Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balancing out First turns.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Balancing out First turns.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2012 21:11:53   
Yo son

I been reading the forums, and I saw what some players were saying about first turns, deflection rate etc; so I came up with this idea.
What if things like the deflection rate and block rate is affected by first and second turn. Bear with me here, for example a certain percentage of the block rat and deflection rate is based if a person goes first or second.

So about 70 percent of the deflection rate is determined by the designated stats (which at this moment is tech), this is the maximum deflection rate a player can achieve by investing in technology, the other 30 percent is determined by if the players goes first or second.

For Block rate, 90 or 95 percent of the block rate is determined by the designated stats (dexterity), this is the maximum block rate a player can achieve by investing skill points in dexterity, the other 5-10 percent is determined by if a player goes first or second.

Why did I make the maximum block rate a player can achieve 20 percent higher than the maximum deflection rate a player can achieve by investing there skill points towards dex or tech? is because the block rate is much lower than the deflection rate, and deflection shouldn’t be a thing that determines a winner in a match.

Of course this is just an idea; the numbers are not set in the stones, am more interested in what you guys think about the idea more than the numbers.
I think this is something that will benefit all the classes and is not class based or build based. It might also truly level out the advantage of going first vs second.

< Message edited by Yo son -- 11/28/2012 23:43:05 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Balancing out First turns.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition