Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Compensation Idea

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Compensation Idea
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/26/2012 11:45:02   
Combatoid

A lot of dedicated players purchased varium packages a long time ago and also got promotional gear. However, the promotional gear, though very cool looking, was out of date and not as effective. As a result a lot of players (including myself) sold these promotional weapons because they had no further use to use because all they did was look shiny. I think that it would be appropriate for all the players that purchased varium packages and have sold their weapons to receive these weapons back in their inventories. There are still a few kinks that would need to be worked out, but I think it's a fantastic idea to thank the supporting/contributing players.

*This proposal has been modified greatly. More information about the adjustments are in my other posts under this thread.*

< Message edited by Combatoid -- 1/26/2013 18:24:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/26/2012 11:54:08   
TRizZzCENTRINO

this has been suggested before, and no-one really supported this including me, you shouldn't have sold what you paid for anyways, it is really your own fault if you sold them, bringing them back to us would defeat the purpose of it being rare or ultra rare, epicduel is a ever expanding game, you should know that things change and your promo items won't be there useless for ever, they said they will never buff promo items but in omega it is not considered a buff but rather a nerf, since eggzooka will be the same as a lvl 10 zooka in power and stats, they only made it usable again for us once more, i hope you understand.

the devs also said to us long ago that you should not sell your promo items no matter what.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/26/2012 11:55:25 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/26/2012 12:15:31   
Combatoid

I get what you are saying, however, I know for sure that multitudes of players (I predict 50%+) sold frostbane, stun guns, ect. because they just weren't effective.
quote:

you should know that things change and your promo items won't be there useless for ever
. This quote is very invalid in my opinion. If you would have tried to think through the admin/dev's eyes you would probably assume that a game wants to pull you in and keep purchasing varium so of course they would keep on releasing new and better weps. I have never seen any warnings from devs anywhere saying not to sell promos. This is only an idea and as I stated earlier it has some kinks. It would just be nice to have them back. If we get them back they will just be cool looking weps, and will still have the original stats they had when purchased. I wouldn't exactly use your rare and ultra-rare statement because the item was originally purchased and payed for by the player and had, at one time, ownership of the item.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/27/2012 10:33:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/26/2012 12:43:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

you purchased it and then you sold it, you got your varium and credit sellback so now it is officially gone, it is as simple as that, i would like to have my frost destroyer back but i know that it is not right. and they have to make new items more attractive somehow to get the income and to get the game expanding and preventing it from being shutdown. now they are taking a huge step into balancing the game, so promos will still be released but you are not forced to buy it anymore.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/26/2012 12:44:39   
Stabilis

quote:

-defeat the purpose of it being rare or ultra rare-

Rarity is indirectly related to... how it is obtained->how it is bought->who can buy it. If the people who bought these rares in the past buy it again, there is no loss or gain in the population of players that owned one of these rares regardless of whether it happens in the past, present, or future. One limitation I would instill is that the number of the rare items (of the same name) that can be bought is no higher than the number of rare items that have been sold.

EDIT: Giving us our sold rares is illogical though, so I do not support this form of suggestion. There are numerous problems including but not limited to: inventory space, exploitable currency, varium balancing with credits (more rares were varium-costing than just credits)...

So this suggestion I do not unfortunately support.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/26/2012 12:48:39 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/26/2012 12:58:07   
Combatoid

Since this Compensation Idea can be adjusted would it be suitable for players that already purchased the varium packages and sold it again to be able to purchase the weapons again? This price would be of course scaled back to a reasonable amount based on the sellback of each item. This seems to be a good idea in my opinion, but definitely a lot of work to implement. So, does it sound better?
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/26/2012 13:02:25   
Ranloth
Banned

"I sold rare weapon 3 years ago. Omega is coming. ED, y u no tell me ur future plans?!" - obviously they cannot guess what will happen in the future so no, you shouldn't be allowed to buy a rare weapon back. It's rare for a reason. Even if you paid for it, it's no excuse. Other AE games also have 2nd currency and once you sell your rare, it's gone. You cannot get it back, ever. *unless it's seasonal*

If you deemed rare item useless and now that you will be able to upgrade it to be useful, it's your fault. If you found them useless then you sold it knowing you won't use it but only because it may get higher level version (like other AE games do) or new system is being made, you're nowhere near entitled to get a rare item back because of your own choice of selling it. Rares will be equal to other weapons, except for some abilities which may be exclusive, that's all.

Btw, repeating it again, you sold rare item knowing it won't come back. So wanting it back is just as contradicting. :V
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
12/26/2012 13:19:02   
Blaze The Aion Ender

What if you never sold any gear? This varium player would be getting the short end of the stick on this compensation deal

Not supported
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/26/2012 13:21:49   
Combatoid

Ok then. You are correct I wasn't able to guess that ED was going to completely swap around their item value system.
quote:

Btw, repeating it again, you sold rare item knowing it won't come back. So wanting it back is just as contradicting. :V
I want the item back because it came from having almost no value compared to current items, to becoming one of the strongest and cool looking weapons in game. I, and I know that other players as well, are on the same boat as me and feel regret. If they would have said something earlier I wouldn't have sold the item. I am just trying to see if it would be possible to bring them back, while not having my voice batted down. Just an idea, sorry for not having ESP.

Edit: Grammatical error.

< Message edited by Combatoid -- 12/26/2012 13:22:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/26/2012 16:03:51   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

quote:

"I sold rare weapon 3 years ago. Omega is coming. ED, y u no tell me ur future plans?!"

Haha! That just about sums it up.

From my understanding, there's no way of knowing what weapons you've sold in the past. I would love to get my Frostbane back, as it was fully enhanced using varium, but I sold it intentionally to get enough currency to buy another item. These are things that I don't think are being tracked by the game so returning sold items may end up giving players more than what they put in. Perhaps, going forward, the staff may decide to track these things, but I highly doubt it.

< Message edited by drekon -- 12/26/2012 16:04:19 >
Epic  Post #: 10
12/26/2012 22:54:01   
Combatoid

I understand more clearly now, I kind of assumed that ED kept track of promotional packages purchased.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/27/2012 0:47:59   
Stabilis

Oh, they do, everything that involves varium is recorded.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
12/27/2012 1:13:36   
SouL Prisoner

So if I did not sell any, that means I'm in a loss ?? U guys sold them and got ur varium for it and now u get to use them ?? Doesn't seem fair to me ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/27/2012 21:27:43   
Combatoid

@Sool prisoneer I modified the idea so that buying a promotional item enables a shop of some sort so that the player also has the option to buy the item back. Sort of like the Book of Lore in AQW.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/27/2012 21:53:37   
Soul of the Brave

Yes we want our varium/credits back for enhancements!

I've changed some the content in this thread to lowercase format, as all-caps wording is considered as spam. Please avoid doing such again in the future. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 12/28/2012 4:52:35 >
Post #: 15
12/27/2012 21:56:48   
Combatoid

Agreed :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/28/2012 1:44:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

lol, you suggested this for your own benefit, how about those varium and credit you got back for selling them? the devs need to remove the sellback price you have gained too TO MAKE IT FAIR. plus it is your fault that you sold it and not anyone else's fault, im just repeating this because you don't get it, AQW is different, AQW have membership and ED have varium, varium is a currency so therefore you don't gain any membership features like AQW with it, it only gives you quicker access to the features. not supporting the regret shop.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/28/2012 13:27:51   
Combatoid

@TRazzerflippdock What do you take me for? The fact the AQW has the member system isn't relevant to the slightest. It is simply a function that the promotional packages purchased will open a shop where the item is then purchasable. This is entirely fair because the people that haven't sold the item still keep the item and it isn't removed. No sellbacks will need to be removed. I have no clue what you were thinking about that... The Membership feature, again, isn't relevant. What I was simply saying is that it's nice to have it so that paying players get something exclusive. Hope you can start opening your mind :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/28/2012 16:42:58   
STRUT MY MUTT

Trizz, they're never going to give him (and everyone else) all sold weapons back so what the point in arguing with him?
Post #: 19
12/28/2012 16:55:24   
Combatoid

I'm not looking for every single sold weapon. I'm looking for the items I received when I spent actual $ on the game. It's not that unreasonable in my opinion. A lot of other games do the same thing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/28/2012 20:12:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

it is unreasonable because it would defeat the purpose of a rare, anyways as @STRUT MY MUTT said no point of explaining things to you, because first you don't understand, second this idea was never on the devs mind and never is going to get implemented last time i checked.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/28/2012 20:22:38   
Combatoid

Well, that's your opinion, and mine is strongly against. You are entitled to your own opinion. I don't think it'll ruin rarity in my opinion. I just think everyone should be open minded.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/28/2012 20:41:56   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above its not just my opinion, it is also the dev's and other's opinion, because once a promo is gone its gone, they are not going to give refunds or get it back for you because you sold it by mistake or some sold it for you, anyways i explained my reasons, so are you saying the devs are not open minded?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/28/2012 21:05:07   
Combatoid

You state it so that players that haven't bought the promo can buy the now rare promo. I never asked for refunds, and I never stated that the devs weren't open minded. I just said that it would be nice for paying players not to be screwed over. I am aware that you like being screwed, and I don't understand how you could like that treatment. I, on the other hand like fair treatment and if I think paying players deserve a way to get their payed for promotional gear back.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/28/2012 21:22:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i never got what you so called screwed because i don't make much mistakes, i don't sell my rares apart from the time i sold my gammabot by accident and frost destroyer to get varium for bionic battlegear, and i admit it is my fault for doing so, if you sold your rares on purpose you shouldn't be able to get it back no matter what, since you chose to sell it no one forced you to do it, and if your account got scammed it is still your fault for giving your account info out, no excuses.

quote:

I just think everyone should be open minded.

basically you mean that anyone who don't agree with you is not open minded.

quote:

I, on the other hand like fair treatment and if I think paying players deserve a way to get their payed for promotional gear back.

you already got what you paid for, but you just chose to sell it, and now you regret. doesn't seem very fair to me. end of story
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Compensation Idea
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition