Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LIX - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LIX - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2013 12:39:09   
Sparkedy

http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/father-minute

Wow I was expecting something a little better than this.
Post #: 676
1/5/2013 12:42:48   
OverlordCody

Where can we find Father Hour on the map?
AQW  Post #: 677
1/5/2013 12:43:41   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

U mean the player who bought 80 r never meant to be rewarded?? Coz right now there is no item reward for 80 sh pack and when next pack comes. It will reset ??? Seriously *? That's so fair :)

It may not look fair, but thats the reality most likely. Nulgath still needs to make a profit on Oversoul to keep it running. To keep people buying more, he can't let them have newer deals with older purchases. It just doesn't work business wise.

@Spark

*Facepalm* I need to have a word with someone... -.-
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 678
1/5/2013 12:45:26   
drinde

Actually, I think it IS fair. You buy the 80 SG package, you get 80 SGs. You buy the 250 package, you get the 250 SGs, with an extra character as a bonus.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 679
1/5/2013 12:50:21   
Basicball

quote:

@asuka. U mean the player who bought 80 r never meant to be rewarded?? Coz right now there is no item reward for 80 sh pack and when next pack comes. It will reset ??? Seriously *? That's so fair :)

one could say that right now, founder is the reward for 80SG.

Also, it's useless to discuss how this is going to work, since we simply don't know.

maybe the next promo will be like this:

Total SG bought:
~0SG~~~80SG~~~160SG~~~~250SG~~~~~~500SG~~
Nothing~Nothing~Void Reaper~Black Dragon~Frost Queen

SG bought since last Promo:
~0SG~~~80SG~~~160SG~~
Nothing~Nothing~Frost Queen
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 680
1/5/2013 12:52:43   
Jmagician

@Asuka: It is true the 80 SG packages don't get character rewards, but I don't think Nulgath is going to turn off the lights on those who bought the 80 SG package. He doesn't seem like the type who would do that because then he will lose the money out of that package completely. Think about it this way, it is the smaller SG package that generates more revenue per SG. When people realize they get their meter restarted, they won't even buy it anymore making it useless. I think he has something planned to get around that.
AQW  Post #: 681
1/5/2013 12:55:00   
Asuka

He created the page for attention. Should have known when I saw him type "Yolo" on it. I'm sorry guys. v.v
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 682
1/5/2013 12:56:13   
Rilami
Shall we resolve this dissonance?

Perhaps there could be one meter that resets and one that doesn't? Like a lifetime SG meter, that has rewards added on once in awhile, maybe not like as amazing rewards as the SG meter that resets, but still good rewards. I mean, it would make sense in my opinion. :v
Post #: 683
1/5/2013 12:56:37   
Lord Athor

quote:

U mean the player who bought 80 r never meant to be rewarded??

"U" got rewarded with 80 SGs, what "U" paid for. When "U" bought the package "U" knew what "U" was getting and that a more expensive package was needed in order to get one of the promo items, they never hid anything so it's perfectly fair.

Also, as I put it in a previous post regarding this:

quote:

Well logic states that if you want a new promo to generate revenue you don't give it out for free to people who've already bought an old product, insted you market it so that they will be interested in investing more money in your business. For example if I bought a set of skis and got ski boots for free with my purchase I wouldn't be able to go back to the store with my skis and claim, say a winter jacket, if that was the deal of a later package.

No you get what you pay for when you pay for it and if you want more then you'll have to pay again, that's just common sense and good business.

Future promos will require another investment, otherwise that promo won't generate optimal revenue.
Makes sense?

@Rilami

You can see that through your Master Account, it's displayed there how many SGs you've purchased in total as well as how many you have left.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/5/2013 13:00:14 >
Post #: 684
1/5/2013 13:00:52   
Basicball

quote:

Perhaps there could be one meter that resets and one that doesn't? Like a lifetime SG meter, that has rewards added on once in awhile, maybe not like as amazing rewards as the SG meter that resets, but still good rewards. I mean, it would make sense in my opinion. :v

That's what I meant with this D:
quote:

quote:

@asuka. U mean the player who bought 80 r never meant to be rewarded?? Coz right now there is no item reward for 80 sh pack and when next pack comes. It will reset ??? Seriously *? That's so fair :)

one could say that right now, founder is the reward for 80SG.

Also, it's useless to discuss how this is going to work, since we simply don't know.

maybe the next promo will be like this:

Total SG bought:
~0SG~~~80SG~~~160SG~~~~250SG~~~~~~500SG~~
Nothing~Nothing~Void Reaper~Black Dragon~Frost Queen

SG bought since last Promo:
~0SG~~~80SG~~~160SG~~
Nothing~Nothing~Frost Queen

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 685
1/5/2013 13:01:49   
Jmagician

@Lord Athor: I know what "U" mean lol. But I think people who got the free bonus SGs got it tacked onto their SG meter. So this would imply that the SG packages bought have 2 purposes. 1 being that they give you SGs lol obvious and 2 being every SG package you buy gets added onto the meter to get a promotional character. I think the way they are working is buy and buy until you reach that amount that gives you a free character in game so this would make your theory somewhat unstable.
AQW  Post #: 686
1/5/2013 13:06:29   
Basicball

youknow, i've been looking for bavaria for about a day now. has anyone recently encountered her? if not; anyone up to help me look?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 687
1/5/2013 13:06:46   
Char

quote:

Like a lifetime SG meter, that has rewards added on once in awhile, maybe not like as amazing rewards as the SG meter that resets, but still good rewards. I mean, it would make sense in my opinion. :v

makes sense
Post #: 688
1/5/2013 13:08:40   
Lord Athor

@Jmagician

Well that could be if it's during one and the same promo period but if there's another, new, promo released it stands to reason that the meter should reset since otherwise the people who bought the higher amount of SGs would be given just about every new promo for free which would result in less revenue than what would be generated otherwise.

The point of releasing promos is to entice people to buy more of the product and if it's given for free to people who've already bought said product once in the past then what's the point? What would be a solution is to sell said promo item for a high amount of SGs in the character shop, then people who already bought the SGs, and don't need more, can get it without another SG purchase while people are still enticed to buy the package and get the SGs as well, that way OS will profit while not forcing the players to buy a new and unnecessary SG package to get the coveted character.
Post #: 689
1/5/2013 13:09:50   
theathenaflame

What website were you guys talking about e.e

WuuuuT??: And Nulgath said that the SG bar resets every promotional character(s) released?
AQW Epic  Post #: 690
1/5/2013 13:11:43   
Vagaran

No, that is just thought about it.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 691
1/5/2013 13:12:06   
Asuka

How about we settle the question?

https://twitter.com/TheAmazingAsuka/status/287622400261115905
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 692
1/5/2013 13:17:29   
Basicball

Silly me just noticed the Xmas Fiend went rare
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 693
1/5/2013 13:18:03   
Cyber doom5

I think the bar should reset for everyone who bought over 80 sg and those who didn't have the chance to purchase a package with something they want
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 694
1/5/2013 13:18:12   
Andlu

Well it makes sense that the bar would reset. But I would like to the 80 SGs bar like stay, and we can complete it in later updates.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 695
1/5/2013 13:19:35   
Vagaran

Letting 80SG bar stay doesn't make it fair for everyone who bought 160+ SG.

If it would happen for all other bars to get reset, so should 80SG.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 696
1/5/2013 13:21:04   
so0meone

quote:

Silly me just noticed the Xmas Fiend went rare

Good, that means no more new players can get it, think "Legendary = Unbeatable" and challenge me to duels, wasting both our time xD

I'm thinking it'll be something like what they've done with promo items in AQ. We had the Decimator armor in one package, then that left and Demon Lord replaced it in the SAME package, but you had to buy said package again to get both. So if Frost Queen becomes a 250-SG promo, it stands to reason it'll replace BD and we'd have to get the package again for the character.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 697
1/5/2013 13:21:27   
theathenaflame

I think in my own opinion, the bar should reset.. but, does any of you think that we should get some type of reward for buying the 80 SG package? Like 50k gold or an Artifact when they release..?

< Message edited by theathenaflame -- 1/5/2013 13:22:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 698
1/5/2013 13:22:22   
Lord Athor

@Cyber

So you mean that the people who made a large investment should be punished for that while the ones who just invested only a little money should be given an advantage in regards to getting the next promo item?

Seriously...?

@theathenaflame

The reason behind giving promos to people who make larger purchases is to entice people to invest more money, it makes no sense to give extras to everyone who buys something.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/5/2013 13:24:07 >
Post #: 699
1/5/2013 13:22:47   
Andlu

Isn't fair? They get a character and still isn't fair. IMO it is fair enough.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LIX - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition