Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Can't think of a title

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Can't think of a title
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2012 3:21:30   
fhiz

I have a problem with criticals and unblockable skills. Massacre for example. I don't think it should be able to crit because it can't be blocked. The same goes for plasma bolt. It can't be deflected so it shouldn't be able to crit either.

What I'm trying to say is this: If there is no random luck based chance to decrease the damage of an attack i.e block or deflect, then their shouldn't shouldn't be a random luck based chance to increase the damage of an attack, in other words, a critical.

Sure if someone criticaled berserker on you it would be devastating, but at least their was the possibility of a block. but a critical massacre basically means game over without even the possibility of reduced/negated damage.

List of skills that in my opinion should not be able to crit:
fireball
plasma rain
overload
super charge
plasma bolt
multi shot
plasma grenade
massacre
stun grenade
artillery strike
surgical strike
toxic grenade

You will notice I've left out bunker buster and plasma cannon. That's only because a critical chance is in the skill description.

I believe that this would be a small and welcome change as it takes away one unnecessary form of luck without adding anything, and that's mostly what the community wants, less luck.

As always, I welcome any questions, comments, or ridicule. Just make sure the ridicule doesn't break any of the forum rules.
Post #: 1
12/11/2012 3:39:48   
zion

I agree they shouldn't have a full crit like blockable attacks, but to balance deflect there should be a weaker crit - <enter name here> - even for unblockable attacks. If you can't deflect either - like massacre - I fully agree.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/11/2012 4:10:54   
Mysterion.

I agree, but i think the only moves should be the class specials (massacre,surgical and super charge).
The rest arent that much of a deal.

Crits are their to deal extra dmg, so you may not just take them away and only put them on non-skill moves.
They are their for a reason, and if you take them away like that, the Support builds will become useless in my opinion.
Epic  Post #: 3
12/11/2012 5:23:11   
Mother1

Not supported. Just because a move is unblockable doesn't mean it shouldn't crit. Every move has the same chance to crit as any other move depending on your support other then cheap shot, bunker blaster and plasma cannon. There is no need to make unblockable moves not crit just because no matter what they do damage.

I have to ask you how often do these moves crit? Also when they do crit do they do massive damage? Some yes others no. So you want make unblockable moves not crit because of the few that can do massive damage?

Plus making any move not be able to crit even one is like a nerf to support and I can't and ever support a nerf to support.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/11/2012 5:31:53 >
Epic  Post #: 4
12/11/2012 10:35:13   
Teufel Hunden

Not supported. Welcome to life, some things are fair, while others are not. (although this has nothing to do with life hahaa) anyways. Not supported due to the fact that it could give lower levels a chance to kill higher levels as well as npc bosses. You say that criticals shouldn't be allowed on unblockable hits? Criticals are a part of the game, that is like saying if you punch someone hard there should be no chance of knocking them out. I find that this suggestion is selfish towards the one who suggested it and those who agree because they just dont want to lose and/or cant adapt to the damage and still have a fighting chance to win.

~Da Bomb Expert

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/11/2012 11:46:25   
Stabilis

Skills. OK.

Skills are not able to deflect. Skills are not able to block. Skills are able to go critical. Skills are able to rage.

Imbalanced when concerning battle mechanics. Energy cost? Stat requirements? Both are not relative to outgoing damage. Cooldowns are. But weapons have cooldowns. Warmups. Because skills have more damage potential than weapons. Imbalanced.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
12/11/2012 14:31:08   
zion

Really, there will be big changes to the game mechanics in Omega (based on a tweet from Rabble) so... really just hold tight!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/11/2012 18:16:29   
fhiz

I'm a fan of "No risk, no reward."

If you don't risk anything (the possibility of being blocked or deflected) then you shouldn't be rewarded with the big damage (a critical)

quote:

I find that this suggestion is selfish towards the one who suggested it and those who agree

^couldn't be farther from the truth.(Only speaking for my self of course) I first got to thinking about this after I 2 his someone with a critical overload followed by a critical plasma bolt with only 44 total support.(Overload also stunned, but stuns are off topic.) The point is, I shouldn't have won that fight so easily.
Post #: 8
12/11/2012 22:49:48   
Mother1

@ fhiz

Just because you are a fan of no risk no reward doesn't mean everyone else is. By making moves that are unblockable not be able to crit you are nerfing support since Support is what give moves the chance to crit, as well as unbalancing the moves in general. As someone else said lower levels who face higher levels especially ones that are 3-5 level higher then them will have an even harder time winning since their granteed his moves or ace in the holes won't have that chance to give that extra bit of power.

Heck even at higher levels there have been many times a crit had saved me from an OP build user I was going against.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/11/2012 23:18:07   
Blaze The Aion Ender

What happens to bunker buster and plasma cannon?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/12/2012 0:17:34   
Mother1

@ blaze they were mentioned in the OP that they would be left alone since their chance to crit was put into the desciption
Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Can't think of a title
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition