Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

WinStreaks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> WinStreaks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/29/2012 0:35:58   
tad55

Hello, I am purposing a very simple, but useful idea! My idea is to add a "WinStreak" label. What i mean by this is, add a label next to your character stats in the top right/left corner when in a duel showing what their WinStreak is! it's as simple as that, the label resets to 0 once you lose, and keeps track of how big of a WinStreak you have. This is a nice little way to show off how good you are, and to give you bragging rights. It would be a nice idea to think about in my opinion, it wouldn't affect gameplay in any way, but if would give you some bragging rights to show off to other players during a duel! this streak shouldn't show when your outside of duels, but only in a small frame of the fight so it wouldn't get in the way! I've always thought about this idea, and personally, i think it would add a nice touch to the game. you could even add an achievement for achieving a certain winstreak score!

-tad55
Post #: 1
12/29/2012 0:42:37   
Stabilis

This would be a fine alternative to %!
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/29/2012 4:09:30   
tad55

would you mind telling me what "%" is?
Post #: 3
12/29/2012 4:14:43   
RageSoul

@tad
% means "Win Ratio" - which is like this :

Wins - 1
Loses - 1
Total Amount of Battles - 2

Win Ratio is 50% since al you have to do is divide you wins with your total battles .

AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/29/2012 4:37:02   
xyzman

Nice idea. How about adding a credit reward for achieving a certain win streak. I think this will keep ppl playing PvP rather than doing NPC unlimited times
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/29/2012 4:39:02   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I play a mental factor of a game
I have a personal better chance to beat the same person, if they have 200 wins and 2000 losses as opposed to a guy with 2000 wins and 200 losses, even if they have the exact same gear, because I make myself think they will be more difficult, and I tend to over-think things

At this time, all this would do is add some clutter, and mess with my mental game
Of course, this is just a personal problem, but the current win-streak indicator doesn't really show anything special, especially since it resets

If anything, it should show your best win streak (In effect in Omega, so no NPC's) ever, as opposed to currently

It would still mess with my mental game, but I like it showing your best better than showing your current

And some people would be angry since it adds a new thing to worry about in the game, as some people would even like it if losses were removed, why add a win streak, which if you lose, you have nothing to show for it

Hope this made sense...

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 12/29/2012 4:40:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/29/2012 5:19:15   
RageSoul

The thing is that if we add Credits increase , this will encourage people to copy a guy's very successful build . So if 5 Focus becomes the most favorable ( read : OPed ) , then i will go to it so that i can earn more dough . But anyway , about this idea ( the "only-win-streak" one ), this is very interesting .

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 12/29/2012 5:26:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/29/2012 11:50:59   
xyzman

Well I believe that any successful builds are copied even without the introduction of the win streak. But if u think that this affects creativity then u have a point. But Imo the ones who are creative will still be creative and so do the ones who not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/29/2012 12:09:26   
Stabilis

Some suggestions for your suggestion:

•show best win streak on the record

•show best win streak of today on the record

•show median win streak on the record

•show median win streak of today on the record

If anyone does not already know, the median, is similar to mean... or average as you know it. The median is, the result of a set of data that has been sorted and split. For example...

If these were my win streaks:

Then the sorted set would be:

The length of the set is 13 units so the middle unit would be the 7th. The 7th unit is 4, which is my median. Therefore half of all of my win streaks were equal to or less than 4 and the other half is equal to or greater than 4. The problem with an average is that outliers skew the value more than the other numbers. For example if I had a 200 win streak my average would be 19.5 (rounded) but the majority of my win streaks were 4 or less not 19.5! Please consider.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
12/29/2012 12:11:04   
Xendran

I personally believe that players should be rewarded extra credits for getting winstreaks.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
12/29/2012 14:50:48   
tad55

I like your addition to the idea Depressed Void.Thanks for telling me what % means lord aegis.I think the credit idea would be a little to OP. the feeling of having a high winstreak to show off to people would be rewarding enough (: also, having winstreaks wouldn't make everyone want to copy eachother's builds, and even if they wanted to i doubt they could find the people's gear who have high winstreaks. There will always be creative people out there in EpicDuel. ^^
Post #: 11
12/29/2012 14:59:51   
Q...Q

Win streak should be only vs other players. So if you fight a NpC your record will get back to zero. Or NPC killers only will have stupid records , and thats not the point .
DF Epic  Post #: 12
12/29/2012 16:01:13   
tad55

It would only be PvP, to prevent abuse. fighting a NPC wouldn't add to your record nor reset it to 0. It wouldn't affect it in any way.

< Message edited by tad55 -- 12/29/2012 16:02:04 >
Post #: 13
12/29/2012 21:41:14   
XapApp

Just to let you guys know if you don't know yet;

NPC battles will not count towards your battle record and will not give any Experience, Battle Tokens or Influence when Omega launches and will only give credits. You will be able to challenge them an unlimited amount of times. Brainwash will also be removed due to this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/30/2012 16:20:07   
tad55

they ill give you credits though, and you will gain experience from levels 1-5
Post #: 15
12/31/2012 0:41:26   
BioHazardCanibal

Blaze The Aion Ender, I like his Idea but with bothe like, Current win streak:5
And under that, Best win streak:48
Somthing along the lines of that
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> WinStreaks
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition