Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Free Retrains

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Free Retrains
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2012 18:50:35   
goldslayer1

Retrains should be free.
this will let lower lvls save credits and be able to experiment at no cost.

reason im suggesting this is because i myself tend to do 15-20 retrains per day when im testing builds

this will let all players be able to experiment with builds and change as much as they want.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/8/2012 18:58:35   
SCAR

I think your only suggestion this for your self.
Post #: 2
12/8/2012 19:17:40   
goldslayer1

@scar
if it was for myself, i would say "only goldslayer1 should get free retrains"

this is for everybody, there are plenty of newbies out there who dont have credits for retrains, and are forced to play with bad builds because they cant retrain.

and ED wants to allow more build creativity in Omega, this would help alot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/8/2012 19:24:01   
Gull..

Yes.. Or at lest it could be free the first two or tree time for each new levels to do a retrain.
or maybe the two or tree first time in a new week..

it could have saved me for thousand of credit :)
Post #: 4
12/8/2012 20:28:32   
Vypie

You are right goldslayer! Newbies should be able to retrain more easily so they can experiment with diferent builds, and not feel stuck to the one they are using. Since they don't have much experience many use not so effective builds.
This would help them discover and learn their strengths.

But I don't think a high level player needs to have retrains given away to them so easy like that.

I think there should be one of two options:
Make the price scale from level. Low level players pay less than high level players, and this gradually increases the higher the level.
OR
Give 1 free Retrain level 10, and every 5 levels after.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/8/2012 20:48:17   
SCAR

Not Supported.

I want to spend my credit's on something, why not just make everything free will your at it?

If retrain's became free it would cause chaos.
Post #: 6
12/8/2012 21:24:39   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@goldslayer retrain prices should be low for levels 1-20 but stay at 500 credits for above lvl 20 players. people are asking for so many free stuff these days, if you are not thinking about yourself but thinking for all low level players, my way is the best way to do it. if you disagree and say that retrain should be free for all levels then we will suspect that you are thinking for your own benefits.

quote:

if it was for myself, i would say "only goldslayer1 should get free retrains"

if you say that no one even devs would agree, so by using the free retrain for all players so they can have more freedom in build making would cover your intention to benefit yourself. simple logic

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/8/2012 21:25:42 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/8/2012 21:25:48   
Mother1

Not supported. This would only help those who want to jump to OP builds do it even easier then ever. Also remember retrains used to cost a whole lot more for players in early delta and back. The staff set it as a fixed rate to help the player save credits. Besides 500 credits isn't a lot of credits as it is and even new players can get this quickly. Especially with the unlimited farming that will be coming in less than a week.
Epic  Post #: 8
12/8/2012 21:30:08   
goldslayer1

@mother1
how this help OP build class jumpers?

quote:

he we go SCAR once again being dramatic.
its a retrain dude, its for creativity purposes.

i want to go explore builds for different classes, but its messed up that i have to pay 500 credits, when i change builds like 20 times when im exploring builds.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/8/2012 21:45:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/8/2012 21:46:24   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

Wait.... what? It would cause CHAOS? Its a retrain dude! It wouldnt effect anything. It would help for creative purposes too. If I wanted to try out 99 billion builds, i'd spent trillions of credits.

I support gold.

I've felt that it should be free for a long time.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/8/2012 22:01:43   
TRizZzCENTRINO

chosen one=enemy of trizzzy :P
retrain only makes sense if there is a price, who would retrain you for free? even though this is a game but the storyline involves with the order and rebel rich and poor, it is all about the money.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/8/2012 22:33:45   
SCAR

@Chosen one: I like you man, your cool, but sadly I have to agree with "Trizz" If retrain's became free the game would become boring very fast, their would be nothing to spend credit's on.
Post #: 12
12/8/2012 22:49:05   
goldslayer1

quote:

@Chosen one: I like you man, your cool, but sadly I have to agree with "Trizz" If retrain's became free the game would become boring very fast, their would be nothing to spend credit's on.

nothing to spend on? ur not very logical at all, how does free retrains make the game boring?

Credits will still be used for
- buying Items
- Bikes
- Upgrading
- Buying abilities
- Buying Boosters
- Changing look

credits and upgrading will take up a large amount. specially since credit wep prices are probably gonna go up.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/8/2012 22:50:32   
Mother1

@ scar

Don't forget that 500 credits is not only cheap, but it will become even bigger chump change when we get the unlimited NPC farming for credits.
Epic  Post #: 14
12/8/2012 22:53:07   
goldslayer1

@mother1
farming NPCs however wont affect my win record, nor will it further player skills.

secondly, ur average ED player will only save 500-1000 credits a day (if they even change builds at all)

this is intended for the non OP build bandwagoning sheeps who change many times on a daily basis that like to explore builds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/8/2012 22:59:08   
Mother1

@ goldslayer

However even though they don't affect your record they will be for just that testing builds. Also remember one change affects everyone not just one set or people. buffs and nerfs are a good example of this.

Plus don't forget lower levels do get free build retrains in the form of leveling up. especially at the lower levels where this happens quite often.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/8/2012 23:06:46   
  Exploding Penguin

I think retrains overall should just cost less, I retrain on average at least once per day, and this really takes a chunk out of my credits. I've spent probably over 50000 credits just retraining as a level 33-35 over the past year or so, and that's really just insane. All I wanted to do was try out all the builds I could with a class, and I stayed with the same build for at least an entire day, and if I didn't, I retrained back to that build later. I agree with low level players losing pretty much all their money just from over retraining, but that problem was definitely reduced when they made it the (your level * 20) price, and that it capped at 500. Hmm... maybe rather than increasing linearly, the price should increase exponentially, but still cap at 500? This would make it easier for low level players who are trying to grasp a strong build, but still keep the same price for the higher level players who know what they're doing. What I'd really want though is to have the 500 credit price be reduced by 20% or so, that'd make it a lot easier for me to manage my credits as well as experiment with as many builds as I can on a class.
Epic  Post #: 17
12/8/2012 23:10:30   
goldslayer1

@mother1
NPCs are never a good place to test ur builds, because NPC never hop to the latest OP class/build.

if i want to test a build, i want to test it vs players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/8/2012 23:15:56   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above lol slayer is like a super hard strength abuse bloodmage/mercenary. thats a good npc to test out op builds, vs geoge lowe then, without boosters if you like a challenge
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/8/2012 23:17:42   
goldslayer1

limiting the amount of retrains u can do is never good if ur trying to promote creativity. but whatever.....
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/8/2012 23:46:57   
Vypie

The problem you are maybe facing, is not lack of creativity. It is lack of premeditated thought when it comes to builds making.
Doing 15-20 retrains a day is a bit excessive, and while you may be trying new builds, or small modifications, the thing you could do is try one of the builds for a longer time, learn it, and find it's weaknesses against all kinds of opponents, before jumping to another.
This will both save you credits, and will give you more knowledge for when you tweak that build or even make another one.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/8/2012 23:50:12   
goldslayer1

@vypie

the other day i retrained like 20 times.
i was testing builds for BH. support builds, str builds, focus builds, tech builds, dex builds. and for different modes.

then i switched to tlm, and followed the same process. this is why retrain can consume alot for build explorers
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/9/2012 0:30:48   
RageSoul

Yeah it's kinda weird for those people who are disagreeing are saying "we gotta spend on something on this" and "it will be no good" . Wait , so you don't want to save up for something , and then you guys don't want to have fun by not using only one build with no hassle ?

But anyway , my support percentage : it's over 9000!
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/9/2012 1:00:22   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I like the point someone brang up.

quote:

Who would train you in real life for free

That makes me re-evaluate my whole opinion on the matter.

I feel like things like this are best left alone. There would to many players against it that it wouldn't be any good. 500 credits doesnt take to long to get. Once were in Omega you can just kill the lvl 30 mechachillid 15 times.

I don't think it's worth it. It's fine as is. Seemed like a good idea at first but the fact that some people don't like it makes it unreasonable in my opinion.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/9/2012 1:01:53   
LatinLover/Martini

quote:

Who would train you in real life for free

I never really thought of it that way. You make me change my opinion. Not Supported.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Free Retrains
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition