Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

ED changing name

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> ED changing name
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2012 13:33:14   
killer the king
Banned

It's perfect if EpicDuel makes changing name varium]OR[ credits like 50.000 credits
Post #: 1
12/14/2012 13:34:35   
Mother1

Ok this would go into the suggestion part of the site.

Also not supported.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/14/2012 13:43:41   
killer the king
Banned

what do you mean?
Post #: 3
12/14/2012 13:44:47   
goldslayer1

killer, changing names to names u bought should be free.

the game already saves the name for u, may aswell be able to switch for free if u already own it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/14/2012 13:54:10   
Mother1

@goldslayer

It takes up space in the data base so making it free would cause a lot of problems name changes would increase drastically. Also I don't support this idea because it would be taken away another feature that varium players have. We already lost the power advantage for balance which is good for fairness however, this doesn't affect gameplay and is a convienace.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/14/2012 14:03:07   
JariTheMighty

It doesn't affect battle performance so no, it should be a Varium only feature.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
12/14/2012 14:03:07   
goldslayer1

@mother1
ohh im not agreeing with this either.

but i think its unfair if u bought ur name but cant change to a previous purchased one.

perhaps adding adding a limit in where u can only change it once every week/month?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/14/2012 14:10:02   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The price is to prevent people from switching names every single day as that takes a toll on the database if done rapidly and repeatedly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/14/2012 14:18:35   
Mysterion.

quote:

SLO X DRAITH‏@SLOXDRAITH

@Nightwraith_ED Can you someday make name chanches in ED for Credit ??

22uNightwraith‏@Nightwraith_ED

@SLOXDRAITH I don't think so. Luxuries like name change will probably always be Varium.

Posted Today.

As violence and darkness take over the streets, this unknown child
works to rid the streets of crime. He is the symbol these town´s need.
Although his identity remained a mystery for a long time,
he was finally unmasked to be
Epic  Post #: 9
12/14/2012 14:26:50   
goldslayer1

quote:

The price is to prevent people from switching names every single day as that takes a toll on the database if done rapidly and repeatedly.

ur saying if im a millionaire i can crash the server by changing names every 3 seconds?

but dont they "clean" up the servers every time they update? so if its like once a month, shouldn't be that big of an issue.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/14/2012 14:27:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/14/2012 14:33:06   
Drianx

@goldslayer1
I think you got the basic concept wrong, Changing name was not meant to be a right, but a privilege.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/14/2012 14:35:33   
Ranloth
Banned

Goldslayer, if it's a no then it's a no. Server space is limited and who says one person will change their name that often? Hundreds can and it'll strain the servers or something. "Clean" the servers? What if they don't? It's there to prevent people from repeatedly changing their name, end of. <.<
If something isn't feasible, it isn't. Nothing to argue about.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
12/14/2012 14:54:57   
goldslayer1

quote:

Goldslayer, if it's a no then it's a no. Server space is limited and who says one person will change their name that often? Hundreds can and it'll strain the servers or something. "Clean" the servers? What if they don't? It's there to prevent people from repeatedly changing their name, end of. <.<
If something isn't feasible, it isn't. Nothing to argue about.

so its not feasible because u want it to be that way?

things change, things upgrade/update.

revamp retrains wasn't "feasible" back in beta/gamma
is it feasible now? ohh thats right its already ingame >.>
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/14/2012 14:56:17   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

It wasn't feasible because it was too large a change for Titan to handle himself. The limitation here is the database. Just like why we have only 1k players on a server a time rather than letting 3k be able to pile in. Sometimes things can't be changed
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/14/2012 15:07:21   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Think back to Beta - VARIUM MEANT SOMETHING
Now - Non vars can OWN varium users
Omega - Varium isn't much use anymore.

Overall -- ED will eventually die. They need to do something "big" for varium players, e.g. more achivs when you buy the varium
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/14/2012 15:15:57   
Ranloth
Banned

If Varium meant nothing in Beta, how did we already get to Omega? Through Varium meaning something in Beta thus leading to Gamma.. <_< And no. You think it's only enhancements that are the main selling point for Varium. You're wrong.
Not everyone have time to farm a lot of Credits to enhance. Not everyone have Credits to buy weapons. That's where Varium comes in to save you time on farming. Just like it is now really, difference is that Credits are alternate route and more achieveable for F2P if they try as hard as they do now. There are and will be more Varium-only luxuries that Credits cannot buy.

Or let's take a broad approach to your "ED will eventually die." - of course it will! Unless AE will keep going for generations to come.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
12/14/2012 15:34:29   
goldslayer1

@trans
u realise he said varium meant SOMETHING, not nothing, right?
i think u misread his post.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/14/2012 15:37:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Either way, point is still there. Even if I cross it out for something instead of nothing, nothing will change in my post. Varium in Beta was spent on less enhancements since Aux didn't have it. Before you try to point out a typo in my post, please re-read it since it still makes sense. Likewise with my previous post, don't take too literal meaning of it since some things aren't feasible at the time, I nowhere said that ____ can never be done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
12/14/2012 15:44:38   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I'm not talking about enhancements.. I'm talking about the system as a whole. The weapons - some non var weapons can destroy 100% varium members.. I still think it should cost more to change class -__-
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/14/2012 15:48:54   
goldslayer1

@justice
cost more for credits yeah.
varium? nono
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/14/2012 15:50:26   
Ranloth
Banned

What F2P weapons? It'll be either Credits or Varium. Point of Omega is to DIMINISH the gap between Varium and F2P, Varium is only a shortcut so you don't have to work for it (farm a lot of Credits). And more? That's interesting in fact, some people said 900 Varium/50K Credits is already too high and want it lower whilst it used to cost 1.5K Varium & no Credit option.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
12/14/2012 15:59:48   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

It's still bad.. You might think this game is AMAZING.. But trust me, the encrypted code for this game isn't all THAT exciting. Sure, the database is well structured, but not protected. Players can crash the server any time they wish - sure they'd get banned.. But what stops a kid from remaking accounts? Besides. First you have to know how to do it.

The game is supported by varium. This is how they make there money. People only buy varium either; to get to their target faster, or because they want the stats and last but not least, because the weapon they want looks "cool" and "intriguing". Therefore because your probably a gamer and not so much on the programming side and money making profit side. You think within the box and not out of it. What makes a good gamer? One who can predict and ensure what he/she does is right in the manner of doing so. For example: I predicted last year at Xmas, CH would be OP, so I switched the night before the release.

Think before you post 'Trans'
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/14/2012 16:02:57   
Mother1

@ justice

Varium still give us promos what have slightly better stats that won't make a difference, plus we have access to features that non variums will never have such as name changes, token/credit/exp boosts, plus we get things faster then non variums. Varium still has it's advantage it just isn't mostly power based anymore.

Epic  Post #: 23
12/14/2012 16:06:32   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Varium nowadays is only good for the low levs.. Simply because people above lvel 33 have all the creds they need to do what they please
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/14/2012 16:06:44   
Ranloth
Banned

I don't think about the programming side since I'm not one myself, but I do take into account the profits. Of course there will be less incentive to buy Varium after Omega starts due to the gap diminishing but game is still changing so only because Varium "perk" will be taken away thus reducing the amount of sales of Varium, doesn't mean something new can't be introduced to make up for it. You're looking at it from wrong perspective yourself. You see ED losing profit as it is now but don't take into account what will happen in the future.

Besides if they are willing to lose out on sales for sake of players, then why should you worry? There is always a plan, they aren't as foolish to make decisions that would hurt them in the end. Players had issues with balance and many have quit the game & now, balance will be improved thus players may have bigger incentive to stay and invest in the game. There comes Varium and time issue. Not everyone has 24/7 to play ED and use Credits to do everything, some will need Varium to get the same advantage but will have to pay for it at cost of saving (a lot of) time. Just like it is now with Credit items that have Varium advantage and Credit enhancements. Players still buy Varium now so why should it be different in Omega? Because more items will use the new system and Credit enhancements will be more affordable (and Varium probably lower)?

Don't think of the Varium sales and using current state of the game. Omega has a lot in store that may have more than enough to make up for the "loss" in revenue that you claim will happen without knowing the future.*

* It possibly will but judging by what you say in your posts, you overexaggerate it.

quote:

Varium nowadays is only good for the low levs.. Simply because people above lvel 33 have all the creds they need to do what they please

Show me all the players that enhanced their top items fully with Credits. One set of weapons is around 500K Credits and there's maybe very FEW that managed to do that once or twice. So this is false. Buying weapons yes but fully enhancing no. Tell me about them promos too which top players don't buy yet you see them in-game with these very items.

< Message edited by Trans -- 12/14/2012 16:08:25 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> ED changing name
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition