Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2012 2:09:09   
Shift3r

quote:

There will be other ways to customize your gear aside from just stats. :)

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1921/weaponeditingmockupdns.jpg

@Red rectangle
Anybody is thinking what I'm thinking?

< Message edited by Shift3r -- 12/3/2012 2:16:57 >
Epic  Post #: 226
12/3/2012 2:37:44   
goldslayer1

@shifter
from the picture, it seems like u can upgrade damage, stats, and the ability of the weapon.
the only thing that doesn't seem change-able is the damage type (physical/energy)
AQW Epic  Post #: 227
12/3/2012 3:26:26   
zion

Well... until now, maybe a few percent of the ED population had full enhance on all their items, and it was something that was a source of constant complaints... so the Devs are getting rid of a stop-gap system and moving on to a new system. Makes sense, and people already benefited in the prior system. Maybe a free upgrade for every 5-10 enhancements would be fair.
I would like the new system to give fewer maximum stats so we can phase out agility, diminishing returns etc.
--Noiz

< Message edited by zion -- 12/3/2012 4:54:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
12/3/2012 4:34:33   
ninja.fighter

well if it was only 1% then i wouldn't have been alot of problem but now every player that gets varium does full enhacement which is making then Op from non var players
atleast that's what i think
so i am happy for the new stats system
Epic  Post #: 229
12/3/2012 4:36:02   
gangster a

the problem with this is i think people would just use strengh builds or dex and tech builds all the time no real strategy whatsoever

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
12/3/2012 4:48:54   
Vegafire

@Above You obviosly havnt Faced me :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 231
12/3/2012 5:29:01   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Hopefully there'll be more support orientated builds, because support is super fun! and with Omega, it's going to make it that little bit more awesome in terms of customization for weapons etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 232
12/3/2012 7:50:29   
MrBones

TO RABBLEFROTH:

My main concern about enhancements is that I cannot understand how you will defferenciate a player that have bought only 1 enhance with varium from a player (like me) who have bough about 400$ worth of it. How will you be able to know how many enhances I have ? How will you know which weapon/gear have been fully enhance WITH varium ?

I can't grasp how you will be able to figure that one out, thus making me very very nervous.

Let's not forget many F2P players bought some enhances with credit. How can you tell a varium enhance from a credit one once it's purchased ?

My fear is that you will compensate everybody who have at least 1 enhance the same. This will leads to major injustice.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for moving to the next phase but I want to make sure that every penny I have invested in this game stays revelant.

Epic  Post #: 233
12/3/2012 8:17:37   
Vegafire

@Above well the current system can tell when and how many enhancements you have right? maybe that system can determine how much a player needs compensated for :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 234
12/3/2012 8:25:16   
RageSoul

Hey Rabble , i have 2 questions . If we can just buy ANY gear minus the battle-related requirements , what about the prices of the weapons themselves ? And what about the players who bought gear like Dragonoid Saga gear who use them below the max level requirement?

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 12/3/2012 8:33:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 235
12/3/2012 10:43:41   
zion

@ L Aegis Rabble mentioned that items may be cheap to purchase without any level (or usability) and can be upgraded to your level (and usable) at a later time. Probably, items with more power will cost more, but leveling should be the same regardless.
Since I am all for removing encumbrance, the items should be defaulted at your current level or the current listed level, whichever is lower (maybe with current or balanced stats as a staring point? Or one free stat allotment?).
Hope I added something there.
--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
12/3/2012 11:16:19   
Stabilis

quote:

from the picture, it seems like u can upgrade damage, stats, and the ability of the weapon.

Not that I doubt it, but I would say that the special ability is still unique to the weapon. I wonder what else we can do to differentiate items though. Maybe allow each item to have a unique (or not) skill to use in battle that would be weak?
AQ Epic  Post #: 237
12/3/2012 13:24:35   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

My main concern about enhancements is that I cannot understand how you will defferenciate a player that have bought only 1 enhance with varium from a player (like me) who have bough about 400$ worth of it. How will you be able to know how many enhances I have ? How will you know which weapon/gear have been fully enhance WITH varium ?

We have full knowledge of how many enhancements you have on your weapons, and how you acquired them.

Not because we store it anywhere, but because WE'RE ACTUALLY WATCHING YOU. YES YOU. RIGHT NOW.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 12/3/2012 13:26:07 >
Post #: 238
12/3/2012 14:19:21   
Vegafire

@Above well ill watch you more often >.< RabbleFroth, Guess ill just go smash up your NPC some more :D

< Message edited by Vegafire -- 12/3/2012 14:20:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 239
12/3/2012 15:51:56   
The Astral Fury

Questions:
1. Are enchaments being removed from the game?

2. If they are will we be refunded all of the varuim and credits we spent on enchaning them, and what about the ones we've enchanced, but sold we we get a refund for those enchanced weaponds too?

3. So what's the max, item bonus you can put on a weapond when improving it, 4? For example when improving can I only put a bonus of 4 into STR.

4. Are item stat bonuses being removed also? Like Cadens Wheel, it gives + 10 to Tech, will that kind of bonus be removed too?

I may post more questions if need be?
DF AQW  Post #: 240
12/3/2012 17:28:47   
Lord Noonien Soong

cantz wait
-Dollar
DF  Post #: 241
12/3/2012 18:06:07   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

4. Are item stat bonuses being removed also? Like Cadens Wheel, it gives + 10 to Tech, will that kind of bonus be removed too?

I think you are really mixed up with all your terms. Caden's Wheel is an achievement you can buy for 750 tokens and it gives no bonus. Caden's Curse is a lv 25 staff that give +15 tech and Caden's Wrath is a lv 28 staff that gives +24 tech. which one are you referring to?

And to answer your question here is a quote from page five from RabbleFroth addressing Caden's Wrath.

quote:

quote:

It says we cannot put all of our modifiers into one stat but what if you are using a weapon, such as Caden's Wraith, that only give one stat modifiers?
Will we have to put stats into Dex/Suport/STR before we can add more tech?

Weapons will not come preset with stats any more, so the stats on Caden's Wrath can be set up however you'd like.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 242
12/3/2012 18:15:36   
Vegafire

@Above and for anyone who is concerened after re reading goldslayers suggestion which this new enhancement system is bassed on all weapons once 35 will have 35 enhancement slots available, 37 for swords these can be set however the player likes to an extent, not sure if this is how they are running it they may have differented it from the original suggestion but seems fair to me? you may still be able to get the +15 or +24 tech on the weapons once they are level 35 aswell as higher damage and more points to allocate.

I think the point allication on primaries will be unuiqe for each type, meaning clubs are suited more for support, str and tech
Staffs for supporty tech and str (more suited)
claws str, dex, tech, support (balanced)
Sword str, support

although this is only the general idea i have in my head, making each classes item more suitable for them with their skill trees
AQW Epic  Post #: 243
12/3/2012 22:50:58   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Thanks for keeping an eye on me rabble. ;D
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 244
12/4/2012 0:50:43   
Shift3r

quote:

Exactly,if we can add special abilities to items (which is extremely amazing,since I missed alot of them when I wasn't playing)..What would make players buy 10k Varium packages anymore?In a matter of fact,why would they purchase Variums at the first place?
Epic  Post #: 245
12/4/2012 2:05:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yay massive strike on infernal slayer, and stun shot on my infernal cannon. no one will buy promo weapons then.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
12/4/2012 2:16:36   
Nexus...

quote:

Exactly,if we can add special abilities to items (which is extremely amazing,since I missed alot of them when I wasn't playing)..What would make players buy 10k Varium packages anymore?In a matter of fact,why would they purchase Variums at the first place?

Imagine if...you...could...ONLY
APPLY
THE ABILITY to
YOUr GEaaaarr
IF
YOU .................
OWNED a primary............or armor.......or sidearm.....or auxiliary
WITH that.....ABILITY :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/facedesk x10000000

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/4/2012 2:47:07 >
Epic  Post #: 247
12/4/2012 3:59:16   
ashtonsdad

Good Luck to E.D. in Omega, I hope for the best; I just don't thin this is going to be the "game changer" everyone else seems to think it is. I mean it will for a while, but like always, when new winning builds are found, they will be copied and spammed. I am looking forward to the changes, I just am a bit skeptical I guess you could say. Everyone seems excited though so I do hope it delivers, or I think there could be a mass exodus in E.D. and I don't want to see that.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 248
12/4/2012 4:10:36   
ninja.fighter

i think they will not allow all abilities to be used but a few of them.If they allow all skills then skills like the chairman's fury would be misused a lot cuz it can't be blocked XD and many other skills too
Epic  Post #: 249
12/4/2012 8:26:36   
RageSoul

@noiz
Ah , gee thanks !

*goes back and sleeps safe and sound*
AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition