Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Class Change/Buy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class Change/Buy
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2012 19:00:26   
goldslayer1

how about being able to buy a class after 100 class changes?
let me explain, changing classes 100 times requires 5 million credits or $450 worth of (90,000) varium (90k IF you didn't class change when it use to cost 1500)

what if ED gave you the option of buying a class after 100 class changes?
classes would appear as items in the inventory section. the class you currently changed to would appear as an equipped item, and you cant un-equip it unless you have another class.

the purchasing of the class should cost more than the change.
like 3000 varium for the class. (varium only as a var perk?)
and then its yours forever in your inventory (cant be deleted)

this would somewhat award ED's long time customers and hard working players.

what do you guys think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/2/2012 19:10:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Or.. what if you try to be creative with builds and try not to change too much and waste Varium and Credits? Purchaseable classes are bad idea, even if it comes to Omega, since there can be abuse thanks to skills so no. Even if it was all balanced, no. You pick your base class, you should stay with it rather than be able to change it & not have the same experience when starting again (as a different class).

No point in buying classes if you can change anytime. If you find it too much and want to change 'em for free afterwards then be wise when changing the first time. Not supported, under ANY circumstances. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/2/2012 19:24:21   
goldslayer1

@trans
well trans, the reason im suggesting this is because some people get really bored of using the same class repeatedly.
all this would do is increase variety. as today i could be using str bh, but maybe tomorrow a new item comes out, and i wanna test that new item with CH or merc without having to pay more to change.

its just an idea for adding more options and variety.
with this, we can change anything, by equipping it if its purchased.

if anything, it should lower class abuse. why class change to anything else if ur already the "OP" class?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 19:25:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/2/2012 19:54:44   
Stabilis

I think a good counter 'argument' would be "T/R can program a calendar system to limit things like class change by day, week, month, year".

Of course this would only be effective on bought classes while not affecting class changes that are rented (eg: 900 varium class change).
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/2/2012 20:03:38   
goldslayer1

@void
1 day seems like a good option. i wouldn't want to restrict too much time on a purchased item.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/2/2012 20:56:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

1 class change per month if it is buyable. or else it stays the original class change system. as trans stated you need to stick with one class and not keep changing them, if bored of one class and not have credits either buy varium or do battles to get ur credits to 50k, it is easy. the price is there to limit people changing class repeatedly in the first place. so not supported.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/2/2012 21:48:12   
goldslayer1

@trizz
and the idea is for people who already changed to a near impossible amount of times.
how many people do u know that have class changes 100 times?

class change was put in the game so ur not stuck forever with a class, and be bored of it.
i understand class loyalty is someone important to some. but others it isn't. thats why classes are optional now.

if u want to limit urself to less game features and gameplay, thats ur choice, dont try to force it on others.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/2/2012 22:08:00   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above then why is there a price? explain? you will never be able to be stuck with a class in this game, you have 2 currencies to change, and if you changed 100 times it is your problem, a average player only changed about 5-10 times in a year, 100 times is ridiculous and a waste of money. i don't see any complain about class change except you. the price was lowered already to make class change more convenient for players so it should stay the way it is, also if you can buy a class you will likely to be able to purchase all classes and change to a OP class *click* just like that. so again not supported. they would lose profit too BTW so i think this is unlikely to happen.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/2/2012 22:19:54   
goldslayer1

@trizz
i love how u mistake my post for something it isn't.
its not a complain, its a suggestion.

and this is where ur logic fails.
if i wanted to switch to the "OP" class all i do is *click* and done.
ur average player changes 5-10 times a year, however this isn't intended for ur average player.

and they wouldn't lose profit by doing this.
how many people do u know that spend $450 worth of varium just FOR class changes?
if anything, it would increase their profits as players with capable money would lean more to class changes to unlock said features.

and yeah of course u wont be stuck with a class, because that was the point of class changes. now u and trans are telling me i should willingly stay stuck with a single class because its the right thing to do?

like i said, i want to be able to use all features and be able to use all game-play whenever i want, not when my pocket allows it.
for someone like me, who likes to use different classes and test builds for classes all the time, this would be a huge '2 thumbs up' feature.
and seeing how it would be optional, u dont have to use it.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 22:21:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/2/2012 22:31:52   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above ha ha, my logic fails? you think they will gain profits if you stop paying for class changes at 100 times? time is the essence once everyone has gotten that much class changes and wont need to pay anymore they will still gain profits but not as much, and do some battle or farm npcs if money is restricting you, purchasing a class is a no no, you need to earn a class change or take the shortcut which you change with varium, the only reason the make the hairstyles buyable is because it does not affect the actual gameplay, but class change affects alot.
i would only agree if, you change 100 times you can only buy that 1 class that you change the most to, and when you buy that one class the thing resets and you need to get another 100 class changes to access the next class. this is fair.

how much times do you think a average player changes then? prove that my logic is wrong by giving some logical answers.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/2/2012 22:33:59 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/2/2012 22:37:51   
Joe10112

IDK why you would constantly need to switch classes. How about 900 per class change, or a one time fee of 2700 or 3600 Varium to completely unlock the class forever. It seems to me that you would really have to play ED a lot to change your class to the same thing (after leaving it many times) more than 3-4 times, so I think most people would still pay 900 var per switch. Not many people unless you play A LOT change back and forth to the same class over and over, in my opinion, so this method makes sense to me...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/2/2012 22:40:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

the point of class change is for you to try all classes and find one that suits your style of playing, not something you can buy.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/2/2012 22:48:06   
goldslayer1

@trizz
u seem to think most people are willing to keep playing after spending $450+ only for class changes.
last time i bought varium was december of 2011. thats over a year ago.

if ur average player (or most) spends $450 for 100 class changes, and then needs to keep paying for more, thats not really convincing him that the game is getting more worth for the money he's money.

quote:

how much times do you think a average player changes then? prove that my logic is wrong by giving some logical answers.

i am giving u logical answers, ur average player probably doesn't change 20 times in his life time, let alone 100 times.

but guess what, just like in america, most of the income comes from the average player (or in politic's case, from the middle class citizen)

all im asking, is that players be able to PURCHASE (not even free) classes after 100 class changes (which didn't always cost 900 varium, back in the gamma days it used to be 1500. and i had about 40 classes changes with those) after players spent $450+ on varium for class changes.
and dont even pretend credits is possible yet. so far the only player iv'e heard that has 1+ million credits was comicalbiker.

why? because quite frankly i dont feel its right that players should keep paying rent after they used it so long.
its like renting a house, after u rented SO long, wouldn't u spend ur rent to BUYING the house so u no longer have to pay rent?

think of it this way, after such a long time, and u still have to rent a feature, players could take their money to another game.
i play other games, and trust me when i tell u, $450 is a huge load of money on any other game.

so what would u prefer? have a limit to where u give the player the option to stop spending for certain feature (after paying alot) or suck the player dry to the point where he quits (which by then still probably wont reach 100 changes)

and ur basing ur reasoning to turn down the idea because balance. when its already stated that balance will be fixed.

quote:

and the point of this feature is for me to allow me to use more features and game play as much as i wanted after i already paid a large amount of money.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 22:49:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/2/2012 22:53:10   
Stabilis

@Trizz,

Maybe I myself do not favour a specific class? For me it is not an issue of loyalty. If my current class gets marked for death (it gets labelled as overpowered), I class change to a class that is the next underpowered class. Is that reasonable? I do this for the challenge. I am not a hardcore or professional gamer, I am a casual gamer, but I appreciate testing my capabilities with limited resources.

Class change happens frequently, sometimes because of the player's class receiving a nerf. So they switch classes. If this happens enough, these unfortunate players are forcing like you said 5-10 class changes on themself... sometimes all in varium. I think it would be a courteous thing to do if a player could buy a class type for an increased cost once than to be charged each time even if they may be changing between only 2 classes! Rabblefroth mentioned that expenses will be more influenced towards non-PVP terms than to charge us on PVP constantly. This is similar to having to buy a new Armor each 6 months or 2 or 1 month, would you agree to that?

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/2/2012 22:54:41 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
12/2/2012 22:53:58   
goldslayer1

@joe
well i always liked testing builds, tinkering with them, trying them out with new gear and such. and test them in battle.
with the many changes to balance, and items that I've bought, the changes for me eventually piled up.

sometimes people think i class change solely to be the OP class, when in fact, the class thats been OP hasn't changed 100 times.
just that i get bored easily with the same class and like to use more diversity in builds, probably because i use to play alot.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 23:05:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/2/2012 23:19:10   
legion of souls

As much as i would like this, i think they should just add a "buy class" feature
quote:

a one time fee of 2700 or 3600 Varium to completely unlock the class forever.

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/2/2012 23:22:03   
goldslayer1

@legion
or that. whichever seems more convenient.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/2/2012 23:26:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you still have credit options, its not like that they are forcing you to use varium to get the classes, and this is class change not house renting or buying, so its a whole different story.

i personally changes class 3-4 times to try all their builds with the new promo weapons, and im not a hardcore gamer most of my class changes are done with credits, so i dont get how you cant cope with this feature, seriously do more battles to earn your change. and like i said before class change is not the same as hairstyle change because it actually effects the battles that you do, and when the classes get nerfed not having enough to change to a new class is not a good enough excuse. cybers and bloodmage have been nerfed and yet they can cope with it, not just changing to the next op class. and it is still a player's decision not my right to tell you not to change to a op build but class buying option shouldnt be implemented.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/2/2012 23:42:54 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/2/2012 23:41:09   
TRizZzCENTRINO

-AKs and forum moderator delete this current post, it is made by mistake.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/2/2012 23:42:38 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/2/2012 23:42:52   
Stabilis

I think we should be able to get all 6 classes in a $50 package, is that fair? So the price in varium would be 10000/6.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/2/2012 23:44:23   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above uh no it would not be a good idea, if this is implemented then wats next? buying enhancements permanently? and all other features permanently?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/2/2012 23:48:49   
goldslayer1

@trizz
again, u keep assuming im only suggesting this so people can switch to the OP class/build.
yes it affects my gameplay, but thats pretty much what i been paying for.
and i do battles, have u seen my char page?

it wouldn't hurt the game to allow players to have more diversity, features, and gameplay.

like i said, if u wish to limit ur gameplay and features, thats up to u. but dont try to force it on others.

quote:

uh no it would not be a good idea, if this is implemented then wats next? buying enhancements permanently? and all other features permanently?

enhancements are permanent. lmao

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 23:49:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/3/2012 0:05:58   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@golden yes i know that we pay for the features the gameplay and the diversity, but what you suggested is totally different, you want to stop paying for the features and diversity once and for all when you reach a set amount of changes like 100.

and when i mean permanent enhancements, i mean when you purchase the slots you can transfer them to a new gear without buying new enhancements for that gear ever again.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/3/2012 0:19:21   
goldslayer1

@trizz
yes, because the chances of ur average player ever reaching 100 class changes is very unlikely.
im not asking to stop paying for the features, im asking to pay for the features. just for an unlimited amount. not a "rent"
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/3/2012 2:02:27   
TRizZzCENTRINO

class change is not a renting system since you only pay when you want it just like buying something from a store when you finished using it and also it is not a renting system because it doesnt take varium or credits from your inventory periodically.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class Change/Buy
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition