Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2013 13:07:26   
Slayer Hades

The minus to my idea is that for all the goodies to be allowed, there has to be a balancing minus, so here's an idea: you have to 1) possess a character that fits the character type of the guild (ie, Void guild, you have to possess a Void character) and 2) you have to bind that character to the guild (Let's say you have a shwoffle(nonexistent) beast character, so you bind it to a Beast guild. Now, you use the shwoffle beast to do things for the guild, and usage of other characters does not count for your guild unless you bind it to them with the previous expectation met). You may bind several characters to one guild. Oh, and I was thinking, if guild wars are gonna be a thing, and since we have a map to work with anyway, guild wars would make the map segmented into territories of various sizes, kinda like Risk. The way to end a guild war would be to either conquer 75% of the territories, or conquer more than the other guild and just settle in and wait for the war timer to pass over. I don't know what territory bonuses should be there, or what victory bonuses should be there, but a Boss at the end of the war would be nice.
Post #: 76
1/19/2013 1:17:21   
Dragon Elite X

I feel that the best thing for guild implementation is tournaments. To carry out clan wars. However, you definitely need to add an edge to them. Have them pay for gold or power-ups double xp or etc. I also think it is important we have a ranking system for clans. I am not particularly affectionate for the ED style clan. I think Clan wars should indeed be CLAN WARS. Kill for glory... Super unlockables. Have those closest to the same level battle it out. I mean oversoul is a strategy game this implementation should also have strategy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/19/2013 23:33:02   
zentrix321

A castle

we can walk there with my ko- GUILDS
-chats
-can walk together
-can see INVADERS like skeleton
-this will be more interesting
example:
Invaders are attacking your guild castle, go to your Guild Castle, and defeat all the skeletons
and then.. we can see walking skeletons like similar(DF) the cellar rats, we are killing them all (13 invaders like that)
we defeat them all, we receive rewards. like medals that will buy a character,1sg,gold,recipe's thatwill craft characters or items and GUILD CONTRIBUTION
-wait.. so what is guild contribution? guild contribution is we contribute gold or sg's to the guild
and the guild gain wealth and the guild master spend it to the GUILD to upgrade the lvl of castle, lvl of items, (common)(uncommon)(rare)characters guilds, and other future items :)
-we spend guild contribution to the guild shop, like characters, or other future items.
players gain Guild contribution when we contribute gold or sg's to our guild, so we gain gold and our guild gain wealth, and wealth
is use to level up the guild chamber/castle and other items like the type of (common)(uncommon)(rare) characters and other future items will be. thank you :)

< Message edited by zentrix321 -- 1/23/2013 10:12:06 >
Post #: 78
2/17/2013 18:45:36   
Vagaran

So, the whole Army thing. It would be nice too se it implemented, or atleast make it so there is a Leaderboard for the Guild with most wins and such.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 79
2/17/2013 20:03:55   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I'd love to have a small army of moose to command and rule the land with an iron hoof play nicely with the other inhabitants of the world.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
2/17/2013 20:09:22   
JobyWest

Have the lowered the bosses skill yet I want to go get those characters?
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
2/18/2013 4:42:42   
Vagaran

Oh and the option to tag battle with Guild Members could be a nice addition.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 82
2/18/2013 8:15:35   
linklink0091

2 on 2 battles with a chat box so you can chat with your partner in crime fighting...i like that idea more ._.
AQW  Post #: 83
2/19/2013 20:35:10   
DarkLore

My guild is in my signature! We need more people!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2EfGZNfrnODb1j_AsKfEA
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/20/2013 6:15:42   
Darksquirrel

If there will be a guild option, I call dibs on the Leaping viper guild.
Post #: 85
4/15/2013 4:15:25   
  Grixus Faldor

I think having a Guild Hall or Zone accessible only by guild members should be added. Guild Maps feature in quite a few MMOs and it gives players more things to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
4/15/2013 4:50:13   
Vagaran

And maybe guild banners. And maybe a Leader Board for Guilds!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 87
5/1/2013 4:23:29   
BWMagician

Well, reserve Dear Abyss for us in the guild since we soon plan to expand into OS.
I'd like to see OS guilds happen.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
10/5/2013 13:04:09   
GuardMouse

@Drinde It'd be kinda hard to have someone be in charge of the guilds, since there's no specified liaison for OS, as Sora to Hoshi is for AQW... So it'd be pretty tough to disband/rename/edit guilds :c

Maybe a Leaderboard keeping track of all the PvP wins that day and having their banner in solace till the next day, when a new guild wins!

And if we're reserving Guild Names here: OSWiki Team. Don't know if these are the actual ones in-game or just forum wide :o
And the "requirements" to join the Guild is be staff on the Wiki(s?)
Wonder if were supposed to list the roster o.o

< Message edited by GuardMouse -- 10/5/2013 13:09:16 >
AQW  Post #: 89
10/6/2013 10:10:58   
Leader
Unrequited

I think it would be a huge success to have a similar faction system to Epic Duel's current one. In my opinion, it has been one of the best features that I have seen a MMORPG have despite not being as vast as other, bigger MMORPGS. I am not familiar with the AQW style guild, but from what I hear, we wouldn't want to have a similar functioning one in OverSoul. I think it should aim towards having its own unique guild system, but having similar to features of the factions in ED.
Post #: 90
10/6/2013 10:24:27   
Megadragonknight

I think OS should have its own unique guild style.
Post #: 91
10/6/2013 10:42:41   
Pennocki_

if were all talking about guilds , maybe there could be a guild exclusive character to distinguish who is in which guild
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
2/3/2014 5:00:11   
Apple Core

Just reading through the early posts, I saw a bit of hype about elemental factions, rather than guilds.
I really like this idea as it reminds me of AQ. I also like this idea better because as elemental factions,
rather than player run guilds, there is an assurance that no guild will become non-exist/inactive
which means no clutter on the server/forums depending on the location.

Note: I use the term "elemental" loosely since neutral isn't commonly thought of as an element in most games.

Some thoughts if elemental factions were to be implemented:

1. You should be able to leave/rejoin factions at will.(I'll explain reasons why)

2. Since rewards are a popular topic, within each faction there could be generic rewards(gold,xp,artifacts,etc...) bought with points
eventually leading up to a high(ish) cost character of that element. Leaving/rejoining at will enables collection of each
faction's individual characters. It should be a bit tough to do so as the characters should be worth the effort.
Also, every time you leave a faction, you should lose all points within that faction.(Debatable)

3. Points could be gained through PvE/PvP. For instance, if you're in the fire elemental faction: Every time you win a fight
while using a fire character, you gain a set amount of points dependent on your level/enemy lvl if in PvP.

4. Points could also be gained through quests which is something introduced to the game in the past. Simply collect certain
characters to receive the points.

5. Possible future artifact if elemental factions are introduced is a point booster that only affects faction points, not xp or gold.

6. Locations could be added into the game to allow for faction camps. It would be similar to "/join grotto" or "/join horkfort".
This would take out the need for mass PvP over territories.

7. While territory wars shouldn't be a problem, there could still be event wars, basically where factions test their strength
against each other. It could be modeled after the first PvP tournament, where the server kept track of how many kills
each player achieved, but in this case it would also track when a player scored a kill with their faction's element
and count that towards the faction's total kills.

So here's my thoughts on the matter of guilds/factions. Feel free to expand on my ideas/critique them.

*On a side note: I really wish Wind element/characters could be introduced to the game! I say this mainly because
I really enjoy the concept of Wind characters, but partly because I've heard rumors about elemental resistances
not coming to Oversoul which gives more room for other elements to join the game.

< Message edited by Apple Core -- 2/3/2014 5:03:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
2/3/2014 7:44:18   
Resk

Guilds. Factions.

Guilds as mentioned by some, are player groupings who join together for a common goal, oft; Social / PvP / PvBoss

Factions are almost always just quest chains with maybe some loose plot; get higher in the faction, get prizes, as mostly explained by Apple Core.

To take FFXI as an example, at start of game each player chooses a city from 3 (which is their faction, run by NPCs), and for a modest fee, can create or
join multiple existing guilds, which work independently of their faction. To use OS terms, I could be a member of Faction Ice, but still be in the Beetle Guild
for PvBoss Events, select my Jester Guild for when I just want to be Social, or put on my Guild of Corrupt-Hide when I wish to PvP. And while doing guild
stuff, different members of the same guild could be fighting a war event together, while contributing points to different factions.

Factions should also be switchable, but like FFXI, / AQW etc, should have a requirement to doing so, + a small fee such as gold or -5% faction points, to stop
it happening too often.

As for the Area Conquering that people mentioned, that could be either Faction OR Guild based, however with the current size of the player base, it would be
best for it to be faction, with say... Depending oh who owns which of the 5 maps(or however they feel like dividing it), give a -small- bonus for either character
of that type, or members of that faction while there. (Small, as the most popular is almost -always- shadow, so there has to be a reason to join the other ones,
and map control should be irrelevant to faction quests)

For Guild scoring, we've already got the top player PvP thing, so why not add a guild PvP button, which is unable to pair you against same guild, and at the end
of each week, the 3 guild with the most PvG wins get their name on the statue, and a free CC pack or something, after which it resets.

(Again, it shouldn't be a character; In Ancient Summoner for example, if you come first in PvP, you get a card that is far superior to that which is used by the
people who did not win, thus win more, and they are unable to, Winning shouldn't increase your win rate to a point where you near 100%, making everyone else
pointless, or in this case, the existence of more than 1 guild pointless)

Another concept, would be a room such as /guildwar which has 2 NPCs, each with a signup button, and say... a 5-10 minute timer from when the first person signs
up, which auto-tournaments (though could do the same for an auto-tournament <,<)

But Anyway:
*Player-base small, no point having 50 guilds with 2-3 active players in each.
*Factions are quest chains which can tie people together a bit.
*PvG button seems the way to work it initially, though a /join guildwar with signup buttons in it could be nice.
*Access to multiple guilds for different purposes.
*Reset scores each week, to stop the oldest guild almost automatically being the best.
*Rewards should 'aid' players, not make them better than everyone else.

Just some thoughts :3

-Resk

< Message edited by Resk -- 2/3/2014 7:45:56 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 94
2/3/2014 13:56:36   
Sharftman

YEah I think guilds would be a great idea
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
2/3/2014 19:42:11   
DidYouKnowThat

How about making Guilds accessible only to people who have finished the GQ, meaning they have gathered all 7 shard/artifacts?

Then you find out there are others like you and band together in guilds and all.

And I'm sort of against ''Conquering Areas'' like how they did in Epic Duel . . .I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate x999 that. . . . .that bugs me ALOT. :/

Maybe if you want somethin' like that, make a new map/city or whatever where all the ''action'' takes place. Hehe, Elder Scrolls Online, Cyrodiil anyone?

Or I guess you can INVADE someone's guild ''castle'' or dominion I guess, but taking over areas? Nah. Not like Epic Duel, no way no how. Nah.

Post #: 96
2/16/2014 8:48:37   
Angelixx the Good

You guys are forgetting something crucial here... How would guilds fit this game story-line wise? I mean, we are oversouls killed by nulgath, and all of a sudden, we are fighting for map territories and making alliances to fight other players.
What I mean is... There's nothing wrong with this idea, but I would support it a way more if someone could get it all together for me, do you get what I'm saying?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
2/16/2014 9:20:06   
Apple Core

Yeah I think I get what you're saying. You don't like the fact that guilds don't really make sense
because there isn't really any story line other than what we saw in AQ Worlds. I suppose at this
point in time guilds/factions wouldn't make any sense.

I think if/when story line gets added, maybe we'll see some work coming in towards guild/factions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
2/16/2014 16:22:10   
DidYouKnowThat

Dazz whai I say ''Oh, why nah make Guilds onleh available to da people who uh finished the Grand Storyline. . . ''

Then like you find out, oh look, some more Oversouls. .. . . . . .. . . . . then you band together in guilds etc. . . . . .
Post #: 99
3/11/2014 16:57:35   
Gorillo Titan

I am making an ogre guild requirements are you have to have a level 20 ogre or have all ogres in game or beat me in a duel using an ogre.

The name is Titans of Oversoul.

PM if you would to join.

IGN is Gorillo Titan

Members

1. Xanzus
2. ODSTs

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 3/13/2014 12:15:13 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition