Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 7 of 11«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2012 21:57:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@they pick the players who came in the top 100, so it depends on how much you win and battle

@xxmirxx
its perfectly fair, first you get both omega weapons and the dark and classic yeti for free, then you can have a shot of getting a golden yeti for free. that means you get to have 2 versions of the omega yeti and a extra special yeti of gold.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
12/20/2012 21:57:57   
The Astral Fury

Gold- What else is there to compete for in ED, it's probably the top 100 in 1v1 that have the ticket get the yeti most likely what else could it be.
DF AQW  Post #: 152
12/20/2012 21:59:30   
goldslayer1

@astral
i was thinking maybe it was influence.
but it sounds like imma have to get active then if i want this golden yeti.

only question i have is, does it start when u get the golden ticket? or at a certain time?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/20/2012 22:01:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 153
12/20/2012 22:03:35   
King Helios

I'm really hoping I can get the Golden Yeti.

(Paypal account, do your thing!)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
12/20/2012 22:07:08   
Rayman
Banned

I think Ik how this Golden yeti tournament will work:
IT will start with the new tournament feature
They will do 100 tournaments
Each winner of each tournament will get the Golden yeti. :3 ?

AQW Epic  Post #: 155
12/20/2012 22:54:20   
Clutch

So, I interned at an investment bank last summer and I learned the importance of meeting deadlines. If you didn't meet a deadline, you were simply let go. No discussion, no excuses, that's just how it went. With that said, do I feel ED is like an investment bank? Absolutely not. But any rational person will agree with me when I say that someone who 'consistently' misses deadlines and constantly overestimates themselves should not be in that business. Period.
Get your stuff together Devs. Some harsh criticism but it needed to be said.
AQ Epic  Post #: 156
12/20/2012 23:12:29   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above how about no, the devs can do what they want with the game to make it fun for the players, they can release omega now at the deadline but it is nott gonna be fun for us, they run the business and this is not the same as other jobs like banking, so it is best that you have patience.
may i ask, have you ever run a massive multiplayer game? and always have to think up new features and art? if not then you will not understand. players are demanding lots of things, thats why it is so hard for the devs to think of a way to satisfy them, players want tournaments, fair game play and lots more.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
12/20/2012 23:21:04   
kaiseryeux21

^sounds like we are giving the dev's too many reason to delay the releases. It happens lots of time already. Everytime the release was delay, some of us simply say, "oh dont be too harsh on them", "be patient", "they do not want to disspoint you", "they're doing everything they can to make this game fun to play". As all this alibis were true enough, it should not be happening TOO OFTEN. i mean 4 weeks of no release, i mean nothing at all. and what have we got?? STILL NOTHING. although these PRE-ORDERED and the tournament sounds promising, it is only intented to few players. If they really want to ease the dissapointments that most of us feels, they should release some interesting features in this game, (for example, new missions, frysteland war, etc.). by that, we have something to somehow ease the tension. Many of us will say, oh this is just a game, we still have our life in the real world. Yes dat is true, so do I. But we are talking about this game, not about our lives. So in the end, Omega phase release fails again for the 2nd time.
DF Epic  Post #: 158
12/20/2012 23:23:08   
goldslayer1

@clutch
this is why AE should consider giving themselves Twice the amount of time they feel is necessary to complete omega.

delta took like a month and a half, and they had been working on it a month or so before they announced it.
why didn't they give themselves more time here?

i know the responses im gonna get "well its hard to determine when it will be done"

my respone to that, give urself more times. omega took a month and a half? give urself 2 months here.
even if u think u dont need 2 months, give urself 2 months. if u release early, then good.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/20/2012 23:24:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 159
12/20/2012 23:26:45   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The problem with giving extra time is that they'll end up being early a lot. Which will lead to us expecting the releases to happen early even though it's scheduled later. If someone tells you they're going to finish their job in 3 hours yet they constantly get it done in half the time then people will expect it to always be done in an hour and a half, even though it's been said it would be 3 hours.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
12/20/2012 23:27:32   
Mother1

@ kaiser

Cindy already said that these new features all depend on the omega update. So we can't expect them to throw something at us that isn't compatible with another system. Only thing I can say to the staff is give yourself more time then you think you will need for an update instead of giving yourself so little. That way if you finish before time people are happy, and if you finish on the deadline people are happy win win.
Epic  Post #: 161
12/20/2012 23:33:22   
goldslayer1

quote:

The problem with giving extra time is that they'll end up being early a lot. Which will lead to us expecting the releases to happen early even though it's scheduled later. If someone tells you they're going to finish their job in 3 hours yet they constantly get it done in half the time then people will expect it to always be done in an hour and a half, even though it's been said it would be 3 hours.

thats much better than having to come here and tell ur players its gonna be delayed.
i rather have them tell me "hey guys, early release" because they finished it early than them coming and saying " well we're delaying it again"

plus with more time, they can give themselves more time to test these things along with any other stuff that needs changes (i.e balance)

saying that they may release early shouldn't be a good excuse, since releasing early is much better than having to delay ur releases.
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
12/20/2012 23:37:07   
legion of souls

How about, everyone that is raging calms down. Delaying just means better quality for the long-run instead of having a rushed release and then having people rage about what they messed up on. Patience is a virtue.

AQW Epic  Post #: 163
12/20/2012 23:37:17   
kaiseryeux21

@ND wow, i really can't get your point. If the dev's could have a particular release earlier, doesn't mean people were expecting it to happen again.

Here's the catch. for example the dev's made a release 2 days earlier than they announce, then the next release they had it delayed for 2 days, then there's nothing wrong with that. They have an excuse because they had their previous release earlier. No complaints. But lets be realistic here. So far as i can remember, there was no certain release in this game which happened earlier. (pls. remind me if i miss one). that's the bottomline. The same mistakes happen, the same scenario occurs, and still nothing change. Im not being sarcastic or whatsoever. I love this game, and i admire the dev's for creating such an interesting game like ED. But this delays never happened to other AE games. So in short, there must be a problem that we players don't really know.

for the sake of CHRISTMAS, i will still give this game one more shot. i would still reccomend this game to some of my friends. But if ever they would asked me why this game always have delayed releases, sorry but i really dont know what to answer.

Loyti.
DF Epic  Post #: 164
12/20/2012 23:38:19   
Clutch

@Trizz
I have not run a massive multiplayer game, but just because I don't know about the art and features of this game doesn't mean I know nothing about how the real world works. And I know that any business does not want to make promises they can't keep. Including ED.

@ND
You bring up a good point about being early. But ED should only set a specific time if they're certain they can meet it and only in emergency would they not be able to. They set a date for Omega last week where there was obviously tons of work left to do and extreme variability, which was the wrong thing to do.
AQ Epic  Post #: 165
12/20/2012 23:41:33   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@clutch The problem is you're comparing a bank to a game company. Video games have a notorious streak for being delayed a lot, sometimes even flat out canceled. Look at Duke Nukem Forever for one example. It was announced back in 97 and only got released in 2011. You could probably search a whole list of games that delayed, several of which you would probably know.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
12/20/2012 23:42:55   
D.v.D.

Hey Clutch,
does LLC have anything to do with limited liabillity with releases time? Just wondering.

Thanks,
-D
AQ Epic  Post #: 167
12/20/2012 23:44:28   
SouL Prisoner

I think they pretty much made up for the delay, so i guess m fine with the delay ...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
12/20/2012 23:49:00   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yup the offer is tempting and it is the best offer ever.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
12/20/2012 23:57:54   
Angels Holocaust

I don't know know about this delay. At least they apologized and offered to give us a 100 dollar promo for 50. That more than enough makes up for their delayed update. If they did this for Gamma and Delta I would've gladly taken their offer to get the buy 1 get 1 free deal. I believe that they need to do this from now on, whenever they're late they should give us a big discount on items.
Post #: 170
12/21/2012 0:00:18   
legion of souls

@Angels Holocaust As much as i would like this, 50% is wayyy too much. I think this time was special because this was the second time they delayed it. Especially with a release like Omega where EVERYONE (Non-varium, Varium) is waiting for it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 171
12/21/2012 0:02:17   
SouL Prisoner

^^ ROFL

Supported :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
12/21/2012 0:05:16   
legion of souls

So, let's put this into suggestion forum?
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
12/21/2012 0:09:41   
TRizZzCENTRINO

then the devs would keep im mind to not give you guys any accurate release time for big events, is it me or are players trying to scam stuff off devs for making mistakes just because the devs want to make the game more fun for all .
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
12/21/2012 0:12:12   
goldslayer1

@trizz
just you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 7 of 11«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition