Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2012 15:57:48   
UnderSoul

I forgot, what's the difference between ultra-rare and perma-rare?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
12/5/2012 16:00:57   
Stabilis

Mother1,

Weapons have limitations to stats still, so even if an ability from an NPC is equally profound as an ability on a promotional item (which even that is not true, since I said mediocre which means passable but not 100% meeting the standards of a true ability), players would still be obliged to buy a new weapon with a wanted stat layout. Players that have the stat layout that they want will be the only players not buying new weapons. Abilities are an add-on, which have no influence over the stats an item may host.
AQ Epic  Post #: 277
12/5/2012 16:04:06   
Mother1

@ undersoul

Both are out of the game, however Ultra rares are usually worth more and are mostly rare legacy items such as the beta weapons, alpha weapons, Delta knight (when delta ends) Etc.
Epic  Post #: 278
12/5/2012 16:25:59   
TurkishIncubus

You guys said promos will lose meaning, well maybe but the aim of the update is to make good looking items more usefull.

quote:

One other limitation to picking your gear is the built-in nature of stats on your items. If you like a staff or gun, but the stats are bad for your build, then that weapon is no good to you. In Omega, you may now arrange your stats how YOU want on all of your items.

In Omega, if i like an item but the special ability is bad for my build then that item is no good for me.Without special ability transfer, Founders cant use Founder armor, Betas cant use Beta gear etc.

Now stats decide the weapon choise, in Omega special ability will decide. All players will still gonna use few items(the ones i said in my previous post)

Im not saying Devs should allow ability transfer, im saying if we cant transfer abilities Omega update will not change anything at all.
Epic  Post #: 279
12/5/2012 16:54:17   
Unknown Menace

^
I'ts still kinda vague despite that the message is clear. Only way to find out is to experience how this will all work out. My gut just tells me this is another way to (also) implement a certain suggestion that was done quite frequently and if that is the case then all i can say to the staff is: Thank you.
Epic  Post #: 280
12/5/2012 16:54:30   
Vegafire

@Turkish, im pretty sure that the Ultra-Rare items will get their own special ability in due time, if the special ability is bad for your build? i dont see how any special ability/ advantage is bad for the player using them... Some take energy each turn, some have a chance to stun, some even have unblockeable and more powerfull attacks. Therefore i find your argument Invalid due to all special abilities being usefull in one way or another.

And if they do implement the option to add special abilities im sure they would cost alot each, something like 30-50,000 credits per ability (each item) and the same cost to change the abillity if you do not like it, aswell as limitations to what abilities can be put on what items.

< Message edited by Vegafire -- 12/5/2012 16:56:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 281
12/5/2012 17:14:53   
TurkishIncubus

@Vegafire

For a str build, Curse is a useless special ability. Instead of using Delta Dagger a str Bh would go for Harvest Reaper. Jack-o-Fire gives you unblockable %113 physical dmg.

All str BHs will use Harvest Reaper

All str BMs/CHs will use Bionic Battlegear

Tanks will go for Forstbite Aura.

Ppl will still use few weapons like now, we will see all same weapons every battle like now.

I hope i explained the ability choise for build types
Epic  Post #: 282
12/5/2012 17:28:05   
Vypie

There will be many new abilities for weapons... people wont be limited to what currently exists.
Epic  Post #: 283
12/6/2012 3:08:46   
ninja.fighter

no one knows for sure the extent to which they r gonna modify the game so if we just wait maybe we will see for ourselves instead of fighting with each other peace

http://twitpic.com/bjbe6l
cool

Double posts merged. In the future please use the edit button to add an additional information to your post. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 12/6/2012 6:12:52 >
Epic  Post #: 284
12/6/2012 4:06:00   
Nexus...

Alright people, stop with your back and forth blabber, and listen up.

1) The froth has said there will be other ways to customize gear aside stats.
2) This most probably means we will be able to customize abilities

The developers have 2 ways of going about this:

a) You have to purchase the ability to apply it to your gear (probably a Var perk)
b) You can apply the ability to any item of the same type, AS LONG as you have purchased an item with that ability previously

The developers are most likely to go with b, so as not to enrage people with rare abilities (such as stun, curse etc.)

What this would mean:

1) Players would have a reason to buy new weps, armor, aux, sidearm
2) Players with rare gear (and thus abilities) would be satisfied, because nobody else would be able to customize their gear with that ability (unless they owned the weapon it belonged to)

What this would do (to the game):
a) Enhance customization
b) Give a reason to buy var, and thus new gear (as mentioned)
c) Make it so people didn't have to use the SAME WEAPON

Hope you all get what I'm talking about, because it makes alot more sense than whatever you are saying >_>

Prophet

Epic  Post #: 285
12/6/2012 5:21:58   
zion

@Nexus

Wishful thinking. If you want to use those rare abilities, just update the items to level cap! It would be ridiculously OP to be able to freely add any ability to any weapon - put the energy steal special on all your items and you guarantee it happening each fight. The only logical way is (a) you will have to purchase and equip - the new enhancements - item specific and no refund... assuming things stay basically the same around here.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
12/6/2012 5:29:56   
Nexus...

How would it be OP? Most weapons are going to be equal in power after the update anyway, this would just allow you to add some variation to weapons you already have. Being able to apply frostbite to any pair of blades, would be no different than if you just used the frostbite claws in the first place. Same damage, pretty much the same stats, same ability. This would save people money in that they would not have to continuously update gear to the level cap, would allow for greater customization, and encourage the purchasing of new weapons and varium. I don't see how it could be overpowered...at all, in any way whatsoever. Remember, i'm saying that the ability could only be applied to items of the same type, and obviously there would only be one ability per item permitted. So if you owned chairman armor, you could apply fury to any armor you owned. If you had an armor with frostbite aura, you could apply it to any armor you owned, but not to a staff or sword etc., so really there would be no way to have multiple instances of the same ability at the same time. Seems to make sense to me.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/6/2012 5:35:17 >
Epic  Post #: 287
12/6/2012 5:38:39   
midnight santa

honesly, dis not gona change balance. balance will be good if all class is equality. ok, u wana have many stats points, but
its just a 1 point so ya evrybody is have points so wat.
Epic  Post #: 288
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition