Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 200
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2013 23:30:29   
LatinLover/Martini

I just believe they should raise the buddy list slots from 100 to 200.. I find it super useful for me and other faction leaders. :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/3/2013 0:28:02   
Midnightsoul

=more lag
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/3/2013 0:53:57   
LatinLover/Martini

Buddy lists dont create lag....
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/3/2013 2:03:38   
Xendran

quote:

=more lag

This has no basis in reality whatsoever and is not true.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
1/3/2013 2:21:41   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Actually its kinda true.
It takes up more server space and thats what causes lags sometimes.

Beside that, not supported.
Your faction has a limit of 19/20 members.
How can you need more then 100?
And you can always delete a friend thats in your faction since you can still see when he/she is online and private chat with him/her.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/3/2013 2:30:05   
Xendran

quote:

Actually its kinda true.
It takes up more server space and thats what causes lags sometimes.

No.

quote:

Beside that, not supported.
Your faction has a limit of 19/20 members.
How can you need more then 100?

Because some people know more than 100 people. Especially if you take a look at somebody like (not to be arrogant) me that gets friend requests 24/7, as well as being around for a quite a while, friends lists build.

quote:

And you can always delete a friend thats in your faction since you can still see when he/she is online and private chat with him/her.

Again, what about somebody like me? I have a full friends list and know essentially every single person on it. Just because you personally don't have an issue with a part of the game does not mean that you should purposely prevent other players from having an improved gaming experience.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/3/2013 10:05:44 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/3/2013 6:23:54   
Ranloth
Banned

It's true, you get more lag. For yourself perhaps when browsing through the list, not everyone which makes it your fault not Devs. What to do then? Improve your PC. Lag wouldn't affect us.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
1/3/2013 6:34:00   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Xendran.

You may have 100 friends in your list but that doesnt say they are real friends.
After all, your brain can handle only 3 friends.
sow your 'friends' arent real friends, only some 'dudes' you talked to one day or a week.

You say you know them all, but i can ask you one question and that proves my whole statement.

And as trans said, it does create more lag, not much but it does.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/3/2013 6:37:55   
Ranloth
Banned

But that lag isn't our problem, it doesn't affect all players but yourself (since it takes longer to load these 200 friends, rather than just 100). If it affects you then your problem is the buddy list, 'twas your problem when you expanded it. Solution then? Delete friends.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
1/3/2013 7:11:15   
Xendran

quote:

Xendran.

You may have 100 friends in your list but that doesnt say they are real friends.
After all, your brain can handle only 3 friends.

Not true. Your science is false.
quote:

sow your 'friends' arent real friends, only some 'dudes' you talked to one day or a week.

You say you know them all, but i can ask you one question and that proves my whole statement.

Except for the fact that this is blatantly untrue. The only people in my friend list i don't talk to are the ones who are offline.

quote:

And as trans said, it does create more lag, not much but it does.

A text string on the server does not cause more lag.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
1/3/2013 8:47:33   
Stabilis

It really does not use much processing since it does nothing when a friend is offline and only turns on to open a menu when a friend is online. The real processing is from USING it, having a buddy slot is a minor memory allocation, using it to jump is a major ping (especially the beam animation when you teleport).
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 200
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition