Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2012 23:25:50   
ashtonsdad

there is an old saying that comes to mind here. " everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get there". Well now is the time for all of us epic duelists to "die" and see what heaven is truly like. I love everything about this upcoming phase and I will be happy to see in a year or so how drastically many varium players, as well as npc farmers win % change. there is no way to ever make everyone happy, especially in the gaming world. Everyone is a critic, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, this game needs new players severely, and i think this is the best possible thing the devs could have done to accelerate that happening. I am sure there are some that will never be happy with this change, and even some will quit the game; but i am even more sure we will, in the very near future see many new players and see some old players becoming the best players in the game where they didn't have as much of a chance of that happening before. Mjor run on sentence i know, anyway kudos to the staff, as well as the mods that worked their tails off to make this happen!!!

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 12/18/2012 23:27:54 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
12/18/2012 23:27:40   
BioHazardCanibal

I kind of agree with this. But I was think more along the lines of, If they make everything either/or with varium or credits then they wouldnt make as much money because people wouldn't buy as much varium since you can buy anything and everything with credits only now. They lose alot of years of work. And also waisted our money. but as Mother1 quoted "I spent so I wouldn't be a punching bag to varium players."
I agree with that part as well. So all in all, I am not entirley sure what to think
Post #: 52
12/18/2012 23:33:01   
ashtonsdad

The thing is, people will still buy varium because they will want to speed the leveling process of stats and items. And the fact that you stated there won't be as big a reason to buy varium just goes to show that this is a move by the dev's for us, not against us. They know that varium sales may drop for a while, but with the (hopeful) surge in new players it should actually rise. I have also spent a small fortune on this game going back to alpha until now, there was a time in beta when i probably spent 50$ every week. People that knew me then might remember when i made a new faction name almost everyday, costing a fortune in varium, just for the lols. I love this game, and i am in no way bitter over this update. I think it is awesome, and as i said before, i am excited to see the new stars rise in the ranks, thanks to equality for all players varium and non. I have been telling everyone in all the games i play about epic duel now, where as i didn't bother as much before. I feel a bit more comfortable referring them to a game that will be balanced and not feel so much like a pay to win game.

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 12/18/2012 23:35:33 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
12/18/2012 23:35:48   
DillBagel

The problem with many varium players, is that they can't actually play. A credit player with the same items would crush them. Leveling the playing field a little more can bring a lot more strategy into the game, and that's without engine changes. And really, several thousand dollars? The only reason anyone spends that is to have tons of items, and that is completely unnecessary.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
12/18/2012 23:37:37   
ashtonsdad

There are many reasons people spend money on games, look over my inventory sometime. Do i have "tons" of items? No, and I have indeed spent thousands on this game since alpha dill. I can say this though, i don't regret it, I have had so many good times on this game and have never had the will or desire or whatever you want to call it, zeal? to play any other game than i did this one from back in beta. the reason i stopped playing for 2 years had nothing to do with me losing interest, or the "want" to keep playing, it was because i had real life obligations that no longer allowed me the time nor internet access to play.

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 12/18/2012 23:40:24 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
12/18/2012 23:53:28   
kaiseryeux21

agree with u there ashton. i was a beta player and i even remember battling you so many times when i was still a non var TM and u are a var bounty hunter. i lost a lot of battle against you, and i also won due to luck factor.

my point is, during those times i really wanted to be competitive thats why i decided to buy a little varium for myself to keep up with the pace. i did enjoy it, i win some, i loose some. as i said before, variums doesnt give u assurance to win, it only gives you advantage over your opponent w/o variums. The gap between var and non var players are really huge, lets face it. And the dev's are doing their best to somehow solve this issue despite the fact that they will loose tons of money with this change. Whatever the dev's are thinking, only they know why. On the first place, they are the one's who created this game, not we. Let's just embrace this change and enjoy a whole lot of new experience. I know no one doesn't want to be in the same situation for the next couple of years. If something goes wrong, there is still this forums where we can address our concerns, so y worry??
DF Epic  Post #: 56
12/19/2012 0:08:15   
Yo son

1 more day
Post #: 57
12/19/2012 1:16:33   
DillBagel

I know what playing back then was like. It was a much closer knit community. You'd go to Oz World 8 and know everyone, it was great, but as games grow that community is somewhat smothered out by many miniature communities, in which some of the level 35s I see now brag about seeing Fay Beee that day. I see time playing just as much of an investment, but if I could have, I probably would have spent a bit more, but really I'm still holding out decently with old items.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
12/19/2012 3:59:35   
cool preston

23 hours and 2 minutes till OMEGA. Not accurate because I have no idea what time their releasing it.
MQ  Post #: 59
12/19/2012 4:14:05   
Jekyll

^ I'm assuming it will be released from 6-8pm (Florida time), since it was scheduled for that timing on the original date.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
12/19/2012 6:46:51   
Deiselman

y not make a varium member card?

ill explaine: you can byye the card in game for a little varoum(200-500) and get accass to special areas,missons,NPCs...
nut not get any advatage inside PVP what do you think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
12/19/2012 6:51:22   
RageSoul

@above
Thing is , Varium is just currency , not membership . But although that idea is great ( for the payers at least ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
12/19/2012 8:50:29   
zion

Y not bring back Elite?

For 4000 AP , you are Elite and can buy (for credits) Elite-only weapons and skills that are just different, not necessarily more powerful. Plus you get access to other out-of-battle perks.

Obviously, whoever was Elite 3 years ago wouldn't have to pay again...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
12/19/2012 21:58:30   
Combatoid

I think that as long as the Promo Items give an advantage to their paying players then they will continue to make more revenue.
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too much nerfing on varium players in Omega?
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition