ storyline also apply to Drakath?

quote:

Off subject, Gravelyn's backstory... as revealed in AQWorld's DoomWood: Part 2 is one of my favorite "gotchas" in all of our games.

I looked up the subject in DF forums & seems like a lot of other DF players are doubting that. Maybe Artix should make an official statement in DF forums.

< Message edited by shimamura -- 1/14/2013 17:53:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 93
1/25/2013 11:30:25   
Livingtime

I absolutely adore the AE games' stories, definitely one of the greatest stories i've ever seen

So, chaos drakath may not even be mentioned in the 2D games. AQW was a merge of them all, suppose the sands were like chemicals having certain effects when combined. That effect is chaos, could we assume AQW was another dimension created from mixing the sands? and of course the AQW storyline takes place during the 2D games when Galanoth slays the dragon, whether that event happened in the 2D games is unknown to me.

Over-complication for the win! xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
4/27/2013 16:17:53   
Black Blooded Angel

i think what happened was drakaths malice combined with the orb created a new element called chaos so that chaos cloud in df shown hovering above drakath was like a seed of chaos and since aqw is mixxed aspects of all the games that that aspect became apart of aqw shown in aqw when drakath as a kid had the chaos seed inplanted in him so i think that the same thing happened to drakath as a kid in aqw as drakath as a teen in DF but since in AQW the realities are mixed that the chaos seed went into drakath sooner in aqw then in DF.aqw drakath getting the chaos seed is just one aspect FROM THE DF REALITY. AT LEAST THATS MY CONCLUSION SORRY FOR ALL THE ERRORS
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
3/19/2016 12:44:03   
Eris Blackwood

This is not canon at all (unless it is), but I've always felt that the mother of monster, an ancestor of Sek-Duat and the original Sepulchure (in aqw zombie it was mentioned that Seppy was an ancient name so...) were the leaders of the original shadowscythe (in df there's an battlefield with remains of shadowscythe that's really old). Wouldn't it be cool if the mother turned to chaos at this time and Sepulchure was the one who put her in the gate (also maybe the champion of light at the time helped him with that)?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: The Slugwrath Bloodline - why is it important? (Spoilers)
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition