Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hidden Skill Effects = no

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Hidden Skill Effects = no
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/3/2013 2:53:19   
Xendran

No skill should ever have a hidden effect for any reason whatsoever in a pvp game like this. AKA blood commander.

The fact that it overrides bloodlust should be clearly indicated on the skill.
Any other skills with effects similar to this (Reflex boost and reroute possibly? Havent tested) also need to be detailed in the skill description.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/3/2013 2:54:44   
Nexus...

You know the worst of it? Supercharge does not stack with BloodLust on Blood Mage. I will repeat. Supercharge DOES NOT STACK with BLOODLUST. Thats a pretty big deal imho.

On Topic: Agreed.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 1/3/2013 2:56:28 >
Epic  Post #: 2
1/3/2013 2:56:09   
Xendran

Are you kidding me? That's so unbelievably unintuitive that it breaks my brain.

Also, in omega these things shouldnt even exist. Skills should be balanced well enough that they don't need to use overrides as a bandaid fix.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/3/2013 2:57:34   
Nexus...

Not kidding, I tested this a while back and confirmed it with Ashari. Its pretty bad. Yet another reason why BM casters will never be seen in this game in its current state.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 1/3/2013 2:58:30 >
Epic  Post #: 4
1/3/2013 4:24:49   
Mother1

Reflex boost doesn't override reroute I rememeber the last time it was used on me as a TM it didn't have any effect other then the dex increase. However with blood commander overriding BL yeah I posted that one and they said it was meant to be that way why I don't know.

However Nexus with the supercharge thing not stacking with blood lust seriously? if it did stack even at level 1 and it doing only 20 Damage the person would gain back 11 health if it stack. Tech abuse would have been crazy with this class. while it would have been stoppable with good enough energy drain the complaints about who OP this attack would have been for BM would have been crazy.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/3/2013 4:28:55   
Xendran

Supercharge isn't good enough on a BM to warrant its use even if the lifegain stacked.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/3/2013 4:34:13   
Mother1

I rarely see a supercharging BM even though when I did use this class I did use it. Personally BM should have had a different ultimate from TM.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/3/2013 4:42:31   
Xendran

All three skills have had new ultimates in the making for quite a long time actually, the BMs is Blood Mark.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
1/3/2013 4:57:26   
Remorse

I used to have an awesome supercharge build for blood mages before they made Supercharge improve with tech and tech increase deflections rather then support....

Half those changes have little effect on their goal nor reasoning behind them... I mean they promote STR builds all the time and they nerf things unnecesarily like caster builds, when were caster builds ever Oped????? I have never EVER had trouble beating them since unlike STR builds casters can easily be countered.

Yet they constantly buff STR builds for example, static change to raw damage, chairman flurry being an unblockable! "strike" etc.

ON TOPIC:

If skills seemed more balanced in these areas in omega, I support these skills stacking rather then cancelling each other out, providing they arnt abused too much or unbalanced.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/3/2013 5:02:18 >
Epic  Post #: 9
1/3/2013 5:00:22   
Xendran

The only time i have ever had fun as a caster was in beta with an HP/Caster hybrid. Never had fun as a pure caster.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
1/3/2013 5:05:27   
Mother1

@ remorse

Do you not remember Tech abusing TM's when plasma bolt and plasma rain improved with tech? They were destroying two vs two with high tech, high dex, and little strength and support. Especially when Rabble buffed TM's plasma bolt. It was always plasma bolt, plasma rain (insert move here) Plasma bolt plasma rain and then repeat. Those high health high energy casters weren't any fun to deal with, and with the switch it still isn't fun sometimes.

It was because TM was destroying everything with tech that they switched plasma rain to improve with dex instead of tech and visa versa for supercharge.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/3/2013 6:50:24   
Remorse

^ All I remember was being able to counter them extremely easy with EMP,

I find STR abusers ALOT worse because they cannot be properly countered, W/O luck.

I assume any class with an energy drain would be fine agiant them, if not an energy shield would also do just fine?
Epic  Post #: 12
1/3/2013 7:15:35   
Mother1

@ remorse

At the time of this I was a TM and energy drain wasn't easy especially with reroute. If I did enough damage to them it negated the energy drain and they still ended up on top so that wasn't an option. Also even with EMP you still need to do damage to they players, and when doing so they gained their energy back while you would burn yours. If you were a CH or TLM at the time you could afford to do this however, if you were one of the other 4 classes you had problems with them. They were destroying everything with tech and plasma bolt + tech spammer = Bunker blaster power.

It was against this build that I found the defensive use of the azreal's borg I talk so much about.
Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Hidden Skill Effects = no
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition