Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2012 17:26:13   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

November 29, 2012
Top-Secret Details Revealed!

Some of you may have seen on Twitter that BIG changes are coming to items. We wanted to take the time to explain some of these changes as we get ready for Omega. Today, we'll be talking about gear requirements and stats.

SO LONG, DELTA!

Before we dig into the meat of this post, I will tell you that as soon as Omega launches, the Delta Knight armor, Platinum's Pride armor, the Dragonoid Saga gear, and all the Harvest gear will be leaving the in-game shops and Varium store. Delta Knight we go ultra rare, never to return again, while the Dragon Buster II and Platinum's Pride will be going perma-rare. We're not yet comfortable posting an official date, but it WILL happen sometime in December before Christmas. If you've been holding off on picking up any of this superb gear, what are you waiting for? Grab it before it's GONE!

REQUIREMENTS

One major change we want to bring to the game is greater freedom of choice in gear. Currently your choices are severely limited by the level and stat requirements on gear. If your level is too low, you simply can't equip the item. If your level is too high, the item isn't useful enough. If the item has odd stat requirements, you either can't use it or you have to alter your build to equip it.

In Omega, these requirements are going away entirely. You can buy and equip any item at any level, and there will be no stat requirements to prevent you from equipping anything. The only requirements that will remain are gender and class for class-specific items.

STAT FREEDOM

One other limitation to picking your gear is the built-in nature of stats on your items. If you like a staff or gun, but the stats are bad for your build, then that weapon is no good to you. In Omega, you may now arrange your stats how YOU want on all of your items.

To maintain balance, you will not be able to put all of the item's points into one stat, but otherwise you can customize it as you wish. Similarly, you will be able to choose the allocation of Defense and Resistance on any armor.

UPGRADING ITEMS

(Please note that the above graphic is still in the testing phase and not finalized. It's simply meant to illustrate this exciting new upgrade feature!)

Another major change coming to items in Omega is the ability to upgrade any item. As you level up, you will gain the ability to put more stats, damage, and defense/resistance onto your items, up to their maximum potential for your level. This effectively means that any item can be used at any level and will not be stronger or weaker than any other item at that level.

Let me repeat that. You'll be able to upgrade any item to your current level and it will be useful in battle. Founder Armor, Beta Gear, last year's Autumn items, that weapon you loved using at level 6 -- all of these will be viable at your level.

And just to be perfectly clear, these features will be available with or without Varium. Upgrading your gear and rearranging your gear's stats will have both Credit and Varium options available.

ENHANCEMENTS

That covers everything we want to share today, but we have more still to talk about in the coming weeks before Omega's launch. Maybe next time we'll discuss our plans for enhancements.....Stay tuned! Feel free to discuss everything in the forums.

Other Progress

Here's a quick look at some of the projects the art team is working on for the Omega release!

Stay tuned for further updates as development on Omega progresses!

Tags: Titan Omega Update Weapons Armors RabbleFroth Forum Yeti Delta Rares

Tagged, no tag-backs! ~Lectrix

< Message edited by SMGS -- 11/30/2012 21:27:06 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/29/2012 17:28:38   
Wraith

Can't wait for Omega...yay...

But is there anything except business strategy? And will there be a single-player storyline expansion?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/29/2012 17:39:13   
Lord Machaar

UPGRADING ITEMS = ENHANCEMENTS

You lost me there Titan.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
11/29/2012 17:39:51   
Bunshichi

that merc looks kewl

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/29/2012 17:42:50   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

You lost me there Titan.

No. You upgrade items as you level up using either Credits or Varium. Enhancements are changing too and will be added to DNs in due time so the way in which they work is also changing. Upgrading items =/= enhancements. Completely two different things.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
11/29/2012 17:45:30   
Crimson Eagle

Typo :P
quote:

Delta Knight we go ultra rare

Overall, this looks mad! Excited about Frysteland returning! That Yeti looks Boss :P
Mercs look like full on tanks, Mages look tech-ed up to the max! Can't wait to see what Bounties look like... Save the best for last eh..? xD
That new stat system will make this gameplay awesome! Us non vars will actually stand a chance! =D
Though... I think those Beta weapons will be back in fashion, most older players will be going back to old school! xD
~Cleany

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/29/2012 18:08:26   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Enhancements were a system to add stats ON TOP of what the item already gave you.

In the new system, the stats an item has are dependent on your level, and you can distribute them as you want.
Then as you level, the number of stats your gear can have increases, so you can upgrade them instead of having to throw them away and buy new gear.

Example with made up numbers:
* At level 10 I might be allowed to put 10 stats on a new gun I buy. I put 4 in Strength, 4 in Dex, 2 in Support.
* I keep fighting and end up at level 13. I now am allowed to put 12 stats on my gun.
* I can either buy a new gun and put 12 stats on it, or I can upgrade my old gun and put the extra 2 stats wherever I want.
* I can also redistribute the stats on my gun at any time, just like when I retrain my character's stats.

Sidenote: I'll try to answer questions about this system, so feel free to post any here and I'll get to them as I have time. Excited to start talking about this with everyone!
Post #: 7
11/29/2012 18:12:15   
One Winged Angel1357

It says we cannot put all of our modifiers into one stat but what if you are using a weapon, such as Caden's Wraith, that only give one stat modifiers?
Will we have to put stats into Dex/Suport/STR before we can add more tech?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/29/2012 18:13:12   
rej

Ruh roh, looks like someone is getting a little too crazy with the idea of customization. We wouldn't want this to turn into AQW now, would we?

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/29/2012 18:13:39   
DanniiBoiixD

Question for Rabble:
So what would make us want to buy a new weapon?
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/29/2012 18:13:48   
Waxor9001

Omega phase looks so epic, I can't wait.
Epic  Post #: 11
11/29/2012 18:15:24   
Rayman
Banned

Clean:
quote:

Can't wait to see what Bounties look like... Save the best for last eh..? xD

They finished the BH First, I think they just forgot to add it on the DN's.
Here it is: ClickToSeeIt
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/29/2012 18:17:01   
One Winged Angel1357

@DanniiBoiixD I think I can answer that one. Increased number of state modifiers, different look, different special, different damage type, or different kind of weapon. But if the Dev's have a completely different plan to have people buy new weapons I kinda want to hear it as well
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/29/2012 18:28:17   
Ranloth
Banned

To keep weapons diverse and put incentive on getting them, will they have stat models so you cannot fall below certain amount of stats or go above? I'll use an example:
Lvl 34 weapon has +10 Tech, +8 Dex and +6 Support. I want to re-arrange it for my Strength/Dex build so will I be able to ditch all Support and Tech and put into Str and Dex OR will there be minimum which must always be met, so with this example minimum could be +5 Tech, +3 Dex and +2 Support <- these will always be on the weapon & the deducted stats can be put elsewhere (your choice).
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
11/29/2012 18:29:38   
zion

First of all, what is the difference to AE if people need to "buy new weapons" or not? Presumably, it will cost the same amount of credits/varium to upgrade as selling and buying the new level cap gear.

@ Rabble: What happens to the enhancements that are already applied to weapons? Will it be customized stats + enhancements?

--Noiz

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
11/29/2012 18:32:27   
robo90925

Stat freedom is the best!!!! So much new builds possible!!! I can't wait!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/29/2012 18:38:32   
Betabot.

Two points.
1. Merc looks just as awesome like the other two classes.

2. Quote from Rabble:

* I can also redistribute the stats on my gun at any time, just like when I retrain my character's stats.

So I'm guessing it will cost money to retrain (sounds funny) your equipment. Has a certain price been made for all levels or does it depend on your level? Also would it cost as much as a retrain? Because rearranging enchancents doesn't cost anything at the moment.
Epic  Post #: 17
11/29/2012 19:03:16   
D.v.D.

The first black person ever!

quote:

Delta Knight we go ultra rare

and a little typo
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
11/29/2012 19:09:40   
Rayman
Banned

^
Or it means that delta knight and titan are going ultra rare. (Is a typo and it dont need to get fixed cuz i think everyone knows what should it say)

I want to see now what are the devs doing to enhancements x_x (Hope it's something Good)
And that's a nice change on the weps description, The dex,Tech and the others stats have a nice looking Colorfull Box and the specials of weps are displayed with a Nice Little Picture.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/29/2012 19:18:18   
superbat67

cool release
Post #: 20
11/29/2012 19:45:37   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Omega looks great, I love the previews of what's coming and I can't wait for everything that's planned. With that said, all I can think of right now is the thousand or so pages on the wiki that'll need a complete overhaul once Omega's live xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/29/2012 19:54:20   
  Exploding Penguin

Omega looks pretty neat so far, but I'm a bit worried on the new weapon upgrading system. While it's really neat and could help create more build types and promote creativity, I feel that promos, seasonal rares, and etc... would lose all of their extra power like stronger stat points and damage, and the only benefit of seasonals would be their look/special extra abilities like massive strike. I'm really worried Omega promos will just be like any other level 35/36 weapon other than their special skill, and that would stink. Also, all armors will for the most part be exactly the same with the same amount of stat points and the ability to allocate def/resistance around.
Epic  Post #: 22
11/29/2012 20:08:39   
Teufel Hunden

It looks amazing. but any weapons for any level? wudnt that make jugg nearly impossible and if ur low level wudnt that make u unstoppable in 2v2 and 1v1 verse non vars?
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
11/29/2012 20:26:41   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@all above: for those people that think with this new system no one will but promos anymore, the promo items have more stat modifiers and enhancement slots than the current weapons, so people will still buy them, and i believe the omega promo will have more stats than the current promo so people will get them, and a more unique/fun but not op skill.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/29/2012 20:29:16   
T.600

Do we have to purchase the stats we already have on weapons again?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition