Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Remnants, a Tale of Two Brothers...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> The Remnants, a Tale of Two Brothers...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2012 0:33:43   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Introduction
There is a saying, that nothing is eternal, especially the good times. And yet, some things...even after they die out...or fade from popularity, never really end. Some things like, friendship, and love. Certain chains, that can never be broken, even by the mightiest man in the world. And that is truly what this story is about. How two boys, later to be men, greener than the summers grass, become two men, inseparable. Instead of telling a moral at the end, why not just explain from the beginning? Friendship, is the strongest chain ever known. Stronger than any metal, or stone, or man. Glacies and Grimlon, who lived, and will live, as eternal brothers.

Discussion Thread...

Thread moved to its proper Sub-Forum. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 12/21/2012 18:42:54 >
DF  Post #: 1
12/21/2012 1:28:38   
VolosTheNuetral

Chapter One
Glacies had awoken in a cold sweat. The dream he had just had, was quite vivid and detalied. His dream had contained images, visons of places he had never been, people he never met, and things he had never seen. The most startling part was the end. He was on a mountain top, with somebody else, who remained anonymous. Suddenly there was a flash of light across the sky, and a dark haze fell over. The mountain crumbled as Glacies fell deeper into the dark. This is when he awoke. Shaking his head, he stretched his arms, and rolled out of his cot. He stepped on the bare floor not minding the cold. Rubbing his temples, he stared out the window, watching the village waking up too. He looked over the horizon as the sun was starting to clear up the sky from the overcast. Shops were opening, and people were exiting there homes, staggering like drunks. Then, as if someone slapped him in the face, Glacies jaw dropped, and his eyes widened. His stomach curled and tied itself in knots. His brain felt dead, as his eyes rolled up in there sockets, and just like that, Glacies fainted.
AQW  Post #: 2
12/21/2012 10:54:34   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

CHAPTER Two
Grimlon moaned as the horrific images dashed through his mind. He thrashed and kicked at the bedclothes, as if he could fight his way out of the nightmare. The images hadn't been truly scary, but it was scary how he'd seen himself in places he'd never been before. A storm echoed through the sky, lightning lighting up the entire castle. Thunder rolled over the mountains, and through the valleys, as if a great beast was stumbling all about. But Grimlon could hardly hear it when he awoke, panting heavily. The room felt so very cold, for a summer night. He sat up and ran a hand through his thick black hair, which was soaked with sweat. Even his stubble was a tad damp. He pulled a light tunic over his head, and tugged on his breeches clumsily, and walked to the window, to watch the storm, until the sun rose over the crest of the hills once, more, as dawn broke, and the storm cleared.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 12/21/2012 10:55:14 >
DF  Post #: 3
12/21/2012 12:50:00   
VolosTheNuetral

Chapter Three
The sun cast light on Glacies' face. His eyes fluttered open, as they adjusted to the morning light. His mind raced, while he figured out what caused him to faint. Then he came to a conclusion. He had just seen his old mentor. The impatient old man, who Glacies had met a few years ago, was in the village. Glacies got himself on his feet, and headed to the wardrobe. He had a light leather underarmor in the back. Strapping up, he attached the iron shoulder plates, and the iron breast plate. He was geared up for an adventure. The old man, was sitting on a bench right outside the Inn. Glacies left a few coins under the pillow, and rushed out the door. He waved to the inn keeper, and pushed open the front chamber door.
"Hello Glacies. You certainley were in no hurry to greet me", the old man stated
Glacies sighed,"I apologize for my tardiness, it was terribly rude."
The old man scowled,"You lie. You were startled by me, and fainted. Your much too predictable."
"I know. Lets cut the idle talk, because we BOTH know your here for a reason", Glacies retorted.
The old man smiled, and told Glacies why he was there. A war was erupting between the Dark elves and the race of man. Adventureres and heroes were scarce, due to the war. Glacies and a few other adventurers, were left. The old mentor told Glacies, that he was needed for an expedition. A horse was tied to a post in the local stables. Glacies was told to ride it to falconreach, where he would meet his blade-brother...
AQW  Post #: 4
12/28/2012 13:39:53   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Chapter Four
Grimlon's long, black cloak billowed slightly as he strode toward the throne room. The silver skull on the back shimmered slightly in the light, the symbol of a Warlock. People avoided him, as always, staring, glaring, or even children running away. He was used to it, and could usually ignore it, but today felt...different. He actually felt somewhat offended, he knew he shouldn't have been, it was part of the curse anyway. But why did he still? He quickened his pace, and turned the last corner, approaching the heavy oak doors.

As he pushed them open he saw Jack whispering to another man.

"My Lord." He murmured, lowering to one knee. He looked at the other man, who was at least seven feet tall, with silvery-gold hair that flowed down his back. He was broad in the chest, with arms as thick as a bull's neck. He bore armor what seemed to be crafted of pure ice, with white gems embedded in the eyes of the lions' heads that formed the plates of his armor.

His cloak was white, in contrast to the night black of Grimlon's, with a silver sun hardly noticeable on the white. He held a matching helm under his arm, in the shape of a Lion's head, with an opening in the back where his long hair could flow freely. Jack looked up at Grimlon and said,

"Grimlon. This is Lord Glacies, last blood of the Frost Lords, and new captain of the King's guard."

Grimlon raised an eyebrow. "But, Your Grace, what about Ser Merrian? Did something happen to him?"

The King grimaced. "He was found bedded with a young serving girl, against his vows, and was stripped of his cloak. It pained me to do it...he was a good leader and tactician. But...it had to be done."

"Of course My Lord."

Jack straightened on his throne and rested his hand on the pommel of his sword. "You wonder why I've summoned you two. The two captains of Swordhaven. The King's Guard, and The King's Army. For each of you I have a task." He nodded at two squires, who walked up with an enormous black chest, then set it at the foot of the throne, rubbing their shoulders from the weight. The King beckoned that they could leave, then lifted the box with one hand onto the table in front of him, and smoothly slid his hand over the lock, opening the lid in one fluid motion. He nodded for the two men to look inside.

Two bundles of black cloth were inside. "Take them, Sers." Jack said. Grimlon and Lord Glacies each took a bundle and a sheath.

Within Grimlon's bundle, was a sword, with a gold pommel in the shape of a teardrop. The handle was wrapped with silver wire, almost a foot long. The hilt was a thin, broad piece, with the ends thick, to weight it. And to complete it, the sheath was pitch black and smooth as silk, adorned solely by a strange red rune etched into it. He hefted the sword, the handle fitting perfectly in Grimlon's hand as if it had been made for him. He slowly drew the sword, the sound of metal scraping on wood and leather filling the room. The blade was a blood red, and shimmered in the sunlight. He twirled in in his hand, feeling its perfectly balanced weight, heavy enough to shatter a shield, light enough to trim a finger nail.

The edge was sharp as ever, the very sharpest point as dark as the sheath, as if the entire blade were about to slip into shadow...

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 1/13/2013 13:25:01 >
DF  Post #: 5
12/29/2012 1:43:19   
VolosTheNuetral

Glacies lifted the sword from its case. He held it up, in the light of the castle, examining it carefully. He studied it, admiring its beauty. It was a nice blade too: It was long and sharp, with a wild edge that could gut a man in seconds. The Handle was a dull grey with a blue highlight in the cloth that wrapped around the handle. At the start of the blade, there was a demonic skull that seemed to be frozen. When he pulled the sword closer to his face, so he could see the fine detail. He pulled it away, when he thought he heard a wail from the skull. He gave it a few practice thrusts, as if he was fighting a wild orc. When he was done testing, he finally spoke.

"Master Jack, I thank you for this...amazing weapon." Glacies smirked at his last words, "I hope it will serve me well."

Glacies sheathed the sword, where it rested on his waist, being able to pull out, at a moments notice. Then Glacies turned to his new partner and gawked at him. He was quite the spectacle. With the long flowing black hair, and the grim face, which looked like the mouth had never smiled..ever.

Glacies quickly looked away, when Grimlon looked irratated. Jack cleared his throat to call their attention, and Glacies and Grimlon turned to face the king, and awaited their task.
AQW  Post #: 6
1/3/2013 0:15:33   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Chapter Six
"I hope it will serve me well." Said the Lord, smirking. Grimlon scowled. Arrogant fool, he thought Who's to say it's for you? As if his mind had been read, Jack replied, "And who ever said it was meant for you? Maybe I was just showing you the blade, ever think of that? The captain of the King's Guard should have some sense of humility, wouldn't you agree?"

Grimlon smiled. But it wasn't a smile of happiness, it was a smile of scorn at the butt of the jape. It vanished when Jack glanced over at him.

Glacies's mouth opened, then closed, giving him an appearance of a startled fish. "I...I apologize Sire...I just assumed..."

"Well you assumed correctly as it happens, but learn to keep your horse before you carriage." Glacies flushed bright red at this. "Of course Sire..." he murmured.

"Grimlon, the one you bear is for you to wield, how do you find it?"

Grimlon looked the blade up and down once more. "Beautiful, My Lord," He twirled it, up, then down, in a salute. "Is it for me to wield? Truly?"

The King raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "Don't believe I'll ever understand your uncertainty, warlock."

The name struck him like a blow, but he managed not to flinch. "I appreciate you using the name to my face My Lord...though it does sting..."

"I am simply trying to get you used to your title...you're a friend deep down...even though I...sense you for what you are..."

Grimlon inclined his head dutifully.

"Anyway! You were summoned here for a purpose, and you ought to know what." He shifted on his throne. "I have been...thinking. The world outside our borders, farther east of Battleon, farther West of Falconreach. Farther North of Dragesvard, and even farther south than Sil. And anywhere else which is yet to be chartered. I can't go myself, nor can I send a battalion, of any sort..."

Grimlon's head rose, and Glacies raised an eyebrow. "Do you mean to..."

"...Send you two, yes. But I do not 'force' you. By any means. You each have a day to decide, come back to me at midnight, tomorrow. He pushed the hands into place on the stone tablet to his left. Now go. Think...you may go now."

Grimlon bowed stiffly. 'thank you my Lord..."' He murmured. He strode out, his cloak a shadow, billowing behind him.

When he was back in his room in the high tower, he paced back and forth. Did he really want to leave? Everybody hated him...or feared him...but still, he was...comfortable. He walked over to his bed, knelt down, and pulled out a heavy black chest, with a lock in the shape of a Dragon's head. He rested two fingers on the top, and whispered the enchantment, and the lock clicked, the lid slowly rising. Inside was a horn, with a black band wrapped around the end, a knife, of a similar bone, with a black blade, and a large bundle wrapped in rough grey cloth. He lifted it out, and set in on the floor in front of him. He sat for a few moments, fearing to unwrap the heavy thing. He crossed his legs, and brought it into his lap, a tad anxious. He closed his eyes as he slowly unraveled the bundle,like a mummy being freed from it's bandages. When it was done he heard a faint bat...of his old heart...the rhythm of his lost soul...in the cold, heavy object he held. He lifted it up, to reveal a dark grey helm, in the shape of a wolf's head, a crack above the right eye, and the tip of the nose scorched black. It was heavier than he remembered, and it gave him chills.

He looked at the window, at the opposite tower, the Captain's tower, where Glacies probably was. He looked at the door, which he had made sure was locked tight. Will the Icy fool do it? Will he really forsake his titles? And his lands? Does he even have an heir? Or does he not need one? So many questions came into his head at once until finally he made his decision. Raising the horrific metal mask above his head, he pulled it gently down over his thick, black hair...

DF  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> The Remnants, a Tale of Two Brothers...
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition