Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2012 19:04:33   
Jekyll

No one knows. Just wait for more information.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
12/20/2012 19:04:44   
kosmo

Mario please be clear.Will it be a varium only conest?
Epic  Post #: 77
12/20/2012 19:05:14   
Vegafire

@Trans
(Do Not Take this Offensively please, I am simply Stating Something based on your comment)

17 (Student)
Experience in Coding/ Programming, Flash CS6, Photoshop, Database, MYSQL, Able to work within multiple platforms (Linux, Windows ect)
Experience with the way EpicDuel Currently runs (Functionality In game)
Already Have/ Have Access to ALL software and Hardware Required for such procedures.
Due To Being A BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED NATIONAL ICT DIMPLOMA student work like this can be linked in with my College and Put down to Work Experience (No Payment Required) This would both Help ED and Myself as work experience such as this is highly suggested by Major Employers within the Gaming Industry.

That Would be Work Experience (No Payment Needed)
No Software or Hardware required as i already have the most up to date software and more than sufficient Hardware, as well as Free access to any Updated software as part of my college course.
Minimal Training Required as i am experienced to a Extent/

This would lighten ED Dev's workload by;
Bug Reports (Able To not only Identify but Adress and Attend/ Mend Bug's)
Visual (Less time spent based around visual updates as i can draw up designs to be Considered by the Dev's Based around their preferences of course)
Social (Able to keep the players in the know, Well with what i would be liable to mention)

There Are many people as/ more qualified than myself willing to do work like this for the "Work Experience", I'm sure if The Dev's Needed more Help they would address the Matter as Jagex and other game companies have done by offering Work experience and part time/ full time Jobs for Students and Other persons that meet the qualification specifications.

Only a hour ago i was actually thinking of Contacting Titan and asking if he needed any Part time Help (Work Experienced - No Payment required) as i think i could potentially make situations like this less stressful for the Developers and Players, Lighten The workload and well in return i would be gaining Work Experience with Not only a role model of myself (He had a idea and set out to turn this idea into a reality) But with a Major Company within the Gaming Industry Known Globally, Even with myself being in the UK when looking for work people would know of the company or be able to research the company with ease, If i even need to do that, with most companies like this once they are ready to move on from work experience the company will often hire the person them self as they have already had the training and are familiar with what they are working with.

That is All,

~Vegafire

The Frost Guardians
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
12/20/2012 19:05:38   
kaiseryeux21

^cosmo, yes it will be a varium only feature since you need to PRE-ORDER the 10k promo pack in order to get the ticket.
DF Epic  Post #: 79
12/20/2012 19:05:53   
Jekyll

Right now, you must purchase the 10k varium package to be able to participate. Fair, in my opinion. Otherwise, they need to increase to Top 300.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
12/20/2012 19:07:25   
xxmirxx

i hope not most wins in 1vs1 is it Christmas time soon i got spend time with family not play Ed all day that is not what call fun.
AQ Epic  Post #: 81
12/20/2012 19:10:42   
kaiseryeux21

i know this is suppose to be in the DID YOU NOTICE section but i have noticed that ED is becoming like Dragon Fable. First, yeti training (in DF, its like dragon training) and second this tournament for Varium players only (in DF, its like going into specific Areas available for Dragon Amulet holders only).
DF Epic  Post #: 82
12/20/2012 19:12:20   
xxmirxx

you notice that there turn into DF and little awq what joy NOT.
AQ Epic  Post #: 83
12/20/2012 19:19:07   
One Winged Angel1357

@Vegafire I was thinking the same thing. I personally do not have the skills to do grunt work but it really sounds like that is what the Dev's need on these massive updates, some code monkeys to do exactly what Titan ask of them no questions asked. It would lighten the load the dev's have to do and get some of the repetitive jobs out of Rabble's and Titan's hair so they can focus on the bigger picture like the skill overhaul titan mentioned in the DN
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
12/20/2012 19:21:35   
Vegafire

^ Im Going To Contact him either way on the slight chance that i might be able to help, Weather he needs or wants the help i do not mind aslong as i know i tried to help :)

~Vegafire
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
12/20/2012 19:21:58   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

How do you mean exactly xxmirxx ?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
12/20/2012 19:24:39   
Vegafire

Digital X i think he is taking a shot at the stat system currently in place in AQW which in my opinion only slightly resembles the one being put into place here as we have the freedom here :)

~Vegafire
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
12/20/2012 19:25:06   
One Winged Angel1357

@Vegafire good luck but AE has a policy of 18+ for all work the grandfather clause is for members prior to this policy change I have talked to Lycus about this in the past
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
12/20/2012 19:26:52   
kosmo

30 days tournament only for varium look just as a membership to me...So looks like ur not going to pay anymore for stats and power in general, but u will pay to have fun...
Epic  Post #: 89
12/20/2012 19:27:27   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@xxmirxx- he's saying that his name will be green until the next update. That's when name colors get changed.

I want to start out by apologizing for the continued delay. Nobody likes it, but Titan's taken full responsibility for the continued delay. I assure you that we're all running ourselves ragged trying to get everything *in*, and our testers have been on the server pretty nonstop (seriously, without them it would be more like "OMEGA: coming next summer"). Omega still promises to be the best update EVAR, and I hope that what we have planned will more than make up for the delay.
Post #: 90
12/20/2012 19:28:46   
Vegafire

Practel Is 16, For work yes but for work experience i think they may allow it, Besides I'm coming 18 in march and they cannot really complain if i offer myself as a free monkey to do these tasks :)

~Vegafire
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
12/20/2012 19:28:50   
Wootz

Firstly, I'm not dissapointed and I don't have much thoughts for the promo ticket. Maybe because I have money nada.
Secondly, top 100 in what? I'm sure it's not wins as it wouldn't be fair towards all participants also I've read a post of this being another P2P perk, yet F2Ps can buy varium items by credits in Omega.

Lastly, what the hell wrong with you people? Developers bust their buttocks 16 hours a day for more then a month to try to provide something for your joy! And you can't appreaciate that because you have nothing to do except to diminish their work! You should be ashamed of yourselves. What brings you cheer in life? Raging because of an unplayable part of game? Geez, I'm going through the same thing! Tommorow I'm 4 months in with my lady, I have a fight in 9.40 AM, I'm broke, I drink, I smoke, I can no longer train kick-boxing and I might be expelled from school. And guess what? I'm happy! Yet you're furious because a "deadline" wasn't complete! I hope your happy with your life. I actually wonder what do you do all day long now.

Unnecessary comment removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/20/2012 19:37:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
12/20/2012 19:29:24   
DestruRaGe

Eh Omega is suppose to provide a better gameplay expiernce for everyone and bam massive gameplay event - varium only...
Its not like I want some golden yeti badly, I just wanna new gameplay experience... Not only variums are in this game.
Epic  Post #: 93
12/20/2012 19:30:06   
Mother1

Ok Cindy I can understand. Just make sure the story is good since I know you can do it girl :D
Epic  Post #: 94
12/20/2012 19:32:11   
Whirlwindstorm2

@Cinderella- if the point of omega is to make the playing experience better for non paying customers, what's in the compromise for non varium players? Or people not planning on buying the 10k promotional package?
Post #: 95
12/20/2012 19:32:24   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Mother1- I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the story. Or maybe you will. It's hard to tell beforehand.
Post #: 96
12/20/2012 19:33:56   
He Who Lurks

@kaiseryeux21, I've seen your previous comments about how EpicDuel is not closing the gap between non-varium and varium, and how non-varium should be able to enter the competition. Now, would you mind telling how being able to have a "chance" at winning a golden yeti (which we have no idea how it'll function in-game) is detrimental to the closing of the gap? The sheer fact that EpicDuel is actually catering to the entire player population with the option of purchasing just about any weapon via a credits only option is a tremendous feat compared to the previous purchasing systems. Also, how else do you expect EpicDuel to profit? If EpicDuel gets no revenue, we[the players] get sub-par releases which I'm guessing you wouldn't want. My closing statement, we don't even know the logistics of this 1 month competition and I'm not fully sure if it was clearly defined within the design notes, whether or not the only way of earning a ticket is via the 10k package deal. In fact, lets take a closer look at this quote:

quote:

When you buy this package you will receive a ticket that will guarantee you receive the items as soon as Omega officially goes live in January.

From this quote, it seems like the ticket within the package is only being used as a way to immediately get the omega items. We can only rely on pure speculation for now...hmm

< Message edited by He Who Lurks -- 12/20/2012 19:35:26 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 97
12/20/2012 19:34:50   
rene196

It looks like another 10 days.
They shouldn‘t make so many ck
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
12/20/2012 19:35:12   
Hun Kingq

AE has more than enough programmers to assist Titan if he calls upon them but Titan and ED staff has more than enough knowledge and experience to get the job done so all you players need to calm down and back off.

Cinderella, you and the staff take a break and go see the Hobbit movie if you have not done so and spend time with your family.
Epic  Post #: 99
12/20/2012 19:36:25   
Vegafire

WhirlWind- A Valid Point but as Varium players have to Pay for their Compensation for the delay it would be unfair to do otherwise with anyone else, therefore if you want the compenstion you must pay which in turn makes you a Varium player.

Hun King ~ Thats Completely Wrong, Your comment was aimed At Me under the impression that i was suggesting they are lazy or can not get the job done right? If i was you before making assumptions i would look at my post on all threads regarding Omega, I have always fought for the staff and Dev's, Argued their point of perspective and defended their decisions, I know they are more than capable of what they intend to do but pushing themselves 15+ Hours a day 7 days a week is no way to go about it to satisfy their players when it can be avoided with some players like my self taking on the smaller tasks if accepted, They are not only depriving themselves of sleep but potentially putting themselves are risk with the way in which they are working at the moment.

I know they have the players best interest at heart which most people do not understand but i have their best interest at heart, I have Puptations in the heart which are causing panic attack's and potentially heart attacks, this was caused by the same thing each member of the EPICDUEL team is currently doing, Drinking coffee/ Energy drinks in order to stay awake and working long periods with less than 8 hours sleep a night.

~Vegafire

< Message edited by Vegafire -- 12/20/2012 19:43:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition