Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Combat Rating

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Combat Rating
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2012 11:53:36   
goldslayer1

Combat Rating IMO should be a new feature in the game.
for those who dont know what Combat Rating is, its basically how much an item is worth.

each item would have a certain rating. and when you have all your weapons equipped you get your total combat rating.
the combat rating would be based on the damage it those, the stats it has, and how much/def res, what damage types they have and your lvl.

now you might ask yourself "whats the point of adding this?"
well, as many of you know, it sucks in 2 vs 2 to be partnered with someone who has no gear.
what this would do is, allow for the devs to change the partnering system in 2 vs 2, to be based on combat rating instead of lvls.

combat rating would solve match up issues, and partnering issues in all modes. as it will add players who have a certain rating to be paired up with someone in the near range of their rating. instead of lvls.

since rating is based on you items, the person you are partnered up with, will most likely have decent and above items.

this would also be very help full in lower lvls for players with items vs players with no items.
as im sure ED doesn't want newer players leaving because they face too many players who have powerful items.
varium would most likely become pay to win at lower lvls since lower lvls have a harder time getting credits.

now, lvls ranges would still be in the game.
if your lvl 35, and theres a lvl 29 that has really good combat rating, he's not gonna get partnered with you. he still has to be lvl 30+ to be your partner.

what do you guys think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/4/2012 11:57:57   
Mysterion.

Well, i do like the idea, so supported.

But it will be alot of work for the devs.
And the damage types does not have to do anything with the combat rating in my opinion.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/4/2012 12:00:17   
goldslayer1

@mysterion
it should, if all your damage types are physical for example
then your at a disadvantage, because thats your only damage source.
meaning you have less variety in damage, and you would hit a wall vs large defense.
so basically, having damage types be equal (like physical primary and energy gun/aux), gives you a better chance of fighting different types of builds.

combat rating would be measured once you have the items equipped. not when they are in your inventory.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/4/2012 12:01:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/4/2012 12:06:31   
Mysterion.

Yeah, but how would this be rated in the combat rating?

Combat rating will probably be a number, so P or E cant really be given points, right?
And its still the choice of the player itself, if he is a BH with max SS it could be logical and it would fit with his strategy.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/4/2012 12:13:50   
goldslayer1

@mysterion
well its by how much defense and resistance he has. (could be 5 and 5, or 10. doesn't matter)

and as far as the damage type goes, it will vary.
if he has 3-4 damage types as physical or energy, thats probably gonna be less combat rating.

well actually, im not sure if it should negate any combat rating for having all of the same damage type.
i guess it depends because it would throw off the actual total.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/4/2012 13:31:49   
SCAR

Supported.
Post #: 6
12/4/2012 16:30:08   
Metallico

Supported
Epic  Post #: 7
12/7/2012 2:25:16   
legion of souls

Supported, but hard to program. But, don't take it from me I'm just an amateur programmer. I have faith in Rabblefroth
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/7/2012 2:40:38   
goldslayer1

@legion
hmmm
i dont know how exactly the match up maker works

but i would assume adding in a Combat Rating to items, and have it equal a total when equipped is simpler (in words anyway :P)
than making this be the match up decider.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/7/2012 2:53:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/21/2013 10:13:32   
JariTheMighty

So can I just go with a basic club and still win matches because others would have bad gear too?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
4/21/2013 10:16:46   
goldslayer1

@jari
if you have a basic club, you would be partnered with people of similar combat rating but still in the required level range.

this will only stop you from joining teams where everyone else is fully geared.
so if you think you would win, then yes i guess you could win.

so the partnering system would be more balanced.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2013 10:20:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/21/2013 11:03:58   
Sensei Chan

Supported But I Doubt The Developers Will Do This Its Alot Of Work And If Its Going To Be Done We Need Alot Of People Who Support This!

< Message edited by Sensei Chan -- 4/22/2013 14:07:42 >
Epic  Post #: 12
4/21/2013 11:56:31   
Dage the Devil

Supported
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Combat Rating
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition