Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2012 21:59:34   
The Astral Fury

Mother1 again it's the money thing we've spent so much mopney they haven't and now it's like all that money was wasted we spent it to be good to win and to stop losing. And now we don't even need to spend varuim (Exepct rarely, but much less then before), it's like it was wasted, we spent it to be better then the non varuim and to stop losing and now we don't need that so all thart money wasted I never would have spent if the rules of Omega were applied from the beggning.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 12/17/2012 22:01:29 >
DF AQW  Post #: 26
12/17/2012 22:07:59   
Mother1

@ astral

As I stated before I didn't spend to be better then non varium. I spent so I wouldn't be a punching bag to varium players. It wasn't fun being abused like that just because they had more stat points then me. Whenever I beat a non varium who is trying his or her best to compete with me I feel bad sometimes because I remember the same feeling they went through. Plus for me I got what I paid for to stop being a punching bag to a OP varium player. Now everything will be level and I can get a good fight out of every non varium not just some.
Epic  Post #: 27
12/17/2012 22:20:11   
The Astral Fury

I guess your right, i still still it's a little unfair though.
DF AQW  Post #: 28
12/17/2012 22:20:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@mother1 exactly, if you were once a non var and getting beaten up by variums, it is not a good feeling, and the devs are trying to improve the game so everyone can have fun so its not one sided.

@astral what is your definition of fair? we got what we paid for and thats being powerful and getting free wins from non vars, and now it is time for some fair change.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/17/2012 22:24:25 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/17/2012 23:21:03   
kaiseryeux21

@astral. the money you spent before on buying varium items as well as enhancements gave u the advantage already. i know u did enjoyed it. you pawned so many players (mostly non vars) and you are getting a higher win/loss ratio. the money u spent served u right. but it i think its time to look at a more wider perspective. It doesn't mean you paid alot, you must get what you want. i mean, isn't it too greedy.

my point is, lets give every player a chance. a chance to have the feeling you once felt when you are winning so many wins and pounding those poor non var (including me i guess before). Hope you understand.
DF Epic  Post #: 30
12/17/2012 23:53:17   
Calogero

quote:

lets give every player a chance. a chance to have the feeling you once felt when you are winning so many wins and pounding those poor non var (including me i guess before).

How about ' Buy Varium 'if you want that feeling?
If they expected us to pay the radical amount of Varium for enhancements, and then think about removing it,
that's subtle stealing in my book...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/17/2012 23:58:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above read the AE terms and conditions before you choose to purchase varium or other things, it is not surprising if they change or remove a feature. so if you think it is subtle stealing then it is incorrect.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/18/2012 0:30:03   
ansh0

Holy moley all of you bought varium to win? Not support the game?

I personally never bought varium for god-mode. I have not once used my varium for an advantage and am not bothered by this change.

You might also wanna read the ToS/T&C again.

Think of it like this, had the "Omega rules" been here from the beginning, would the game have grown to what it is now? Who do you think is funding for this game?

Guys Omega isn't here yet, chill.

Just my 2 cents, peace.
Epic  Post #: 33
12/18/2012 0:35:37   
kaiseryeux21

@calogero. I CAN IF I WANT TO. actually i did buy the elite charbringer claws. the only var weapon i have in my inventory. I find the claw great looking.

on topic, what im just trying to point out is that the dev's are trying their best to bring fairness and equality to all players. From the start, variums doesn't really gave you the assurance to win every single battle. it only gives you a slight advantage over your opponent with no varium. the problem is that the dev's somehow made many features that overpower the use of variums. (one of these is enhancements). now they are bringing back the actual purpose of varium which is quick weapon upgrade without spending too much credits or too much time farming npc's. wasn't it an advantage?? Again, varium only gives you ADVANTAGE, not ASSURANCE.

DF Epic  Post #: 34
12/18/2012 1:12:07   
Nexus...

Astral I will have to agree with you, if in fact we receive no Varium refund for our enhancements. When I posted above, I was assuming that such a refund would be given. However, in all games I have played, when the developers have gone f2p or changed prices, or when things people payed real money for no longer have value or do the same thing, those who supported the game before the change were always given a very, very, nice reward. I would be extremely disappointed if such a reward was overlooked with such a drastic change coming to EpicDuel. So if due compensation is rewarded, my post above still holds the same meaning. If none is given, then to heck with this game.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/18/2012 1:15:03 >
Epic  Post #: 35
12/18/2012 1:17:00   
kaiseryeux21

@above, im pretty sure they will compensate us. not fully, but they will give us something in return.
DF Epic  Post #: 36
12/18/2012 1:19:01   
Jekyll

I hope people who read this post will understand where I'm coming from.

When we bought enhancements, with credits or varium, we were expecting a permanent boost to our weapons. However, if the devs were to compensate us with full stat movements in our weapons, I would not be very happy. This is because I wanted the enhancements which strengthened my weapon, but I might not want stat movement since I'm already satisfied with the stat placement of my current weapons.

In summary, I might have wanted extra power, but might not have wanted flexibility. Hence, maybe a refund is the only viable alternative.

Please do not flame, I am just making clear my thought process.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/18/2012 1:25:29   
kaiseryeux21

@above. i fully understand where you are coming. i myself wasted variums and credits to enhance my weapons. but i have seen this change coming. enhancements is really one of the features of this game that creates the gap between var and non var players. it makes other players happy, it makes more players not. as a solution to this, the dev's find a way to level all players by making weapon upgrade available for credits. but still, var players have the advantage because they can upgrade quickly using variums, while non var still has to fight and win loads of battles in order to gain more credits. and everyone knows its not easy for a non var player to win battles specially against varium players.

a refund is nearly impossible, u know the reason why. But i am expecting something in return. Whatever is that, i still dont have any idea. but i dont think the devs will leave us with nothing. lets just hope for the best.
DF Epic  Post #: 38
12/18/2012 2:13:28   
ninja.fighter

@above i figured out what they will give but i will not tell until they release the update :P
Epic  Post #: 39
12/18/2012 2:43:17   
kaiseryeux21

^good for u. any clue???:-)
DF Epic  Post #: 40
12/18/2012 3:11:19   
Jekyll

@kaiser ninja doesn't know because no information has been released yet. I assure you that the devs will tell all players through the DNs for fairness' sake
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/18/2012 3:18:58   
kaiseryeux21

:-)
DF Epic  Post #: 42
12/18/2012 3:53:13   
Scyze

In AQW, you can spend thousands of Dollars and in the end, you become a F2P player.

We are not going to die because if this. We can all require a change. You had your fun, now it's the Non-Varium players to have their fun.

When Massacre got nerfed, there was a lot of hassle going on. In Facebook, there was a page called F*** EpicDuel. Then, slowly, we adapted to it. The reason was to make the game more balanced.

Sometime in the future, Varium will definitely be useful to us again. Stop bickering.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/18/2012 8:07:35   
Deiselman

My idea: if the PvP gap is a problem then give a bunch of other cool features outside of PvP for varium only
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/18/2012 8:31:43   
DestruRaGe

quote:

Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?
No.
To put it short: Varium players will still have advantage just not so big one like now and not too low either.

< Message edited by DestruRaGe -- 12/18/2012 8:32:00 >
Epic  Post #: 45
12/18/2012 13:01:16   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Why not have a seperate playlist for Var players? Like a dlc..
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/18/2012 14:52:10   
Darkoake445

I believe they will figure out a way to satisfy, we, the paying customers. However, I still believe there should be varium perks since it will be easier to get by on just credits. I was thinking of something like a varium only quest chain, where you have to buy an item for the first mission. That way only varium players, or players who buy one package, could access it. This would stimulate new growth in the game while rewarding and incentivizing current paying customers. This is a win-win situation and could only serve to benefit the game and the developers.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/18/2012 16:12:51   
arthropleura

Im sure well be happy, afterall, a games motives is to hook people right? Theyre not gonna be doin that if were all the same. Just calm down guys xD. Besides, with a bit of luck you wont be having allies with light blades from now on --'
Just believe in the Gm's :D
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/18/2012 21:45:38   
Average

To everyone who's saying how varium players got their advantage now and it's time to give it away.

What about the people like me, who never really spent much more than $20 on varium? Or the people who haven't bought varium YET, but was thinking about it? I was considering buying a varium package in Omega, but why would I do that? What motivation do we have to buy it after this release? If we're par with the people who don't pay, why would we pay? To have better looking items? Besides, anyone can farm lower-level NPCs all day in Omega, and laziness to me isn't a good enough reason to pay money.

I fear that people will stop buying varium after Omega is released for a while, because there is simply no advantages to paying. With no advantages, there's no motivation. Maybe not everyone thinks this way, but to those who would rather pay to do something than get if for free, well...

All I hope is that something worthwhile will be released for varium players, or else the people who rethink it will decide to no longer pay.
Post #: 49
12/18/2012 22:54:51   
Yo son

@Average, find out the answer to all this question, on the next total drama action!
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition