Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 8, 2013 - The Forge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 8, 2013 - The Forge
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2013 20:19:02   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

January 08, 2013
The Forge

Join us for yet another installment of the Omega Development Diaries! We made a lot of tasty progress today as Rabbleforth and Titan tackled the battle engine while Charfade and I took interface and armor design!

There Can Only Be One...

Hundred. One hundred winners in the Golden Yeti Tournament. You will be able to view your point total and the total off all the top 100 contestants from any one of these Tournament boards scattered across Delta V.

In addition to a Golden Yeti, the top 100 contestants -- those who racked up the most points through battle victories during the 2-week event -- will receive an achievement indicating their rank on the leaderboard: Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum. There will only be ONE Platinum Yeti Achievement winner -- a champion for the ages!

Forging Ahead

With Omega, you will be able to equip skills directly to your weapons. Are working name for these skills is "skill cores." Charfade is hard a work designing interface icons for the piles and piles of cores we will release throughout Omega. We have a master list of core ideas spanning multiple pages and we are adding to it almost every day. We call it the Core Forge! We hope to release a number of basic cores at launch to get you used to the system, then add more over time as we build them. With the new battle engine, there will be almost no limit to what we can do!

Have your own idea for skill cores? Let us know in the EpicDuel forums!

Join us tomorrow as Cinderella explains the mysterious force known to the Krampus people as "The Endless!"

Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged. --SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 1/8/2013 20:34:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/8/2013 20:21:42   
Crimson Eagle

Wow! The developers are really listening to us!

We wanted more Design Notes. WE GOT MORE DESIGN NOTES!

Three in two days!!!

EDIT: And another one tomorrow! (Read the last line!)

~Crimson Eagle

< Message edited by Crimson Eagle -- 1/8/2013 21:34:15 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/8/2013 20:27:16   
Rayman
Banned

Yep, We need the 4th notes tomorrow :3
And Didn't wanted the golden tournament to have cheevos but oh well.
And I hope they release all these skill cores in the update.

AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/8/2013 20:29:36   
Crimson Eagle

From BasicBall's Twitter:
quote:

One Final comment from the Basicball: You should check ALL 100 winners' IP adresses to fight fraud (account sharing to win).
They most definitely need do this! I have a feeling a few players are going to do this to win.

~Crimson Eagle!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/8/2013 20:30:54   
Midnightsoul

Wow, Yetis are so commercialized. I think I'm gonna give up on the Platinum Yeti...I can't play THAT much

EDIT: Nvm, LOL, I thought they said they were going to make a platinum yeti, I misread that. It's obviously going to be comicalbiker. I'm really looking forward to this update sooo much!!! :))) The stuff is still very appealing :P

< Message edited by Midnightsoul -- 1/8/2013 20:35:45 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/8/2013 20:48:03   
Vypie

Hum... ideas for skill cores! I sure have tons of ideas, but little time to write them down.

When I get the time (soon, I hope!), I will show them.

It would be good if they would give some examples of those Skill core abilities, so the ideas can be balanced around a certain amount of power/usefulness.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/8/2013 21:05:38   
ashtonsdad

Man I am officially anticipating Omega. I am absolutely going hard for the plat. cheevo. Beta days are back again, in the form of OMEGA! Again, thank you staff for not rushing the release and going all out for us on this. I am excited for everyone that has been a part of Epic Duel, especially those I have known for many years; so good to see many coming back. Long live Delta V!

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 1/8/2013 21:06:46 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/8/2013 21:16:08   
WheresTheMoney

Hi nightwrath! i love the new uptate and for it to come out!!! but i do have one question.. my inventory is 27/30 now i preordered the yetis and weps but thats 6 weps. my inventory cant fit it all! are you guys gonna give everyone slots or.. i dunno. but i dont have enough varium (11 more and i can) by more slots. i was hoping u guys could give us some slots. thanks :)
Post #: 8
1/8/2013 21:23:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

ha ha, like i said the devs won't disappoint us, and looks like omega is getting even closer with these design notes ^^
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/8/2013 21:26:21   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Finally, some info released that had no negatives for me
I'm fairly sure I won't win a yeti, nor a cheevo, but whatev, I was never expecting to, so that's okay with me
As for the skill cores, I love the idea, basically add one extra skill to your build, and some passive stuff

Still no sign of the compensation, which I am still most concerned about, but things are looking bright
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/8/2013 21:26:27   
Mother1

@ crimson

Yeah I have a feeling that this might go down. Competition can do this to people especially with hardcore players. As for me I will give it my best with the time I have. I know I won't win the platinum badge since there are more hardcore players then I, but this will be fun none the less.

Epic  Post #: 11
1/8/2013 21:38:52   
xxmirxx

so is update this week or maybe next week?
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
1/8/2013 21:39:18   
Rayman
Banned

WheresTheMoney: if u have 27/30 and you preordered, it will take you to 33/'30 slots and once you sell 3 weps you will go back to 30/30 or 30/x#.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/8/2013 21:39:24   
ashtonsdad

quote:

From BasicBall's Twitter:
quote:

One Final comment from the Basicball: You should check ALL 100 winners' IP adresses to fight fraud (account sharing to win).
They most definitely need do this! I have a feeling a few players are going to do this to win.

~Crimson Eagle!

Support this 110%, checking all 100 IP's of the top winners. And if any are caught, whatever punishment the staff deem fair, and the yeti go to the next runner up whom IP check check's out legit. I think it should be kept quiet by staff and not officially confirmed as to catch those that would do such things that hurt the integrity of the game.

P.S. Core Skills is one of the best feature sI have seen for this game yet. Can not wait to put together so many new builds.

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 1/8/2013 21:46:48 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/8/2013 21:45:18   
Goony
Constructive!

@Vipie

If you could separate them into these areas it would be good :)

quote:

Battle Modifiers
• Overcharge: Skip a turn to regain 20% Energy
• Initiative: +10% chance of going first

Rage Modifiers
• Haste: Rage increases faster, but defense reduction is reduced

Skill Modifiers
• Cure: Cures DoT effects

Chance Modifiers
• Like a Rock: -5% chance of being stunned

Armor
• Fortify: Skip a turn, increase defense +10%

Auxiliary and Sidearms
• Broken Bullet: In case of deflection, damage is also dealt to opponent

Primary Weapons
• Eviscerate: Chance to cause opponent to leak HP for the duration of the fight

The dot points are just examples!

< Message edited by Goony -- 1/8/2013 21:49:45 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/8/2013 21:46:42   
Blaze The Aion Ender

But, like, what if they were at their friends house playing on their account? That is not account sharing :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/8/2013 22:50:12   
Vypie

@Goony

Thank you! :D
I have tons of work to do right now, but I will post in the suggestion forum the moment I have some free time, and update it with new ideas if I come up with more.
Epic  Post #: 17
1/8/2013 22:50:31   
ashtonsdad

Yes, that s account sharing but in that case it would be impossible to catch them. But it is much less likely for that too happen than it is for people to pilot from different computers.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/8/2013 22:52:26   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@ashtons He meant what if HE went to a friend's house and HE played on his own account, not on his friend's account or having his friend play for him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/8/2013 23:08:11   
SouL Prisoner

I play with diff IPs i got 2-3 different net connection (wireless) I some time even play at my college, cyber cafe ..

Would I be guilty charged, coz some of my frinds play at cyber and.college too ???

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/8/2013 23:35:11   
Divreon

I often connect to the internet through proxies in different countries. The epic duel servers have no way to identify this as legitimate or not, because I always connect through different IPs except while using a computer that I don't own.

I like not being tracked. I like my security. I could easily set it up to use the same one for the month of the tournament, and probably will just in case, but just because someone uses different IPs or even IPs in different countries on the same day, doesn't mean they are sharing an account.

Now, if they try to log in simultaneously from different countries or IP's then that's a good indication, but I hardly think that's all that likely to catch many account sharers, most of whom are in the same household, or share an internet connection.

DRAGON STAR GUARDIAN LORD
Founder, DF, MQ, ED
Generally Reasonable Guy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/8/2013 23:35:55   
Hun Kingq

Another way to see if more than one player using the same account is see how long they are on especially during the week when they have school or work and kids have a bed time if they are logged in after that bed time then something is up.

Epic  Post #: 22
1/8/2013 23:43:28   
Mother1

@ hun

There are those players who can play several days straight without stop. If they actually did that even though it isn't healthy you can't punish them for doing that.
Epic  Post #: 23
1/9/2013 0:35:45   
Drianx

quote:

I play with diff IPs i got 2-3 different net connection (wireless) I some time even play at my college, cyber cafe ..

Would I be guilty charged, coz some of my frinds play at cyber and.college too ???

No, no, no.

Common sense says that people who will have a suspiciously high amount of wins will be most likely investigated.

And this is because casual gamers seriously want to stand a chance as well. I'm not talking about lazy people but, come on, when some are doing 400-500 wins daily, there might be something fishy.

Most likely the typical scenario is when an account gets about 100-200 wins then disconnects and reconnects from a different IP and gets 100-200 more wins and so on.

One of the patterns that can be investigated is if someone reconnects in 10 minutes from an IP that is located 200 miles away from the first one.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/9/2013 0:36:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/9/2013 0:40:48   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Yes, check IP adresses.
If one account is on more then one IP adresses, punish them.
You should just stick to one IP adress, or they would not be able to find account sharers.

I also have multiple IP adresses where i can play on, but i will stick to one so they can punish the account sharers.
Follow my example if you also have more IP adresses to go too.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 8, 2013 - The Forge
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition