Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Robot Skill Ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Robot Skill Ideas
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/30/2012 1:30:01   
Mother1

@ remorse

It wreaks all buffs not just shields. On 3 of the 7 buffs are pure shields. the other 4 are either offensive buffs, or both.

Alos remember when I told you the azreal's borg ability could be used for a defense against stat abusers such as extreme dex, strength, and tech builds such as strength Merc's dex hunters, and Caster TM? Well they could also use this same bot to stop me from using my bot making so I can't weaken their attacks for the duel as well. Remember while you would be protecting those people who want to use shields from strength abusers you are also helping those same stat abusers who buff themselves as well.

Even if it can be used once and only works for three turns it still shuts down you bot making it useless for three turns which is making it useless for that period of time which the developers don't want.

Also in all honestly I liked that as well, however thanks to the infernal bot (which was vastly OP and wasn't even checked before they threw it at us and in all honestly I don't even think it should have been put into the game) they decided to check out all the bots and while you got one of your wishes with this bot (having it's special effect nerfed) you lost the other thing you liked (having it work on thorns).

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 1:32:28 >
Epic  Post #: 26
12/30/2012 1:32:06   
Remorse

@ Nexus
Better.
I guess.

I would still personally lower the damage and make it 3 turns.

But this is your ideas, So I'll just give my opinion.

@ Mother,

Your right STR abusers could use it aswell, but then all types of shields etc will work on them because they only have the bot that counters other bots.

Most of them wouldn't use that bot for that reason making the azreal borg defense still very useful.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/30/2012 1:35:21 >
Epic  Post #: 27
12/30/2012 1:32:55   
Nexus...

Azraels bot destroys builds. Many bots have the potential to destroy builds. So there must be a bot, to destroy the bot, that destroys your build. Its both tactical and situational, but is definitely needed if even 1 of the other bots is to be implemented.

@Remorse
I would have gone with the exact numbers you have specified, but I felt that if you use a booster, your opponent should always have the option to do so as well. The slightly higher duration, and damage, are there to compensate you in the situation that you need to boost. Also, since it can only be used once per game, the user should not be at a huge disadvantage because he/she decided to boost while their bots effect was still active. I think it makes more sense this way, so I'm going to leave it how it is.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 1:40:04 >
Epic  Post #: 28
12/30/2012 1:36:39   
Remorse

^ exactly.

Basically a bot that counters a bot is more a build defense.

Witch means therefore variety won't be inhibited as much by bots that destroy builds.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/30/2012 1:37:48 >
Epic  Post #: 29
12/30/2012 1:40:15   
Mother1

@ nexus

The staff already said they didn't want one bot countering another when they nerfed the azreal borg so unless they change their mind as I stated that kind of bot would never make it into the game. Also remember bots are suppose to help in battle and how would my bot help me if your bot disable's it? Sure your bot helped you, but my bot won't be helping me which would make anyone who is hit by this bot angry especially if it is part of their build.

Azreal borg while it could destroy builds never did it to the effect your bot would. Also While Azreal can destroy builds it can also protect you as well by making your opponents attacks hurt less.

Caster TM who uses technician
Dex Hunters who use reflex boost
Strength merc/Tech merc who uses their commander skills.

I have encounter these kinds of builds and with the use of my bot saved my partner from being ko'ed so while it can destroy builds it can also protect the user as well. However most don't see it like that since most who use this are like remorse says the strength abusers.

@ remorse

I know this fact because I use it defensively against those kind of builds.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 1:42:05 >
Epic  Post #: 30
12/30/2012 1:46:22   
Nexus...

quote:

The staff already said they didn't want one bot countering another when they nerfed the azreal borg so unless they change their mind as I stated that kind of bot would never make it into the game. Also remember bots are suppose to help in battle and how would my bot help me if your bot disable's it? Sure your bot helped you, but my bot won't be helping me which would make anyone who is hit by this bot angry especially if it is part of their build.

Azreal borg while it could destroy builds never did it to the effect your bot would. Also While Azreal can destroy builds it can also protect you as well by making your opponents attacks hurt less.

The staff gets a lot of stuff wrong. Look at Omega. They said weapons would never be buffed, and now every weapon in the game can be buffed. The point is, that just because they say something, does not mean they are correct, or it will never happen. Azraels bot horribly mutilates every defensive shield based build in the game. While I'm sure it has other uses, the vast majority of people use it to cripple defensive builds, and exploit strength builds. Corroded Circuits would prevent this expoloitation, both with this bot, and the many others that are now doubt to come as the pool expands. My gun and aux are supposed to "help" me in battle, but the yeti can take them away. This is no different.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 1:48:18 >
Epic  Post #: 31
12/30/2012 1:49:39   
Remorse

Saying a robot needs to always have an effect in battle is sort of silly because some of the bots are destorying builds so basically they are stopping builds from having an effect WHAT is the diffrence between bots that stop builds and a bot that stops other bots from being effective.

Basically no difference.

Bots should not always be able to do the effect otherwise variety will drop amazingly when builds cannot counter the hard to recover effects of some bots.

I know how much you love your azreal bot mother, but buy making it counter able it will be potentialy stop further nerfing of it anyway so you should be supporting this bot idea.

PLUS you need to understand you so called defencive use of azreal borg which you refer to so much wil probably be UNTOUCHED by the circuit bot because people using the circuit bot will have the intention to defend there build Not stop you azreal borg defence.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/30/2012 1:52:34 >
Epic  Post #: 32
12/30/2012 2:24:11   
Mother1

@ Remorse

It also makes you or your opponents bot not be useful in anyway until this effect wears off, and in some cases the duel may be over before they can use it. This bot would shut down your bot completely not just disable the special for 3 turns. From what I have been reading about those who hate certain bots it is the special effect that is hated not the normal attack. (infernal android people hate the special laser that powers up) Azreal borg (people don't like the special that destory's buffs) Pyro fly (the random disabling of a move people hate) Nowhere is it mentioned that they don't like the normal attack.

While I don't like this idea in the least and personally hopes it never get's put into the game (since I like bots personally) If it must get put into the game I would just say have it affect the specials not the normal attacks since the normal attacks are blockable, work with focus and tech, and are actually balanced and fair.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 2:25:17 >
Epic  Post #: 33
12/30/2012 3:03:13   
Deiselman

I have an idea :

Self destruct: dose 300% dammage, bot is unusable for the rest of te duel

Armore percing: takes 65% of ur armor upgrade away
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/30/2012 3:08:17   
Mother1

@ deiselman

Both of those sound extremely OP to me. 300% damage? That would destroy any player in one hit no matter what build. Even the infernal android and massacre aren't this powerful. This bot would be used to dominate 1 vs 1 battles and all duels would be one turn. It would be use this robot or die. as for armor piecing 65% of a player's armor sounds vastly OP as well. Strength abuse builds would have a field day with this bot even more then they do with the azreal's borg now.

May I suggest lowering the power of these effects?
Epic  Post #: 35
12/30/2012 3:49:26   
Xendran

Mother1: 65% ARMOR piercing would be fine. DEFENSE piercing wouldnt.

65% armor piercing on somebody with a +9 def armor will take an extra 6 damage, which isn't outrageous. It also wouldn't be useful against people with res armor.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
12/30/2012 4:06:59   
Mother1

@ xendran

Thanks for pointing that out I thought he was thinking of the later. My mistake.
Epic  Post #: 37
12/30/2012 4:13:57   
nikolexman1

Not supported.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/30/2012 4:20:06   
RageSoul

I actually like these specials more ( below )
quote:

Corroded Circuits [Damage: 50%, deflectable]- Deactivates both your robot, and your opponents for 3 rounds (once per game).

quote:

Spoiled Supplies: [Damage: 105%] - Disables your opponents boosters for 4 turns, or until you use a booster!(once per game)

quote:

Leech: [Damage: 30%] - Steals a random skill from your opponent. Your opponent is still able to use the skill, but now so are you! Does not steal passives (once per game).

Quite tactical and .... nice!
quote:

Reload: [Damage: 25%] - Resets sidearm, and aux cooldowns. Consequently, your next sidearm and aux attacks deal 20% less damage. [Cooldown: 8 Turns]

Personally , i think Rearm would be a better name for this one :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/30/2012 4:28:33   
Deiselman

@Mother1

ok i thought about it and ur wright the Self destruct is OP so i fixed it up a little

Self destruct: dose 200% dammage,you get 100% of the bots dammage delt to you, bot is unusable for the rest of te duel

ok how dose it sond now?
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/30/2012 4:36:38   
Nexus...

I don't support self destruct at all. Even with the revised version, your doing almost double what max massacre would do. Also, I've always seen robot specials as a utility, not a damage output, but maybe that is just me.

quote:

Personally , i think Rearm would be a better name for this one :)

Changed =D

EDIT: Added 2 new specials inspired by deisels Piercing Armor idea. Changed name of "Bio's Bro" to "Open Wounds".

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 5:07:31 >
Epic  Post #: 41
12/30/2012 5:30:31   
theholyfighter

An idea popped out, idk whether it's Oped.

Robot Name:
Vice Versa
Damage:
-Deals 75% damage
What it does:
Switches attack element from
-energy to physical
-physical to energy
for the next round
Cooldown: 3

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 12/30/2012 5:43:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/30/2012 5:41:46   
Xendran

Vice Versa is good but should deal 65% damage
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 43
12/30/2012 5:42:50   
Remorse

@ Mother
robot specials are essentialy Shutting off a certain amount of builds such as the azreal borg shutting off sheild builds.

I agree the bot should be robot specials only but I dont understand how you wouldn't like this idea, It opens up variety in builds which would of been shut down by certain bots.

The bot builds are not shut out , what is happening is this circuit bot allows a situational counter to allow them to use the builds destroyed by certain bots such as the sheild builds.

So basically variety is improved the bot specials arnt weaker nor worse they are just made counter-able for certain unfair and situational occasions.
Epic  Post #: 44
12/30/2012 6:14:16   
theholyfighter

Another idea:

Robot name:
Compensator
Damage:
-Deals 50% damage
What it does:
-When used, it absorbs all income damage for 3 turns. On the 4th turn, before your opponent hits, you, you receive all the absorbed damage.

Once per battle.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/30/2012 11:30:10   
Mother1

@ remorse

There are many bots special that can destroy builds.

Assault bot/rusted assault bot Destroy's debuff builds
Azreal borg destroy's buff builds
Baby yeti Destroy support builds
Pyro fly Can possibly destroy every build if it hits the right move
Infernal android with time it can destroy any build with it's powerful laser

And believe it or not this bot would be no different since it would be doing the same thing as all the bots I have listed since it would be destroying a certain type of build. Also Remorse this bot will hurt certain classes more then others since all classes aren't equal. The merc class is a good example of this. Mercs have no way of removing debuffs other then the rusted assault bot or assault bot. This bot would make mercs the prey or any debuff class with this bot since they wouldn't be able to remove the debuff due to their bot being shut down.

This would also hurt Juggernaut players as well if you think about it. Most Jugs I see playing with my alts use an assault bot or rusted assault bot as well for debuffs since they need their tankiness to survive especially in matches where they are facing full varium players. However if this bot was used on them they wouldn't be able to remove said debuff, and if you aren't a mage class jug or BH (since these are the only classes who have both types of shields) this bot will destroy said defense for the jug as well. Right now it won't hurt some jug players badly however in omega this will be a much larger issue since extra stats will be gone and every player will be on close to equal footing Remorse.

So while you think it will improve balance I see it as not only making bot's potentially worthless, but cause imbalance as well.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 11:31:12 >
Epic  Post #: 46
12/30/2012 21:52:54   
Nexus...

Holy, this is what I have done with your ideas. Feedback? Let me know if you think anything needs changing. I think they are fairly balanced as they are.

quote:

>! Metamorphasis [Damage: 50%, HP Cost: 5, EP Cost: 5] - Switches the energy type on all of your equipped weapons. Does not affect armors, skills, or robots. Lasts 2 rounds. [Cooldown: 3 Turns]

quote:

>! Last Stand [Damage: 0] - Absorbs all incoming damage for 2 turns. When the affect wears off, 75% of the damage is dealt back to you HP pool. NOTE: You cannot be killed by the damage that is dealt back. (Once per game)

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 47
12/30/2012 23:02:05   
Scyze

Last Stand isn't balanced. You know why.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/30/2012 23:26:49   
Nexus...

quote:

Last Stand isn't balanced. You know why.

This is very unhelpful, but I think you are right. I think I will add some rage and booster limitations to it, and an HP threshhold. However, in the future, it would be helpful if you expanded further, so I'm not left guessing as to why you think its not unbalanced. After all, I can't read your mind.

EDIT:

quote:

>! Last Stand [Damage: 75%] - Absorbs 50% of all incoming damage for 2 turns. During the affect, your enemy gains rage at a 25% faster rate, and you are not able to boost. When the affect wears off, 50% of the absorbed damage is dealt back to you HP pool. NOTE: You cannot be killed by the damage that is dealt back. (Once per game)

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 23:32:48 >
Epic  Post #: 49
12/30/2012 23:32:26   
Mother1

Last stand isn't balanced in the least. The bot skill is basically a get out of death free card since it not only saves you from death but gives you 2 free turns which can unfairly turn the tide of the game. It doesn't even kill you when the backlash effect happens.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Robot Skill Ideas
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition