Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Factions Updates - Ideas/Concepts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Factions Updates - Ideas/Concepts
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2012 9:48:33   
goldslayer1

1)
VIX and I have talked a while back about a way to tell how many wins players were doing in the faction.
So me and him came up with separate concepts on how to get the point across.

My Idea: http://i45.tinypic.com/2njg10k.png (just an exampe picture)
basically this add a new column in the faction page which Features 1 vs 1 | 2 vs 2 | 2 vs 1
you can put it this way or switch it to 1 | 2 | J

VIX idea:
Before: http://i48.tinypic.com/27www3l.png
After: http://i47.tinypic.com/2cej6z4.png

his idea is basically to open up a new tab within the faction page to show only faction membs on how active the faction was.

I understand we have influence right now, but with the wars and all, influence doesn't translate to win.
its hard measuring how much influence is how many wins, because some of those wins could have been juggernaut or 2 vs 2.
this on the other hand, would give you a specific number and for what modes.
so either one of these would do the job well.

2)
the upcoming suggestion is related to faction lvls, and differential between higher lvl factions and lower lvl factions.
its more of an art suggestion than one that requires alot of coding.

its to have different styles of headquarters Depending on your lvl.
if your a lvl 1 faction, your faction should look like one (basically like a scrub faction). if your a lvl 12 faction, your faction should look epic.
this would make a difference in low lvl factions and high lvl factions. it would somewhat compensate for lvl 12 factions out there that have worked hard in earning their lvls.

and it doesn't even have to be a new headquarters every lvl, if your lvl 1, you have a scrubbish looking faction, but then you lvl up to lvl 2. and at lvl 2 you have an extra rusty cannon looking wep to be part of your defense.

maybe the layout of the notebot could look different. since its a notebot, maybe the layout could be rusty at 1-5 lvls, then 6-11 it could be bronze/golden.

lower lvl faction headquarters should be smaller too. and as they lvl up, their faction grows, and so does their headquarters.

3)
Another HQ improvement would be the first screen of the Headquarters.
there should be an option that would allow non faction members into the first screen of HQ (which would be outside of the HQ)
this would be similar to the house lock system where you only allow your friends or no one, or anyone.

this would serve as hang out spots for faction members and their friends who are from other factions (or no faction).
and it could be a good place for meetings between allies.

4)
Faction Items shops by lvl.

once again, more art related things.
the suggestion is for faction item shops, base on the faction's lvl.
it doesn't have to be several shops, it could be a single shop, but your faction needs certain lvl to unlock stuff.

the items could range from weapons, armors, bikes (Duel Master bikes FTW)
it doesn't have to be a ton of stuff, just a little bit to help distinguish high lvls factions from low lvls.

it doesn't have to be every lvl, it could be every 4 lvls. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13 (since 13 is he highest recorded faction lvl)

5)
Note bot improvement.
a good note improvement would be adding a scrolling option so that we aren't limited to a certain amount of messages.
this way we dont have to put everything in small words, and be limited to text.

below is an example of how an improvement can look like.
Example: http://i45.tinypic.com/10i6p0y.png

6)
Change the system so that you CANNOT battle your faction mates in the public matches.
such as 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and even juggernaut.

this is one is quite a problem, in solo and 2 vs 2. because it forces your faction to get a loss no matter what.
and in some cases, one of the members automatically quits to get the faction win faster. (specially if they are facing in team)

i myself use to be in a competitive faction, and it would annoy me to have to see my faction mates on the other side of the screen about 40-50 times a day in 1 vs 1. it just gave un-needed battles and losses to the faction.

7)
Faction co-leader/co-founder
heres a picture to show you what i mean http://i47.tinypic.com/2dgt34j.png

this has been suggested before, and i just wanted to add this one as an improvement.
keep in mind that appointing officers and co-leaders is an optional thing. you dont have to do it.
so if you dont like the feature, you could simply not make anybody a co-leader/co-founder

other things could be added, such as the permissions of things the co-leader can do.

http://i45.tinypic.com/xd89ds.png
as it shows here, you can
promote and demote officers
kick members
change tittles (for co-leader and officers only)
recruiting members
and changing the flag

8)
Faction Bank
some may be wondering what this is, so let me explain. a faction bank would be the place where members can donate their tokens to the faction instead of the flags. this stops members from donating to random flags that would most likely not be taken.

this essentially allows the leader (and co-leader?) to donate the tokens to the flags as he sees fit.
this would also make it easier for the members as they wont have to go to the flag every day and can simply donate from HQ.
so no more going to the far end of minetower to donate :)

to add along with this, there should be more donating options. such as "1000 tokens" and "5000 Tokens"

9)

being able to donate from HQ
with a menu of the flags you donated in, would be a good improvement to donating.

see here to see what i mean
http://i50.tinypic.com/206o2lh.png

as you can see, it shows you the flags your faction has donated in, and it allows you to donate there from headquarters.

10)
Faction Officers can change their own titles.
Leader/co-leader can still change them aswell.

this will allow officers to choose the desired title they want.

11)
Faction Daily Rewards
right now you get no rewards for doing dailies (solo, team, Juggernaut, WD)

the idea i have here is to reward players for doing dailies in factions.
these rewards would only go to the players of the winning faction.

Faction Daily Rewards: for the players
Credits: 2500
Personal Influence: 1000

WD Rewards: for the players
Credits: 5000
Personal Influence: 2500

now some issues may arise like what happens to the players of factions who already won it?
well much like the influence change back in delta, give it to the players who are in their faction and have won it before.

your thoughts?
anything you would like to add?

Notes: pictures are all thanks to VIX.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2013 5:16:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/4/2012 9:57:48   
Assassin01

I really like these suggestions,but number 5 has been suggested already.

Supported.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/4/2012 10:49:02   
l Chop Suey l

After the devs took the faction cannons,I have no idea where they are headed but I can can take this into consideration because HQ does need improvement for more features since they added influence as a replacement for player's wins.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/4/2012 10:55:49   
goldslayer1

@chop
well, the same could be said when they added the cannons.
but if they are really focusing on improvements in omega, than hopefully they improve a core part of the game. which is factions.

factions are really what gets players to play more.
i myself probably wouldn't have played as much or played this long if it weren't for factions.
they bind ED players into a small group community of friends that they can rely on ingame.

EDIT:
added another idea as number #6 in the original post.

quote:

6)
Change the system so that you CANNOT battle your faction mates in the public matches.
such as 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and even juggernaut.

this is one is quite a problem, in solo and 2 vs 2. because it forces your faction to get a loss no matter what.
and in some cases, one of the members automatically quits to get the faction win faster. (specially if they are facing in team)

i myself use to be in a competitive faction, and it would annoy me to have to see my faction mates on the other side of the screen about 40-50 times a day in 1 vs 1. it just gave un-needed battles and losses to the faction.

added a number #7 in the original post.

quote:

7)
Faction co-leader/co-founder

this has been suggested before, and i just wanted to add this one as an improvement.
keep in mind that appointing officers and co-leaders is an optional thing. you dont have to do it.
so if you dont like the feature, you could simply not make anybody a co-leader/co-founder

other things could be added to this, but for now, lets just work on getting this ingame first.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/4/2012 11:24:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/4/2012 12:04:35   
VIX

I would really love to see this getting implemented in Omega! its gonna make people more interesting for factions. and i think that's what people need now!

i totaly support this idea!
Epic  Post #: 5
12/4/2012 12:17:52   
goldslayer1

added in #8 to the original post.

quote:

8)
Faction Bank
some may be wondering what this is, so let me explain. a faction bank would be the place where members can donate their tokens to the faction instead of the flags. this stops members from donating to random flags that would most likely not be taken.

this essentially allows the leader (and co-leader?) to donate the tokens to the flags as he sees fit.
this would also make it easier for the members as they wont have to go to the flag every day and can simply donate from HQ.
so no more going to the far end of minetower to donate :)

to add along with this, there should be more donating options. such as "1000 tokens" and "5000 Tokens"

EDIT:
added #9 to the original post.
quote:

9)

being able to donate from HQ
with a menu of the flags you donated in, would be a good improvement to donating.

see here to see what i mean
http://i50.tinypic.com/206o2lh.png

as you can see, it shows you the flags your faction has donated in, and it allows you to donate there from headquarters.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/4/2012 12:28:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/4/2012 13:42:44   
SCAR

I Support all these Ideas! Except with idea Number 8, this has been bugging me for awhile, I think you should have the option to donate all your "Battle Tokens" to the flag, instead of donating 500, than waiting 30 seconds etc. (God that annoys me.)
Post #: 7
12/4/2012 16:47:39   
goldslayer1

@scar
im not sure u quite understand it.
the faction token bank, would be the place to donate instead of flags.

this way, members can donate to the bank, then the leader (who is probably more strategic about donating) can donate the bank tokens into the flag instead.

lets say i needed 5k tokens to be put in a flag.
what i could do is, tell my members to donate 300 tokens each to the bank. (this would be over 5k)
then the leader can use the token bank funds to donate to the flag.
this would be the only use for the token banks (unless theres more faction related token stuff in the future)
nobody would be able to take tokens from the bank to use it for their own purposes (like achievements)

the bank could also be a better place to save the tokens for future use.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/4/2012 17:14:38   
Rayman
Banned

Supported, This is what factions need to make them much more better for everyone.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/4/2012 17:43:04   
Stabilis

For #8, instead of adding the 2000, 5000, 10000 and all that, what about scrapping all of those buttons and being able to enter your own amount? In case someone's keyboard does not work, the developers can implement an on-screen pinpad to button press the desired numbers.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
12/4/2012 17:47:03   
goldslayer1

@void
that would work.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/4/2012 20:22:21   
SCAR

godslayer1: I don't think you quite understand what I said, keep reading it untel you understand.
Post #: 12
12/4/2012 20:37:37   
Stabilis

Yep yep yep (Ducky from TLBT anyone?), because we donate in small multiples at a time, the stopping feature certainly slows down our simple goal of token donating, especially 30 seconds at a time, 5 times or more in an outing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
12/4/2012 20:43:20   
goldslayer1

@scar
and u dont understand what i said, #8 is about donating tokens to the faction bank, not the flags.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/4/2012 21:31:57   
Rayman
Banned

Scar: The #8 is a fac bank where people donate the tokens they want so the founder and coFounder can use these donated tokens in the flags they want to avoid the confusion of players donating in the wrong flags.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/5/2012 0:14:56   
legion of souls

Gold, you are a genius.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/5/2012 0:36:21   
goldslayer1

@legion
thanks.
so ur a programmer huh?
i actually been thinking of going to college for game design and programming.
any advice u can give?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/5/2012 1:12:28   
legion of souls

Oh yes, ill PM you
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/5/2012 20:07:26   
SCAR

goldslayer1: Your a foo
Post #: 19
12/5/2012 20:16:10   
Rayman
Banned

Doesn't the #5 have a Screenshot of how the notepad should look? Im sure I saw one before.
And yes the #6, when you fight someone of your own fac, it will lead to a loss and will drop the faction win % No matter what.

Edited: It was #5 Lol, Since you talking here about HQ Board, Im sure that time ago there was an Screenshot of a Inproved board, Not sure if you still have that.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 12/5/2012 20:25:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/5/2012 20:18:50   
goldslayer1

@Rayman
#3 what?

idk what u mean.
#3 is about allowing non faction players being allowed in the outside part of our headquarters (which would be the first screen when u teleport to HQ) which could be a good place to hang out with other friends or have meetings with allies.

EDIT:
@rayman
ohh yeah, i know vix has it somewhere.
give me a second and ill ask him

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/5/2012 20:29:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/5/2012 20:27:29   
Rayman
Banned

^
Look I edited it.
Below:
That's that one im talking about, it's a pretty good inprovement for the board. (Vix +1)

< Message edited by Rayman -- 12/5/2012 21:57:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/5/2012 21:48:34   
goldslayer1

@rayman
sorry that took so long, vix was afk :/

http://i45.tinypic.com/10i6p0y.png

Note: updated the original post to include this sample picture for #5.
NOTE: all credits to VIX for all the pictures.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/5/2012 21:54:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/6/2012 14:19:31   
ashtonsdad

bank idea could be exploited by faction leader taking tokens and kicking members, or if not kicking them than keeping the tokens so long that the player may not be around to see the benefits of his/her donation ( not supported)

knowing how many and what type of wins a player is doing is none of anyones business and i think that's why they switched to influence instead of wins and also took away showing what type of battle a player is in when doing a search for him from your buddy list. if a founder isn't happy with a member's performance they have the option to remove that player, stalking them every ten minutes and pming them commanding them to do a different type of battle they don't prefer to do isn't the right thing to do.

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 12/6/2012 14:24:13 >

Stand for Something, or You Will Fall for Anything!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/6/2012 14:44:42   
goldslayer1

@ash
well donating is ALWAYS an optional thing. nobody has to donate if they dont want to.

and for ur second paragraph, yes it is some people's business.
as u may know, competitive factions look for specific members (solo players, team players, or jugger) to go for dailies.

for factions with requirements (which in most cases the player being recruited is notified BEFORE joining that there is a requirement) this would be a very helpful thing.

specially for leaders who want to promote their hard working members to officer based on their performance.
and if a player is a team player, but he joins a 1 vs 1 faction, then i think its the player's fault in this case.

however, these things are more intended for active factions.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/6/2012 14:46:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Factions Updates - Ideas/Concepts
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition