Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LX - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LX - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2013 10:36:38   
AQSewy

quote:

@basic, Nulgath was talking about how every character was equal, and when Card Customization comes out you will have access to all the cards :3

I wont bother finding the quote, but when Card customization first came on the coming soon! list, Nulgath told us you will be restricted to your own cars, you can't take a card from another character that yours does not currently own.
AQ  Post #: 651
1/6/2013 10:38:20   
Basicball

quote:

How do you guys think quests are going to be, like DF, MQ quests or like AQW quests?

Since we're getting dungeons: MQ

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 652
1/6/2013 10:39:01   
Leprechaun

*Stuffs a deck with burn* problem?
Post #: 653
1/6/2013 10:39:59   
megakyle777

I want to know if we will get new cards with this.
DF  Post #: 654
1/6/2013 10:41:32   
Lord Athor

@Rascal

Nah, that would be too kiddie for me. Since Good and Evil have a scale we should be faced with choises so that we can either gain a higher fame/notariety through our actions in the game or redeem/villify ourselves if we feel like changing sides but to do that would be a tedious process. It shouldn't be a one time choise but reflect how it is in most RPGs, that you can change the colors of your feathers (sorry for the pun Rev) but that it takes time and effort to do so and also that with hard work you can rise in the ranks of your chosen alignment until (if you're Evil) you one day might be at the same level as the Great Fiend himself...
Post #: 655
1/6/2013 10:42:43   
Ghost_Trick

@ Rascal I expect quest to be long, but rewarding like in AQW. You know, it's nulgath :).
AQW Epic  Post #: 656
1/6/2013 10:46:52   
Lord Athor

In regards to the quests I do hope they will involve actual questing and not just get mission -> slay X monsters and/or click Y points on a map -> return to point of origin and turn in quest -> rince and repeat.

I'd like to see real quests like they are in RPGs where you are sent to a place, has to explore that place and perhaps run into side quests and alignment affecting choises on the way and not until after a long journey you return to the person who gave you the quest and turn it in. This, of course, requires that we can save our progress along the way but I think that would be the most rewarding.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/6/2013 10:48:04 >
Post #: 657
1/6/2013 10:51:55   
Blackshock

You know what would be a good way to do a quest? They don't point out where to go, but they say it in a way where we have to put the pieces together. For example, we take a hit from the tavern, guy tells us that he wants a certain someone taken care of but doesn't know where he lives. We then search out someone who IS familiar with where that target lives and beat the clues from him. The unwilling informant then tells us that the target lives in the woods and loves going fishing nearby his home. Helps narrow down our search area ect. Idk, I just wish they'd pattern it over morrowind's quest system.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 658
1/6/2013 10:53:27   
Leprechaun

Kruger update: lvl 9!

So can anyone confirm FM evolve price? :D
Post #: 659
1/6/2013 10:53:58   
Megadragonknight

Card customization should involve about using new cards with special abilities specifically for that element. About quests, we may not expect the exact same scenario as AQW. For boss battle, i am sure it will be solo battle and the boss character may slightly be more tougher than regular monsters we fought everytime like using 3 hit combo or using the cards in proper way but not to a full extent like us who goes in full force in PvP or PvE.

< Message edited by megaknighthero -- 1/6/2013 11:02:49 >
Post #: 660
1/6/2013 10:54:45   
Skurge
The Dealer

@Leprechaun:

Gratz. I wish I had Kruger to begin with. Haha.

-S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 661
1/6/2013 10:55:14   
Lord Athor

@black

It's that kind of quests I'm looking for, they could also result in side quests where we have to do something for that guy in the tavern before he reveals the information we need and so on. Then, if the alignment choises apply, we could either choose to do the quest for him (Good) or take him out back and beat the information out of him (Evil) and that way we add another dimension to it all.
Post #: 662
1/6/2013 10:57:20   
Blackshock

Now THAT is a creative way of putting in alignment, I like it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 663
1/6/2013 10:58:19   
Char

quote:

You know what would be a good way to do a quest? They don't point out where to go, but they say it in a way where we have to put the pieces together. For example, we take a hit from the tavern, guy tells us that he wants a certain someone taken care of but doesn't know where he lives. We then search out someone who IS familiar with where that target lives and beat the clues from him. The unwilling informant then tells us that the target lives in the woods and loves going fishing nearby his home. Helps narrow down our search area ect. Idk, I just wish they'd pattern it over morrowind's quest system.

Kind of like when you train assasin in AQ?
Post #: 664
1/6/2013 10:58:41   
Basicball

Xmas Fiend update: 14 and a half D:
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 665
1/6/2013 10:59:10   
Victoria3114

Hai everyone! Has Father Minute been found yet?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 666
1/6/2013 11:00:34   
AQSewy

quote:

quote:

@Nulgath Why the new characters only have a limited amount of cards (like 20 or so)?

There's a specific reason for it. Most of the new characters only have 15+ cards. As of now card customization for Oversoul will be very strenuous on the game's database. Especially with thousands of players changing their decks. It was suggested to me the best way to handle this would be to allow players to add to their current deck of cards as opposed to switching them out completely. It's not how I planned it but I'm ok with this adjustment as it makes the characters more unique.
So less cards to start with will be at the players benefit since you will have more customization options. The more cards you have the more difficult it will be to streamline your cards for a specific tactic.

I actually want to see if it'll be possible to allow players to omit certain cards from being played in their default deck if they choose. This would allow even more customization.

-Nulgath

This was some of Nulgath's thoughts on customisation ;) I bothered to look it up anyway
AQ  Post #: 667
1/6/2013 11:01:05   
Skurge
The Dealer

@Victoria3114:

Yeah. It's in yet another Ice Location.

-S

*Compliments to Asuka.

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 668
1/6/2013 11:01:31   
Char

@victoria yea look at this

well I was thinking, it's called card customisation not deck customisation, so could it be that we can add damage to a card, kind of like BD's cards?

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 1/6/2013 11:03:14 >
Post #: 669
1/6/2013 11:01:43   
Lord Athor

Of course there'd have to be a risk involved in the Evil part, since the quest will take longer time than taking him out back, and that's the possibility that he beats us and then the information will be lost or that we have to find another way to gain the information from someone else.

There are tons of possibilities here, if they take the time to do things properly. I wouldn't mind being given such a proper quest once every three or four months if they're done like that and the stories can be repeated.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/6/2013 11:03:45 >
Post #: 670
1/6/2013 11:02:59   
Megadragonknight

I may want to elaborate furthur about the storyline for Oversoul, like this, when Nulgath first arrive in OS realm along with his minions and Klunk, Dillgaf and Rev, he planned to take over the world and kill many innocent people and took their soul and add them as their soul collection. One of the victim who is us, the OS player, became a soul, he saw many innocent people killed and could not bear it, so he used his soul ability to kill and possess them to grow stronger to face and defeat Nulgath and his army for honor, justice and peace in OS realm. The story began...

< Message edited by megaknighthero -- 1/6/2013 11:09:46 >
Post #: 671
1/6/2013 11:05:11   
Victoria3114

Wow, the staff must really like barbarians stuffed in our faces xD

Whoa, first try, found him, first try, possessed! That is luck...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 672
1/6/2013 11:06:29   
Char

quote:

well I was thinking, it's called card customisation not deck customisation, so could it be that we can add damage to a card, kind of like BD's cards?

this
Post #: 673
1/6/2013 11:06:35   
Skurge
The Dealer

Same here. O_O

-S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 674
1/6/2013 11:06:48   
AQSewy

@Victoria That is frustrating, I've been there a while still haven't even encountered him yet and you're like the fifth person here to say encounteredn and possessed first try
AQ  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LX - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition