Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Is it worth buying varium?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Is it worth buying varium?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/25/2012 17:57:42   
TalkToMuchFor2Long

Will it be worth buying varium besides using it to buy inventory slots or friend slots?

My question: I do not know about this, but will weapons (Non-varium and varium) have the same damage and stats when they are fully upgraded?
Post #: 1
12/25/2012 18:20:24   
Nexus...

I know I will never be buying Varium again because I will be able to survive without it. That said, I wouldn't have anyway. Its alright though, because I've spent more on this 2D browser MMORPG than I have on most other games I have ever played.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 2
12/25/2012 18:28:38   
The Astral Fury

No one will have an advantage, all the varuim you bought has been a waste because we could have just waited and saved thousands, but now it's gone to waste you might say it hasn't, but it has and I guess it makes sense to reward the 0$ players more than the the 1000$ players. I don't want a gap, but it makes sense there is one paying players should be stronger then non paying players in a game tis is pure logic and let me tell you this. If I'm paying money ON ANIMATED PIXELS I'VE DESERVE TO BE BETTER THEN THE PLAYERS WHO DON'T PAY. Sorry about that ,but at the end of the day if I've spent money on animated pixels my pixels should be better then there pixels lol. Where's are reward staff? The players who've kept your game alive you'd be nothing without us (No offense just trying to make a point), You've given the players who have supported you the very least the same advantage as the players who have where is ARE reward? Don't give me any cop outs like you payed for it then now things have changed or there was never meant to be a gap and stuff like that. I didn't spend money to get an easy way to access weaponds I did it so I wouldn't constantly lose because that gap that was never mean to be made was made and we have only the staff to blame. I payed to be powerful other wise I wouldn't have spent money on stupid pixels if I knew it's jus take me a little more time. I'm not asking for a refund in varuim, but staff c'mon is this how you repay us?

Long story short no it won't be wroth buying varuim, you'll just need a few more hourse to get what you want, but overall it was always not worth buyng varuim I'm disipointed I really am.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 12/25/2012 18:33:25 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
12/25/2012 18:33:51   
Angels Holocaust

The economy is getting worse by the day in the United States. A 50 dollar package is just a lot now, I can't spare the money anymore, so I'm going to have to farm npcs all day for credits.
Post #: 4
12/25/2012 18:36:06   
button33

Varium completely lost its use... Its just a shortcut, but like Angel's said, 50 dollars is a lot.

Every weapon is going to be on par, same stats, same damage. Varium completely lost its edge. I wouldnt mind it as much if weapons bought with varium gave 2 to 3 extra stats. Its a small gap, but its better than before.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/25/2012 18:36:48   
Mother1

For me I will still get varium, but as for buying it no I won't. I will just farm the offers and hold onto my points and if I see a promo that I like (A new bot that is exclusive to varium players for example) I will use my saved points for it otherwise I will just farm for credits.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/25/2012 18:38:11 >
Epic  Post #: 6
12/25/2012 18:37:52   
The Astral Fury

I think it's disgusting they'd even make us pay that much AQW isn't even that bad (unless your a colector which I don't sugguest doing) with this currnecy system why is a 3 cm pixel on a screen should cost 20$ to use I don't know, honestly you can spend the 10k paclage in a minute no joke a minute especially if it's your first time buying varuim, varuim so expensive in game and to buy two items and enchnce them you've already wasted half of your money. And after they make us pay that much money because of that HUGE gap that apparnetly wasn't suppose to be made cause of their studpity they just give the 0$ players the same advantage.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 12/25/2012 18:40:30 >
DF AQW  Post #: 7
12/25/2012 18:44:48   
BadWitch

Well i agree with The Astral Fury,is not fair for the pll who invested so much money in the game.Some of us made sacrifices to stay in competition .But the big question is ,they will change base stats to all weapons,or they just take us the enhancement?And what about the weps that have 36 damage,i guess they will take that to.
And to answer to this post question....really ....Who will buy varium now....who?

< Message edited by BadWitch -- 12/25/2012 19:45:54 >

Epic  Post #: 8
12/25/2012 21:47:42   
xxmirxx

$50 was always alot of money for this game for me it should be like 29.99 or 39.99 but nothing more then that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
12/25/2012 22:03:28   
KEzAx

i agree with The Astral Fury and xxmirxx
Epic  Post #: 10
12/25/2012 22:07:49   
sky222

Time isn't free, and F2P will be spending days upon days of playtime trying to get better pixels.
Or you could do it in 3 minutes
And if you've spent hundreds of dollars on this game, then you must've been playing for a loooong time and therefore you already got your advantage. Kinda like you could spend $300 on an iPhone 4 or $100 on an iPhone but then the iPhone 5 comes out which is (in this example) so breathtaking that everyone pays the $400 for an iPhone 5 and now everyone has the same thing but the previous iPhone users lost out for the time being

< Message edited by sky222 -- 12/25/2012 22:13:43 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/25/2012 22:17:09   
rej

There was a period of time when it was worth buying varium, due to certain classes and items currently available that made buying varium especially worthwhile. Otherwise, no, spending a large amount for a very small power advantage in a very small 2D game is not worthwhile.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/26/2012 0:52:59   
Deiselman

I think there should be a little gap in the non-varium and varium like varium weps having +3 stats over non-varium cause wright now the gap is so deep that varium players can have +45 more stats than non-varium
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/26/2012 4:19:46   
zion

There will always be a power gap between Varium and non-varium. In a pvp game, even a "more strategic" special will be the difference between winning and losing. Look at the recent armors: Winter armors have passive -5 energy for 3 rounds, delta has -20 support, PP has the most OP attack ever... these advantages will be more pronounced when there are fewer stats to go around! Uh oh, I may be convincing myself here...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/27/2012 7:49:18   
kingpowerlord

IMO its gonna be worthless, no need for varium except for convenience, im kinda feeling ripped off.

However its all your fault, you people were the ones complaining that the devs give in to easily to peoples thoughts, so they changed that, you can not blame them now.

~the great bountyv2

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/29/2012 2:46:16   
Metallico

i wont buy varium because it is useless knowing i can get any item without paying
Epic  Post #: 16
12/29/2012 3:35:09   
Vypie

There will be weapons with unique, exclusive specials that you wont be able to get any other way

@king
They changed it not because players were complaining, but because players were quitting the game at some point. In this game we had to spend varium almost constantly to be competitive.

Non-varium players kept quitting as they got closer to level cap. I have been in that situation when I was 28,29, 30 at the time, when the cap was 33, 34... and I would literally face a wall against pimped varium players. But I swallowed some losses and I did not quit, because I wanted to surpass the challenge. Many players keep leaving in that situation, though.

Even paying players were struggling. Not everyone could afford the rapid stat inflation. Weapons got better and better every update, or players would not care for them. So they kept giving them more and more stats. This resulted in Weapons that got replaced quickly. Weapons that got outdated in just a few months.
Those players would stop paying, and they would now be devoured, or leave the game.

Players looking for a new game to play were turned off by the idea of Pay-to-Win. And expensive too keep up too. The game isn't getting that many new players... and would they even reach level cap like this?.

The Developers are making these changes so the players can equally enjoy the game. New players will feel welcome, non-varium players will stand up, and current payers will not need to waste so much money on short-lasting upgrades.
Even better, The game will be able to become much more balanced! Since there isn't a huge difference now between players, Stats and skills will be easier to balance and adjust, and it will be also easier to spot if something is wrong, Overpowered, or Underpowered.

They are doing this for the sake of the game as a whole! They didn't even pretend it to be like this in the first place.
Epic  Post #: 17
12/29/2012 4:15:05   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I will buy one more 10k var pack, then I'm done
I hopefully will get this 10k pack, because I want it, but I want this one awesome steampunk watch/compass more ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/29/2012 7:27:48   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yup as Vypie said, people are quitting because they can't keep up by constantly needing to pay $50 per release to keep up and have a advantage, tell me would you rather spend $50 per month on ED or would you rather buy the promo you like and not being forced to do it.

all you are thinking is negatives, and forgetting the positives, in omega the positives out number the negatives.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/29/2012 10:01:23   
Ranloth
Banned

People buy a lot of ACs in AQW for sake of looks or a shortcut to classes, no one moans about that. There are items that cost 1-2K ACs for sake of looks, where's the point in that? Here you can get special ability and make a difference in fight instead of mere look which is already ~half black.
Membership you say? It provides even less benefits than ACs, ACs are generally better way to go unless there are some "very" good items you need Membership for. Your looks don't affect anything so why do people still buy ACs then? Shortcut and looks. Here you will get some special Varium-only abilities (promo ones) or some exclusive perks. >_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/29/2012 10:22:31   
One Winged Angel1357

Okay I saw something in this topic that is just so wrong I had to correct it. A pixel is a unit of measurement you cannot have a 3 cm pixel that is a 3 cm collection of pixels.

On Topic:
I do have my varium alt but I rarely get varium on her because it wasn't really something I needed to work but if I see a really sick promo pop up that is Varium only I might just grab it for my alt. My definition of really sick is exclusive ability, great looks, and energy primary/physical sidearm aux, or a robot that is more useful than Gamma bot for that accounts play style
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/29/2012 16:35:16   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Yes and no... The Dev's will obv make a promo weapon for just varium users.. i.e. like Beta. The Omega weapons will have the upper-hand in most cases - Thanks TrizZ. This will be because of their special abilities.. Your also forgetting one thing... If you spent money on enhancements.. You shall get a compensation gift, need the less to say this gift will be of high standards.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/29/2012 17:13:13   
ED Prince of Shadows

To make this a successful game, the devs clearly must make varium looking appealing to the majority of players.
Our devs know what they are doing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/29/2012 17:16:19   
Stabilis

What if skills could be sold with varium? Not skills that overpower the default skills, but offer a vaster selection of tactics.
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
12/29/2012 17:41:57   
ED Prince of Shadows

I remember they were considering that awhile ago, but I think we got bots instead.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Is it worth buying varium?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition