Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED changing name

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: ED changing name
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2012 16:10:41   
Mysterion.

Mother1 is right, var always has some advantages.
But Justice is also right on one part, this game is easy to crash if you have some programmes for it to help you.
But since you then get banned, most players wont.

And Justice, i study Business Administration and Accountancy and before that i studied Retail Business, so i do know alot about the 'money making' part ;)
Epic  Post #: 26
12/14/2012 16:13:24   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

As do I Mysterion :) Currently on GCSE levs and at home studying the gaming market. The game is going in to a black-hole. My accusation is about the"perks" there probably going to release most of them (firstly) to Varium only members.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/14/2012 16:34:09   
Mysterion.

I think so to, after the 6th? 7th? month or so, the game will have a mayor problem because they dont get any profit anymore since people wont buy var.
Most of the people bought var to enchance their stuff to have a advantage in a battle.
Now they delete that, but i am not against it though.

But still, people will stop buying var since it does not give much for it in return, except some luxeries then.
I will certainly not buy var anymore since i already got everything i need since i can upgrade everything.
Epic  Post #: 28
12/14/2012 17:04:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Then your GCSEs are also not advanced enough since you don't even know the business plan for ED and AE. You don't know their sales nor estimates for it. I'm sure, at that level, you've heard of opportunity cost and something will have to be sacrificed in order to gain.
6-7th month because people won't buy Varium? How accurate is that data? Omega will be very similar to now in terms of Varium usefulness BUT there will be a bit bigger emphasis on Credits so I doubt Varium is perfectly elastic.

It's funny how other AE games have one-time payment and rely on occassional purchases of 2nd currency that may last much longer than Varium yet they manage to survive perfectly + make profit yet ED is supposed to struggle whilst being 2nd best game (AE) in terms of profits.

Before you ask, I've done GCSE Business in the past and doing A-Level Economics so I do know mu fair share in this as well.

@below
Yes, compared to AQW. And AQW is at the top outta all AE games so it's still 2nd.

< Message edited by Trans -- 12/14/2012 17:08:41 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
12/14/2012 17:06:00   
goldslayer1

@trans
second best in profits with a much lower player base if u compared it to AQW.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/14/2012 17:08:07   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Trans -- I'm a hacker.. I hack for a living. Parents gone. My computer, hence the reason the last two people who stole my 2nd 2account's emails were ivaded and stolen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/14/2012 17:16:33   
Mysterion.

Trans, its just a guess, dont take it so seriously.
I dont know there business plan, neither do you.
They can probably survive much longer.
Its just a guess of when they will get less profit and will need to change something to provoke buying var.
Epic  Post #: 32
12/14/2012 17:18:28   
Ranloth
Banned

But if they are willing to earn less profit - or so we see it as that - then there has to be a plan to get that profit back, isn't that right? Aim of each business is to make profit, not to lose it so there is always a 'plan'. Also if we engaged in serious discussion, it's only right to take it seriously, am I right?
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
12/14/2012 17:24:02   
Mysterion.

A guess is something else then a statement.
Guesses are someones point of view, so it belongs to the right of free expression.

And yes, they will need a new plan to make their profit, and they probably will find one.
Its a game, so they can make up anything they want
Epic  Post #: 34
12/14/2012 17:29:20   
Ranloth
Banned

Or it can be a normative statement, which is also one's value of judgement. Either way, if the change was to hurt the game in the long run then they wouldn't do it (illogical) so they must have alternative way to get it all back and improve gaming experience for us, players.

They plan on making new abilities for weapons, not ones such as we see on Delta weapons or Bionic or whatever. New system = new possibilities. There may be exclusive skills for Varium players so that's incentive to purchase some Varium. There's many other possibilities, pretty much endless. We can only wait and see. Promos are also pretty much Varium-only perk and always will be so that's another big incentive to still buy Varium.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
12/14/2012 17:35:31   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Hence the reason, I've been going on about "perks" - e.g. there will be a Omega weapon perk. Varium players will still have the advantage of getting the better perks faster
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/14/2012 17:38:56   
Ranloth
Banned

But.. that's what I said already before hence why Varium will still be relevant as it is now. :|
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
12/14/2012 19:33:57   
Nexus...

Name Change:

1) Should only be purchasable with Varium
2) You should be able to revert to a previously purchased name for free once per month

Argument about "server stress" is total insanity. Changing a name changes text, saving a style changes art (and/or text) which is much heavier in data. Either way, the impact of changing your style is greater then or equal to that of changing your name, so no real argument can be made about the "stress" on the server. Secondly, you already paid for the name, so why should you have to pay for it again? The same argument was made against changing a style you already purchased, and look, they fixed that! Thirdly, limiting the ability to revert your name to once per month would not allow spamming (imagine how many people change their style in comparison to those who change their name anyway) if spamming is the issue.

So what is the problem people?

Oh yeah, I've already decided I'm never buying var again. The effect on PvP will be minimal at best in the future, a lot of things can now be purchased for credits, credits will be farm-able, and that means Varium will be useless to me. But really, thats alright, because I've already paid a great deal for this game. Its going to be refreshing to not have to anymore.

Prophet

Epic  Post #: 38
12/14/2012 19:58:06   
Xendran

quote:

@goldslayer

It takes up space in the data base so making it free would cause a lot of problems

Looooooooooooooooooool.
Takes a tiny amount of space
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 39
12/14/2012 20:02:00   
goldslayer1

^
my hand was a bit sore after i facepalmed when reading that
(i keed :)

found it funnier how everyone else jumped to back her up >.>

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/14/2012 20:18:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: ED changing name
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition