Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Promo Book

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Promo Book
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2012 21:45:19   
TRizZzCENTRINO

this is what i said in the other post.

this feature would only have positive influence on those who sold their promos/rares on purpose, and it would make those players thats wise enough to keep their promos/rares disappointed.

plus it would take ages for the devs to implement(which would never ever happen) they need to go through all the databases of all the varium players who got different promo items and add them to the shop only accessible by the said player, it would take their developing time for everyone's benefit out and doing something that is completely unnecessary that only benefits those players that regret selling their items.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/28/2012 22:59:04   
Stabilis

Do you mind if I join your conversation:

quote:

this feature would only have positive influence on those who sold their promos/rares on purpose, and it would make those players thats wise enough to keep their promos/rares disappointed.

How would this become positive for the people that sold their item while being negative for the people that did not sell? If anything spending more credits or varium than necessary is an absolutely self-destructive practice. If I did not sell any item up to today and know about Omega I would be a jolly man with a beard and red nose.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/28/2012 23:16:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above most including me won't even care about the cost to get them back, and again why would you sell a rare or promo? if you got hacked it is basically your own fault, if you sold it on purpose then there is no regrets, remember the AQW event rares will not return ever because it is marked rare, so once something is marked rare, no matter how much varium, adventure coins or membership you have, it is gone
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/28/2012 23:25:45   
Combatoid

I guess, when it comes down to it, is whether the devs/staff like the idea. I really have no say.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/28/2012 23:31:26   
Stabilis

quote:

most including me won't even care about the cost to get them back

So we can charge $100 per rare? Profit.

I sell mine when a few conditions are met:

•the item when compared to other items of the same type is worse or obsolete

•new items have more stats while lacking funding to obtain those items in the limited timeframe

•stat placement is useless for certain constructs (builds)

So I sell the item to replace it to keep up with the present. Imagine having level 20 gear on a level 30 cap, impractical. Not everyone can afford varium in a speck of time at whim. Now that I have work I pay for my own EpicDuel and so it is no longer a problem for me. But for some in that "boat" that I got out of, they are strapped for credits and have sold their rares in vain, but with Omega at a distant glance we can end the cycle. We are left only scarred by the marketing schemes of EpicDuel's past.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
12/29/2012 0:02:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above $100 is a fine price for a rare to get it back.
quote:

I sell mine when a few conditions are met:

•the item when compared to other items of the same type is worse or obsolete

•new items have more stats while lacking funding to obtain those items in the limited timeframe

•stat placement is useless for certain constructs (builds)

So I sell the item to replace it to keep up with the present. Imagine having level 20 gear on a level 30 cap, impractical. Not everyone can afford varium in a speck of time at whim. Now that I have work I pay for my own EpicDuel and so it is no longer a problem for me. But for some in that "boat" that I got out of, they are strapped for credits and have sold their rares in vain, but with Omega at a distant glance we can end the cycle. We are left only scarred by the marketing schemes of EpicDuel's past.

eggzooka is not obsolete, stun gun is not obsolete. a lvl 35 strength bloodmage defeated me another day with my lvl 30 infernal cannon, and my build is not weak BTW. if you don't have enough fund to obtain new powerful items then do offers, 1k artix point can get you 500 varium and 1k credits which is more than the varium you get from selling a rare. just repeating, when you chose to sell a rare it is gone forever, no regrets.

you can do just as well with delta weapons, i have seen alot of great players with great win rates that doesn't always get the latest items.
TIP: only get the items thats great for your build, sometimes even a powerful item can become obsolete depending on what build/class you are using. and sometimes with a outdated item can become powerful depending on what build/class you are using.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/29/2012 0:08:31 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/29/2012 0:16:01   
Combatoid

Sorry for kind of butting in here, but TRizZz, a lot(the majority) of promotional items were sold by the majority of players because they were out of date and no use to the player at that time. Especially with the large nerf to support a lot of weapons that gave a "useless"(not used in the majority of builds) stat point were sold.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/29/2012 0:22:18   
Stabilis

quote:

eggzooka is not obsolete, stun gun is not obsolete

I never had those, I was not playing EpicDuel at that time, only before and after. But what about Azrael's Bane? Now obsolete.

quote:

if you don't have enough fund to obtain new powerful items then do offers

Offers will only get a player so far, first of all offers are limited until new offers replace old offers. Some offers are deceitful in more than 1 way: some "free" offers actually charge you after a set time or charge your phone bill, some offers ploy as surveys but ask for your credit cards.

I have a new resolution for getting items but it might change in Omega: get an item that has 1 prominent stat. Eg... +15 Strength on a Primary useful in Strengtb builds, of course.

The offers, are nice, but are not reliable in my experience (I was almost phone scammed until I read the FINE PRINT).

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/29/2012 0:23:39 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
12/29/2012 0:26:43   
TRizZzCENTRINO

support is not nerfed to the point of being useless, support now is just as important as dexterity or technology, trust me, a lot has lost without support, i even put a lot of enhancement slots into support because my weapons don't give enough support stat. those builds that have 30 or less support swears when i crit them 2 times in a battle, and whats the point of having a AUX if you don't deal decent damage with it.

if you sold your rares in the past then this will be a lesson to not sell your rares again.

i can give you a list of players who still fight with what some so called a obsolete weapon.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/29/2012 0:30:36   
Combatoid

Your telling this to a lvl 35 tech mage with 17 support :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/29/2012 0:31:00   
Stabilis

quote:

i can give you a list of players who still fight with what some so called a obsolete weapon.

I would rather you tell me 100% quoted how and why they do that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
12/29/2012 0:33:24   
Combatoid

^ Lol, same.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Promo Book
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition