Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/30/2012 3:18:38   
Vegafire

^ Above, Agreed i dont care what anybody says Artix Games will always favour those who pay slightly more, it doesent make varium players or players with the rares any more powerfull just means they can vary their build in a different way to others. Yes the varium and promo only items may have more initital stats available but are they not meant to? i mean what fun would it be if everyone was evenly powered completely in stats and it was all down to build, you want variations in the stats and abilities to make for more interesting gameplay.
AQW Epic  Post #: 76
11/30/2012 3:19:08   
Xendran

For the sake of balance. Promo weapons shoudl be unique and interesting sidegrades with special abilities, not flat power upgrade that require spending 50 dollars to guarantee a best in slot weapon.
I'm sure a TON of people would still buy stun guns even if they had 2 or 3 less stat points than other guns of its level.

@Above: This is the only truly PvP based game that AE owns. You cannot use any other game (except... pony vs pony...) as a comparison for a pricing or itemization model, because there is an EXTREME difference between a PvE focused game and a PvP focused game.

quote:

i mean what fun would it be if everyone was evenly powered completely in stats and it was all down to build

Extremely? It means that instead of just winning by having higher stats, you need to come up with creative builds to counter your peers, as well as trying different combinations of stats and abilities, minmaxing for skills, deciding if its optimal to get extra stat points, or instead use a lower statted weapon that has an ability, decide whether or not the ability is reliable enough for your tastes based on how long battles last so you can weight out the chance of activating it enough, etc

< Message edited by Xendran -- 11/30/2012 3:22:10 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 77
11/30/2012 3:21:57   
Vegafire

Thats beside the point Xendran the whole point of items having the abilities is they give you a little extraa oompffft for your buck :D i mean there meant to be slightly MORE powerfull but not completely overpowered, they are still easily beateable as i have proven in a set of non varium items up against multiple vaium players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
11/30/2012 3:23:08   
Xendran

How is it beside the point? It's an advantage that doesn't need to be there, and forces the feeling of being obligated to pay, which actually lowers customer sales when you look at the trending.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 79
11/30/2012 3:28:18   
Vegafire

So a Slightly more powerfull item disencourages players to buy the promos ect? your making no sense Xendran.... If everyone could acheive the same standard WITHOUT the promos then why would people buy them or but varium to be honest? I mean it would be a waste of money meaning that AE would suffer a massive loss in income. most people buy varium for the promos as they are ever so slightly MORE powerfull, even if not by much it can make a little difference.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
11/30/2012 3:37:14   
Xendran

Did you just completely ignore my other post? The one that details the whole idea of sidegrades? AE has already suffered mass income loss compared to what this game would have had, due to both this game and AE becoming notorious in the gaming community for pay2win

< Message edited by Xendran -- 11/30/2012 3:38:11 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 81
11/30/2012 3:43:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

as said above, why would they bother making promos if it is going to be weaker than normal weapon? remember most promos now have a ability that works with chance, and not guaranteed extra damage, so if you want to make its damage decreased, the special need to be activated every 2 turns in order for it to be balanced. the eggzooka is still the most powerful zooka ingame. promos are meant for you to have a slight advantage in battle with its specials and a few more stats, to be honest it doesnt give you much advantage if you don't click at the right time. everyone wouldnt get the 10k package as often if promos are weaker, atleast i wouldnt, since now the gear upgrade is gonna come why bother buying new weaker promos with a special that works with chance?.

on yeah sure pay to win, havnt you played mechquest, dragon fable, AQW? they are definately not pay to win. im sure your mind needs a little clearing up. varium is meant to give you a advantage in time saving to access gears faster but promos need to be better than any non promo item ingame so it is worth the $50 (it does not have to be op)

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/30/2012 3:53:03 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
11/30/2012 3:50:51   
zion

Hard to believe all those enhancements will just be thrown away... but you can't give 40 customize-able stats for a given weapon! If there are no enhancements, it will surely help the stat inflation issue - so that's a good thing... maybe some sort of refund or one free customize for each enhanced weapon?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
11/30/2012 3:52:18   
gangster a

im not liking this at all would just be abused so much sorry rabble and nightwraith but i dont think this should be allowed
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
11/30/2012 4:03:14   
Xendran

Trizz, just because YOU wouldn't doesnt mean that the marketing data from a large number of other games is incorrect.
And ED is the whole reason that AE has that stigma. Also Z tokens and Dragoncoins. But mainly ED.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 85
11/30/2012 4:11:28   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above, how do you know about it? just because you learnt some things about it doesnt mean it is how it works or what would people think. you dont even have the correct data to prove that people will buy promo often if its weaker than the normal weapon.

and im a F2P in all of AE games except ED and im enjoying them just fine, so your statement of AE being a pay to win company is false.
also from what i see in your character page, you don't even play or don't play too often. you might think a promo is too powerful because you are 3 levels lower than the capped level, anyone who is at level 32 versing a lvl 35 with promo weapons is gonna think they are too powerful.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/30/2012 4:16:03 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
11/30/2012 4:22:29   
King FrostLich

quote:

Hard to believe all those enhancements will just be thrown away... but you can't give 40 customize-able stats for a given weapon! If there are no enhancements, it will surely help the stat inflation issue - so that's a good thing... maybe some sort of refund or one free customize for each enhanced weapon?

Wait enhancements are going away? I thought they'd stay as is.
Epic  Post #: 87
11/30/2012 4:25:48   
Vegafire

We still dont know whats happening with the enhancements as i said they could merge the systems or zion suggested our fully enhanced items could be customized for free as we have already paid massive ammounts to enhance them and that shouldnt go to waste.
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/30/2012 4:25:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

they are not going away, since when did rabble say that they are going away? if it is going away varium would lose one of its purpose so ED will gain less profits.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
11/30/2012 4:51:35   
Xendran

quote:

@above, how do you know about it? just because you learnt some things about it doesnt mean it is how it works or what would people think. you dont even have the correct data to prove that people will buy promo often if its weaker than the normal weapon.

I'm a university graduate. I took multiple marketing and businees courses, one of which was specific to gaming, another which included gaming as a part of it. And not weaker than the normal weapon, the same power. A sidegrade. Over time, effects and abilities balance out. And who said that all abilities have to be chance? I'm sure we'll have some 100% proc weapons with lower stats later on in the future.

quote:

and im a F2P in all of AE games except ED and im enjoying them just fine, so your statement of AE being a pay to win company is false.

whether or not you find a game fun has nothing to do with whether or not it's pay2win. At all.

quote:

also from what i see in your character page, you don't even play or don't play too often. you might think a promo is too powerful because you are 3 levels lower than the capped level, anyone who is at level 32 versing a lvl 35 with promo weapons is gonna think they are too powerful.

I don't play at all. That has nothing to do with power levels on items though. If an item is above its level in power in PvP, it's too powerful.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 11/30/2012 4:52:43 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 90
11/30/2012 5:05:18   
zion

@Xendran Are you planing a comeback? Game seems interesting again?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
11/30/2012 5:08:25   
Vegafire

A item may be slightly more powerfull than another but its initial cost is usualy a big step up from other items, this doesent make it TOO POWERFULL but it gives a slight advantage to those who wish to obtain these items, What you are suggestion Xendran would completely destroy the playerbase and customerbase, cut profits heavily due to people not seing the point in varium anymore if the EXACT same standard is acheiveable without it.

Your qualifications mean nothing when it comes to a whole marketing team employed by AE and this is coming from a BTEC LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN BUISINESS AND FINANCE student.

What you need to understand is they dont have to be majourly overpowered but even one extra stat or a small ability like a unblockeable strike is worth paying for in a game like this as it can make all the difference in winning and loosing, Im not saying those who buy the items will automatically win as it is a game of strategy and any player has the potential to be dominant F2P OR P2P it just depends on how you choose to play/ your style and tactics in battle.
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
11/30/2012 5:15:32   
Xendran

If the stats end up balanced properly, then yes, i plan on levelling my character to 35 and trying out the new skills.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 93
11/30/2012 5:28:59   
Vegafire

Yes balanced properly, the +1 extra stat from promo items wont make much of a difference but it will give the tinyest advantage, this is what im trying to say, im not saying promo items should be as they have been far superior to every other item but maybe the tinyest bit better to make them worth while i mean +1 seems like nothing but thats 1 less skill point needed allocated and can be used for Energy or HP
AQW Epic  Post #: 94
11/30/2012 6:29:18   
MirageD

my fear about all of this is....weapons and armors will just become costume decisions.....the stat distributions can basically be done on anything and everything....sounds alot like AQW if you ask me......the cool "looking" things will be varium...the rest (stats) are all the same and available to all things and everyone

and i for one, will be very upset if all of the enhancements that i have already spent $ on are trashed and goes down the drain

~mira

< Message edited by MirageD -- 11/30/2012 6:33:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
11/30/2012 6:36:13   
zion

Seems like only yesterday when f2ps were saying "just give me cardboard box for an armor as long as it has decent stats." Not only has that come true in a very awesome way, the days of having weapons limited by incompatible stat placements is coming to an end!
@ Miraged - That's essentially in every AE game but ED... until now.

edit: Just realized my bio hazard husks are only level 27...

< Message edited by zion -- 11/30/2012 6:41:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/30/2012 6:42:20   
Vegafire

But from what we have speculated and speculations can be correct Varium and Promotional items are going to be slightly stronger than credit items, they will have the extra 1 - 2 stat +'s and well they stil have their special abilities so you dont have to pay to add one (Sourced from what i can see in the teaser they have been so nice to release) and yes anything and everything can be done to a certian extent a maximum % of points can be allocated to each stat meaning you wil not have say a bloodmage running about with 100 + 125 str, it is limited but it is going to widen the rage of build immensly and make for some interesting gameplay if all goes well and as planned.
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
11/30/2012 6:42:58   
TRizZzCENTRINO

well since everyone wants major balance thats why the dDEVS could do nothing but AQWfy ED. means ED is having some similar features like AQW

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/30/2012 8:02:34 >

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/30/2012 6:50:33   
drinde

To be honest, you have to admit the Balance in ED way surpasses AQW. And what do you mean by AQW-fy?

In AQW, weapons are purchased as art. However, in this system, the weapons would be able to get their stats customized. However, they never mentioned there wouldn't be a limit for these stat changes, so your choice of weapons may still affect the stats of it.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 99
11/30/2012 6:56:33   
Vegafire

Which rabblefroth has said he will keep us updated about as they progress, Certian items will only allow to to allocate a certian ammount of each to certian stats. making the weapons more suitable for the user and depending on its cost and rarity you may be allowed to allocate more on a single skill and have slightly more to allocate? its not going to overpower anything only force people to change the builds a bit due to the restrictions which have also widened the oppertunity for multiple new builds and old builds to be more affective, its designed to make people think not pay2win, After all its a Turn bassed stratagy game in its own rights, just like chess. you have to have a stratagy or you wont survive. I look forward to seing more than 2-3 builds for each class because it gets tiring seing the same tactics constantly and if you can adapt like myself you work out how to rule out their passives and nurf their stats in order to win, and i want a chalange, i want to think, i want PIE!
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 4 of 12«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition