Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Blood Rain (Blood Mage multi)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Blood Rain (Blood Mage multi)
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2012 9:58:08   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

You probably want the scaling on Blood rain to be this Dexterity (+1 damage at 50 Dexterity; +1 damage per 10 Dexterity after) so that the skill would have too low of a damage to even use so then we would still only have one type of build, the strength build.

Nowhere did he imply he wants this. He disagrees with your suggestion for his own reasons, other people do as well and you should accept it rather than do the opposite.
Btw, don't your other suggestion - Tremors - replace Bludgeon, improves by Strength and hits 2 players in 2v2? You seem to suggest Str-based skills and don't want Strength builds to be only viable build. Not mentioning the Ultimate which also hits 2 enemies with EP drain. It's too powerful combo already; EP drain, 3 skills hitting 2 enemies in 2v2, BL + DA coupled with it, and add Spreadfire onto it. That asks for a nerf which no one wants.

quote:

You tell use what would be fair scaling for all multis?

You say Merc's Multi and BH's Multi isn't on par with Plasma Rain yet your suggestion shows that you want even faster scaling due to EP and HP cost. EP can be translated to HP if Devs wanted to give it a shot thus splitting the cost between the two would NOT grant the skill ANY additional power. Your scaling would give unfair advantage to BMs and make BM's Multi superior by far to all classes. What would be a fair scaling for all Multis? Definitely not disabling EP regens for a turn and giving it absurd amount of power due to HP cost AND lower EP cost.

It doesn't matter it takes 15 EP. Taking any Energy is pushing it already. So what if BMs don't have EP drain? They don't need one. TLMs don't have a debuff skill. They don't need one and yet they can compete. Assimilate needs to be trained to very high level to be useful and it's still 12 EP at max and 6 EP to yourself at Lvl 10. Not mentioning it's blockable. Atom or EMP take more at Lvl 1 without need to bother with stats. Why so much? Assimilate deals damage and doesn't cost EP to use. BMs have BL so giving it EP regen or drain is already too much of an advantage. Class is fine as it is. I'm saying it as a BM so my opinion is just as valid as yours.
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
12/24/2012 12:08:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

TRizZzCENTRINO, That is the bases for the skill and any part of it can be adjusted if the testing results deals it will be OP in your words but not a single part of that skill is Over powered or overbearing.

15 points of energy players would know to add extra points to energy taking away points from their high health or the stat they abused.

A cyber hunter would use EMP when they go first or second which for some unknown reason they usually do then there goes the use of the skill but at level 1 takes
6 points of energy and neutralize the effect of reroute on the turn that its used, giving static charge one cool-down if not in cool down and if in cool down does not affect it. 6 points - 15 points deduction does not kill a build just makes a player adjust their points for more energy, just like they did when they knew Assimilation took 10 energy at max then they adjusted again when the amount of energy Assimilation took away was increased.

How Blood Rain scales is a suggested fair scaling since it takes both energy and health to use.

You probably want the scaling on Blood rain to be this Dexterity (+1 damage at 50 Dexterity; +1 damage per 10 Dexterity after) so that the skill would have too low of a damage to even use so then we would still only have one type of build, the strength build.

You tell use what would be fair scaling for all multis?

so why not try to adjust it now instead of arguing with us? it would save the devs alot of time.

why should others adjust their energy when you don't have to? sounds like bloodmages are meant to be superior and harder for other classes to deal with, this sounds OP already.

any type or amount of energy drain on a skill that also deals damage is OP, assimilation on tech mage is not that OP because techmages don't have health regain passives or passive armors. plus not only it drains 6 energy at level 1 but it also disables reroute for that turn when hit by this skill and makes static charge go into a 1 turn cooldown, anyone with common sense knows that this is OP.

how is it a fair scaling? it should just cost only 40 energy on 2 targets, it is OP because basically bloodmages need to only use 30 energy to use this while other classes have to use 40 energy to hit 2 targets. why didn't i mention that you also need to use 10 health points? because bloodmages can get that health back easily when dealing damage with this multi and on the next turn.

when and where have i ever said/mentioned that i want this skill to scale with +1 damage at 50 Dexterity; +1 damage per 10 Dexterity after? this proves you don't read my posts properly and making false statements. i am a BM and i don't want to overpower my class but rather have it balanced, i can honestly say that my class is already OP.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
12/24/2012 12:57:29   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I like this idea, but if the skill will have the additional benefit of reducing energy, it shouldn't be as powerful as other multi attacks. Also, it shouldn't cost too much health points, although I'd prefer no health cost at all. As long as it replaces the current Blood Mage multi and increases with Dexterity, I support this idea.
Epic  Post #: 53
12/24/2012 13:48:54   
Hun Kingq

TRizZzCENTRINO, I read your posts and you have not shown that Blood Rain will be as OP as you think it will be. Blood mages are hard to deal with now look at all the complaints. I am just trying to get variety and more beneficial skills that would give the Blood Mage an edge in battle since they were never meant to battle defensively but offensively in an aggressive manner. When Blood Mages had Assimilation on level 10 I got 48+damage constantly but the energy drain did not make a difference in battle.
To activate this skill the Blood Mage needs both health and energy and without energy regain and most likely being low damage if the keep the equation the same as well how much energy you get for each point for Omega it would be too much to have them give up 40 point of energy and 10 points of health if the damage is too low to get back that 10 points.
Do you know what I am referring to scaling, not how much health/energy to take but how it improves with DEX and I asked you a question for which you did not give me a solution.

”when and where have i ever said/mentioned that i want this skill to scale with +1 damage at 50 Dexterity; +1 damage per 10 Dexterity after? this proves you don't read my posts properly and making false statements. i am a BM and i don't want to overpower my class but rather have it balanced, i can honestly say that my class is already OP.”
That is basically everyone’s line of thought if it has those additional benefits than it should be weak in damage.
Since everyone want no damage then the energy drain should be on par with EMP but on multiple targets and affects reroute and static charge the same way. That way the blood Mage loses health and energy and is done within two attacks when by the time the Blood Mage uses it that player is low on health already.

Drekon, Thank you, I gave multiple things with this skill for staff to test and choose so they take the whole suggestion write the program and sees it is too powerful then they adjust the scaling, they see it don’t take away too much energy so they leave the energy drain amount alone. They test and see what happens with static charge and reroute to see if the player still can compete and if they can’t they take that part of the program out but if they still can compete then they leave it in. It goes for using energy and health if it is too much of a burden on the Blood Mage than they adjust it. If I would have made a suggestion on just a physical multi with nothing added they might as well give the Blood Mage Artillery strike, which players will complain about then it gets adjusted so now we have three classes affected by the change.
We need change to the skills that the staff could adjust that class without affect any other class.
Epic  Post #: 54
12/24/2012 14:03:20   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

@Hun Kingq, yeah I understand what you're saying. I've always thought it was best to put as much ideas as we can into a suggestion, have the community help to refine it, and hopefully the staff would see the potential it has to improve the game and go about testing it. Even if they end up omitting many aspects of the suggestion, I've always felt that was the right approach instead of rejecting the suggestion entirely because it initially appears to be too OP.
Epic  Post #: 55
12/24/2012 14:10:01   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@hun kingq since when did you ask me a question? and i already gave you a solution and that solution is to make it require 40 energy instead, also making it the same as plasma rain but a physical version of it since its what you want, you want everything to be physical damage on bloodmage.
blood mage is a aggressive class but it doesn't say that it has to be over powered to be aggressive, neither does it need to have a advantage with its skills over other classes to be aggressive, what you suggested it OP and the only way to retain all it's effects and making it less OP is to make it scale +1 damage every 5-6 dex. otherwise it is OP.

@drekon have you read all of his previous posts? instead of taking our comments into consideration he reflect and argue on it instead. i think he is stubborn.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/24/2012 14:12:23 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
12/24/2012 14:21:33   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Yeah, I read and commented on 1 of his previous posts, but I try to focus on the actual suggestions being given instead of the back and forth banter.
Epic  Post #: 57
12/24/2012 14:27:04   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@drekon the actual suggestion is OP if it was in-game without any changes, firstly because it would be unfair for other classes because their multi don't have much effect while this multi has the effect of 3 skills in one, and EP drain+damage+reroute disabling for the turn that the multi hits the opponent+static charge 1 turn cooldown+1 damage with each 2 dex points.
doesn't this sound any OP to you?

the suggestion itself was making the blood mage multi a physical version of plasma rain, but Hun chose to add these OP effects to it.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/24/2012 14:28:56 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Blood Rain (Blood Mage multi)
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition