Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Removing losses?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Removing losses?
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2012 0:32:39   
legion of souls

This is actually an idea suggested by i certain forumite whom i can't remember, anyways the title says it all.
Do you want losses removed from the game?

To be honest, it is a very simple solution to many problems such as certain players calling others "noobs" and well, you know the rest.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/6/2012 0:41:15   
goldslayer1

@legion
from as far as i remember, angels holocaust suggested it a long time ago.

really it comes down to pros and cons.

without losses, players will be able to not be forced to use OP builds to maintain ratios.
they would be able to use any build they pleased without worrying about the repercussions of getting losses because they aren't using "OP" builds

it really depends because, people can say they use "OP" builds for fast wins, while others use them for ratio.

others say it will kill strategy, but currently most uisng "OP" builds have no strategy anyway.

so in a way, i support it.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/6/2012 0:43:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/6/2012 0:42:21   
Mother1

I can support this. Without losses maybe so may people will stop obsessing over losing and actually have fun making creative builds instead of using all of the OP ones.
Epic  Post #: 3
12/6/2012 3:16:07   
Drianx

Supported.
That means win percentages should also be removed from leaderboards <- supported as well.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/6/2012 5:19:48   
RageSoul

Supported with all mah fingers up :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/6/2012 7:48:48   
SCAR

Absolutely Horrible Idea. This is the wrose Idea I've ever read on the Forum's.

This would defeat the purpose of "Epicduel" It's a "Player vs Player" Game, Loses are meant too happen, Just aswell as win's are.

Post #: 6
12/6/2012 8:27:01   
Stabilis

Might this cause some players to bullrush PVP with spam or speed builds if wins do not matter?
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
12/6/2012 8:28:46   
TRizZzCENTRINO

well 1v1 wouldnt have a purpose then, unless they release lots of missions for us to get busy with that involves doing 1v1
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/6/2012 8:47:51   
Renegade Reaper

UNsupported. if losses were removed, then EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in ED would go to a strength build. its annoying how many strength builds
there are RIGHT NOW, but can you imagine how INSANELY outrageous it would become if losses were removed? if everyone was a strength
build, without having to think about losing, just how mind-numbinly BORING ED would be? it would be the worst decision the devs ever made
if losses were completely removed. only players like angels holocaust, vix, and deathnightmare would keep playing the game.....
ED would lose about 75% of its player base if losses were removed. so if you want to kill ED, then thumbs up for a good idea for doing just that!

(im not trying to be a troll here, im just trying to help ppl understand what would happen)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/6/2012 8:55:30   
LatinLover/Martini

Losses should not be removed from the game... without them Recruiters wouldnt be able to determine the skill on the player, it would be determined if they have daily badges. Also blocks the way of seeing if they are dummying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/6/2012 9:00:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I've already stated my opinions on removing losses in an attempt to stop OPd builds.
quote:

People don't use OPd builds because they want good ratios, they use OPd builds because they want to win, something that cannot be changed in the game unless you award a win for just participating. If they want a good ratio then they do NPCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/6/2012 12:54:14   
Sgt.Rock

Not supported. You want less losses? Win more.
Post #: 12
12/6/2012 15:09:16   
STRUT MY MUTT

100% Unsupported. The stats are what make the game interesting.

If you remove the losses, might as well remove the wins too. This is fighting game, and as with any real fight/sports whether it be MMA, Boxing etc, the fighter's win/losses are always disclosed. One thing I especially like is how boxing tells how many of the fighters wins are by KO.

quote:

This is the worst Idea I've ever read on the Forum's.

Not the worst but near the top for sure.

< Message edited by STRUT MY MUTT -- 12/6/2012 15:14:08 >
Post #: 13
12/6/2012 15:13:21   
goldslayer1

people sure are exaggerating on this.

in most cases, it has pros and cons. and most people cant see the bigger picture.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/6/2012 15:19:27   
Sgt.Rock

The only people who want this is the ones with bad win/loss ratios. Of course they would support this, that way you can't tell if they're not skilled.
Post #: 15
12/6/2012 15:22:21   
goldslayer1

@sgt.rock
and what about the people with super high ratios that are forced to use the most OPed build possible so they can maintain their ratio?

u cant tell if someone's skilled either if they always use "OPed" builds can u?
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/6/2012 15:30:45   
Sgt.Rock

no, but i can tell if they got a bad win/loss ratio
Post #: 17
12/6/2012 15:32:11   
goldslayer1

@sgt
who wouldn't?

in some cases, many players with "bad" win loss ratios are actually good players who use creative builds and not the "OP" ones.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/6/2012 15:56:21   
Sgt.Rock

I use a creative build on my techmage, i have to since I dont have varium. My 1v1 wins are 3577 wins and 1423 losses at level 33. The only players i see at that level that have bad win loss ratios and are actually good players isnt becaues they changed their fighting tactics, its because they finally bought varium and can now win fights. And their ratios are starting to get better because of that purchase, not because of any creative or OP builds.

< Message edited by Sgt.Rock -- 12/6/2012 15:57:23 >
Post #: 19
12/6/2012 16:41:11   
goldslayer1

@sgt
and the varium allows them to copy "OP" builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/6/2012 17:42:22   
The Astral Fury

Lol are you guys legit, Gold Slayer or Legoin of Souls is being quite intelligent. You know how many times I have wanted to try out a build just for the fun of it or for to test one or god for bid just play a build for the fun of it, but I can't because I'm too self concuosis about my win record and it's just starring me in the face all the time, always worrying how I do in matches and I can't just enjoy myself or play a fun build because those losses are always there starring me in the face, making me nervous about every battle I play, "Will I win", "Will my record be tarnished", with this gone we won't have to worry about that and we can just play for fun, you guys are right everyone is so worried about how they do in the battles and their record they forget there meant to be played for fun, yes this is a pvp game and it's meant to be competitve, but that dosen't mean you can't have fun playing it in a relaxed manner. And OP builds used more, how's is that good logic, If there are no more losses then no one will be worried about their record and getting lot's of wins so they won't have alot of losses and so they won't be compelled to use them to get alot of wins they can just play any build for fun and not worry about their record.

Thus this is surported.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 12/6/2012 17:43:10 >
DF AQW  Post #: 21
12/6/2012 18:36:18   
SCAR

^ If you Honestly care that match about wanting to make a creative build without entering a "1vs1/2vs2" And lossing, then Challenge a friend, it won't affect your Win/Lose Ratio.
Post #: 22
12/6/2012 18:41:12   
The Astral Fury

But what if I want to test it out on reguarly 1v1ing with all the different classes not just one class and one freind, also to test a build it takes a while to perfect, to see what your weaknesses are, go back and change things, see how it plays against other classes and builds, what's the best way to play it, and how to counter other peoples builds without sacrafficing something in your build, it's a complicated process, and despite that point I shouldn't have to worry about their win record and just play for fun that's what I'm bascically saying here.
DF AQW  Post #: 23
12/6/2012 18:47:15   
hijinks

I support this idea, because there would be less people trying to get out of 2v2 when they have a "bad" partner. Who knows? Maybe with that "bad partner" the battle could turn out interesting instead of turning into an extreme massacre. 2 v1 when that one person isn't a juggernaught.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/6/2012 18:50:48   
SCAR

If your Honestly that worried, I can help you, seeing as your a rookie & all, when I make my build I think of everything you just said, and I perfect that, I'm a Beta player so I'm pretty good with these things.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Removing losses?
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition