Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2012 14:21:58   
Dreiko Shadrack

I for one am highly excited about the omega phase changes revealed so far and can't wait for their implementation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 251
12/4/2012 16:10:31   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Another major change coming to items in Omega is the ability to upgrade any item. As you level up, you will gain the ability to put more stats, damage, and defense/resistance onto your items, up to their maximum potential for your level. This effectively means that any item can be used at any level and will not be stronger or weaker than any other item at that level.

I think this means that when you add damage it simply means that:

-The highest damge is 35 or 36 (Infernal slayer)

- If your a level 24, I think the damage will drop down to a damage to your level which could be 24+ dmg and as you level up gradually, the damage increases for that weapon (Lets say Infernal slayer)

Strength +6
Dexterity: +9
Technology:+9
Support: +6

For a level 24 the stats might be something like:

Strength +2
Dexterity: +3
Technology:+3
Support: +2
(just as a guess)

-And as you level up, I think in my opinion the stats will get higher and higher till it reaches its max level (which is level 35), and it will stop from then
because the damage can't increase till 35/36.

-One of you in the forums said that one of the guns can be 42+ damage, I dont think so because
''it will not be stronger or weaker than any other item at that level''. If a gun is 42 damage then it wil be a stronger item at a level 35. That will be insane if that happened!!!!!!!.

I just think this is my opinion on what will happen about Upgrading an item. Lets see what happens because....

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic  Post #: 252
12/4/2012 17:21:56   
Bash XIII

Rabble

Let me get this straight.

i understand everything else about the stat mods and wep damage upgrade for any wep and maybe armour upgrades.

BUUUUUUUT...i wana know something about further stat mods that can be applied to certain other equippables.

Like BOT for example. you should make bots now carry stat mods for your character if equipped. but not alot and maybe bike too when equipped. maybe add another equippable slot to the new characters like....a new.....armour jewel that can be equipped onto armor and the jewel can be unequipped or re-equipped as you please and it adds either an effect to the armour or more stat mods. but the jewel will cost varium only cause its a varium jewel.

is it possible to IDK...upgrade effect % or damage done. like i have those frost claws that deal frost that damages 5 energy for 3 turns. is it possible in omega to increase the % chance? damge over time? turns it stays on enemy frosted? cause i believe its quite little and some would add more stun % on stun gun chance. if it is possible to up effects. it should cost only Varium. effects like bonus crit damage should not be opd cause it doesnt have a % chance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 253
12/4/2012 18:38:16   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Like BOT for example. you should make bots now carry stat mods for your character if equipped. but not alot and maybe bike too when equipped

There are already borderline too many stats flying around on items as it is.

Also:
Bots serve to give you a more tactical choice in what you bring to battle with their special ability.
Bikes deliberately don't do anything for you in battle.

We don't really want to push either of these into giving you more power than someone without them. :)
Post #: 254
12/4/2012 22:30:54   
Hun Kingq

Will there be restocks before Omega launch?
Epic  Post #: 255
12/5/2012 2:40:15   
ninja.fighter

@above well that is not gonna happen :P
Epic  Post #: 256
12/5/2012 3:20:31   
Metallico

Will you give us back the money we spent on enhancements if the enhancement system is removed?
Epic  Post #: 257
12/5/2012 3:23:07   
Ranloth
Banned

It's NOT being removed but changed. Titan tweeted ages ago, many people quoted it - I believe it's on page #5 - that there will be something for those who enhanced before the change as a 'compensation'.
AQ Epic  Post #: 258
12/5/2012 3:40:44   
T.600

quote:

I doubt this will turn ED into AQW as our stats make a huge difference and our class systems are way different. And as I recall, players hated when weapons got released that outdated their old gear. Now we don't have to worry about that anymore

@ND: Exactly. I hated that, and I completely agree with you (for once), that this is a step forward. I don't see how the people complaining actually enjoy being obliged to constantly upgrade weapons? I really hope that I get nice compensation though for enhancements, because I have spent A LOT on them. A bit of varium will be ideal, but we'll see, because that may cause some inflation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 259
12/5/2012 3:48:13   
Drianx

@Rabblefroth

Two questions

1. Right now a hardcore varium player immediately applies full enhancements to any weapon or armor he buys.

In Omega will we need to upgrade, update, improve (you name it, just not 'enhance') a weapon after purchasing it, or we will be able to use it as it was bought? For instance, I am asking about weapons that are my level.

2. Right now for a lv35 top varium item a lv35 varium player would spend about 2700 varium (4000+ Artix points), for its purchase and its full enhancement.

In Omega, how much (in Artix points) will a lv35 varium weapon cost for a lv35 varium player, in order for him to unlock its full potential?
AQW Epic  Post #: 260
12/5/2012 9:34:42   
Darius

This update=WIN! Finally I can use my founder and beta items stuck at Lv.21-25 while I'm stuck at Lv.18. I suppose that's what I get for selling the Lv.11-15 variants like a noob, but now my patience (and complete lack of playing) will be (unfairly to others yet awesomely to me) rewarded! Now I just need an offensive TLM build, and maybe I can finally get back into ED after all these years!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
12/5/2012 11:56:33   
JariTheMighty

Hmm.. If all weapons are going to be at the same power level, swords would be at a disadvantage.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 262
12/5/2012 12:00:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@jari I'm pretty sure Rabble is well aware of swords already and is planning on keeping them with above average stats still.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
12/5/2012 12:07:30   
Renzan

I still don't like this new system. As many other people have said, weapons will begin to lose their uniqueness and the only difference between them will be the art and maybe specials.
Epic  Post #: 264
12/5/2012 12:43:21   
Vegafire

@Above, exactly people are always complaining about Overpowerness and stuff well now that thats being completely diminished you's wish to complain some more? make your mind up.... the game will be one of tactics and not how much you can spend, it will require thought truly making EPICDUEL's and not just a few varium purchases....

< Message edited by Vegafire -- 12/5/2012 12:44:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 265
12/5/2012 12:49:36   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

I still don't like this new system. As many other people have said, weapons will begin to lose their uniqueness and the only difference between them will be the art and maybe specials.

And stats.. You won't be able to abuse one and there will probably be some sort of limit so they may slightly differ. Enhancements also matter - amount of slots - as well as upgrades, or to be specific, where you put them. Of course it'll be same art but some weapons will get bonuses for rarity and such, much more abilities, etc.
In AQ, since it has best balance in all AE games, same level item has the same stats as any other item of the same level. Why do people buy different ones anyway? Rate for special, leans, etc. There will be mix n' match here so we can do variety, go for leans (damage or stat lean), or ability. Now you don't have to spend Varium to get next top weapon because your current one is outdated, now you keep your old ones and don't have to pay! Where's problem in that? Less profit to AE? Like it really affects you.. >.> It's not even out, not all info is given yet and you found flaws already. Great job!
AQ Epic  Post #: 266
12/5/2012 13:10:00   
Renzan

quote:

And stats.. You won't be able to abuse one and there will probably be some sort of limit so they may slightly differ. Enhancements also matter - amount of slots - as well as upgrades, or to be specific, where you put them. Of course it'll be same art but some weapons will get bonuses for rarity and such, much more abilities, etc.
In AQ, since it has best balance in all AE games, same level item has the same stats as any other item of the same level. Why do people buy different ones anyway? Rate for special, leans, etc. There will be mix n' match here so we can do variety, go for leans (damage or stat lean), or ability. Now you don't have to spend Varium to get next top weapon because your current one is outdated, now you keep your old ones and don't have to pay! Where's problem in that? Less profit to AE? Like it really affects you.. >.> It's not even out, not all info is given yet and you found flaws already. Great job!

Well I believe Titan has said the we can rearrange stats on weapons anyway we want now. Right now we have overpowered builds but not everyone has the right gear to make those overpowered builds. Now with the new system, as long as you have the same damage type you can make that overpowered build too.
Epic  Post #: 267
12/5/2012 13:18:57   
Ranloth
Banned

Not fully. It was said you cannot abuse one stat (all stat points) so there will be likely a stat limit and leftover stats will have to go elsewhere. Cap is likely to be level scaled since it'd make a lot of sense for it to be. Besides who said that stats won't be changed either in the way they work? A LOT isn't released to the public, you already judge it by knowing very small part of it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 268
12/5/2012 13:38:11   
TurkishIncubus

Ppl thnik they gonna use Founder/Beta weps or the item they wish but if Devs wont allow special transfer than you will be forced to use Platinum's Pride Armor, Stun Guns, Frost Destroyer-Harvest Reaper-Bionic Battlegear.

these 5 item will be dominate over others with their most beneficial special abilities.

I want to use:
Frostbite Claws (with Jack-o-Fire)
Delta Armor (with Chairman's Fury)
Frostbolt Blaster (with Stun Shot)

is this comp will be avaible for me in Omega?, i doubt it.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 12/5/2012 13:40:34 >
Epic  Post #: 269
12/5/2012 13:56:37   
Mother1

@ turkishIncubus

If they did that then promos would lose all meaning big time and you might as well take down the name ED and put out Adventure quest.
Epic  Post #: 270
12/5/2012 14:05:52   
Mysterion.

I agree with mother1, all promos would lose there meaning.
I hope Special Ability transfer will never be allowed.

And Trans is correct, heres prove:
quote:

To maintain balance, you will not be able to put all of the item's points into one stat, but otherwise you can customize it as you wish.

So you wont be able to just put all on Str (dex, tech and sup neither).
You still have to seperate them between the stats, not just all on one stat.
Epic  Post #: 271
12/5/2012 14:48:06   
Oba

quote:

If they did that then promos would lose all meaning big time and you might as well take down the name ED and put out Adventure quest.

Being able to "change" Special Abilities dosent necessarily mean that promos will become useless. If they made it, as someone else suggested, that you can only switch the special abilities that you own, alot more creativity and strategic builds would take place. If I find a special ability good on a new promo, but I hate the design, I would still buy it so I could use that ability on my other items.

I own Dage's gun, with Spreadfire ability, therefor I should be able to "equip" this ability on any gun I want. BUT, I do NOT own stun guns, with the stun ability, therefor I should NOT be able to "equip" that stun ability on any gun.

I find this as a very good suggestion, whoever made it.

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/5/2012 14:52:46 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 272
12/5/2012 14:59:48   
Stabilis

Maybe a shop could open on an NPC that sells mediocre special ability attachments for use on items.
AQ Epic  Post #: 273
12/5/2012 15:29:38   
Mother1

Oba

It would also cause a lot of confusion in battle as well. I can see it now someone using a basic club, he crits and you are sent flying like with massive strike no thank you. Not to mention it would be making all weapons and items dress up things. We already have weapon being for show thanks to stats being able to be moved around. We don't need it made were you can swap abilities as well even if you did buy them.

@ Depressed

I like this idea even less. They already took away most of the edge varium has to make it fair for non variums. This right here completely destroy promos that have specials. I mean why would anyone spend varium on a promo item when they can get another ability pasted on their weapon cheaper?

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/5/2012 15:35:33 >
Epic  Post #: 274
12/5/2012 15:52:26   
Oba

^ As I've said before, we need more information while looking at someones character while in a battle. What bot players use, and now if exchangeable abilities get implented, what abilities players have equipped.

quote:

I like this idea even less. They already took away most of the edge varium has to make it fair for non variums. This right here completely destroy promos that have specials. I mean why would anyone spend varium on a promo item when they can get another ability pasted on their weapon cheaper?

Cheaper ability = weaker ability. Was that so hard to figure out? Like you can buy a ability that have a 3% chance to smoke your enemy for -10 dex (to tired of makig up a real ability that would work..nor do I intent to go that deep into this discussion) its not really good, but its better then nothing. I rather get a promo ability. Players say that we need to lower the differences between varium users and non-varium users, only varium users have been able to get promo items via 10,000 varium package, might get changed now in Omega, I dunno. With a shop like this that sell abilities for credits, and/or varium, it would lower the gap even more.

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/5/2012 15:55:49 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition