Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Robot Skill Ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Robot Skill Ideas
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/30/2012 23:33:29   
Nexus...

Check out my edit above, I think its good to go now.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 51
12/30/2012 23:39:35   
Mother1

Nexus does the skill work with the passive reroute? Meaning does the absorbed damage active this passive? Also does it activate when you are taking the damage or will it work like the poison effect? For the sake of this special and balance I don't think it should work with reroute. Since even if you can't boost while using this if you can gain enough energy back you can still heal or use something else to turn the tide.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/30/2012 23:40:16 >
Epic  Post #: 52
12/30/2012 23:46:13   
Nexus...

50% of the absorbed damage will be dealt back to your HP pool after the 2 turns, so in a sense it will work the same as poison. However, because you are only taking 50% damage, reroute would only regain a percentage of that 50%, so I don't think any limitation should be added in that respect, especially since this robot only works once per game, and your opponent is gaining rage at a faster pace than normal.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 53
12/30/2012 23:51:06   
Scyze

Mother1 gave you the main reason why.

What happens if you have Rage when you take the damage? For instance, if you use Massacre, your opponent also uses it. Now you take the damage but you don't die, you live with 1 HP, you use your gun and kill him with your rage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
12/30/2012 23:52:24   
Nexus...

Did you see the edit? I think it is definitely balanced now, since the enemy is gaining rage at a faster rate, you are absorbing half as much damage, you cannot boost, you can only use it once per game, and it only lasts 2 turns.

quote:

>! Last Stand [Damage: 75%] - Absorbs 50% of all incoming damage for 2 turns. During the affect, your enemy gains rage at a 25% faster rate, and you are not able to boost. When the affect wears off, 50% of the absorbed damage is dealt back to you HP pool. NOTE: You cannot be killed by the damage that is dealt back. (Once per game)

If your enemy was smart, he wouldn't use massacre while the bot was active.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/30/2012 23:56:00 >
Epic  Post #: 55
12/31/2012 0:00:31   
Mother1

Nexus your leech idea I have a suggestion for it. While it is suppose to steal a random move certain moves should be off limits. It would be completely worthless if you stole a move that required a class specific weapons such as a club or staff when you have claws. This would make the bot about as reliable as the pyro fly.

Epic  Post #: 56
12/31/2012 0:38:34   
Nexus...

Alright, I think that makes sense. However, what if I added secondary passives to the list of things that could potentially be stolen (IE. Adrenaline, Shadow Arts, Deadly Aim). I don't want the pool to be too limited, but at the same times, I don't want people to be able to steal bloodlust, passive shields, or reroute.

quote:

*Leech: [Damage: 30%] - Steals a random skill from your opponent, which you can use for the duration of the match. The skill will remain based on the stats and skill level of your opponent. A classes main passive (ie. reroute, plasma shield) and skills that are class specific (ie. require a staff, club, or wrist blades) cannot be stolen. However, 4th tier passives (ie. Deadly Aim, Shadow Arts) can be leeched. (Once per game)

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/31/2012 0:51:05 >
Epic  Post #: 57
12/31/2012 5:34:11   
theholyfighter

If the devs took all these ideas, then build copying won't be so huge of a problem as now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
12/31/2012 11:01:56   
Mother1

@ theholyfighter

There are some who are more concerned about fighting blind they build copying. I remember the staff also saying that they also leave it like that so people who can't find a good build can get it from someone else as well as not have people fighting blind which is why they won't change it.
Epic  Post #: 59
12/31/2012 11:48:36   
Remorse

@ Holyfighter,

Build coping is only a problem because power build destroy every other type of builds basically.

And that is because of extra stats from enhancements.

Plus its not really build copying its more only a select few builds work since balance has screwed the rest over to make a select few too powerful.

I wouldn't call someone copying when they are just going whatever gives them a chance in battle, since balance ,creativity and variety went out the door with enhancements.

@ Mother,

I still think robots need a counter for their specials, nothing can change my opinion on this matter.

personally I liked builds alot before the very first bot was released, the assault bot was first sign to me that variety was shrinking thanks to robot specials.

It would be great if we could have BOTH variety and bot specials IF we had a bot that countered them.

Try to understand that people who use the robot counter robot, would be sacrificing the chance of a different robot special for that one, that means that they probably dont want to SPAM str because they haven't got azreal, it means they dont have high defenses and therefore need assault, the counter robot, robot would basically ONLY used by those builds that dont work when a certain robot special stops them and in most cases those builds are not what are causing balance issues.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/31/2012 11:49:49 >
Epic  Post #: 60
12/31/2012 12:21:53   
Mother1

@ remorse

Just like you feel there needs to be a counter bot, I feel a counter bot would defeat the purpose of having a bot period since it can not only destroy bot builds, but also has power over all other bots and nothing can change my mind on that. But for the sake of this thread lets just agree to disagree. Plus it is up to the staff to do something like this or reject it not us. All we can do is give our suggestions and if they look at them give us their feedback on the idea.
Epic  Post #: 61
12/31/2012 12:32:07   
Xendran

Stop all this non-lethal damage stuff. Non-lethal damage shouldnt even exist, both forms of poison should be able to kill, not this bringing to 1hp nonsense
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 62
12/31/2012 12:36:16   
Remorse

^

I agree,

Poison builds are weak enough as it is,

If they could deal the killing blow it would make them alot more scary plus really make you think ahead.

Plus it would then give reason to add new armors etc reducing the effects of poison since everyone seems to like that idea for some reason.

@ Mother,

I'm happy to agree to disagree.
:)
Epic  Post #: 63
12/31/2012 19:57:21   
Nexus...

quote:

Poison builds are weak enough as it is,

If they could deal the killing blow it would make them alot more scary plus really make you think ahead.

quote:

Stop all this non-lethal damage stuff. Non-lethal damage shouldnt even exist, both forms of poison should be able to kill, not this bringing to 1hp nonsense

I have to disagree here. Poison was one of the most destructive things in the game during beta, and was used at MAX with the most bounty builds. Since Omega is taking us a step backwards towards that era (in terms of balance), I think it would be a really bad idea to have any kind of poison damage deal a lethal blow. In the current system, yes, I feel it is definitely underpowered, but in Omega, I have no doubt poison builds will be some of the most used and most powerful.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 12/31/2012 19:59:12 >
Epic  Post #: 64
12/31/2012 22:02:02   
Remorse

^ Good point,

I suppose most balance suggestion these days need to be postponed to omega.
Epic  Post #: 65
1/1/2013 0:13:43   
theholyfighter

Yep, back in Beta, poison is handy. Most players at that time have about 90 hp, whereas now they have 110, 125, 140 due to agility.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
1/1/2013 0:18:05   
King Helios

Make poison take a % of HP?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
1/1/2013 0:21:31   
theholyfighter

Umm guys this a a Robot Special Suggestion. Let's not make it get locked due to out of topic...
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
1/1/2013 0:25:05   
Mother1

Here is an idea for one

Rotten eggs (Does 80% physical damage and poisons the energy doing 5% damage for 4 turns usable one per duel)

Since we are talking about poison here why not a poison based special?
Epic  Post #: 69
1/1/2013 2:12:29   
theholyfighter

i don't quite understand what you're trying to say...Could you explain it a little further?
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/1/2013 2:23:25   
Nexus...

Its similar to frostbite on a robot, kind of. I'm not to keen on the idea, as its so similar, but I'll try and think up some poison specials later tonight when I have time.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 71
1/1/2013 2:35:41   
Mother1

it works like frost bite, however instead of doing a fixed 5 fixed it does takes 5% of the opponents health for 4 turns. Meaning altogether 20% of your opponents full health bar will be taken away by the poison when it is done.

Say if your enemy had 200 health. Use this special on them and it would take away 10 health each turn for 4 turns. If the opponents health is 140 then it takes away7 health each turn since it takes away 5% each turn.

Nexas it is simaliar yes however, unlike frostbite which is all based on change this special makes it so that the poison will always come.

As for why I made it once per duel it is simple. If it was multi use then people would just abuse it whenever it came back.
Epic  Post #: 72
1/5/2013 8:08:16   
theholyfighter

Does the % count on the afterwork health or the starting health?
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
1/5/2013 8:35:02   
Mother1

Starting health. It will always take 20% all together of your overall health unless of course doing so would kill you. So if you had 100 health from the start but was hit with this special when you had 40 health it would still take 5 health each turn for 4 turns.
Epic  Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Robot Skill Ideas
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition