Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Omega #BadFeatures

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega #BadFeatures
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2012 14:14:03   
Drianx

Omega makes me sad when I think I shouldn't have sold cool looking items when they became useless to me.
Oh well i might get some old seasonals again when they return, especially if they will be sold for either varium or credits, and not both.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/11/2012 14:14:44   
Smackie El Frog

This kind of reminds me of what's going on in the AQ GD about rares. Though they are different situations they both deal with rares that are outdated and how to revamp them to be viable options for players again. Here is the link: Clicky

Nexus and Skylar both have valid points...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/11/2012 14:35:07   
Oba

quote:

I see what you are saying as far as selling rare gear, but really I don't think you are being fair at all. The developers have had a system in place for the last couple of years that let almost any weapon you purchased become outdated as the level cap was raised and new weapons with better stats were released. The was solidified by the decision not to buff seasonal rares. Many people sold rares, old items, and promos, to get better stated weapons, so that they could compete. It was the system the developers had in place, and as far as anyone knew it was never going to change. I suppose its easy for a Mod to say "you should have kept all your items" because, you literally get every item in the game and don't have to pay a cent (and rightly so?). Saying now that we "should have known to keep our rares" or "that is all on us" is a little bit snarky. Sure it was up to us to sell the rares, but we only did so because we never thought they would be useful in combat again, and could no longer compete with them...and yet here we are at Omega, and all of us who have ever sold a rare are feeling a little bit betrayed.

Exactly. If I had known that I in the future, would be able to use my low level items I would not have sold them. Sure, I would still have sold some of them, but far from all of those I have sold.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/11/2012 14:39:25   
Nexus...

It seems the whole AQ thing is more about rarity, where as this (for me at least) is about the Art. I sold my Spectral Blaster a while back for the sole reason that it was extremely underleveled, outstated, outdamaged, and outdated, and I knew I was never going to use it again. Oh what I would give to have that thing back now. I think its one of NW's best...ever. Thats not the only thing either, and I'm sure others have many similar stories.

I spent 45 minutes looking for this buried quote, and I finally found it. I couldn't remember which Design Notes it was in, but eventally stumbled upon it elsewhere. To clarify, I think this pretty much solidifies that all of us who have sold any rare whatsoever have a pretty valid point when it comes to compensation (or at least an apology?)

quote:

As a general rule, no buffs will be granted to rare items. This is regardless of their status as Limited, Seasonal, Promotional, etc. In order to achieve a more balanced system of play, buffs cannot be guaranteed or handed out on a regular basis. This policy has been decided by the game staff and is not likely to change.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/11/2012 14:57:15 >
Epic  Post #: 29
12/11/2012 18:52:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above they said that it is not likely but not certain, so there is a slim chance, basically it was your decision to sell it so you cant blame anyone for it, a smart player always keeps his rares.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/12/2012 12:50:54   
Remorse

I can see why people may be angry about them thinking they can sell their rares.

I remember the design notes that mentioned that they would NEVER buff rares again.

In a sense this is still true since your not buffing it in terms of power rather leveling it up.

But still I dont understand why anyone would sell anything with such a bad sell back %.

Plus in most cases people who sell something are those who are too impatient to get enough money for the latest items.
When considering this it was there choice to sell there items to get something new NOT because they thought it wasn't gonna ever be good again.

Therefore unfortunately those unlucky impatient players have to handle the fact they sold there rares IMO.
Epic  Post #: 31
12/13/2012 22:27:44   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

You can always add an NPC that makes your character unable to receive exp. Each time you toggle between gaining exp or not, you would have to pay a small sum of money for his services.

We thought about this, but almost immediately threw it out.

To a regular player, it might not make sense why you would ever *want* to turn off experience. "Why would I not want to level up? I like leveling up!"
It's better to have a clear system obviously designed to make money and catch up, or practice your current build without outleveling it.

We also *want* people to participate in PvP in order to level. If everyone's busy fighting NPCs, it degrades the PvP experience for everyone else because there's a smaller pool of players to match them with and matching will have to be less fair.
Post #: 32
12/13/2012 23:01:38   
Remorse

^ I thinks its great, and look forward to making new characters and farming items before entering the PVP fully equipped each level.
Epic  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Omega #BadFeatures
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition