Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Free Retrains

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Free Retrains
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2012 1:04:20   
goldslayer1

quote:

Who would train you in real life for free

urself?
u learned to play ED by urself, u didn't have a trainer. >.>
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/9/2012 1:18:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yup from all these random battle drops and NPCs that gives you no loss and unlimited wins, 500 credit isn't a matter anymore, as i said before ED is a game but the only thing i like about it is that it is based on realife and every vendor or trainer is trying to make a living with their specialty, the logic still stays the same. and not really much people complained about it when they decreased the price, so not supported again.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/9/2012 1:31:55   
Vypie

I have a small suggestion:

Sometimes, when people make a mistake in their build, forgetting a point in one stat or requirements, or simply from distraction, they have to pay double, just to fix that minor change.
I think we should be able to Edit the last retrain. Entering a battle, logging out, and that sort of stuff would render you unable to correct your mistake.

This could save some money, that kind of money it is unforgiving to lose because of a stupid reason! xD
Epic  Post #: 28
12/9/2012 1:31:57   
goldslayer1

@trizz
trizz, you're a great artist, not so much a debater.

u didn't need others telling u how ED worked, so why do u need someone else to tell u how to retrain?
when technically ur doing the retraining. not them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/9/2012 1:33:38   
Vypie

Well, You, as a player character alone, do not have the ability to RESET your build. You pay for a reset, not to reassign the points.
Epic  Post #: 30
12/9/2012 1:42:03   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@vypie yup, the NPCs has the ability to reset your build :P you cant retrain by yourself, how do you train yourself in realife with stuff if you don't pay for a trainer or a teacher?
goldenslayer you are really not much of a debater, you just suggest this to benefit yourself from the first few comments by you, if you want this to benefit others then decreasing retrain price for low levels.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/9/2012 1:47:59   
goldslayer1

@trizz
or make it free and it benefits everyone.
stop throwing around flase accusations.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/9/2012 1:55:45   
Mother1

@ goldslayer

It is cheap enough as it is at 500 credits. Plus within the game you get 34 free trains (AKA everytime you level up) Also no offense to this idea but it sound like something for those who are real lazy. 500 credits is chump change in this game and it will become even bigger chump change when we have unlimited NPC fighting without it hurting your record so there is no need to retrain for nothing.

Plus as many players have said what NPC would logically give you a free retrain?
Epic  Post #: 33
12/9/2012 1:56:53   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@goldslayer for the past few suggestions made by you, you want things to be free because you are having trouble and doing a excessive amount of retrains, i test all builds but i only need to retrain 4 times because in my mind i know how the build is gonna work in play, im not sure how you can do 20 retrains but im sure you are not thinking very well about how to conserve your currency and being a strategist everytime you retrain and just come to the forums to suggest something because it doesn't work out very well for you. others are already asking for alot of freebies and this is unnecessary, just remember to make a creative builds that works next time and learn to conserve your credits. nothing in life and in game is easy :P

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/9/2012 1:58:38 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/9/2012 2:29:51   
Vypie

People that are unsuccessful at making builds will often change a lot, in hope to find something good. This is the same for changing class constantly.

Learning to prepare a build and being good at it may take some time, but jumping and swapping around does no good, it doesn't give you playing experience, it doesn't develop you skills and strategic thinking. Metaphorically, it's like a headless chicken running around not knowing where to go.

Fix yourself on a path, and take your time to gain knowledge! :)

@mother1
I must facepalm to myself right now! I completely forgot we can now retrain every level up! I still had my mind thinking of when you could only add the 4 extra stats and 1 skill point.
I take back my suggestion on the first page (of giving a free retrain every 5 levels). How silly of me!
Epic  Post #: 35
12/9/2012 2:43:37   
theholyfighter

Support., but need some changes since not every1 supports this.
I'm one of those who like to change builds around because the same builds are just BORING. In fact, it wouldn't lead to OPed builds...This isn't something like class-changing and btw oped builds need to have a certain amount of stats which in retraining deosn't change.

I was thinking about this though:
Set a range for free retraining, for example, 3 skill points and 12 stats. Within the range of changes, the retrain will be free. More changes than that, you'll have to pay the fee. This helps to change minor changes if there are minor flaws or mini mistakes after retraining.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 12/9/2012 2:48:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/9/2012 2:50:10   
Vypie

In omega people will be able to use any build regardless of items. Everyone can copy other builds at will, without being limited by stats.

The price is there mostly for players to think twice before making a decision. If they take it more seriously, they put more thought into it. If it's free, then coming up with a good build doesn't matter much because you can change 2 minutes later.

It is interesting to create a build, spending a bit more time in the retraining window, to make sure everything is right, instead of going with random experiences.

Hum... I like that idea! minor adjustments of stats or one skill point should not be compared to a full revamped build.

But it wont be of much use apart from mistakes.
Before omega, where items have stats, getting an item meant a complete retrain on the build, even if you just needed to tweak 2 points of technology (to get back the resistance you lost from switching to the new item, for example).

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/9/2012 2:53:58 >
Epic  Post #: 37
12/9/2012 14:48:17   
Tri Phoenix

i kinda of support this idea and on the other side i dont support this.
i always wanted retrains to be free but idont think now
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/9/2012 15:14:29   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Some things being said are ridiculous!
This is something that would help creativity!
If people weren't punished for trying new things, more unique builds would exist

Free retrains supported!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/9/2012 15:32:00   
Gull..

btw.
When Omega comes out, it possible to set the stat as you want on weapon and armor. What if those have to be changed?, should that cost credit as well as retrains??

Post #: 40
12/9/2012 15:32:28   
Mother1

@ blaze

How is 500 credits for a retrain punishing people? Plus as I stated before we get 34 free retrains (AKA every time we level up) Buy the time you are out of these free retrains you are at the top level, plus with unlimited NPC grinding getting 500 credits is a breeze.
Epic  Post #: 41
12/9/2012 15:34:57   
Mysterion.

I only read the first few reactions but.

Retrains are already lvl scaled guys.
A lvl 1 doesnt need to pay 500 credits to retrain.

Just letting ya all now.
Here's a screenshot for ya with my alt:
Clicky
The Alt is lvl 6.

But i support this idea. It wont help OP builds since they already can change but then without credits.
How can make that them more OP?
The build makes them more OP, not the free changing. Use your brains guys.

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 12/9/2012 15:38:20 >
Epic  Post #: 42
12/9/2012 16:12:08   
One Winged Angel1357

You get a retrain on level up that is a free retrain the only way I would support this is a free retrain after a balance update so you can look over the theoretical build works(just read the descriptions and look at the numbers) and see if you want to keep your build after the balance change or modify it.

Free retrains just for kicks and giggles Not Supproted.

On a personal note I use that farming period of 500 credits to take notes on what works in my build and what does not. After a retrain I do 50 fights and record each reason why I lost and why I won and yes there are some reasons that just read "luck disregard this information"
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/9/2012 16:55:38   
goldslayer1

quote:

How is 500 credits for a retrain punishing people? Plus as I stated before we get 34 free retrains (AKA every time we level up) Buy the time you are out of these free retrains you are at the top level, plus with unlimited NPC grinding getting 500 credits is a breeze.

i should remind u that it wasn't always like this.
there was a time when u didn't get free retrains on lvl ups. (this was after lvl 34 i think). so no, i didn't get 34 free retrains.
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/9/2012 17:00:59   
Mother1

@ goldslayer

When I leveled up to level 35 was still a free retrain. Plus even if you couldn't at level 34 you still get 33 free retrains which is still a lot of retrains. Plus we also get them whenever they change around moves. So when omega comes any class that has new moves will get a free retrain there.
Epic  Post #: 45
12/9/2012 17:02:07   
One Winged Angel1357

@Goldslayer while this is true times have changed and to change something just because you didn't get it whereas the majority is getting it is a flimsy argument
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/9/2012 17:13:13   
Vegafire

I Support this, although i thinks thats for my own benifit i tend to retrain 20-30 times most days to find fun builds to play with, not tankish - new build that adds variety to the game so thats 10-15k a day saved for me :P nevermind the 50k it costs me each time i change class >.<
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/9/2012 17:37:51   
goldslayer1

the point of this is to not limit players in builds they can make.
and to allow for unlimited creativity.

i can easily retrain 20 times if i find myself bored and feel like trying out new builds. (and yes i do think them through, dont pretend im a scrub >.>)
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/9/2012 17:42:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The retrain price is to make you think about your build before just finishing up. It's probably also to prevent people from spamming the servers with constant changes to builds(because you have to store that data when finished and then change it and restore it each time you retrain).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/9/2012 17:45:55   
Changen1223

I will support this.
Honestly, I don't care if it's free, but I care if it's not free.

I've quit in the past because I couldn't maintain credits. I spent it for one piece of gear or stuff like that, then found flaw in my build. Sure, I'll pay once. Then I found I actually don't like my new build. I look back, I'm too short on gold.
Now, with this build I can't win the battles to pay it back.

Since I don't have the build to earn it back, I'm stuck, then I ragequit.
I've never actually made it past level 25 actually.

That's why I support, but wish to add more:
If we can't get it for FREE, why not add a REVERT option.

You may revert back to your LAST build if you:
-have not logged out of your current session
-you revert within 2-24 hours
-you have lost X amount of battles
-other

You will recieve a refund of:
-none
-25%
-50%
-75%
-100%
-other

You may also get limited reverts per day with resets to max 24 hours after your first revert.
Perhaps those who have made a payment for varium can get it every 12 hours?

Just an idea to add.
AQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Free Retrains
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition