Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Meditation.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Meditation.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2012 20:35:43   
Remorse

I have mentioned this idea a while ago but am bringing it up again for feedback.

Meditations tackles at lessening or solving the following problems:
-Starting advantage
-Blocks
-Stuns
-lagged skipped turns!
-Extreme power builds
-Buff the use of shields, but not tanks
-Gives an advantage to those who take time off attacking to setup up strategy, because currently turns are too valuable to afford not to attack.

What does it do?

Meditation is a fillable bar like rage but instead of an Armour ignoring attack you instead get a bonus Non-attack into a turn which would normally be just an attack.
For example: Player A smokes player B, Payer B already has a full mediation bar so in that turn players B uses defence matrix, THEN auxiliary in the same turn. (for example)
(NOTE: must start with a complete non attack skill or otherwise classified as turn which would NOT give rage (healing, boosters sheilds etc.) then must be followed with an attack skill or a skill which gives rage)

How to fill the meditation bar? The meditation bar has a total of 100 points to fill.
-If you dont start, in other words are second ( or in 2v2 both the team members on the side that starts second) then you automatically get either 25 points or 50 points, you get 25 points if your opponenet has more support or 50 points if your opponent has less support but started. (25 or 50 points)
-If you use a turn which DOES NOT GIVE RAGE, then it will infact give mediation by 1/4 of a meditation bar per non rage giving turn.(25 points)
-When you are attacked, a small 10% of the total damage of the attack is given to meditation.( excludes defenses) for example if a player uses a attack which deals 50 damage even though it may only hit 25 on you it excludes defenses thus, 5 points of meditation are rewarded.
-When you are blocked, even though you get rage you also get 25 points to meditation.
-When you are stunned you also get 25 point to meditation.
-If you skipp a turn accidentally eg. due to lagg, then you get a complete full mediation bar (100 points)

The result?
Starting advanatge:
Players who start can use whatever, but instead of being totally forced to player defensive it is likely the second player will meditate early giving them the oportunity to sheild/heal and attack in the same turn thus gaining on lost ground.

Blocks:
Often very game changing because they are basically lost turns, with meditation you cant get your attack turns back but at least you can heal etc. to make up for lost ground.

Stuns:
Same as blocks, meditation helps make up for lost ground.

Countering extreme power builds:
These power builds will likely give their player meditation a lot and early because bonuses are given based on total attack power and it is likely the oppnent will need to recover with shields/healing etc. which are much more easy to pull of and not lose ground with meditation thus making these builds counter-able.

Buff of shields:
Shielding is highly underpowered now with the new bots and this will hopefully make it more worthwhile to take turns to shield etc.

Lagg and skipped turns:
Which this feature it allows players who may have accidentally lost a turn to regain it to a degree in the sence they get a full meditation bar to use allowing them to get a free nonattack turn.

Advanatge to the non attack based builds:
They are in obvious need of help because they are not classed as tanks nor extreme dmagae dealers which leads to extreme complications because turns are too precious to use sheilding, healing, energy draining these days to do it alot, thus many creative builds have been destroyed and hopefully this could revive them.

More variety!:
With this it is possible many new interesting builds will arise for example the old field commander build would be alot more usefull and could be used in very tactical deadly combos combined with meditation.
and rage!

Side notes:
-Meditation IS stack-able with rage, so if you get both full rage bar and a full meditate bar in the same turn you could heal then use a rage attack for example.
-Bar should be placed above or below rage bar (close to it)
-If you get a full mediation bar but do not want to use it simply use any attack (rage giving skill) at it will be postponed like how rage is postponed when a NONattack skill is used.

Hope you like my idea,
Thanks for reading Remorse Less.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2012 3:23:39 >
Epic  Post #: 1
12/15/2012 23:23:30   
Mother1

A very interesting idea and it isn't OP either. I actually like this one and I could support it. It would help fix some of the bad luck in the game and it is almost unexploitable.

The only thing I could see being exploited with this one is if a person were to purposely skip a turn for a strategic plan they would also gain the benefit of a full meditating bar even if they did use it the last turn. But other then that it is solid.

I don't mind the non attack stacking with a regular attack but some people might have issues with this though.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/15/2012 23:32:17   
Remorse

I dont think there could be any possible benfeit from skipping a turn to then use that turn the next turn...

Unless you wanted to say suprise you opponent with say a FC berserk in the same turn.

BUT that would mean you didnt see it coming and be the player unawareness fault.

It doesn't even benefit to avoid giving mana to reroute because if you think about it, the skipped turn would of been a non attack skill and therefore wouldn't of given mana to mages anyway.
Epic  Post #: 3
12/15/2012 23:38:15   
Mother1

@ remorse

In a duel I had I remember my opponent purposely skipped his turn so that my partner couldn't use atom smasher to take his energy while my partner attacked him giving him the energy he need for a heal. Then next turn my opponent raged and beat my partner.

In a case like that it would benefit since had he attacked he would have been risking an atom smasher which could have took his energy, keeping him from healing and losing the duel. Now if meditition was here, he he had used it the turn before his bar would be empty. Then when he skipped his bar would have been full to use again. While this is a rare case it does happen sometimes and this was what I was pointing out.

In certain situations it would benefit and be smart.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/15/2012 23:41:34 >
Epic  Post #: 4
12/15/2012 23:44:05   
Remorse

TBH,

I think if you smart enough to skip your own turn then you deserve an extra meditation straight after, after all this whole concept is also trying to improve strategy use.

But yes that is a potential abuse. But I doubt it would ever be an abuser needing to be addressed.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/16/2012 0:05:45   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Maybe skipping a turn could add 50% to meditation,
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/16/2012 0:16:27   
Remorse

^ If need be that could be the case.

But dont forgot the fact that its 100% means it almost total wipes out the lag skip turns issue unles you planned on attacking both turns but still better then a lost turn.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/16/2012 0:21:48   
goldslayer1

quote:

The only thing I could see being exploited with this one is if a person were to purposely skip a turn for a strategic plan they would also gain the benefit of a full meditating bar even if they did use it the last turn. But other then that it is solid.

that shouldn't be considered "exploitable"
even right now i purposely sometimes let my turn skip (unless i can heal) so that enemies who are tech mage or tlm dont regain energy thru reroute to heal.
thats a tactic move, that leads to a win.

overall, i like how it helps counter heavy luck problems.
but the meditation turn should never be for offensive moves.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/16/2012 0:24:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/16/2012 0:25:57   
Remorse

^ Like I said the meditation move only allows you to do a NONattack skill followed by an attack.

You cannot do 2 attacks or 2 NON attacks with this.

Offensive moves can in no way give yourself meditation except for if you are blocked.
I'm glad you like it gold :)

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2012 0:29:30 >
Epic  Post #: 9
12/16/2012 1:31:19   
Rayman
Banned

Looks Nice I like it and it also counter most or all the luck Problems, So Overall is a Good Suggestion that can help the Unlucky players.
And I agree that this can make new builds types and this being StackAble with rage is pretty Good idea.

Supported

< Message edited by Rayman -- 12/16/2012 1:32:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/16/2012 2:02:20   
theholyfighter

O well doesn't seems too Oped...But just for one thing. Wouldn't it ruin builds that are made for blocking people? I know that some times this game is luck based which means you get blocked by people with lower block rates. Therefore, I think adding this gets it more balanced: The attacker( who gets blocked ) only gets Meditation when the player has a higher block rate than the defender( who gets hit but blocks the attacker)
BTW, could you explain again how it can solve "Extreme power builds "?

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 12/16/2012 2:05:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/16/2012 2:07:21   
goldslayer1

@holy
well, power build such as mass builds, are generally based on who goes first wins. (assuming no luck was involved)
as usually the person with mass wins because he gets to the 4th turn quicker.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/16/2012 2:13:27   
theholyfighter

O I see...So if they start we are half way through getting a bonus turn...
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/16/2012 3:16:56   
Remorse

^ exactly, gold explained it well.

Though dont call it a bonus turn, because its sounding like you could do more damage , you cant you just get the chance to set up stratey in between, for example STR BH may decide to pop in an EMP so they can use that with the meditation and avoid the massacre and not fall behind in damage out put for them to struggle the rest of the battle ( assuming then get enough to fill the med bar)

In terms of blocks,

People who make the builds to purposely get alot of blocks (shadow arts builds) could be helped out without making the unfair blocks to impacting,

For example shadow arts is in dire need of a change, perhaps it could be changed to involve meditate in some form or another.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2012 3:21:43 >
Epic  Post #: 14
12/16/2012 18:04:21   
arthropleura

The whole thing looks good and i would support but... im a support build. This would render the small effect of support in first turn useless or much less effective because it gives the enemy meditation and you would probably lose a round. And does a debuff in meditation mode count as two or one turn?
overall though, very cool. just dont like the first turn thing
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/16/2012 23:27:33   
Remorse

^ I added A slight change to help that exact reason.

If you have higher support then your opponent they only get 25 meditation if they are second.

However if you have higher support and dont start you get a whole 50 meditation.

Which will greatly help those support people who unfairly dont get to start sometimes aswell.

What do you think now?

quote:

And does a debuff in meditation mode count as two or one turn?

If you have a full meditation bar you can use ANY non rage giving skill or item incorperated into an attacking turn, debuffs such as azreal borg, malf and smoke all have attacks in them all give rage and therefore cannot be used as the non rage giving turn.
You could however say use aussult bot and then follow it with a malf.
Or say heal, energy drain, boost, sheild, etc and follow it with a azreal Borg special say for example all providing you have a full meditation bar.

The first action has to be a non rage giving thing, and the second has to be a rage giving attack.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/17/2012 0:24:24 >
Epic  Post #: 16
12/16/2012 23:35:59   
legion of souls

Nice idea Remorse! Supported!
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/17/2012 6:59:32   
Vegafire

Supported, Meditation will say comeback at those majour loop builds, i find myself skipping a turn to ensure they dont get energy back, or healing when it isnt needed, then hitting them hard before they can bring in their big attack's
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/18/2012 6:16:16   
Remorse

^ Thats a good point!

Epic  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Meditation.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition