Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

World Domination

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> World Domination
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2012 20:31:06   
Stabilis

I have a question for you.

What does World Domination mean to you?

Why do I ask this? I myself am a bit skeptical of how WDs work. The faction with the most influence at the end of the day... that would seem more like a daily powerhouse title than a world domination title. When I think world domination, I think whoever owns the most turf/ who has the most money or power. In EpicDuel this would be whoever has the most flags at the end of the day. Or flag positions anyways. For example 1st place at a flag is 3 points, 2nd place is 2 points, 3rd place is 1 point, whoever has the most flag points is the faction who actually dominates the world. The current WD outlines who was the most active, not necessarily the most powerful.

That is how I think of WDs anyways. How about yourself?
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
11/27/2012 20:40:13   
LatinLover/Martini

I think that 80% Of the epicduel-ians of the internet dont even know how you win World Domination since its not clearly stated. I didnt learn how to win it till last week xD And Im an old old player
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/27/2012 21:02:50   
f4tal1tY

@Martini Hey! IMO How to win world dominations ARE clearly stated, as it says 'The number of days where this faction was the most influential in the war.' Most influential kinda tells people that you have to be the most influential faction!?!?! Thats just my opinion, i think it is clearly stated :/

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 3
11/27/2012 21:05:17   
LatinLover/Martini

well some people get confused because some people believe they have to also win on their alignment side by exile beating legion or legion betaing exile ON TOP OF the fact that they have the most influence. I think WD should just be a list of the factions from 1st to 10th no matter what alignment cause its alot easier for other players to tell what it is.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/27/2012 21:26:27   
f4tal1tY

Yeah they should make a new leaderboard known as: 'Today - Most Influential Factions'
And at the bottom it has that little description: 'This board displays the Top 15 factions with the most influence for today. The top faction at the conclusion of the day will receive a World Domination Point.'

Wouldn't that make life much easier for people :)

Please use your signature a maximum of once per page only. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 11/27/2012 21:37:41 >
Epic  Post #: 5
11/29/2012 5:40:27   
no me.. no party

ya... but... this way players will stop playing so much if they see a big faction in the top.

Edit : u get WD achiev in a faction.the faction ho gets more flag at the end of the day as well as influence get's the achiev.easy.but if u wanna see on LB the most 15 greatest influence faction's on daily tht wont help us.what good can do?

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the edit button to add in any additional information to your post.
For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/29/2012 9:40:22 >
Post #: 6
11/29/2012 6:56:49   
f4tal1tY

So you know how much influence you have left till you overtake the 1st? Same as other leaderboards, why do we need those? To check how much is needed to overtake.

-F4tal1tY
Epic  Post #: 7
11/29/2012 13:28:38   
Eventus

I noticed that there have been a few comments mentioning that the Daily Most Influential Factions aren't mentioned and/or that how to obtain the World Domination achievement isn't explicitly explained. On the contrary, I would like to note that both are, in fact, actually already in the game and are very much easy to access by following three very simple steps (annotated screenshots provided):

1. Open your Faction page.
2. Click the icon in the blue six-pointed star. Click here for an image.

The view it brings you to will have three "pie charts." Hovering your mouse cursor over any individual entity in the pie chart will display how much Influence that entity has.
3. For further information about Factions (and about the World Domination cheevo), click the icon in the blue rectangle. Click here for an image.

You will see this image, which clearly describes how one can earn the World Domination achievement:
Click here for an image.

Regarding the thread topic --

"Domination" is roughly defined as having more control and/or power over other entities. Being the most influential entity, even if just for the day, is supposed to give the said entity more control and/or power over others, since to have influence is to have the power to ultimately affect how people or events turn out. In this case, the event or people affected by a most influential faction would be the impact made on the overall alignment influence; for instance, if an Exile faction is more influential for the day, then the Exile alignment will have an increase in their overall Faction influence, which reflects the alignment that is more in control over (a.k.a. "dominates") Delta V. Thus, this probably meets up to the standard of "World Domination," considering how being the most influential entity is essentially, to dominate, and the two alignments are basically Delta V's world population.

In short, being the most powerful in terms of manpower/armaments and being the most powerful in terms of influence do not necessarily have to describe the same entity. A faction that is super-powerful because all its members have reached the level cap with terrific win ratios isn't necessarily the most influential if they are dormant or apathetic, ergo they do not necessarily dominate anything at all.

quote:

The current WD outlines who was the most active, not necessarily the most powerful

Imagine there are two lions. One lion is more powerful than the other, but he's a vegetarian (i.e. he doesn't hunt living creatures). The other weaker lion is a carnivore and likes to frequently hunt stuff. Who would you say has the most influence—dominates—the territory? The powerful lion that does nothing, or the weaker lion that goes around evoking fear in all the wabbits that lay eyes upon him? :p

Editor's note: I'm aware of the fact that lions can't actually digest vegetables on account of being naturally carnivorous mammals, but that's beside the point, heh.

< Message edited by Eventus -- 11/29/2012 13:39:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/29/2012 15:04:41   
Stabilis

Thanks for that detailed response Eventus, time is certainly present there.

quote:

Being the most influential entity, even if just for the day, is supposed to give the said entity more control and/or power over others, since to have influence is to have the power to ultimately affect how people or events turn out.

This is my issue with World Dominations. The progress from any day is not cumulative into the next day save the flags, and that being IF the most influential faction of the day attempted flags at all.

Upon the 24h cycle a full reset sends all "domination" progress to 0 due to some... time singularity I would suppose. The dimensions of time practically fold over as if nothing happened
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
11/29/2012 15:52:09   
Eventus

If you read the very next statement following the part you quoted, you'll find that I noted exactly what the Daily Most Influential Faction receives : an "impact made on the overall alignment influence." In other words, it is in a way, cumulative—just not in the daily sense, but rather the long-term sense. Recall that all factions are supposed to serve a greater purpose: the purpose of the respective alignment in which they are aligned to. By contributing additional Influence from their hard work, they're helping their alignment's cause by increasing their alignment's overall Influence, which in turn "reflects the alignment that is more in control over (a.k.a. "dominates") Delta V."

My main point here is that a faction's hard work isn't made in vain; all records of their work aren't simply erased the very next day. The faction will retain that in their overall independent faction's Influence (which contributes to leveling their own Faction) while adding that same amount of Influence to their overall alignment's Influence to increase their alignment's "domination" potential power. :p

< Message edited by Eventus -- 11/29/2012 15:53:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> World Domination
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition