Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Robot Skill Ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Robot Skill Ideas
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/29/2012 11:28:25   
Nexus...

I've been working on some ability/robot skill ideas, and have finally decided to post them. These are the robot special ideas, abilities will come later. Let me know what you think.

* = Recently changed/edited
>! = New

Robot Specials:

Corroded Circuits [Damage: 50%, deflectable]- Deactivates both your robot, and your opponents for 3 rounds (once per game).

Life Blood [Damage: 10, Blockable]- 10 Mana is added to your pool, at the expense of 10 HP from both your opponents and your own HP pool [Cooldown: 6 turns]

Empowered Soul [Damage: 0]- Adds +3 to defense and resistance, and heals 5 HP after each turn for a duration of 3 turns (once per game).

Degeneration Aura [Damage: 0] - After activation, all spells cast by your opponent do 15% 20% less damage. Lasts 5 turns. [Cooldown: 5 Turns]

Death Mark [Damage: 75%] - Your next non-skill attack will deal 25% bonus damage. [Cooldown: 4 Turns]

Hereditary Weakness [Damage: 75%] - Your next attack will ignore 25% of your opponents defenses. Does not stack with skills that already ignore defenses. [Cooldown: 3 4 Turns]

Shrapnel [Damage: 100%] - Weakens the targets armor bonus (def/res from armor {ex. +8}) by 65% for 2 rounds. [Cooldown: 5 Turns]

Stolen Fortification [Damage: 75%] - Steals 35% of your enemies armor bonus (def/res from armor {ex. +8}), and adds it to your own for a duration of 3 turns. (Once per game)

>! Metamorphasis [Damage: 50%, HP Cost: 5, EP Cost: 5] - Switches the energy type on all of your equipped weapons. Does not affect armors, skills, or robots. Lasts 2 rounds. [Cooldown: 3 Turns]

*>! Last Stand [Damage: 75%] - Absorbs 50% of all incoming damage for 2 turns. During the affect, your enemy gains rage at a 25% faster rate, and you are not able to boost. When the affect wears off, 50% of the absorbed damage is dealt back to you HP pool. NOTE: You cannot be killed by the damage that is dealt back. (Once per game)

Safeguard [Damage: 0, Mana Cost {BH/BM/MRC} (15), HP Cost {TM, TLM, CH} (10)] - On activation, allows you to safeguard one skill of your choosing. Safeguard increases the damage of the skill by 10%, immunizes it from being stolen, decreases cooldown/warmup by 1 turn, and reduces the mana cost by 10% for the duration of the battle.

Multi-Cast [Damage: 75%] - Deals damage to multiple targets when possible. [Cooldown: 4 Turns]

Recharge: [Damage: 0 25%] - Resets all skill cooldowns. The next skill used will now also cost 15% additional mana, and deal 20% less damage. NOTE: Does not affect ultimates (once per game).

Rearm: [Damage: 0 25%] - Resets sidearm, and aux cooldowns. Consequently, your next sidearm and aux attacks deal 20% less damage. [Cooldown: 8 Turns]

*Leech: [Damage: 30%] - Steals a random skill from your opponent, which you can use for the duration of the match. The skill will remain based on the stats and skill level of your opponent. A classes main passive (ie. reroute, plasma shield) and skills that are class specific (ie. require a staff, club, or wrist blades) cannot be stolen. However, 4th tier passives (ie. Deadly Aim, Shadow Arts) can be leeched. (Once per game)

Spoiled Supplies: [Damage: 105%] - Disables your opponents boosters for 4 turns, or until you use a booster!(once per game).

*Open Wounds: [Damage: 0 100%] - Upon activation, reflects 15% 10% of all damage taken onto your opponent. Does not apply to primary damage. NOTE: Your enemy cannot die due to reflected damage. Lasts 4 turns. [Cooldown: 4 turns]

Refined Efficiency: [Damage: 0] - On activation, increases MAX mana pool by 10 points. Further, all mana costs are reduced by 15% for the duration of the battle.

Blackout: [Damage: 100%] - All passives in the game (both you and your opponents), are disabled for 2 rounds. (once per game)

Ultimatum: [Damage: 85%] - You and your opponents powers of luck are disabled for 2 turns. You both cannot crit, deflect, block, or stun for the duration (Once per game).

Bloodline: [Damage: 0, HP Cost (5% of HP Pool)] - Increases MAX HP pool by 10 points, and allows you to use all skills for 100% the mana cost in hit points for the duration of the game. The effect is irreversible for the duration of the match, and applies to all skills BESIDES your ultimate and heal (which both must be used with mana). [tentative]

Overdose: [Damage: 75%] Reduces the effectiveness of your opponents passives by 75% for 2 turns (once per match).

Ancestral Instinct: [Damage: 0 100%] Increases the effectiveness of your passives by 50% 25% on your next turn [Cooldown: 4 Turns]

Vendetta: [Damage: 75%] Forces the attacked opponent to attack you on the his/her next turn. [Cooldown: 4 turns]

Yes, I thought through every one of these, and have balanced them accordingly. I do not believe any one of these would be overpowered. What do you think? Which would you use?

Prophet
*Abilities coming soon!

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/31/2012 0:47:32 >
Epic  Post #: 1
12/29/2012 11:38:25   
Stabilis

Nice, just like Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

We could use those abilities (and yes I read each one, none passed an alarm through my mind).
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/29/2012 11:41:26   
Xendran

I like most of them, Ultimatum and Bloodline (especially bloodline) are way too powerful though.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
12/29/2012 11:48:53   
Stabilis

... Yeah, for Bloodline I would reduce the duration to 3 or 4 turns instead of infinity.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/29/2012 11:51:06   
Nexus...

quote:

I like most of them, Ultimatum and Bloodline (especially bloodline) are way too powerful though.

I just revised a couple of them. Blocks have now been removed from Ultimatum, which I think is the main reason why it would be "too powerful." Also, I originally thought bloodline would be extremely powerful, which is why it cannot be used with ultimates, and requires 5% base HP pool to initiate. However, I think the threshold needs adjusting which is why I have changed it to 1/2.

Ex.

MAX Fireball does 40 Damage
MAX BloodLust

~

40 Damage to Opponent
15 to self
9 regained
Loss of HP: 6.

But remember, the less damage you do, the more HP it will cost you. So its a very situational special (in my mind). Maybe there will be regulations on rage? Ideas?

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/29/2012 12:04:54 >
Epic  Post #: 5
12/29/2012 11:56:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1/3 energy cost into health isn't all that much, especially if the class has Bloodlust which will return a good deal of that with the skill it uses assuming it's based off strength or is boosted by Smokescreen.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/29/2012 12:06:01   
Xendran

New ultimatum looks pretty good, but it should also disable the users crits and deflects as well, since the attack still does damage.

Bloodline should use MORE hp than ep, because HP is both easier to reobtain (healing, multiple leeching skills) and seen in larger (usually 70-125% more) quantities than ep.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
12/29/2012 12:06:14   
Ranloth
Banned

Some are (very) situational but the concept is interesting. Safeguard is the most interesting one so far for me. :3

*I believe this will be moved to ED Suggestions as well but maybe not ^^*
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/29/2012 12:11:58   
Nexus...

quote:

New ultimatum looks pretty good, but it should also disable the users crits and deflects as well, since the attack still does damage.

Bloodline should use MORE hp than ep, because HP is both easier to reobtain (healing, multiple leeching skills) and seen in larger (usually 70-125% more) quantities than ep.

1. I will change ultimatum, you are correct.
2. 1 Stat = 1 HP in Omega. If the system remains the way it currently is, or they change it back to 1 stat = 2 HP, then I think bloodline should consume 100% of mana cost as HP.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 9
12/29/2012 12:16:58   
Xendran

1 stat also = 1 ep, so my point remains.
New version of ultimatum is looking solid, i like it.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
12/29/2012 12:19:43   
Nexus...

quote:

1 stat also = 1 ep, so my point remains.
New version of ultimatum is looking solid, i like it.

Ah, I did not realize that. If that is in fact the case, would 100% work? I'm changing it to that for now, and removing the limitation on rage.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 11
12/29/2012 12:22:56   
Xendran

100% Would be fine as long as healing is either disabled or weakened during it, or else youll have people healing more than theyre spending in hp
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
12/29/2012 12:27:13   
Nexus...

Healing is already severely weakened during bloodline isn't it? If my heal costs 21 mana, and heals for 39 HP, I will only be healing 39-21 = 18 which is a lot less than the mana version. It has to heal after all :3 Or am I missing something?

I think it should be mana based anyway, because its the only skill that is universal between classes. Plus, as you said, it wouldn't make sense if you were giving less HP to get more HP.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/29/2012 12:29:17 >
Epic  Post #: 13
12/29/2012 12:28:45   
Xendran

You keep all your mana though, which you could then use for an ultimate.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
12/29/2012 12:31:17   
Remorse

Robot Specials:

Corroded Circuits [Damage: 50%, deflectable]- Deactivates both your robot, and your opponents for 3 rounds (once per game).
Have been waiting for a bot like this awesome idea
Life Blood [Damage: 0]- Sacrifice 10 points of health for energy [Cooldown: 6 turns]
Do you strike or deal damage with this skill? if not it would probably not worth the skipped turn.
Restore [Damage: 0]- After activation, gain 6 HP after each turn for a duration of 3 turns (once per game).
Also lacks damage to be worth using, unless it also deals damage.
Degeneration Aura [Damage: 0] - After activation, all spells cast by your opponent do 15% less damage. Lasts 5 turns. [Cooldown: 5 Turns]
Again probably not worth using unless you deal damage in this turn activating
Death Mark [Damage: 75%] - Your next attack will deal 25% bonus damage. [Cooldown: 4 Turns]
Might be ok but could be abused with things like massacre, but if balance turns out alright with less stats this should be alright balance wise.
Hereditary Weakness [Damage: 75%] - Your next attack will ignore 25% of your opponents defenses. Does not stack with skills that already ignore defenses. [Cooldown: 3 Turns]
Nice idea
Safeguard [Damage: 0, Mana Cost {BH/BM/MRC} (15), HP Cost {TM, TLM, CH} (10)] - On activation, allows you to safeguard one skill of your choosing. Safeguard increases the damage of the skill by 10%, immunizes it from being stolen, decreases cooldown/warmup by 1 turn, and reduces the mana cost by 10% for the duration of the battle.
Cool idea, Could possibly add 50% less chance to be blocked aswell or something
Multi-Cast [Damage: 75%] - Deals damage to multiple targets when possible. [Cooldown: 4 Turns]
seems fairly balanced since the CD is 4 turns.
Recharge: [Damage: 0] - Resets all skill cooldowns. The next skill used will now also cost 15% additional mana, and deal 20% less damage. NOTE: Does not affect ultimates (once per game).
Would make builds more creative :), except probably lacks damage to be worth activating
Reload: [Damage: 0] - Resets sidearm, and aux cooldowns. Consequently, your next sidearm and aux attacks deal 20% less damage. [Cooldown: 8 Turns]
Would make builds more creative :), except probably lacks damage to be worth activating
Leech: [Damage: 30%] - Steals a random skill from your opponent. Your opponent is still able to use the skill, but now so are you! Does not steal passives (once per game).
interesting, I dont like the random side to it, perhaps make this no damage but you can pick the skill.
Spoiled Supplies: [Damage: 110%] - Disables the enemies booster packs (once per game).
Should make this 100% damage and only adds 2-3 cool down to boosters/packs because seems to OP IMO.
Bio's Bro: [Damage: 0] - Upon activation, reflects 15% 10% of all damage taken onto your opponent. Does not apply to primary damage. Lasts 5 turns. [Cooldown: 5 turns]
seems ok
Refined Efficiency: [Damage: 0] - On activation, all mana costs are reduced by 15% for the duration of the game.
May be lacking damage to be worth casting, thought this one may be not since it could be used for creative builds.
Blackout: [Damage: 100%] - All passives in the game (both you and your opponents), are disabled for 2 rounds. (once per game)
Seems very class limited since some classes rely more on passives then others, how about 1 round but only the opponents passive?
Ultimatum: [Damage: 85%] - Your opponents powers of luck are disabled for 2 turns. They cannot crit, deflect, block, or stun for the duration (Once per game).
Am liking it.
Bloodline: [Damage: 0, HP Cost (5% of HP Pool)] - Allows you to use all skills for 1/2 the mana cost in hit points for the duration of the game. The effect is irreversible for the duration of the match, and applies to all skills BESIDES your ultimate (which must be used with mana). NOTE: If using a damage skill on rage, mana will be consumed instead of HP. [tentative]
Since ulties and rage use the mana this may be a good idea.
Overdose: [Damage: 100%] Reduces the effectiveness of your opponents passives by 75% for 2 turns (once per match).
seems too similar to the other passive one.
Ancestral Instinct: [Damage: 0] Increases the effectiveness of your passives by 50% for 1 turn [Cooldown: 4 Turns]
Not worth activating since the lack of damage.
Vendetta: [Damage 100%] Forces the attacked opponent to attack you on the his/her next turn. [Cooldown: 4 turns]
Make the damage more like 50% and this one may be more balanced.

Overall great ideas, Seems you have tried to balance these well and in many cases it has been done so.

A few lack the damage to be worth activating (Opinion based), but apart from that awesome and very unique ideas :D

Great work!

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/29/2012 12:36:19 >
Epic  Post #: 15
12/29/2012 12:36:23   
Nexus...

Thanks Remorse, I am definitely going to edit a couple based on your feedback ^^

EDIT: Edited original post with updated versions.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/29/2012 13:10:24 >
Epic  Post #: 16
12/29/2012 13:19:48   
Stabilis

Did I originally read Bloodline correct- did it originally state reducing energy costs or no? If not then my apologies.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
12/29/2012 13:24:01   
Nexus...

quote:

Did I originally read Bloodline correct- did it originally state reducing energy costs or no? If not then my apologies.

Originally the threshold was 1/3, then I changed it to 1/2, and finally it is where its at now (100%). Originally you could use the skills for 1/3 the MP cost in HP (30 MP skill = 10 HP to cast), so I believe you read correct (if I understood your question correctly).

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 18
12/29/2012 15:10:28   
Mother1

Nexas Some of these idea are cool, however the first one won't make it into the game. I remember the staff saying that they don't want one bot to be able to counter another when they nerfed the azreal's borg to make it not work on the bio borg and your corroded circuits idea is doing just that since it's purpose is to purposely shut down the other person's bot with yours.

Also if your safeguard Idea works how I think it does (meaning making that move not be able to get shut down) then it won't make it into the game either for that same principal since the pyro fly is suppose to be able to shut down a random move.

Just had to point those two out for you. But I have to give you a thumbs up for creativity
Epic  Post #: 19
12/29/2012 17:23:34   
ED Prince of Shadows

quote:

Too good, I could Mass twice in 5 turns with decreased mana cost and increased damage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/30/2012 0:37:04   
Nexus...

quote:

Too good, I could Mass twice in 5 turns with decreased mana cost and increased damage.

I don't think this would be an issue, due to the fact of how much mana it would cost. Currently you can use massacre on your 4th turn, and then again on your eighth turn. However, most massacre builds that would have enough mana to loop, will not last eight turns. The same pretty much goes for the new system.

Massacre Level 5:

Turn 1: Bot (Warmup set to 1 on next turn)
Turn 2: Strike?
Turn 3: Massacre
Turn 4: Strike
Turn 5: Sidearm
Turn 6: Massacre

In oder to do this, you would need 95 Mana. 40 per massacre, and 15 mana to initiate the robot. Now I can see how this COULD potentially be "overpowered", but I think the same thing that stops people from looping massacre now, would stop them here as well. The cost in stats in order to get that much EP, will make it so you won't last long enough to use your ultimate a second time. As a result, I don't think it would be an issue, but I will think about it a little more, and hear what others have to say.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 0:42:39 >
Epic  Post #: 21
12/30/2012 0:51:40   
Remorse

Most seem alot better with the changes :)

I still think the booster one is unfair, Some builds need boosters to be successfully used, others actually are often worse off after boosting due to loss of rage gain and damage.

But to make a robot that stops the use of boosters for the whole game is unfair.

I would agree to tactically stall them for using a boost for say 2-3 turns. But should never be blocked the whole game or until you boost yourself when you could be using a build that's worse off after boosting and therefore would never boost.

And why is damage 110% on that bot? That makes it better then bots liek gamma even if it didnt stall boosters.

Should be made to be like 90% and stalls boosters for 2-3 turns.

If you personally dont like people who boost, try to think of it from their view who use boosters to enhance their builds and have a chance against those that are worse off after boosting like lots of STR builds.

quote:

I remember the staff saying that they don't want one bot to be able to counter another

I think this is a horrible decision by the devs, Making a bot that can stop the opponents bot for some time might actually fix some of the disgustingly bad balanced bot specials they release and seem to release alot.

Epic  Post #: 22
12/30/2012 0:59:13   
Mother1

@ remorse

They did that because the Azreal borg used to be able to stop the bio borg's thorns attack making it do only 10% damage. You also have to remember that bots are suppose to aid in battle, and how can a bot do this if another bot can completely shut it down. (Like Nexus's corroded circuits idea) or nerf it (like the azreal borg used to do)

But please explain to me how could shutting down a bot's complete fix balance? Cause to me it sounds like a way to make something that is suppose to aid you in battle be useless (like what Azreal use to do to the bio borg)

here is the quote from that thread

quote:

Azrael's Borg
This follows the Assault Bot, reducing someone's buffs by 80% was just too strong of an ability and an absolute counter to
certain builds. It will remain strong (65% is still a pretty hefty reduction), but allows the buff to still have *some* effect.

It no longer affects Thorns because we don't want one bot to be a complete counter to another. This effectively prevented
the Bioborg bot from being useful in any real way.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 1:11:25 >
Epic  Post #: 23
12/30/2012 1:16:28   
Remorse

^ Simple,

Bots like azreal borg wreck the use of sheilds and therefore a large amount of builds that use shields.

Now, with this bot the sheild builds could use this bot to stop bots like azreal borg ruining one of their shields once a game and therefore could help shield builds against abusive STR builds

Dont forget that the corroded circuits idea can only be used once and only knocks back 3 turns.

As more an more bots are made some are eventually gonna be abused to the point they are extremely hard to counter, with a bot like this its nice to know that it can always be countered providing you willing to sacrifice using a different robot special to only stop others for 3 turns.

Plus I actuly liked the fact the azreal bot could be used on thorns.

At one point I would use the thorns so they would use the azreal borg then I could use a sheild without it getting destroyed, They actually made my thorn bot more useless.... not better at all.

The borborg is now completely useless when before I could use it to put their azreal borg robot in cooldown..

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/30/2012 1:24:38 >
Epic  Post #: 24
12/30/2012 1:19:49   
Nexus...

quote:

Most seem alot better with the changes :)

I still think the booster one is unfair, Some builds need boosters to be successfully used, others actually are often worse off after boosting due to loss of rage gain and damage.

But to make a robot that stops the use of boosters for the whole game is unfair.

I would agree to tactically stall them for using a boost for say 2-3 turns. But should never be blocked the whole game or until you boost yourself when you could be using a build that's worse off after boosting and therefore would never boost.

And why is damage 110% on that bot? That makes it better then bots liek gamma even if it didnt stall boosters.

Should be made to be like 90% and stalls boosters for 2-3 turns.

If you personally dont like people who boost, try to think of it from their view who use boosters to enhance their builds and have a chance against those that are worse off after boosting like lots of STR builds.

Alright, I'll think of a way to find something somewhere in-between our ideas. I think I agree that disabling boosters for the entire game is a bad idea.

quote:

*Spoiled Supplies: [Damage: 105%] - Disables your opponents boosters for 4 turns, or until you use a booster!(once per game).

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 1:29:01 >
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Robot Skill Ideas
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition