Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Win Ratios, should they be removed?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Win Ratios, should they be removed?
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2012 6:53:51   
RageSoul

Yep , still with this idea . I mean , i had enough of the previous days of Varium players that most likely build copiers lining up and ruining my win record .
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
12/15/2012 9:36:28   
Mysterion.

@ goldslayer

So because one person had a 42% we need to remove losses?
I have fun and still have at least 70%,.

@ Nexus

First of all, there doesnt exist something like to equal skilled opponents.
Even it they have samr build, they dont have same experience with that build and strategy.
And if the crit isnt with massive strike, then yes you should always be able to win.
If not? Hes just better ten you, face it.
Epic  Post #: 127
12/15/2012 12:12:06   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@rabble
That would be great!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 128
12/15/2012 12:19:10   
Angels Holocaust

Losing went from being our faults in Beta to the game's in Gamma and Delta, I didn't deserve to lose, 75 percent of my losses were given to me from the faulty RNG. A loss is a scar on my character, and it just looks wrong. Remove our losses and only keep track of wins, since our direction is moving towards AQWORLDS, we might as well have their system of no losses in place.
Post #: 129
12/15/2012 12:52:45   
Mother1

@ angel

While I know there are a lot of competitive players in this game like yourself, not everyone here is like that. If everyone was as competitive as you were then yes I could agree, but since we are all not like that then I can't not.
Epic  Post #: 130
12/15/2012 13:14:16   
Vypie

We can have Competitiveness without the need of worrying about our ratio.

Real tests of skill represent how good we are, not the amount of wins or losses. We should have difficult challenges to overcome, and tournaments would be a good way to show it.
What can a player acomplish from his skill =/= amount of times won vs lost. There should be more ways to show our capabilities.

For many players that are very strict with their records, such as Angels Holocaust, I would love to bring back the fun factor to them. Having this need is too stressful at least, and I have been in the same situation in many other games. It is NOT A HEALTHY GOAL.

We must move player attention away from the current records.
One way would be to implement a new ratio based on your last 300 battles. You can see your performance go up or down, and you can recover from a bad ratio, in cases you were a newbie before, or a credit player too, or fought PvP only.
You would be able to keep your skill in check, and past losses would not influence the ratio forever. It would be a way of accurately showing player skill!

If we have this, we should still keep the win-loss as statistics only. Maybe even only the wins, to know how many victories we have. This would represent game experience, and active players.
Showing losses in these statictics would not matter much, since players would rely in the Recent Ratio% to see how good you are! :)
Epic  Post #: 131
12/15/2012 13:32:51   
Combatoid

I personally think that the battles in ED are very random with luck factors and opponent variation. You can get a lvl 35 varium one round and a lvl 30 nonvarium one round. The difficulty ratio in pvp (1vs1 especially) influences the players Win Loss Ratio(WLR) drastically. I think that the usage of NPC's was a way to balance the players WLR and I think NPC were a very useful aspect. If players are willing to grind NPC's to show that they are dedicated I see no problem that can't be fixed. It makes sense to remove influence and the possibility of a player/alliance to abuse free wins to get achievements. However, when it comes down to it I think that NPC wins or any form of getting a better KDR would contribute nicely to ED. I am a bit bummed out that NPC's are being removed to be honest. I think that a significant amount of players are frustrated as well. Some days I was tired and just grinded NPC's, it was a good way to get wins if you are studying for exams or are already occupied with life. Also, if you are taking out NPC's will there be an option to reset your WLR?

I look forward to seeing the changes and improvements in Omega.
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
12/15/2012 13:36:01   
Combatoid

@Mysterion
I think with goldslayer1's post it was more about the principle than the raw example. He was just using one example, I'm sure there are much more people that feel the same way out there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 133
12/15/2012 17:16:06   
Mysterion.

We should never remove the losses.
It has always been like this, and its the only thing that really keeps me motivated to play.

I also understand alot of people wants it to be removed, but why?
Because you can then have fun again?
You can already have fun, no one cares if your record changed from 92% to 88% or even less.

People like Angels Holocaust and Buffy only NPC, because they want good records.
And now because they cant NPC anymore, she wants them to be removed to because its also a problem...?

No they arent, this is a PvP games people, not PvE.
Your record isnt supposed to be 97%.
Even the best players can get max. 93% without NPCing.
So everything above is npc, and because there ratio is gonna drop down, they want to remove losses so they still got there 97%

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 12/15/2012 17:17:37 >
Epic  Post #: 134
12/15/2012 17:29:34   
goldslayer1

quote:

@ goldslayer

So because one person had a 42% we need to remove losses?
I have fun and still have at least 70%,.

no, its just an example of players who use creative builds.
u dont see many more situations like these because everyone wants to use a set build that gets a high ratio.

quote:

We should never remove the losses.
It has always been like this, and its the only thing that really keeps me motivated to play.

so ur only motivated to play because of ur ratio?
doesn't sound like ur having fun.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/15/2012 17:30:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 135
12/15/2012 17:39:12   
Mysterion.

In 1vs1, yes it is the only thing that keeps me motivated.
In 2vs2 i have fun, you meet alot new people and someone always has something to tell.
In juggs i do want to win, but to see how my opponents struggle with beating me is already really funny to see.
W
Epic  Post #: 136
12/15/2012 18:45:54   
Remorse

My god people this is such a defeatist attitude.

Your guys argument is basically because balance and RNG is worse now we shouldn't have loses on our records BUT, Shouldn't we be asking for better balance and RNG?

Why say throw away the competitiveness of the game if the devs are seeming to start to realize its problems and improve it to the times when losing WAS our own fault to a higher degree.

All Im saying is WAIT, balance and game play may be A LOT better in omega.

Im not saying this because I have a good win rate, Mine is pretty poor when compared to most due to my lack of NPCing but I still think its a good motivator to do well in the game.

t
Creativity should be encouraged but I know it is often not now, This is because of poor balance and too many stats IMO that leads to STR dominating most types of creativity that isnt a tank or counter power in another area.

But thats not to say that this wont change.

Creativity Used to dominate,
Back in beta it was often the least used build that worked the best because it had the least counters or knowledge on how to defeat it.

We should be asking for THIS!, not throw away loses when ths may not ever change the balance at all.

Just because you cant see loses doesn't mean people will stop their current build copping and power following trend.

You need to fix the root of the problem.

My opinion anyway.

-Remorse Less.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/15/2012 18:51:10 >
Epic  Post #: 137
12/15/2012 18:50:34   
Mother1

Sorry please delete this post if you see it.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/15/2012 18:54:17 >
Epic  Post #: 138
12/15/2012 18:51:40   
goldslayer1

@mother1
wrong thread?
AQW Epic  Post #: 139
12/15/2012 18:53:00   
Remorse

^ Wrong thread mother,

Il respond in the proper one.
Epic  Post #: 140
12/15/2012 18:55:02   
goldslayer1

@remorse

i have to disagree with str only being dominated because of stat abuse.
if u look closely, the staff purposely steered it this way.

how so? restrictions on skills, nerf of field medic, nerf of support builds, nerf of focus builds, etcs.

it turned out this way because of the changes they did, not entirely because of stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 141
12/15/2012 19:10:02   
Remorse

^ I agree, it seems to have purposely became that way.

But that is not the way the devs are wishing it to continue anymore.

They are planning to remove most requirements first starting with every single wepons requirement.

And I have heard they will most likely continue to remove requirements on skills as they monitor balance after the change to omega.
Epic  Post #: 142
12/15/2012 19:16:10   
goldslayer1

@remorse

yes, the strength era began after ED slowly started killing other builds.
such as
Support builds - for all classes
creative builds - with more skills and wep requirements.
focus - u can still contend well with this, but nothing close to what it was before.

all that was left eventually was strength.
AQW Epic  Post #: 143
12/15/2012 19:22:37   
Remorse

^ I know I completely agree.

I can also state many more things the devs have added which seems to support STR the most.

such as:
-Azreal Borg
-Assault bot
- the fact a lot of wepon abilities make STR attacks stronger.

But perhaps they realize this now and are changing there ways.

At least that what I concur when I look at the changes made for omega.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/15/2012 19:25:26 >
Epic  Post #: 144
12/15/2012 19:23:38   
goldslayer1

@remorse
except now the devs were mislead to thinking that it was stats making str builds OP, thus they will be reducing stats in omega :/

and while they dont realize it yet, the system they are putting in omega (1 stat = 1 hp, 1 stat = 1 EP) will be power strength builds more than other builds. because other builds will now have less HP for strength builds to take down. thus leading to faster battles.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/15/2012 19:25:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 145
12/15/2012 19:26:41   
Remorse

^ I have believed that to be the main problem ever since they introduced enhancements on guns and auxs.

Maybe we're right?

We will see.

In reagrds to the hp / energy change

perhaps it will means STR builds dont have enough power due to substitution to hp to stop strategy builds from countering them??

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/15/2012 19:29:11 >
Epic  Post #: 146
12/15/2012 19:27:25   
goldslayer1

@remorse
did i mention it will be empowering focus builds aswell?
expect ED to be ran by focus builds aswell. (specially those android ones)

i offered my solution for this. see Here

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/15/2012 19:28:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
12/15/2012 19:32:38   
Remorse

^ Interesting solution,

But I think I will need to practically test how things are in omega before I can comment on this.
Epic  Post #: 148
12/15/2012 19:50:40   
Yo son

i like to say this to anyone who thinks varium players are lazy, look at it this way, credits player spent hours farming for credits so the buy weapon( farming credits=spending more time playing this game0 while) varium players actually work in real life so the can use the money the make to buy varium. working in real life is harder than farming for credits, unless of course your some kind of rich dude who goes to his office and plays ed and still gets paid at the end of the day. So please, some of you guys need to stop acting as if money falls from the sky, because it doesn't.

< Message edited by Yo son -- 12/15/2012 20:01:02 >
Post #: 149
12/15/2012 20:17:29   
Remorse

^ Plus most people purchased varium when it actually gave an advantage and spent a lot of the grinded credits on enhancements.

Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Win Ratios, should they be removed?
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition