Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Promo Book

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Promo Book
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/27/2012 23:13:38   
Crimson Eagle

Hey all EpicDuelist,

*This suggestion is more for those people who have purchased Varium! (Sadly, this doesn't include me...)

For all those players who have purchased a promo and have either been hacked or have accidentally sold it, this might be for you.

Basically it is a book. A book filled with all the promos ever made. Each promo you have purchased, it will light up! (The others would be darkened)
If you have ever sold any of your promos, you are able to buy them back! (For the same, or more than what you purchased them for.)

For an example:

*I buy the 10k promotional package*
*Few months later, I might sell it. (Being hacked, accidental or just want to get rid of it!)*
*Few months later, I might want it back!*
*So I open the "Promo Book" and buy it back for the same, or more than what I purchased it for!*

As an extra, it could show each promo page. So the newer players could see what the old promos were! Kinda like an archive or something....

*ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE PURCHASED THE PROMO(S) ARE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK!*

Please leave your feedback below!
~Cleany

< Message edited by Mr. Clean XD -- 12/28/2012 0:28:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/27/2012 23:19:53   
Mother1

while it is a cool idea not supported on the buying of old rares part. It would defeat the purpose of a promo being rare if you could get ti back at anytime after it went rare.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/27/2012 23:26:17   
Crimson Eagle

@Mother1,

But you have already purchased it.
Even when you do buy it back, it costs Varium. So that's the price you're paying of selling it in the first place.
~Cleany
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/28/2012 0:10:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Why sell a rare promo item in the first place? Hacking or scamming isn't valid excuse since it's your responsibility to take care of your own account + Devs don't refund items in any of the AE Games *with exceptions in the past*, and selling it was YOUR choice. You knew it won't be back (rare, not seasonal promo) so why should you have a chance to get it back? Currently, rare items get slight bonus in form of slots and stats on weapons which makes them better than weapons of its level (useful for longer really) but if you found it useless and sold it, it's your fault.

Omega isn't excuse to get these items back because you can upgrade them to Level 35. No one knew that will be possible, Devs didn't have it planned when first rare came out so why should you?

"I sold rare weapon 3 years ago. Omega is coming. ED, y u no tell me ur future plans?!"
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/28/2012 0:23:04   
Crimson Eagle

@Trans,
quote:

"I sold rare weapon 3 years ago. Omega is coming. ED, y u no tell me ur future plans?!"
That's where the Promo Book comes into place, the new system came out of the blue. If the players knew that it would happen, 99% of them wouldn't sell it.
It could give them a second chance of their silly mistake.
~Cleany
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/28/2012 0:25:24   
SouL Prisoner

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, I support, even though I never sold any of my promo items "thinking ahead" :D

I mean it's like everyone can buy the promo items, only the players who has sold it ... This way the value is also not lost ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/28/2012 0:34:54   
Deiselman

Supported

i would love to get my P egg zooka, stun guns, delta weps, gamma gear, azral bane, clestic cleaver back (is it me or is this list long)

< Message edited by Deiselman -- 12/28/2012 0:36:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/28/2012 0:42:25   
Stabilis

I support since rarity is a minor speed bump on a long path to enjoying EpicDuel!
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/28/2012 1:17:31   
Jekyll

Sorry but I cannot support this. Before you sell your rare, you have to realise that it can never be bought again. If you get hacked, you have to bear the consequences since it's your responsibility to take care of your account.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/28/2012 1:51:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

sorry cleany but i don't support for the same reason as trans and jekyll, it is the player's fault if they chose to give out their account information and sell their rares in the first place, i would love to get my frost destroyer back because i sold it for credits and varium in-order to get bionic battlegear but it wouldn't be logical, in AQW there is membership and sometimes you can only use those promo items if you are member and those items are useless if you are not member anymore, like the mindbreaker class and the battle wyvern pet, so it wouldn't be logical to get back what is already rare, that would mean i can get back my gamma bike, gammabot and frost destroyer.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/28/2012 1:52:27 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/28/2012 4:08:14   
hawtnezz
Banned

you buy a ferrari on 1970 after 40 years u open a book and buy it back. the cost of a ferrari in 1970 was 10k now its a vintage worth 5 mil ? does this make sense ?

the only thing logical here is if u have sold an item. eg: you sell a stun gun to a junker he can sell the item to anyone for 2x the value u bought it it will be in his bag of goods. so anyone in this game can get their hands on it. so if 500 rares have been sold in the game only 500 can exist not more not less.

< Message edited by hawtnezz -- 12/28/2012 4:11:10 >
Post #: 11
12/28/2012 4:51:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

the main point is that once you sold it it is gone for good, no way of getting it back, thats what the devs said to me when i told them that some players suggested this idea.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/28/2012 9:03:22   
Ranloth
Banned

That quote I used, Cleany, was from the other thread. It basically summarises the idea and why I don't support it. It was your choice to sell a RARE item in the first place. Rare items do NOT come back so why should you get it back? 'Twas your choice to sell it in the first place.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
12/28/2012 13:23:45   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I'd be able to get my screaming eagle back. I will support this to my grave!

You get the big Chosen Support post!

I would PAY to get this suggestion in! Lol!

I accidently sold my bike. It was when item enhancements first came out. Some player at Oz told me you could enhance bikes. So I went to check. I accidently clicked the store and sold my bike instead of enhancing it.

Stupid me 3 years ago....

I would seriously pay $100.00 to get that bike back...

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 12/28/2012 13:30:39 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/28/2012 15:48:56   
Combatoid

Supported to my grave as well :)
It won't ruin rarity because only players that already had the item previously will be able to get it again.

@Trans The ideas of rares never coming back is so that players that didn't have the item will be able to get the item and ensure hardness to get that item. Because the player already payed $ for the item I think this idea is very suitable. If the promos were available for everyone I wouldn't support this, however, since it is indeed for only a select group that bought the promotional package I back it up with all my heart.

Merged double post, please use the 'Edit' button! ~Lycus

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/28/2012 21:14:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/28/2012 17:08:28   
Stabilis

It does not make sense for an item to go to oblivion when it is sold so that is an argument for why it would be retrievable. Unless you argue that the shop owner disassembles items for material resource, buuuuut, someone still knows the original engineering schematics for producing more copies so ha!
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
12/28/2012 18:01:50   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Supported. The AE/ED server will make more of a profit
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/28/2012 20:16:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above how would it make more profit? you could just get all your previous sold promos and not get any new ones, lets make it that you need to get 10k promo for each item you want back, anyways, i showed this idea to the devs and they said its never going to happen.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/28/2012 20:17:49 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/28/2012 20:25:28   
Combatoid

The old promos have no/very little specials so players would purchase new packages. The players would still buy varium to so that they can purchase their old promos. Some people thought that NPC's would never be removed, and now they're being removed. A lot can happen over time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/28/2012 20:36:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above nope, there is alot of powerful promos, i would love to get the powerful gammabot back and most people want to get bioborg or bionic battlegear back(powerful promos) so its not gonna happen, since in omega you only get the item at level 1 then you can scale it to your level using credits, that would ruin business, just because some chose to sell their rares or gave their account out.
the NPC part was expected since the staff want more people doing 1v1 therefore you get into a battle quicker. and plus alot of people complained about NPC grinders, with this its a completely different matter, this is a implementation of something that would destroy the purpose of a rare, when you pay $50 you paid for the 10k varium, 15k cedits and the promo is a extra to promote you getting the 10k package, it never said that you are going to get it anytime you want after you sell it. the dev is positive about this not getting implemented.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/28/2012 21:13:06   
Mother1

@ combatoid

A promo is something that is up for a period of time, and then when that period is over it is gone forever. If the staff were to implant this idea even if said person brought the rare and sold it, it would still defeat the purpose of rarity. Rare means once it is gone NO ONE can get it anymore not you can buy the get the promo again if you once brought it.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/28/2012 21:14:51   
Combatoid

This brilliant idea of the Promo Book will make it so that buying a promo package will give more value to the average player. If anything it would increase purchases of promotional packages. People will still buy new promotional packages for their skills.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/28/2012 21:25:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above so you think.....
as mother1 said the promo package is unlike a membership shop, it is just currencies that come with a exclusive weapon, and once its gone it is gone. end of story
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/28/2012 21:32:22   
Mother1

@ combatoid

The idea is for people who brought old promo who lost them to get them back not for you to have a book and buy any promo that is rare. Plus if it was that I would never support the idea as it would be spitting in the faces of the people who brought the promos on time. However even with OP idea it still would be spitting in the faces of those who brought the promos and didn't sell them. Especially the rare legacy items.

This Idea would devalue promos big time. You might as well take away the rarity system and stick all the old promo's into shops for everyone to buy because this idea would be doing just that.
Epic  Post #: 24
12/28/2012 21:38:29   
Combatoid

I know. I said in my earlier posts that only players that purchased purchased certain promo items will gain access to certain shops with only the promotional items that they purchased. If someone purchased a promotional package they would get more value out of it. They would gain Currency(credits and varium, along with the promo item and shop selling the item). It won't take away the rarity system because only the select players that purchased the promotional packages would gain access to the certain shops. Not everyone will be able to buy the item and only select people will gain access to the shop.

< Message edited by Combatoid -- 12/28/2012 21:39:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Promo Book
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition